Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
But but... Ole always smiles and is not grumpy when doing press conference. He always talks about United culture and identity, he plays the youth. He never takes pot shots at the board. He sold 2 dead woods. His team is defensively more solid compared to last season. His team is learning on how to play from the back. He never criticizes his players even when they deserves it. Isn't these top qualities enough to be the manager of Manchester United? And above all he is a club legend, we should respect him no matter what and should give him at least 6 more transfer windows to build his own team and to stamp his own identity.

And now i am a true red :cool::smirk::nono:
Ah if only it's so easy. I would have qualified as a top red myself years ago.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
You mean the manager who broke the old firm dominance in Scotland and won a European Cup with Aberdeen?
Not much difference in the Scottish and Norwegian league, Scottish one is better known because it's in the UK.
Ole won the Norwegian league with a team who never won it before, and the league has been dominated by Rosenborg for like... 30 years now.
But it doesn't count, even though the quality of the league is the same, because you don't know the league. Right?
He also had a good run in Europe with the team, where he beat Ajax, Celtic, Fenerbache, and won their group. Beat Sevilla 1-0 at home lost 3-0 away in the knockout, Sevilla won the tournamet - as usual.

But again, it doesn't count because it's a lesser known league, even though the quality of it is about the same level as the Scottish.

matt10000

Most posters in favor of sacking Ole are not expecting miracles from the current squad. What we're seeing is that we're playing 3 men defense against Partizan, failing to beat Rochdale in 90 minutes, lacking any kind of cohesive link up play etc.

I'm okay with Ole grinding out results till we get better players but we aren't exactly grinding results out either. He has a 39% win record so far. We haven't scored more than a goal in 12 games (out of which a few have been penalties), the defensive victories we grind are never truly deserved either (it isn't like peak Mourinho with Chelsea where 1-0 meant the game was over).

I kind of get giving him time but it's the lack of evidence of a plan / coaching which concerns me. He's making the same mistakes as his predecessors while having some weird fetish for buying and favoring only British players.
I wouldn’t describe it as a weird fetish. It actually makes sense to have a mix but also for the foundation to be based on British based players.

Lifestyle and climate

Soul of club we are based on Salford England even if we are international brand

Less likely to leave for Spain

Understand culture

I think it makes sense

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Not much difference in the Scottish and Norwegian league, Scottish one is better known because it's in the UK.
Ole won the Norwegian league with a team who never won it before, and the league has been dominated by Rosenborg for like... 30 years now.
But it doesn't count, even though the quality of the league is the same, because you don't know the league. Right?
He also had a good run in Europe with the team, where he beat Ajax, Celtic, Fenerbache, and won their group. Beat Sevilla 1-0 at home lost 3-0 away in the knockout, Sevilla won the tournamet - as usual.

But again, it doesn't count because it's a lesser known league, even though the quality of it is about the same level as the Scottish.
It's not the same quality as the Scottish League in the 1980's. Fergie won a European Cup with Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in the final. Ole having a nice run with Molde in the EL doesn't even come close to that.

Grylte

It's not the same quality as the Scottish League in the 1980's. Fergie won a European Cup with Aberdeen beating Real Madrid in the final. Ole having a nice run with Molde in the EL doesn't even come close to that.
People on here makes it sound like it doesn't count for anything at all.
I keep reading he's won nothing, but to me winning the league with a team that never won it before, is pretty decent.

Tel074

I can answer that for you now. Mid table irrelevance is a given, but don't rule out the Championship, if Ole is given enough time to prove for the nth time what a dire manager he is.
I have a bit more faith. I've said many times that Pep wouldn't get a turn out of the squad we have and I'm happy that for once we have got rid of dead wood . Add Young Jones Matic to that next summer and hopefully with the addition of a few in Jan and another 4 or 5 next summer we might be in a different place . If you want to talk about the championship then go back to bed kid

SirAF

Ageist

Come on.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Surely he has to go if we don't win against Norwich. As much as I want him to succeed hes not shown anything at all.

