Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Melon

:lol:

“we set up wrong, showed zero signs of a plan or any coaching whatsoever, but a couple of moments of individual brilliance got us back into the game so I’m back to thinking he’s the man for the future even though his changes after we took the lead screwed us back up.”

Logic.
This million times this. He sets the team wrongly, takes us into deep shite, then makes the subs, we are finally out of misery while his coward nature is shite scared again and he paves the way for opposition's comeback. Clueless.

MoskvaRed

We just don’t looked coached. Disjointed and no fluidity. Even his much vaunted signings have question marks, particularly Maguire. There is not one reason to keep him and therefore I expect Woodward to keep him in place.

Nick7

Makes two subs to turn 0-2 into 3-2, but god forbid we put on a defender in injury time.

Feck off
We made the sub in the 84th minute. 4 minutes after scoring our third. With 10 minutes left including injury time. He invited them to attack us by going back to the formation they scored two against.

I’m a firm believer in giving people time, and while I think Ole has a good strategy to buying players that will benefit the club in years to come I feel like he just doesn’t have the coaching skills required at this level.

I think the sooner we can get a better coach in to improve our players the better.

As I said in another thread, Maurinho had the coaching skills but not the ability to mange the personalities. Ole has the ability to manage the personalities but not the coaching skills.

I have sadly changed my vote from keep to sack.
Nar, Mourinho had the coaching skills to win, but not the skills that matched with the way our club wants to play nor the philosophy to match the clubs ideals in the transfer market.
LVG was the closest but his coaching didn't suit either.
Ole... has nothing but the ideals.
Poch on paper has it all.

Water Melon

Appreciate the 48% of the people who aren't trigger happy like the few. We just witnessed a very good comeback from a very young team. Ole made those positive changes that impacted this comeback but we couldn't hold on till the end. This is one of the hardest ground that we will goto after Anfield and Etihad and we showed that our spine is good and we can respond to a bad half. The team is very young and we are going to see these kind of performances. We cannot play like we playing against Brighton every week , we are going to see bad half like the one we saw today. Take aways is that we were able to turn it around and that's what impresses me. This team has character.
The 48% is minority while 52% is majority.

El Zoido

I just hope we eventually get Klopp only for him to fail miserably (inevitable with this team), then I can enjoy the mental gymnastic of our fans that worship him, struggling to understand why he’s failing with us.

Judas

Open to offers
We just don’t looked coached. Disjointed and no fluidity. Even his much vaunted signings have question marks, particularly Maguire. There is not one reason to keep him and therefore I expect Woodward to keep him in place.
This is the biggest worry for me still. When will this change, will it under him? I've no real confidence.

Mainoldo

They're so fecking bad and we're at home. They're 17th in the table and only won 3 games so far this season. We'll win easily, 3-0 too.
You haven’t watched them clearly. They are just as good as Sheffield United just been very unlucky with VAR.

bushyzor

Nar, Mourinho had the coaching skills to win, but not the skills that matched with the way our club wants to play nor the philosophy to match the clubs ideals in the transfer market.
LVG was the closest but his coaching didn't suit either.
Ole... has nothing but the ideals.
Poch on paper has it all.
I agree. It’s just the “on paper” part that makes me so nervous. But as always the fact that there are no other coaches of apparent quality available (that I’m aware of?) makes Poch seem like the only option should we choose to sack Ole.

ash_86

We have only played like that a grand total of twice since the PSG games. I don't think you can say that when it so rare.

Some people are acting like it has only been one game where we have been playing poorly. No, we have been on terrible form for 30 games now.

