Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahed

How many world class players do we need to beat Bournemouth? How many will we need to beat Brighton next week?

Yakuza_devils

And yet almost 1bn has been spent since SAF retired and the 3 he's has brought in have been and will be as good as all the previous signing if they maintain the same level. Herrera, Zlatan and probably Martial are probably the only good signings over the last 6 years..
Again, top manager is not only judge by his signings but his style of play and results. BTW, spending 80 mil on Macguire and you credit it to Ole? Also, 50 mil on a young RB? With these price for defenders you can get many top defender. Also, in case you didn't know, our defence is still shit. So are they good signings for the style of play?

passing-wind

This is Oles problem the lack of consistency. Same aspects he displayed at Cardiff exactly the same under us.

SAFMUTD

So this is again the bizzare theory that we have employed the tried and tested manager with excellent CV in Jose and LVG. Now is the time to stick with inexperienced manager and give him more time and money to ultimately get it right?

Ole football is shit and worse than LVG and Moyes. I don't see any style of play or long term plan for the club.

All top manager make the average team play good football with whatever resources available to them.
I agree mate, the same logic “we have tried with consolidated managers like LVG and Mourinho and didn’t worked we need to give time and time and time to a inexperienced one”

Firstly Ole is not inexperienced he’s been around for 10 years, the fact so many people call him inexperienced after si much time managing speaks for itself.

And regarding the argument I guess we shouldn’t buy any new players either, since we tried that in the last years and didn’t worked out.

starman

So you take more importance in how the 3 players that he brought are performing than how the complete team actually plays?

I mean Maguire and AWB are not exactly unearthed gems, they where 80 and 50 million each.

He should be getting way better results with the squad we have, the players are struggling and some (many) are not good enough for the aspirations we have but its clear as day that Ole isn’t helping, we create zero chances per game.

When I hear Ole’s quotes like “Martial is so good that in training all the players know all they have to do to get goals is get the ball to Antony” I know he is praising the player but damn that sure looks like an actual fact, I can easily imagine him just doing that in training.

We have no clear style, and you don’t need worldclass players to show the style, you may need it to perform it at it best but arguing that we don’t have a style just because we don’t have good enough players is just bullshit.
But you and many on here are under the illusion that if he is sacked it will improve just like that, theres no evidence of that, just hope.
My basis is he has got rid of some of the deadwood and have brought in players I can see improving and being first team players in years to come. You could state the money paid, but Jose and LVG are evidence that you can still accumulate crap players even if you are spending big money

Yakuza_devils

Just a silly loss. We are on the right track. Lei him take us a bit further. Too early for another change.
We had too many silly losses. Its clear he is not the right manager to bring us forward. He doesn't has the experience and ability to lead us forward.

MonkeysMagic

Its laughable to think that fans you want to keep Ole are just hoping for blind faith that eventually after losing more games then winning and spending some money the team will magically transform itself into a winning machin!

None of our previous 3 incumbents would have improved the side had they still been in charge or had been sacked halfway through their tenure. Only in football, and more significantly at Utd, can utter incompetence be rewarded with time in the hope that pigs might fly!

SAFMUTD

But you and many on here are under the illusion that if he is sacked it will improve just like that, theres no evidence of that, just hope.
My basis is he has got rid of some of the deadwood and have brought in players I can see improving and being first team players in years to come. You could state the money paid, but Jose and LVG are evidence that you can still accumulate crap players even if you are spending big money
Mate its not hope, its well known that the right manager gets good results and I prefer to gamble on the next manager than wasting more time expecting some kind of miracle that magically turns Ole into a competent manager.

Its clear most of LVG and Mou signings were terrible, but that doesn’t give anymore credit to Ole.

If he targets Kane, Maddison and Chilwell he’s no genious, literally any one in this forum could do that.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I feel like everyone flips based on the last result.

Basically, it's clear he's not a Man United manager. He is not even a Premier League manager. He isn't going to take us forward, so he's got to go.

The table never lies, and we are 11th in the table a third of the way into the season. The table is beginning to take shape, and we are nowhere near even the top 4, which is the minimum that should be expected if a Manchester United manager.