The doubt ib my mind is when we do sign good players could he have them playing good football.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We simply can't Sack him without a replacement now can We? When We sacked Moyes, there was Giggsy to rescue us from the non ManUnited philosophy, Giggsy being a coach with badges, a legend and all that. When We sacked Van Gaal, We wanted the instant Mourinho titles. When We sacked Mourinho, there was Ole to rescue us from the non ManUnited philosophy, Ole being a coach with badges (and trophies), a legend and all that.

If We sack Ole now, there's nothing to rescue us from, no other coach with badges and a legend, nothing.

Which means We'll have to give it to Rooney till the end of season. Simply not feasible.

matt10000

We simply can't Sack him without a replacement now can We? When We sacked Moyes, there was Giggsy to rescue us from the non ManUnited philosophy, Giggsy being a coach with badges, a legend and all that. When We sacked Van Gaal, We wanted the instant Mourinho titles. When We sacked Mourinho, there was Ole to rescue us from the non ManUnited philosophy, Ole being a coach with badges (and trophies), a legend and all that.

If We sack Ole now, there's nothing to rescue us from, no other coach with badges and a legend, nothing.

Which means We'll have to give it to Rooney till the end of season. Simply not feasible.
I think we should give Ole more time but in the event we needed a temp Roy Keane would identify very quickly who has the right attitude

bp19992

Exactly, no point in sacking him now.
What people are also ignoring is that we switched style every time we sacked a manager. Moyes style wasn't really a style, then van Gaal came in with his boring possesion in your own half philisophy. Then Mourinho came in with defensive football and hoofing. Now Solskjaer is in who tries a more offensive approach.
Thing is the players have to adjust to a new style every time we sack a manager, so we can't really take any progress we might have made with the last manager to the next manager. We start at zero. So of course it takes more time than usual.

simplyared

We shouldn't even be having this discussion any longer. Thread's been going on far too long. Time to thank Ole for his services so we can close this thread and all go home.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
People on here makes it sound like it doesn't count for anything at all.
I keep reading he's won nothing, but to me winning the league with a team that never won it before, is pretty decent.
It may be pretty decent, but your original statement is nevertheless way off.

Scottish football was a completely different beast in the early 1980s, the standard was much higher than today. In short, what Fergie achieved with Aberdeen would've been remarkable even if he hadn't won a European trophy to crown it all.

Grylte

It may be pretty decent, but your original statement is nevertheless way off.

Scottish football was a completely different beast in the early 1980s, the standard was much higher than today. In short, what Fergie achieved with Aberdeen would've been remarkable even if he hadn't won a European trophy to crown it all.
I am not talking down what SAF did

SirAF

Ageist
:lol:

Where to start? I love Solskjaer, but you are giving his achivements in Norway too much credit. It was impressive to win the league twice with Molde but the titles coincided with Rosenborg being shit as well as Kjell Inge Røkke investing heavily in Molde. Even if you disagree with these points here, how are two Noggie title wins relevant to managing the biggest club in the world?

I think we, as Norwegians, can hold our hands up and admit that the Noggie league IS shit.

I’m just getting irked by Norwegian United fans who defend OGS just because he’s got the same passport as us. Look at the Norwegian Supporter’s Club - I’m sure you are also a member - the commentary fields are naive at best. Ignorant at worst.

Grylte

:lol:

Where to start? I love Solskjaer, but you are giving his achivements in Norway too much credit. It was impressive to win the league twice with Molde but the titles coincided with Rosenborg being shit as well as Kjell Inge Røkke investing heavily in Molde.

I think we, as Norwegians, can hold our hands up and admit that the Noggie league IS shit.

I’m just getting irked by Norwegian United fans who defend OGS just because he’s got the same passport as us.
I couldn't care less if he was Norwegian or from Burkina Faso.