31 games 10 wins - 32% win rate across all competitions since the PSG matches. On top of that, the performances are dire. I think it is pretty reasonable that people want him gone.
Since Martial is back we have defiantly started playing better. The front 3 is working much effectively now. Our record since then is P8 W5

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
With who was available today, I understood Ole's starting 11, but it clearly wasn't working so he changed it at halftime. I would have preferred he changed it earlier, but that's fine. Mind you, he should have taken off Perriera at halftime as well as he was horrible all game. And as soon as he did take him off, we scored two quick goals in a 4-4-2 formation. I just hope to see more of that. Maybe not with Lingard in the #6, but he did what we had to do and it worked. He also made the right sub to take off Martial (he had a horrible game today) to get a DM in. Mind you, we were in complete control of the game at that point, so even though it was "the right move" I would have liked to see us stick to it and kill off the game. Mind you, if we did and they scored I'd be bitching about that as well so damned if you do, damned if you don't...

fergiesarmy1

Since Martial is back we have defiantly started playing better. The front 3 is working much effectively now. Our record since then is P8 W5
Although Martial was very disappointing today, did not look like he fancied a cold night in Sheffield which is concerning after all this time now at the club and a full winter schedule to come thick and fast.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
As to spending £130m in defense, you can go look at my posts in the Maguire transfer forum. I have always been of the opinion that the money spent on Maguire should have been spent on midfielders and a striker. But we are where we are.

I changed my vote due to the changes he brought about in a game against Sheffield where we looked like a completely shit team, and somehow got us playing football again in that game. We had never seen him before be able to turn around a game. If he can instill fighting spirit to our players after playing so badly the first half, he deserves more time.
Have you also realised he's responsible for us not attacking after our third goal?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Is Poch even available? Lots of managers who are sacked still have to wait till the end of the season for compensation reasons...
I have an idea.

Why don't we sack Ole now, but keep him on as interim manager until Poch joins in the summer? After all, we know how good Ole is as an interim manager.

I guess the problem is Woodward will probably end up recruiting Ole again as permanent manager once he inevitably goes on a winning streak as caretaker.

Obviously I'm not being serious here.

Bwuk

Out his depth. We should be finding out if Poch is interested.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
GTF out of my club, Lolly, u Norwijlian rapscallion!

ash_86

Although Martial was very disappointing today, did not look like he fancied a cold night in Sheffield which is concerning after all this time now at the club and a full winter schedule to come thick and fast.

Yes definitely not up for it today. When he's marked he does not perform well which is a worry.

Un4givableB

That's Martial for you, hot or cold.

He's such a class player there would be no shortage of clubs willing to take him but if l had my life on the line, for a goal, l wound pick Lukaku over him every time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We need to sack Ole, but Poch isn't the guy for the job.
Don’t agree. He’s an extremely intelligent manager. Who else would you get? Don’t say Allegri.

Backrow Singer

Celebrating a win against Norwich like we’d won the World Cup is one thing but I never thought I would see people praising the “character” of the team after a performance like that. If you saw any character in that performance today fair play to you. If a couple of breakaway goals is now a sign of character, I’d rather not bother to be honest, I really wouldn’t. They didn’t even have the character to close the game out, never mind the previous hour plus.

Just find it all so humiliating and cringeworthy. The standards of everyone surrounding the club have dropped lower than I ever thought was possible.

Cpt Negative

Where have we seen similar circumstances at different clubs in the past, where a manager has failed over his first 6 months+, then suddenly shown competency all of a sudden? I can't remember one. People need to wake up. This lunacy has to end sometime.
Fergie was a pretty fecking big one.

Klopp did nothing at Liverpool for two years

pep finished 4th in his first season
Villa manager, fairly certain they were mid table half way through last season then won 10 in a row (they were calling him out too)

there’s plenty and there just the ones I can remember, but it doesn’t fit your rhetoric

Halftrack

Celebrating a win against Norwich like we’d won the World Cup is one thing but I never thought I would see people praising the “character” of the team after a performance like that. If you saw any character in that performance today fair play to you. If a couple of breakaway goals is now a sign of character, I’d rather not bother to be honest, I really wouldn’t.

Just find it all so humiliating and cringeworthy. The standards of everyone surrounding the club have dropped lower than I ever thought was possible.
To be fair, the character of the players is one of the few things you can praise. They keep chasing and challenging to the very end. You might well say that the quality isn't good enough, but the character is clearly there.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yes Ole isn't very tactically sound but when you have 3 AMs Mata Pereira and Lingard all of which wouldn't even be on the bench for a top team that says a lot about where we are now as a club than Ole not being good enough

el3mel

Fergie was a pretty fecking big one.