Some of you are blinded by nostalgia, some by loyalty, some have just lowered their standards.
Normally yes, but i feel this squad is top 6-7 at best, especially without Pogba. Mind you, we should be doing much better than we are right now, but if this squad manages top 4 they would have over preformed imo

Fred, Pereira, Matic, Mata, Lindgaard, Rojo, Young are midtable quality at best, most of them not even PL quality. Even if he got sacked tomorrow any new manager would need 2-3 windows to sort this mess out

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Normally yes, but i feel this squad is top 6-7 at best, especially without Pogba. Mind you, we should be doing much better than we are right now, but if this squad manages top 4 they would have over preformed imo

Fred, Pereira, Matic, Mata, Lindgaard, Rojo, Young are midtable quality at best, most of them not even PL quality. Even if he got sacked tomorrow any new manager would need 2-3 windows to sort this mess out
Have you seen the state of Arsenal and Tottenham this year? Chelsea aren't exactly great either. Leicester fecking City are going to cruise to a top 4 finish, and we took their best fecking player. Mourinho would have had us 3rd this season.

Selling Lukaku was Ole's decision, not replacing Herrera was Ole's decision, letting Smalling and Alexis go on loan was Ole's decision. He has made his own bed.

If Mourinho or LVG were in charge and the results on the pitch were exactly the same, everyone would be hounding him out. Too much romanticism at this club. Yes, he stuck his foot out 20 years ago and won us the CL, but he's not a PL manager and we are going precisely nowhere under him.

Some of our fans are such hypocrites I swear. The amount of shit Jose was taking for doing better than Ole.

Ole is doing worse than Moyes, quite a lot worse. Let's just stick with him though because feck it United way blood and passion and youngsters and desire etc...

Last edited:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
When we lose against several inferior teams without having any visible solutions then it’s on the manager. What else?

It’s the same pattern over and again. Our 4241 formation doesn’t work against deep lying defensive teams. No plan B. His side line coaching has no effects. Players who’re nervous. We look unorganized in our build ups. Mental concentration lapses. Players look clueless. Managing team look clueless.

The last couple of days I had hopes, big hopes, but no I realize that I just was fooling myself by being positive and stepping in to the party line. He has to go. Sadly. He don’t have what it takes and we as a club can’t afford him to take us further down the table. Time to accept and more on.

starman

Again, top manager is not only judge by his signings but his style of play and results. BTW, spending 80 mil on Macguire and you credit it to Ole? Also, 50 mil on a young RB? With these price for defenders you can get many top defender. Also, in case you didn't know, our defence is still shit. So are they good signings for the style of play?
Look at how many CBs and FBs City have bought and then replaced before getting it right.
You keep going on about style of play. Were you happy under the previous denser filled CV managers? The style is no worse then those, but the personal in some areas are.
If you think sacking him is going to magically solve the issue, go ahead, keep beating that drum. I will stick to the conviction of getting through to January so he can strengthen the glaring weaknesses

Yakuza_devils

So now Ole's supporters are saying that his 3 signings have been good and he should be given more time regardless of how we play even though we are the biggest joke in football now.

BTW, Macguire is wanted by Jose and for 60 mil. Also, Ole had a very bad transfer window by clearing many players without a proper replacement.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Look at how many CBs and FBs City have bought and then replaced before getting it right.
You keep going on about style of play. Were you happy under the previous denser filled CV managers? The style is no worse then those, but the personal in some areas are.
If you think sacking him is going to magically solve the issue, go ahead, keep beating that drum. I will stick to the conviction of getting through to January so he can strengthen the glaring weaknesses
Have we ever even bought a successful January purchase (Evra and Vidic I guess but they were rubbish until the following season)? Have January purchases ever turned a team's fortunes around in the PL for that season?

Seriously, relying on the January window, a window known for overrpriced panic buys and flops, to turn around our fortunes, is quite frankly, daft.

How about we don't waste money giving it to a manager who clearly isn't good enough for the job and instead give it to whomever we get in next?

Yakuza_devils

Moyes, LVG and Jose were the wrong managers. It was obvious they play negative football and many fans wanted them out.

