Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tel074

Still keep...

People say this is the worst we have looked in the post Fergie era, but defensively i think its probably the best and we have not even had a full strength defensive for 99% of the season. And when we lose its not like we are getting battered by teams.

The issue is we dont have a decent midfield to keep the ball, nothing compared to what the previous 3 managers had to choose from. From today's game Partizan were just playing the ball between the lines with minimal effort and the defensive was dealing with it with relative easy for the most part considering how much pressure they were being put under. Go back to the Liverpool game, when the midfield had ran itself into the ground, the avaiable replacements were Mata and Garner :houllier:
Make it through to the January window with Ole, and hopefully recruitments can come in, as what he has done in the market has been good imo, something i can never say about the previous 3 managers

At last some sense . The muppetry on here at times is mind boggling. Sack Ole then do what ? Get another manager who everyone on here will hate within 6 months and then call for another manager . I totally agree with you we have some positives this season the defence as you pointed out being one . Let's see what happens in regards to transfers in January and we should have a better picture of what might lay ahead .

Im not sure if Ole is the right man but I for sure will back him like nearly ever other season ticket holder just to see where this journey takes us . We have cleared out so much shit that's been needed for years that's another positive

Irwin99

There are a lot of parallels with LVG's time that i'm seeing-the rebuild or 'process', the 'philosophy' or new 'culture' that gets referenced every interview, the strange transfer windows, the low scoring games, confidence in youth players- but I think I actually had more faith in LVG's vision of possession based football. I know it was boring but it could have been built on by another manager.

hobbers

Im not sure if Ole is the right man but I for sure will back him like nearly ever other season ticket holder just to see where this journey takes us .
I can answer that for you now. Mid table irrelevance is a given, but don't rule out the Championship, if Ole is given enough time to prove for the nth time what a dire manager he is.

Yakuza_devils

Spurs is on the verge of sacking Poch with his excellent track records just because of half season slum.

We the biggest club on the other hand is still in favour of keeping Ole despite his dismal records and non existence tactics.

We can only blame the incompetent people running the club.

lsd

The Oracle
Spurs is on the verge of sacking Poch with his excellent track records just because of half season slum.

We the biggest club on the other hand is still in favour of keeping Ole despite his dismal records and non existence tactics.

We can only blame the incompetent people running the club.

Spurs are not on the verge of sacking Poch

Yagami

Good post resistant
I cannot believe there's still some actual Manchester United fans backing Ole. He's the worst manager in the league.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Are you a WUM or a moron? He won almost everything apart from the fecking European Cup with them. But he also won the Super Cup beating the then holders of the European Cup, HSV.

As for Sir Matt, it's wrong to say he had no coaching experience. He was the coach for the football team for the Army Physical Corp.

The issue is also not Molde. Ole has nothing to show he is a good coach.

Look at the match with Liverpool. Most people can see by the 75 or 80 min mark all players were all gone. Especially the midfield players. Any sensible coach would have sent on two fresh players into midfield. What did Ole do? Nothing. It's easy to blame Rojo but that cross should never have been allowed to be made. It was made because the players had nothing more to give.
It's the manager's fault for not managing the game. We still had two subs left. He snatched a draw from the jaws of a win.
Simply he is incompetent.
Oh well he was the obvious man for the job then. :lol:

Jibbs

A club run by Russian Mafia Don is better managed than United. They won the Champions League under Di Matteo, but as soon as they realized next season he's is not good enough for the club, fired him instantly! had Ole done something like that at United, he'd have been awarded 6 years 20 m a year contract.

Foxbatt

Oh well he was the obvious man for the job then. :lol:
Didn't you know that during the war this was where the British Army's football team was under? There were many professional players( if you can call them professional) from the British Leagues serving in the military. This is not a bunch of a pub football team.
Guess you have no clue.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Well im no fan of lingard clearly but I think it’s a lack of options that leads to his inclusion not really the managers fault, who we got elsewhere attacking midfield wise?

Can blame previous managers for him I think.

Interviews are more positive than the last 3 pricks.

If a player can’t respect the winning goalscorer of the infamous treble then I don’t want the fecking player.
I don’t know what to say....

Class of 63

Sourness
A club run by Russian Mafia Don is better managed than United. They won the Champions League under Di Matteo, but as soon as they realized next season he's is not good enough for the club, fired him instantly! had Ole done something like that at United, he'd have been awarded 6 years 20 m a year contract.
You've just randomly typed some numbers there, well done.

Class of 63

Sourness
Didn't you know that during the war this was where the British Army's football team was under? There were many professional players( if you can call them professional) from the British Leagues serving in the military. This is not a bunch of a pub football team.
Guess you have no clue.
My Dad was one of the players trained by him, but yeah you're right I don't have a clue.

Eric7C

There are folks here voting after looking at results (or they are opposition fans). The performance against Partizan was part of the same pattern that sees us 14th in the table.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Serious question like, but what are you actually basing that on?
His performances for both us and Cardiff. Not that I personally want any of them bar Poch (ruling out Pep and Klopp), but I believe you could pick any other manager from the PL and they'd do a better job.

passing-wind

The problem with Ole is not so much the bad results / performances they happen for every
very team on given occasions by it's the fact that he's unable to turn around bad results to good ones and bad performances to good ones. That to me signifies emotive issues with a motivational frailty or seriously bad tactical acumen.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We're wasting our time with him but I'm still not changing until an alternative appears.

No manager is going to achieve anything with a horrible squad Ole has shaped this summer, better to wait until window opens.

RUCK4444

I love how every single minor issue within the club from top to bottom is the managers fault.

Imagine a manager in a normal day job being blamed for employees being off sick and the owner of the business wasting the past six years throwing money down the drain hiring donkeys.

