Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviboy

I think spurs and city will beat us in same week if we dont get Mctominey and pogba back. Mourinho might tactically outsmart Ole and get 3 points and then we will be schooled by city style of football. Pressure back on Ole to go then.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Have a nap.
I’m sorry but I don’t have a clue what you’re on about. You want a bang average player to keep getting game time just so he can carry on playing football? What?

manunited1919

Unbelievable, you changed your vote because we spent £130m on our defence and conceded 3 goals but you want him to spend more on a midfield. Do me a favour lad!
As to spending £130m in defense, you can go look at my posts in the Maguire transfer forum. I have always been of the opinion that the money spent on Maguire should have been spent on midfielders and a striker. But we are where we are.

I changed my vote due to the changes he brought about in a game against Sheffield where we looked like a completely shit team, and somehow got us playing football again in that game. We had never seen him before be able to turn around a game. If he can instill fighting spirit to our players after playing so badly the first half, he deserves more time.

mav_9me

That sub made no sense. We were in control. The front three were dominating. He takes Martial off and concedes the impetus we gained. He is such a shite manager. If that would have been Mourinho, this forum would be calling for his head.
I don't intend to support Ole but you can't defend a lead with Lingard in CM beside Fred. I think getting Tuanzebe in to strengthen the midfield was the right decision... Just that we are not good enough. Even if we did concede a late equalizer the bigger problem is how clueless we looked.

edgecutter

This isn't a one off, we have played poorly throughout this season and today was no different. We have great players upfront, but we are poorly structured and can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives. It's beyond me that people refuse to blame the manager when there was plenty looking for Jose's head last year.

Roboc7

He’s so negative, a manager who can coach and actually wants to attack would make a big difference.

We can give him loads of time and money and with better players we’ll probably get better. But he’ll still be a negative and very limited manager.

laughtersassassin

As to spending £130m in defense, you can go look at my posts in the Maguire transfer forum. I have always been of the opinion that the money spent on Maguire should have been spent on midfielders and a striker. But we are where we are.

I changed my vote due to the changes he brought about in a game against Sheffield where we looked like a completely shit team, and somehow got us playing football again in that game. We had never seen him before be able to turn around a game. If he can instill fighting spirit to our players after playing so badly the first half, he deserves more time.

That makes no sense. Williams changed the game not Ole. Ole then changed the game to make us draw by taking off martial.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol:

“we set up wrong, showed zero signs of a plan or any coaching whatsoever, but a couple of moments of individual brilliance got us back into the game so I’m back to thinking he’s the man for the future even though his changes after we took the lead screwed us back up.”

Logic.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A great comeback, United start playing then the dipshit takes off Martial. If anymore proof is needed that this guy is out of his depth then this is it. If Mourinho had made that substitution and Utd had drawn he would have been absolutely slaughtered by the fanbase and rightly so. That change was not needed and it cost Utd the win.
Makes two subs to turn 0-2 into 3-2, but god forbid we put on a defender in injury time.

Feck off

pacifictheme

Never seen so many of our "supporters" actively willing the team to lose.
I want us to win. But i also want the board to realise a year later we're no better. The only difference is this manager isn't actively trying to get the sack. We have no style of play. No identity. We are woeful. I'm not expecting us to win the league, but i do expect there to be a clear on field identity. There simply isn't one.

manunited1919

So the fact that our manager totally fecked up tactic and lineup don't bother you? And again he did it at the end of the game? We played well 10 minutes and scored 3 from 3 chances. It is ok for you?
I’ve always thought one of Ole’s main weakness was his inability to turn around a bad game. He made changes today In a game I thought would be impossible for us to get back in it.

SAFMUTD

The fact he was cheerful at the end of the game tells you all about his expectations and what he transmit to the team. He is plain average at best, all that speech about the time needed and seeing some players declarations like Rashford last week saying this is transitional and we wont get where we want in one year, its like we are ok with mediocrity.

As if we are giving a free pass to everyone just for the sake of it, the players seems comfortable and out of pression with the poor performances and poor results because the manager has make sure everyone notices that this is acceptable.

Mainoldo

I’m sorry but I don’t have a clue what you’re on about. You want a bang average player to keep getting game time just so he can carry on playing football? What?
Not what I said though was it. I said he’d actually make him play again. You started talking about his one patch of purple form like he’s been this crap all his career. Which is not true. So unless your going to have a honest conversation about him as a player. No point.

edgecutter

I want us to win. But i also want the board to realise a year later we're no better. The only difference is this manager isn't actively trying to get the sack. We have no style of play. No identity. We are woeful. I'm not expecting us to win the league, but i do expect there to be a clear on field identity. There simply isn't one.
This is how I feel. I can take poor results if I can see something coming together, but bar moments of brilliance we look so clueless that it just isn't right to offer ole more time.