Ole promised attacking football, man utd DNA, man utd way and whatnot. But his football is actually worse than the previous 3 managers. Result wise he is also the worst.

You said he got the defence right with Macguire and AWB? But we are still shit.

I didn't say if we sack him our problem will be magically disappear. Can we be sensible and get a manager with the right credentials to build the squad so that we have bigger chance for success? Someone like Klopp to Liverpool?

manunited1919

Adidas: We want to renew the contract for another 5 years, but at 1/10 th the price of the current contract.
Ed: Are you crazy, why would we accept that?
Adidas: Because you have gone from a Champions League powerhouse to relegation battlers. Your fan base will be decimated.
Ed: No, we still have over a billion fans worldwide.
Adidas: Only 1/10 th of those fans will be loyal enough to watch you in the Championship. You are squandering a great legacy, and you are hitting lower lows all the time.

So yeah, let’s keep going with Ole. Sooner or latter the above scenario will play out.

starman

Have we ever even bought a successful January purchase (Evra and Vidic I guess but they were rubbish until the following season)? Have January purchases ever turned a team's fortunes around in the PL for that season?

Seriously, relying on the January window, a window known for overrpriced panic buys and flops, to turn around our fortunes, is quite frankly, daft.

How about we don't waste money giving it to a manager who clearly isn't good enough for the job and instead give it to whomever we get in next?
Saha?
A decent midfieder would be a massive improvement.
What is good enough? where do you think United should be right now after having their 2 best players out for 90% of the season so far? And the woeful midfield we have? Imo, we are probably 4 or 5 points worse off then we should be, and when you take into account the penalty misses, individual errors we are not actually that far off reality of what this sqaud of is capable of at the moment

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Right or wrongly, he'll get until around the end of the season to turn things around, I reckon.

Mourinho, van Gaal, and even Moyes saw their tenures prolonged for no real reason. An actual cult legend like Ole who has some genuine level of affiliation with the club prior will definitely not be binned early.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Saha?
What is good enough? where do you think United should be right now after having their 2 best players out for 90% of the season so far? And the woeful midfield we have?
See that's just not true so don't make stuff up. Martial has played 6 games and Pogba has played 5, and we were just as shite when both of them started! it's not like we got poor after they got injured, because we've been crap all fecking season.

We should at a minimum be challenging for top four. Teams like Arsenal and Leicester don't have better squads than us, and our squad is much better than 13 points out of 33, regardless of its issues.

Godfather

Right or wrongly, he'll get until around the end of the season to turn things around, I reckon.

Mourinho, van Gaal, and even Moyes saw their tenures prolonged for no real reason. An actual cult legend like Ole who has some genuine level of affiliation with the club prior will definitely not be binned early.
Mourinho won is the Europa League. Van Van Gaal the FA Cup.

Ole is not going to win us anything. Just like Moyes. Who went in his first season. Ole must as well.

fergosaurus

Saha?
What is good enough? where do you think United should be right now after having their 2 best players out for 90% of the season so far? And the woeful midfield we have? Imo, we are probably 4 or 5 points worse off then we should be, and when you take into account the penalty misses, individual errors we are not actually that far off reality of what this sqaud of is capable of at the moment
Injuries are no excuse. We are below Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Brighton and Palace. The problem is we are being coached by someone massively out of his depth.

starman

Moyes, LVG and Jose were the wrong managers. It was obvious they play negative football and many fans wanted them out.

Ole promised attacking football, man utd DNA, man utd way and whatnot. But his football is actually worse than the previous 3 managers. Result wise he is also the worst.

You said he got the defence right with Macguire and AWB? But we are still shit.

I didn't say if we sack him our problem will be magically disappear. Can we be sensible and get a manager with the right credentials to build the squad so that we have bigger chance for success? Someone like Klopp to Liverpool?
I didn't say hes got the defence right, that's you putting words in my mouth, I said the signings have been good, i am sure he would rather not be playing Young and am not sure he is entirely convinced with Lindelof given that he has been dropped a couple of times, but the alternatives are Rojo, Jones and Tuanzebe who is injuried

M Bison

Supports
York City
I maintain its going to be a season of up's and down's and there'll be a lot more disappointing and frustrating results to come but I still dont believe removing Ole is the answer, especially not at this point of the season.