Look we results need to improve but he doesn’t have a feckin wand like.

I’m more angry with the owners and Ed.

But please continue to blame Ole for the mess we are in top to bottom

Mr.Plow

Serious question like, but what are you actually basing that on?
Hard to think of a manager who is underachieving as much as Ole relative to the squad they have.

We should be somewhere between 6th and 8th with this squad, not 14th. He's massively underachieving.

BlueHaze

We're wasting our time with him but I'm still not changing until an alternative appears.

No manager is going to achieve anything with a horrible squad Ole has shaped this summer, better to wait until window opens.
I'd take in Blanc right now for the rest of the season and plan ahead for the next permanent one. Transfer windows will change nothing when the main problem lies with management. He's tactically inept and naive made us play the worst stuff I've seen in my lifetime and keeps crying for patience. Moyes, LVG, and even Jose got slaughtered when things went to shit but there are more people still willing to give Ole time simply because of his status at the club.

It's embarrassing. Can't head into a game against fecking anyone right now being confident of a win. 6 wins in the last 25 under him and it's only looking worse as time goes on. If he wants patience he needs to start getting points or he'll be gone soon enough. His fate is in his own hands.

Will Singh

Brendon Rodgers has just beat the saints 9-0, Ole has signed the most expensive defender in the world but we are 14th and Rodgers has taken Leicester to 2nd. Kills me to see that but feck sake our expectations have dropped if we think it's ok to be 14th? He just has to go there's no doubt it will happen so might as well show your love for the club and step aside.

Eric7C

Brendon Rodgers has just beat the saints 9-0, Ole has signed the most expensive defender in the world but we are 14th and Rodgers has taken Leicester to 2nd. Kills me to see that but feck sake our expectations have dropped if we think it's ok to be 14th? He just has to go there's no doubt it will happen so might as well show your love for the club and step aside.
Ole is all talk, Brendan is a good coach.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
"I hope we are going to stop them because it's always going to be difficult down at Carrow Road," said Solskjaer.

This should seal it for Ole. He's playing against Norwich not feckin Real Madrid. Moyes was destroyed because of comments like that

R'hllor

I thought the likes of Haram and similar type would vanish after JM period but it looks like they just toned it down enough for them to pass, waiting for right moment to pop. While in the same time we have different folk of similar type following different shepherd.

msra5kg2

The problem with Ole is not so much the bad results / performances they happen for every
very team on given occasions by it's the fact that he's unable to turn around bad results to good ones and bad performances to good ones. That to me signifies emotive issues with a motivational frailty or seriously bad tactical acumen.
I agree, and I Think it’s His in-game tactics that are inept and naive at times. As an example Knowing we can’t keep a lead, against Liverpool he doesn’t make a defensive substitution at 80 minutes but instead swaps like for like attackers, Rashford and martial. As much as I hate Phil Jones but even that poor SOB could’ve Helped shut up shop.

The other issue we have is even a new manager like Allegri or whoever else is being touted about, still couldn’t make lemonade out of mctominay Fred and Perreira. Worst midfield since I can remember being a united fan. With Pogba likely to leave in the summer, that’s at least 2 summer transfer windows to sort out our midfield to challenge for top 4 let alone PL. maybe another summer to add to our strikers. I don’t think Ole is the right guy longer term but he should be given at least to the end of the season before a decision is made. Unfortunately I have less belief and more blame to shoulder on those above Ole and so I only see them making another ill thought out, desperate short term decision to try save face, at any point this season.

roonaldo78

"I hope we are going to stop them because it's always going to be difficult down at Carrow Road," said Solskjaer.

This should seal it for Ole. He's playing against Norwich not feckin Real Madrid. Moyes was destroyed because of comments like that
He is right though, with the squad that he has assembled, that is our level.

Tony247

Try sacking the first team coaching staff first and bring some new ideas before deciding on Ole.

Chicharo

Just a simple question for those who would like to see Ole sacked. Who would like to see, especially at this part of the season?
Probably most of you would say - anybody - well that is exactly what you were saying when Mourinho had left.
Not to mention the poll about Ole becoming a permanent manager - over the night half of you changed opinion.
Give the guy a chance, apart from Maguire the board did nothing to back him. He is like 4th manager since SAF retired, and we underperform. Go figure whether it is all about managers

reddevil80

how long would other teams endure this type of management? One part of me believes he has a design for the future and is building it. Another part says he hasn't got a managerial clue and is ruining the club. Unfortunately, our performances on the field are making me edge more towards his inability to manage such a big club. His stat's are woeful as a manager and just recently, our performances are replicating that. I would love to see some good performances, regardless of the result ( obviously would prefer we win, and win well ) but the team need to show some passion and actually getting some bloody shots off. That will go a long way to him getting the fans back on his side. If he managed LCFC, I dare say they would have stopped at 1-0 and sat for a while before attempting to go for a 2nd, or 3rd or all the rest!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
How does the vote currently stand? I can't see without voting and obviously it's meant to be just a vote for United fans.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Try sacking the first team coaching staff first and bring some new ideas before deciding on Ole.
The manager agrees with the first team coaches else he would have sacked them

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU

But but... Ole always smiles and is not grumpy when doing press conference. He always talks about United culture and identity, he plays the youth. He never takes pot shots at the board. He sold 2 dead woods. His team is defensively more solid compared to last season. His team is learning on how to play from the back. He never criticizes his players even when they deserves it. Isn't these top qualities enough to be the manager of Manchester United? And above all he is a club legend, we should respect him no matter what and should give him at least 6 more transfer windows to build his own team and to stamp his own identity.

And now i am a true red :cool::smirk::nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.