I don't mean to give it more credit than it deserves, but according to many on here, it doesn't count at all.

Not following any team in Norway myself, except for my local 2nd division team.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He is like 4th manager since SAF retired, and we underperform. Go figure whether it is all about managers
A question for those who think it cant possibly be the managers ‘cos they’ve all failed.... how many of them would you have back?

Liverpool have had 4 different managers under Fenway Sports too... does sacking 3 of them prove how incompetently they’re run?

SirAF

Ageist
I couldn't care less if he was Norwegian or from Burkina Faso.

I don't mean to give it more credit than it deserves, but according to many on here, it doesn't count at all.

Not following any team in Norway myself, except for my local 2nd division team.
That’s fair, but it BARELY counts in my honest opinion - in connection to the United job I mean.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I vote sack but what's the point if we don't burn the whole thing down? Woodward, the scouting team, the coaches, the head of football development, Matt Judge all have to fecking go.
I have hardly posted in the football threads over the past few months because this siy is too painful and frustrating.
I can't remember the last time we played well.

Foxbatt

You must be joking. Are we talking about the current Scottish League or the League that has clubs winning the European Cup and Cup Winners Cup?
The current Scottish League maybe a league with low standard but not the Scottish League of yester years.
Do you also understand that now the stronger countries have 4 clubs in the CL?
In those days you have to win the League to qualify. So the Cup Winners Cup have much stronger teams playing that the current EL.
It's ridiculous to even to think of comparing Saf to Ole.

JohnnyLaw

Hard to think of a manager who is underachieving as much as Ole relative to the squad they have.

We should be somewhere between 6th and 8th with this squad, not 14th. He's massively underachieving.

I’m sorry but that’s such a dumb, obtuse and arbitrary attitude. 4 points is the difference between doing an acceptable job and massively underachieving?

At worst we’re 7 points off top 4 going into the Norwich game tomorrow, that’s the situation. League positions mean absolutely feck all at a point where there’s fecking 7 points separating the top 5 from the teams occupying the relegation places.

Things are bad, I’m not denying that. But the situation is far from unsalvageable. We’ve still got some capital in Martial and Pogba returning to form and fitness, the likelyhood of reinforcements in january, we’re leading our Europa league group whilst having mainly home games left to play the last away game being to our weakest opponent.

I suppose the argument could be made that it’s therefore the perfect opportunity to bring in an Allegri now whilst there’s still all to win of course, but I have faith in Ole and his staff to build a strong and sustainable team. I think we’re on a good path and I’m happy to postpone personal gratification if I believe we’ll be better for it in the future.

dasty

What people are also ignoring is that we switched style every time we sacked a manager. Moyes style wasn't really a style, then van Gaal came in with his boring possesion in your own half philisophy. Then Mourinho came in with defensive football and hoofing. Now Solskjaer is in who tries a more offensive approach.
Thing is the players have to adjust to a new style every time we sack a manager, so we can't really take any progress we might have made with the last manager to the next manager. We start at zero. So of course it takes more time than usual.
By having 1 shot on target per game?

Kemizee

At last some sense . The muppetry on here at times is mind boggling. Sack Ole then do what ? Get another manager who everyone on here will hate within 6 months and then call for another manager . I totally agree with you we have some positives this season the defence as you pointed out being one . Let's see what happens in regards to transfers in January and we should have a better picture of what might lay ahead .

Im not sure if Ole is the right man but I for sure will back him like nearly ever other season ticket holder just to see where this journey takes us . We have cleared out so much shit that's been needed for years that's another positive
Trust me you are heading to NO Destination. That's how shit and futile this journey is

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I’m sorry but that’s such a dumb, obtuse and arbitrary attitude. 4 points is the difference between doing an acceptable job and massively underachieving?

At worst we’re 7 points off top 4 going into the Norwich game tomorrow, that’s the situation. League positions mean absolutely feck all at a point where there’s fecking 7 points separating the top 5 from the teams occupying the relegation places.