If we can get poch, we should offer him some the in the job this season to get his head around what needs to be done in the summer.

izec

Just not good enough. This game today summed him up, even if he does it right at some point, he fecks it up again

MonkeysMagic

I am embarrassed to see the change in voting patterns based on singular results and now convinced that upwards of 30% of those voting are non-Utd fans as there is no rational way to explain how the garbage that is being served up by the current team is worth persevering with!

And now that a credible option has presented an opportunity to make a change, they still cannot fathom the absolute chasm between Ole and Poch in terms of coaching ability!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We were awful first half, everything was wrong and we had one shot. In second half until 70th minute we dodn't create anything. So it was not nothing new. But because of nice 10 minutes and 3 goals from 3 chances, he deserves to stay? How much shit people need to see to realise that he needs to go. Today. Especially in terms that Poch or Allegri will not be out of job for too long

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Ole post match pretty clueless. Talking about our comeback as if we’re a team that’s challenging for the league and have a crap 70 mins are losing 2 nil and show character to comeback and draw/win

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I blame it more on our inability to see out games, part of which is the mental aspect of players, for equalizer. Bringing on Tuanzebe wasn't a bad move. We have seen that thousand times over the years by all clubs, bringing a CB to see out match. Note that we only had one CM on pitch that time. So, not much wrong with that sub. We could have cleared the ball few times but we didn't/couldn't.

RonaldoVII

I blame it more on our inability to see out games, part of which is the mental aspect of players, for equalizer. Bringing on Tuanzebe wasn't a bad move. We have seen that thousand times over the years by all clubs. Not much wrong with that sub. We could have cleared the ball few times but we didn't/couldn't.
Reverting to a back 5 when it was so bad for an hour was madness though.

ash_86

Appreciate the 48% of the people who aren't trigger happy like the few. We just witnessed a very good comeback from a very young team. Ole made those positive changes that impacted this comeback but we couldn't hold on till the end. This is one of the hardest ground that we will goto after Anfield and Etihad and we showed that our spine is good and we can respond to a bad half. The team is very young and we are going to see these kind of performances. We cannot play like we playing against Brighton every week , we are going to see bad half like the one we saw today. Take aways is that we were able to turn it around and that's what impresses me. This team has character.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sheffield United sat back which allowed us to get into the game. They made a massive mistake. As soon as they went behind, they took over the game again.
This. Says all you need to know about us.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Reverting to a back 5 when it was so bad for an hour was madness though.
Yeah could have played Axel as CM. Our players are bit weak too though. One can see that they get anxious in closing stages when we are defending one goal lead.

Paxi

I just changed my vote after the turnaround at Sheffield United.

There are still issues that need to be fixed, but he deserves more time. We need to buy a midfielder or two and maybe another attacking player over the January transfer window.
A turnaround? What?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Changed my vote to sack simply because Poch is available. It needs to be done ASAP

Appreciate the 48% of the people who aren't trigger happy like the few. We just witnessed a very good comeback from a very young team. Ole made those positive changes that impacted this comeback but we couldn't hold on till the end. This is one of the hardest ground that we will goto after Anfield and Etihad and we showed that our spine is good and we can respond to a bad half. The team is very young and we are going to see these kind of performances. We cannot play like we playing against Brighton every week , we are going to see bad half like the one we saw today. Take aways is that we were able to turn it around and that's what impresses me. This team has character.
Hmmmm... United 3 Newcastle 2, October 2018.

"character" @ash_86

Paxi

I think spurs and city will beat us in same week if we dont get Mctominey and pogba back. Mourinho might tactically outsmart Ole and get 3 points and then we will be schooled by city style of football. Pressure back on Ole to go then.
Might? Jose is tactical genius and I've no fecking idea what Ole is apart from a coward.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Apparently said this post match:

“it’s football. Sometimes it’s beyond tactics. The passion and drive ... they wanted it more than us.”

He loves that word passion

bushyzor

I’m a firm believer in giving people time, and while I think Ole has a good strategy to buying players that will benefit the club in years to come I feel like he just doesn’t have the coaching skills required at this level.

I think the sooner we can get a better coach in to improve our players the better.

As I said in another thread, Maurinho had the coaching skills but not the ability to mange the personalities. Ole has the ability to manage the personalities but not the coaching skills.

I have sadly changed my vote from keep to sack.

Nico87

Do you realise that 52% out of a 100% isn’t the few?

Untd55

We have only played like that a grand total of twice since the PSG games. I don't think you can say that when it so rare.

Some people are acting like it has only been one game where we have been playing poorly. No, we have been on terrible form for 30 games now.

31 games 10 wins - 32% win rate across all competitions since the PSG matches. On top of that, the performances are dire. I think it is pretty reasonable that people want him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.