Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'lmurderyah15

The small team mentality of judging the season by beating or taking points from teams that are higher up. Like when Spurs were crap they’d cream themselves cos they beat Arsenal who won the league, or when Liverpool were finishing 8-12 their highlight would be beating or not drawing to United. Do you really think Liverpool will care about drawing to United, or that Lampard cares that he lost twice to United this season?

If you watched the Leicester game, they were the superior team.
And how many points did Leicester pick up for being the superior team? The performances against the big teams shows me that we're on the right track. Ya we're having a tough time beating the low block but we've no creative midfielders and that's not going to change until a transfer window, regardless of who is in charge. There are plenty of negatives so far but a lot that I think are out of Ole's control. I can't see what changing the manager is going to do.

Godfather

Am I missing something, since when has Ole ever been compared to Klopp? Why is it being spoken about like its a thing? Is it a thing?
There were quite a few posters that thought it was clever to point out that Ole has had a similar start to his managerial carreer here as Klopp had a Pool. Probably in a desperate attempt to make anyone believe he would turn out the same.

fergosaurus

It's tight between the 3 teams you initially mentioned that are above us. Getting 4th was probably the best we could have hoped for at the start of the season, so being just outside there come December is not the doom and gloom people are portraying. I believe we will get at least 6 points from the Brighton, Villa & Sheffield United games.
That's my point though, it shouldn't be. We have a much better squad and should be above them by a clear distance but we're scrapping away with the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth and Sheffield United.

This is unacceptable no matter how you spin it. We're closer to the relegation zone than we are to top four.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
And how many points did Leicester pick up for being the superior team? The performances against the big teams shows me that we're on the right track. Ya we're having a tough time beating the low block but we've no creative midfielders and that's not going to change until a transfer window, regardless of who is in charge. There are plenty of negatives so far but a lot that I think are out of Ole's control. I can't see what changing the manager is going to do.
Well being the superior team due to having superior manager didn’t get them the 3 points on that day, but currently they are in a better position in the league then we are. So as you see over the season it’s more beneficial.

Just like to add. Leicester sold their best CB for £80m and didn’t sign a replacement for him. Think about that, Rodgers replaced an £80m international CB with a player who was already at the club and only made 6 starts last season.

Fastnet Red

Ole is out of his depth,his heart is red but the brain isn't there.....sorry Ole you will always be a legend just not as a manager.

starman

That's my point though, it shouldn't be. We have a much better squad and should be above them by a clear distance but we're scrapping away with the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth and Sheffield United.

This is unacceptable no matter how you spin it. We're closer to the relegation zone than we are to top four.
Yeah, hence my example of LVG and the league table after 11 games, and he had a much better squad of players. If the table looks like that into the January window then it becomes a concern.

Zaboot

The people on the keep side must be of the believe when ole gets better players there is going to be improvement because he has already shown it's not going to be his work on the training ground.

I believe if ole was given 5 quality players next summer he would still struggle to get into the top four. There isn't another premier league club that would want him as their manager. His only chance should have been caretaker manager for us and it shouldn't have went any further than that.

fergosaurus

Yeah, hence my example of LVG and the league table after 11 games, and he had a much better squad of players. If the table looks like that into the January window then it becomes a concern.
Not sure why you keep bringing up LVG who was ultimately a failure here. This form has been going on for about 20 games, it's not a recent thing. We can wait until January and I hope despite all logic you are right and we're in a much better position.

JoaquinJoaquin

Still on keep. Another dreadful performance. I don't believe we will solve anything by changing the manager now unless someone got a world-beater in the making ready to step up.
How can you even want to keep him at this point? Completely laughable how stupid some of our fans are.

Tel074

I'm still Ole in but why the hell did he change the formation today after 3-5-2 worked so well I will never know .

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Always annoys me when someone will spend 30 mins or so (at a guess) cutting out managers from pictures, creating a background and other editing, but can't take a couple of seconds (literally) to google how to spell 'Jurgen' correctly, even if it's without the umlaut.

Kemizee

I'll stick with the keep Ole vote I made originally and here's why. I do see a different style of play from us this year and I can imagine it evolving and improving as the team gets some experience and Ole gets more players in that he and the crew want for this style. Yes, it's been topsy-turvy so far this season, and we have looked plain awful at some times, lightweight in attack, still a bit fragile under pressure, but this is a process and team-building is not an instant matter. When we do play a more successful, attacking game, you can see the differences between this side and Jose's. Not forgiving any of the mess the board has made post-Fergie but the determination was made last season to go back to youth, a United way.. etc call it what you will, but it was a plan, which I don't remember us articulating under Jose (he was just supposed to turn us into serial winners, right?). Either we have a plan and stick to it or we chop and change at every problem patch. If we imagine the play can be fixed by a quick managerial change then perhaps we have not really learned much from recent history.

I suspect Ole's baby-faced manner is not helping, people would be more impressed if he was strident and bullish, exuding attitude more than being thoughtful and generally positive in the media, but he's the man in the job now. We never expected a miracle, but I think he's moving us slowly, perhaps too slowly, in the right direction. I see no real point in changing the plan and management again in this season. Better to see who we can buy in the next transfer window and review progress at end of season. I know that the hours after a sloppy defeat is not the time for calm but decisions affecting the club's long-term future should not be taken in anger. So yes, keep Ole for me.
Dear Lord! What has Solskjaer given some of our fans to drink? The man cud well push us towards the brink of relegation and be so terrible and yet you are seeing slow steps in the right direction? Absolutely baffling!