Klopp did nothing at Liverpool for two years

pep finished 4th in his first season
Villa manager, fairly certain they were mid table half way through last season then won 10 in a row (they were calling him out too)

there’s plenty and there just the ones I can remember, but it doesn’t fit your rhetoric

First season he got a top 4 without any problem and second season reached CL final. What are you talking about?

Also Pep applied his style pretty we and finished 3rd in his 3rd mainly because of his old aged defenders that didn't suit his pressing game, but the style was there and they finished 3rd.

Look at the table. We are 9th after 13 games approaching December.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because Woodward. He'll treat this draw today as an improvement. Also we're winning the next game against Villa. He has a big cushion from now on.
My only hope is that Ed will do Ed. He likes new shiny toys and Poch is one of them.
But nevertheless, this was probably PSG all over again. Game that fecked us up for a long period. Until 70th minute i think that he was gone but this comeback did amazing things for him in Ed's eyes.

MonkeysMagic

This is one of the hardest ground that we will goto after Anfield and Etihad...

Please tell me you are joking...is this the level we have now descended to?

el3mel

My only hope is that Ed will do Ed. He likes new shiny toys and Poch is one of them.
But nevertheless, this was probably PSG all over again. Game that fecked us up for a long period. Until 70th minute i think that he was gone but this comeback did amazing things for him in Ed's eyes.
Ed wants it to succeed for personal reasons. He wants to prove he discovered a gem no one else did, and that all the club's problems were thanks to Mourinho. He's going to be more patient on Ole than on anyone else. He wants to prove his strategy is working. It's depressing but I have given up. Gonna be very long season.

RUCK4444

This is one of the hardest ground that we will goto after Anfield and Etihad...

Please tell me you are joking...is this the level we have now descended to?
Thing is, I disagree with the guys opinion of it being third hardest ground but drawing away to Sheffield is our level right now.

People need to stop comparing this squad with some of the truly great sides we’ve had in the past.

This squad is a threadbare, teenage, mess of mixed ability, the result of three very different previous managers.

The squad needs bodies in midfield desperately.

I mean when we start Perreira and Fred as a midfield two what did people expect?
Ole in fairness needs more than one window to correct this squad, as would any manager.

redIndianDevil

Appreciate the 48% of the people who aren't trigger happy like the few. We just witnessed a very good comeback from a very young team. Ole made those positive changes that impacted this comeback but we couldn't hold on till the end. This is one of the hardest ground that we will goto after Anfield and Etihad and we showed that our spine is good and we can respond to a bad half. The team is very young and we are going to see these kind of performances. We cannot play like we playing against Brighton every week , we are going to see bad half like the one we saw today. Take aways is that we were able to turn it around and that's what impresses me. This team has character.
About 50% voting Ole out aren't trigger happy, they have always been Ole out since finding out that he has no coaching talent or any plan. It's the 2-3% that keeps changing votes every game.

Shark

@NotShark
That's Martial for you, hot or cold.

He's such a class player there would be no shortage of clubs willing to take him but if l had my life on the line, for a goal, l wound pick Lukaku over him every time.
Did you even watch Lukaku for us? He fluffed hundreds of chances.

Kemizee

Sacking Ole won’t change anything when you look at the running order for who his replacement might be. There’s nothing to suggest Pochettino or Allegri can build a team and lead a major club to domestic and continental success in a competitive league.
Imagine if all top clubs had this mindset when it comes to replacing out of depth managers. Jesus! Give me a break.

Cpt Negative

First season he got a top 4 without any problem and second season reached CL final. What are you talking about?

Also Pep applied his style pretty we and finished 3rd in his 3rd mainly because of his old aged defenders that didn't suit his pressing game, but the style was there and they finished 3rd.

Look at the table. We are 9th after 13 games approaching December.
Liverpool finished 8th in his first season and got top 4 in his first full season.

So Pep gets time to implement his style and it’s ok because he has aging defenders. Doesn’t Ole deserve the same time to implement his?

were 9th but it doesn’t always tell the full story, we’ve dropped points in winning positions against Arsenal, Liverpool, Sheffield United, Southampton, Wolves, aside from today’s game we should have won all the others.

we’re not a million miles away, in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.