Yakuza_devils

I didn't say hes got the defence right, that's you putting words in my mouth, I said the signings have been good, i am sure he would rather not be playing Young and am not sure he is entirely convinced with Lindelof given that he has been dropped a couple of times, but the alternatives are Rojo, Jones and Tuanzebe who is injuried
Signing of defenders have been good but we are still leaking goals. OK.

BTW, Macguire is wanted by Jose.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Have you seen the state of Arsenal and Tottenham this year? Chelsea aren't exactly great either. Leicester fecking City are going to cruise to a top 4 finish, and we took their best fecking player. Mourinho would have had us 3rd this season.

Selling Lukaku was Ole's decision, not replacing Herrera was Ole's decision, letting Smalling and Alexis go on loan was Ole's decision. He has made his own bed.

If Mourinho or LVG were in charge and the results on the pitch were exactly the same, everyone would be hounding him out. Too much romanticism at this club. Yes, he stuck his foot out 20 years ago and won us the CL, but he's not a PL manager and we are going precisely nowhere under him.

Some of our fans are such hypocrites I swear. The amount of shit Jose was taking for doing better than Ole.

Ole is doing worse than Moyes, quite a lot worse. Let's just stick with him though because feck it United way blood and passion and youngsters and desire etc...
Not one single person is suggesting this, stop being so hysterical.

So if it was your call you'd sack Ole tomorrow, right? What happens then?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Knowing our look it’ll be Hicks and Gillette or Kroenke

We are absolutely cursed
I very much doubt it. The Glazers are asking for a ridiculous amount of money for basically a brand name. Sure the brand name is worth gold but there's little to sustain that brand name. The squad is shit and because of it we're not seriously competing for anything really and look set to be like that for many years to come. Meanwhile our sponsors are getting itchy (no one loves paying ridiculous money to be associated to a serial loser), other clubs are building their own brand name as well and they got the likes of Ronaldo and Lewandowski to offer not Jesse Lingard and Harry Maguire.

The Glazers have a hot potato in their hands. United are their priced asset but they probably know that the gravy train ride is ending. This squad needs huge investment, they probably can't afford that and even if they did, they had seen enough money being thrown to the shitters not to want to go there. Once sponsors start fleeing (they are rumours that Chevy are on the way out) then the brand name will take the hit, the club's value will go down and they will be worse off. Unless Woodward can come out with ways of shitting gold then they need to sell now to make maximum profit

The stadium's roof is leaking while we've seen a decline on transfers for the past 2 years. That peaked last summer when United started the season with no midfield, no RW and no adequate cover for the forward line. Meanwhile key positions like the manager role were given to some random guy on a short term contract whom anyone can get rid off quite easily while the DOF role wasn't filled. The same strategy was used on the backroom staff being brought (most came from small clubs, some of which in Australia, surely they aren't being paid great money for their services). Its evident that the Glazers don't want to spend money which is in line to what owners do when they plan selling their property. They don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on renovating the place only for the buyer to refuse factoring all that in the price.

Anyway from the seller's side, whoever buys United will need to spend around 4B to buy the club. He will then then have to find 500m to strengthen the team, most of which need to be spent quickly not to keep losing our current competitive advantage . Even then, there's absolutely no guarantee it will succeed as there's no football structure to sustain it. We're talking about Amazon's acquisition level of expenditure here and honestly we don't produce enough profit to justify all that. There's no shrewd business man who'll take us over at those obscene prices unless......we're bought for non business purposes.