Eddy_JukeZ

He would have been sacked at any other top club(if they were foolish enough to give him the job).

I don't know how some could still want him to continue.

Top 4 is already likely out of reach.

JoaquinJoaquin

Dear Lord! What has Solskjaer given some of our fans to drink? The man cud well push us towards the brink of relegation and be so terrible and yet you are seeing slow steps in the right direction? Absolutely baffling!
Just delusion from some of our fans. Embarrassing.

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
So many knee-jerkers. Lose or draw one game and it's the end of the world again. SAF would have been sacked in his 3rd year or earlier if the internet had been around back then.

JoaquinJoaquin

So many knee-jerkers. Lose or draw one game and it's the end of the world again. SAF would have been sacked in his 3rd year or earlier if the internet had been around back then.
Times are different now. Using something from 30 years ago as a comparison isn't just ridiculous it's beyond stupid.

starman

Not sure why you keep bringing up LVG who was ultimately a failure here. This form has been going on for about 20 games, it's not a recent thing. We can wait until January and I hope despite all logic you are right and we're in a much better position.
Because he had a better team, got off to a poor start and eventually managed 4th.
The stuff you are bring up from last season was from another managers players. I don't see how you can judge a manager properly unless they have had sufficient time to dispose of players they do not want and have brought in their own.
I am not convinced Ole is the long term option, but I do believe he is the most important manager since Fergie in terms of reshaping the sqaud and leaving it in a better shape than what he inherited.

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
Times are different now. Using something from 30 years ago as a comparison isn't just ridiculous it's beyond stupid.
Not really. That's just your bs response to justify your position of 'the grass is always greener'

El Zoido

I voted sack a while ago, never wanted him in the first place and always said we should have waited until the end of the season. Our issues go way beyond him though, I’m not sure sacking him now would accomplish much unless we have a appropriate replacement lined up. Also our issues go way deeper than him.

Kemizee

Based off the players hes has brought in and got rid of. Something I can't say about the previous 3 managers. He had Herrera at the start, as well,as Pogba.
And before you say it, he didn't want Herrera to leave and also Pogba has been virtually non existent this season. It doesnt take a genius to know we need bring in midfielders. The midfield is the major weakness in the team, hence why give him the January window and see what happens.
No sir. The manager is our biggest weakness. This squad is way better than the coaching system. Are you saying that our midfield is worse than those of the teams we have been garbage against? I am not buying that

Apokalips

The fact we had Fergie for so long has blinded fans to the realities of football management.

Clubs routinely sack poor managers and find a better alternative. Why persist with what you know is garbage just because you're scared that your next find will be garbage too? By that logic no one would ever succeed at anything.

If you stopped trying to walk every time you fell over as a baby where would you be? The Ole in guys defy logic and past examples. If Ole did manage to magically turn it around he'd still be a huge anomaly. Sadly he's shown his level and we need to cut our losses.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It’s not like it’s super early, it’s almost a third of season and we haven’t had a particularly tough set of fixtures (haven’t played Spurs or City yet, played Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool at home) yet we are on track for 45 points for the season. What’s crazy is that even if we won all our remaining games, it would likely still not be enough to get us into title race. :lol:

led_scholes

Did SAF have the 4th most expensive squad in the world too??

starman

There were many people wanting Fergie to retire whenever the subject came up. I remember in 2002 there were fans hoping he would go through with his retirement so we could get LVG and bring in Kluivert

fergosaurus

Because he had a better team, got off to a poor start and eventually managed 4th.
The stuff you are bring up from last season was from another managers players. I don't see how you can judge a manager properly unless they have had sufficient time to dispose of players they do not want and have brought in their own.
I am not convinced Ole is the long term option, but I do believe he is the most important manager since Fergie in terms of reshaping the sqaud and leaving it in a better shape than what he inherited.
The results this season are no better and the football is still shite despite Ole having brought in his own players. Maybe it will all just click and we'll start looking like a well coached team and move up the table under a manager with no proven ability to manage at this level. Hope is a wonderful thing.

el3mel

Yep it's today's game only that's is the problem. Give him 5 years and he will turn to the new Fergie.

Kemizee

I maintain its going to be a season of up's and down's and there'll be a lot more disappointing and frustrating results to come but I still dont believe removing Ole is the answer, especially not at this point of the season.
What would have to happen for you to approve the club removing him in your opinion?

starman

No sir. The manager is our biggest weakness. This squad is way better than the coaching system. Are you saying that our midfield is worse than those of the teams we have been garbage against? I am not buying that
I don't understand why people say this when you have things happening like Leicester managing to win the league with Drinkwater & Albrighton in midfield

Giggsyking

I want to assume the bulk of that 47% are opposition fans who of course want us to keep him! They know we are never going to be a threat with him in charge.
opposition fans should not have the possibility to vote. Why the feck do we have opposition fans anyway?

starman

The results this season are no better and the football is still shite despite Ole having brought in his own players. Maybe it will all just click and we'll start looking like a well coached team and move up the table under a manager with no proven ability to manage at this level. Hope is a wonderful thing.
It's the basis of all the people that are saying sack him and thinking things will definitely improve

Status
Not open for further replies.