Things are bad, I’m not denying that. But the situation is far from unsalvageable. We’ve still got some capital in Martial and Pogba returning to form and fitness, the likelyhood of reinforcements in january, we’re leading our Europa league group whilst having mainly home games left to play the last away game being to our weakest opponent.

I suppose the argument could be made that it’s therefore the perfect opportunity to bring in an Allegri now whilst there’s still all to win of course, but I have faith in Ole and his staff to build a strong and sustainable team. I think we’re on a good path and I’m happy to postpone personal gratification if I believe we’ll be better for it in the future.
Or you could look at it as our worst start to the premier league which is hardly surprising since we're managed by someone who's clearly incompetent.

Mr.Plow

We were in bottom of the table form for months at the end of last season also. Dumb of you to ignore that. You're talking about 4 or 5 months of this kind of form.

Kemizee

Just a simple question for those who would like to see Ole sacked. Who would like to see, especially at this part of the season?
Probably most of you would say - anybody - well that is exactly what you were saying when Mourinho had left.
Not to mention the poll about Ole becoming a permanent manager - over the night half of you changed opinion.
Give the guy a chance, apart from Maguire the board did nothing to back him. He is like 4th manager since SAF retired, and we underperform. Go figure whether it is all about managers
I have and realised he is really heading nowhere. He is a terrible manager. Appaling to say the least. Blanc would be my interim choice. I used to watch PSG under him and he at least knows what basic tactics mean in football.

Kemizee

What does this even mean? He is a fraud of a manager. We can still salvage something from the season(maybe even finished 4th) if we act swiftly. The reason why we have missed out on CL places in recent times is reluctance to act and leave it too late.

Rista

You do know other clubs change managers all the time and we're not the only ones with this problem, right? We don't start at zero, that is not how any of this works.

Speaking of zero, there is precisely that much indication of this "offensive approach" under Ole. It seems we're tyring to press more but only at individual level and not as a team. We look clueless on the pitch and have looked like that for months now. Any other big club would have taken action by now.

Alabaster Codify7

I can give you one good reason/point in sacking him now.

How's about the fact we're sliding towards the relegation zone with no sign of it stopping? Maybe we should think about bringing in a somewhat better manager who can get us winning games so we dont enter the relegation zone? Decent reason, that.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
What would you vote? I voted keep.
I would have voted sack, given that your chances of top 4 don't look great … but then again Spurs have a lot to do to finish top 4 again.

padzilla

Hipster
My major concern isn't results - I was expecting this season to be about restructuring etc. However, the tumescent football we are playing is hugely concerning, it is completely at odds with the attacking football that both Ole and Woodward have said they want the side to play. How a team plays is more important in the long run than results and we are really getting found out right now.

Grylte

You must be joking. Are we talking about the current Scottish League or the League that has clubs winning the European Cup and Cup Winners Cup?
The current Scottish League maybe a league with low standard but not the Scottish League of yester years.
Do you also understand that now the stronger countries have 4 clubs in the CL?
In those days you have to win the League to qualify. So the Cup Winners Cup have much stronger teams playing that the current EL.
It's ridiculous to even to think of comparing Saf to Ole.
Show me where i did.

I have pointed out 3 times now what i meant, what's wrong with you?

midnightmare

Offensive to my sense of aesthetics, I'll grant.
We're barely capable of stringing 4 passes together including DdG's out ball. We're so static and stodgy that that Mourinho acolytes are making a return. We're so lacking in creativity that our "best in the league" defence is all that's keeping us out of the relegation spots. I'm sorry, but that's not what I signed up for.

Last season, Jose shifted to 3 at the back because our defence was leaking and people slammed the move saying that what we really needed was better attacking - and those people were right. Now, with the league's best defence (statistically) and the worst attack (by pretty much every measure), Ole decides to move to 3 at the back? You're right - it's offensive. It should be offensive to everyone that's a United supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.