oreon

I maintain its going to be a season of up's and down's and there'll be a lot more disappointing and frustrating results to come but I still dont believe removing Ole is the answer, especially not at this point of the season.
This is exactly the point to remove him as the manager. If you bring a manager in now with a DOF, it will give them enough time to plan for the January transfer window. One or two of the right reinforcements with the right manager might be enough for this squad to sneak in the 4th spot or win the Europa league. If Ole is going to be sacked this season has to be a couple of weeks before January otherwise might as well wait till the end of the season.
The question remains whether the club thinks Ole is good enough. There's no way to sugarcoat this squad is bad but as bad as it is they are still underperforming. But maybe Ole can turn it around but there's no evidence, based on his resume that he can. It's a gamble on blind faith continuing to back Ole. The Ole backers always turn to Jurgen Klopp and SAF as example when preaching patience but both were far more accomplished, so there were reasons to be optimistic. Ole failed had Cardiff and has limited experience in a lower league with his former team doing fine without him. If Ole got sacked noone can claim its unfair. I think if an experience manager who fits the club becomes available, I'd sack Ole and move on. There's a risk of giving Ole two more years to sort it out, and in 2 years we are still going nowhere. Mourinho, LVG, Moyes weren't given the same leeway, Ole should be held to same standard

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Arsenal and Tottenham have been shite yes, but that does not mean their squads are worse than ours. Tottenham epsecially are comfortably better than us in every area of the pitch except maybe defense. Dont know why you shit on Leichester either, they did in fact win the league not too long ago

We replaced Lukaku with James (sort of). I do agree though that going into the season with this midfield was incredibly naive by Ole. Not that having Pogba injured so long has helped, but he should have seen the others are nowhere near good enough. New CM in January is a must

And i am not happy with the situation. No one is, but i still think sacking Ole now would solve absolutely nothing. First of all, any new manager would still have to contend with the same poor squad and second, after 3(4?) failed appointments in a row the next manager absolutely has to be the right one. More knee jerk reactions will do us no good

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cant believe we haven't sacked him yet. 1 point above Newcastle who has been pants and Brucey who only handles relegation teams.
If Ole has any love for the club, he should just understand that job is too big and resign . Still got time to turn this around.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he wasn’t one of our legends he’d have been kicked out weeks ago.

Yakuza_devils

To think that majority of Spurs fans wanted Poch to be sacked and we wanted Ole to continue. Football bloddy hell!

AneRu

I very much doubt it. The Glazers are asking for a ridiculous amount of money for basically a brand name. Sure the brand name is worth gold but there's little to sustain that brand name. The squad is shit and because of it we're not seriously competing for anything really and look set to be like that for many years to come. Meanwhile our sponsors are getting itchy (no one loves paying ridiculous money to be associated to a serial loser), other clubs are building their own brand name as well and they got the likes of Ronaldo and Lewandowski to offer not Jesse Lingard and Harry Maguire.

The Glazers have a hot potato in their hands. United are their priced asset but they probably know that the gravy train ride is ending. This squad needs huge investment, they probably can't afford that and even if they did, they had seen enough money being thrown to the shitters not to want to go there. Once sponsors start fleeing (they are rumours that Chevy are on the way out) then the brand name will take the hit, the club's value will go down and they will be worse off. Unless Woodward can come out with ways of shitting gold then they need to sell now to make maximum profit

The stadium's roof is leaking while we've seen a decline on transfers for the past 2 years. That peaked last summer when United started the season with no midfield, no RW and no adequate cover for the forward line. Meanwhile key positions like the manager role were given to some random guy on a short term contract whom anyone can get rid off quite easily while the DOF role wasn't filled. The same strategy was used on the backroom staff being brought (most came from small clubs, some of which in Australia, surely they aren't being paid great money for their services). Its evident that the Glazers don't want to spend money which is in line to what owners do when they plan selling their property. They don't want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on renovating the place only for the buyer to refuse factoring all that in the price.

Anyway from the seller's side, whoever buys United will need to spend around 4B to buy the club. He will then then have to find 500m to strengthen the team, most of which need to be spent quickly not to keep losing our current competitive advantage . Even then, there's absolutely no guarantee it will succeed as there's no football structure to sustain it. We're talking about Amazon's acquisition level of expenditure here and honestly we don't produce enough profit to justify all that. There's no shrewd business man who'll take us over at those obscene prices unless......we're bought for non business purposes.
My thoughts exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Glazers are the ones pitching the idea of a takeover to the Saudis. Woodward has created a mighty mess and United's position in the media means that there is nowhere to hide where you can say we are building for the long term and people will just accept it.

This club needs someone with £4bn to buy it and another £1b to invest in facilities and the squad. No way another speculator looking for a profitable avenue sees this as an attractive venture.

M Bison

Supports
York City
This is exactly the point to remove him as the manager. If you bring a manager in now with a DOF, it will give them enough time to plan for the January transfer window. One or two of the right reinforcements with the right manager might be enough for this squad to sneak in the 4th spot or win the Europa league. If Ole is going to be sacked this season has to be a couple of weeks before January otherwise might as well wait till the end of the season.
The question remains whether the club thinks Ole is good enough. There's no way to sugarcoat this squad is bad but as bad as it is they are still underperforming. But maybe Ole can turn it around but there's no evidence, based on his resume that he can. It's a gamble on blind faith continuing to back Ole. The Ole backers always turn to Jurgen Klopp and SAF as example when preaching patience but both were far more accomplished, so there were reasons to be optimistic. Ole failed had Cardiff and has limited experience in a lower league with his former team doing fine without him. If Ole got sacked noone can claim its unfair. I think if an experience manager who fits the club becomes available, I'd sack Ole and move on. There's a risk of giving Ole two more years to sort it out, and in 2 years we are still going nowhere. Mourinho, LVG, Moyes weren't given the same leeway, Ole should be held to same standard
I really dont think its as simple as you're making out though. We cant just "sack him and bring someone else in".

- Who do we bring in?
- Who would want to come to us at this point?
- If we sack Ole now, how does that look to another manager joining - could it be him after another 11 games if (or when) the fans turn on him?

I'm not saying Ole is the messiah, far from it, but the decision to sack a manager, especially in our current state and based on our recent history with managers, is massive and far bigger than what people realise.

That said, I do agree Ole is underperforming. I think we're a top 8 side at the moment but the problem is we're not even there at the moment.

AneRu

If he wasn’t one of our legends he’d have been kicked out weeks ago.
The fans can be allowed to be sentimental but the club's management can not be. This is already a few weeks too late and soon we are going to waste the chance of salvaging the season by persisting on this doomed path.

ariveded

Ole is the luckiest Man Utd manager ever. He got the job without any pressure and expectation. His transfer business wasn't scrutinized. And even today, he is facing little expectations. Moyes, LVG, Mourinho all can be angry, as they got sacked because they couldn't live up to the expectations. But here, Ole has no expectations, thus will he ever be sacked?

This manager has had the worst transfer business, worst start to season. Yet, he survives because it is acceptable given there is no expectations...

Godfather

Just a silly loss. We are on the right track. Lei him take us a bit further. Too early for another change.
:lol:

Yeah let him take us to relegation first! I mean it's so clear he is on the right track. Here are the reasons why:
1. Our football is breathtaking for the players he has.
2. No way our team could win against the likes of Bournemouth who have much better players.
3. We are just unlucky.
4. What he has done to our squad is great. He is throwing in youngsters who are obviously ready and will be worldclass in the future.
5. The reason why we have a paper thin squad up front is not up to him. He obviously wanted a striker in the summer but didn't get one.
6. He is great in presses. He is always so happy and that also shows how our players perform on the pitch.
7. We had managers with a great CV and failed. So it is just natural to give Ole a lot of time. Because his CV is shit.

So yeah! Keep Ole! What a guy.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
I will always remember Ole as a club legend, remember he is also the guy who scored the winner against Bayern to secure that treble in 1999. He loves United and will always do his best for the club. But, I believe he is seriously out of his depth in his current role.

Lee565

Aren't we like 7 points worse off than last season when the big bad Mourinho was in charge, it's crazy to think that a toxic dressing room under mourinho is far better than the peaceful dressing room under the happy and jolly Solskjear.

Solskjear has made poor decisions with player personnel and it now shows on the pitch, before he took I felt we had a potential top 4 side when the competition for a champions league place was stronger but now two windows on we look like a top 6-8 side with many fans saying it's not even a top 10 side when making excuses up for why Solskjear cant get a win over the likes of crystal palace, Southampton, Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.