Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
What would have to happen for you to approve the club removing him in your opinion?
It’s more the timing for me, obviously results aren’t where they should be and we need to see an improvement sharpish, but to remove him after 11 games sends out the wrong message in so many ways in my view.

I would also be concerned we don’t have a plan lined up, which also reiterates my point about timing.

how about you?

fergosaurus

It's the basis of all the people that are saying sack him and thinking things will definitely improve
There are a lot of managers who could improve on the results Ole has got during this calendar year. Even Mourinho having his meltdown with a toxic dressing room was achieving more.

Kemizee

It’s more the timing for me, obviously results aren’t where they should be and we need to see an improvement sharpish, but to remove him after 11 games sends out the wrong message in so many ways in my view.

I would also be concerned we don’t have a plan lined up, which also reiterates my point about timing.

how about you?
I would take Blanc. Tactically better than Ole. Sacking him this early is not good I admit but then we could easily salavge the season doing that.

I knew Ole is not a great manager but I thought he would at least be a good one for us but he is so average it boggles the mind. I am so sad about our current situation.

starman

There are a lot of managers who could improve on the results Ole has got during this calendar year. Even Mourinho having his meltdown with a toxic dressing room was achieving more.
Toxicity he created. And was he? iirc he left the team 11 points adrift from 4th, playing worse football and after spending 300m net

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Expect worse once Ole has finished wasting another £300m.
I want ole gone too, but it's one thing critiquing his management and another to come out with a pile of presumtious bullshit. You sir fall in the latter.

el3mel

You think Maguire, AWB and James are a waste of money?
Maguire is already a waste of money if that is what he's going to offer here.

Not sure 1 season from now on if AWB doesn't improve his offensive side he will look worth the full 50m either.

Mainoldo

You think Maguire, AWB and James are a waste of money? And he's only spent 60m net, so far.
I can’t remember when spending £80m to have a team go backwards is money well spent. Fred’s getting a decent amount of games now is that £50m we’ll spent? It will be a waste of money as non of his players are going to perform.

Sterling Archer

Aren't we like 7 points worse off than last season when the big bad Mourinho was in charge, it's crazy to think that a toxic dressing room under mourinho is far better than the peaceful dressing room under the happy and jolly Solskjear.
Aye very damning way to think of it

Mainoldo

I want ole gone too, but it's one thing critiquing his management and another to come out with a pile of presumtious bullshit. You sir fall in the latter.
Go listen to Monica - Don’t take it personal.

Post sounded abit emotional.

starman

Not sure 1 season from now on if AWB doesn't improve his offensive side he will look worth the full 50m either.
Maguire's been fine, the problem is the people that expects VVD because they cost the same. If VVD was sold today he goes for 150m. Maguire also has the English and PL tax, but he's still a 50m defender if he was foreign. Lindelof and Bailly cost 75m combined

el3mel

Maguire's been fine, the problem is the people that expects VVD because they cost the same. If VVD was sold today he's goes for 150m. Maguire also has the English and PL tax, but he's still a 50m defender if he was foreign. Lindelof and Bailly cost 75m combined
So if he's not as good as 80m then it's a waste of money yeah. You are saying he's 50m defender, that means we paid +30m more for him. For such price I expect better than being just "decent" or "fine", being English or not.

starman

I can’t remember when spending £80m to have a team go backwards is money well spent. Fred’s getting a decent amount of games now is that £50m we’ll spent? It will be a waste of money as non of his players are going to perform.
How is the team going backward defensively? We have only conceded 1 goal more than City and two than Liverpool. We are -55m in for money spent on the attack

Un4givableB

:lol: madness. It was obvious what Klopp was trying to do with Liverpool from day one. Absolute weirdos thinking they're even comparable.
To compare OGS is Klopp delusional, to compare OGS to even Steve Bruce is disrespectful to Bruce's career as a manager but the OGS dead enders are mentioning his name in the same sentence as Fergie. :houllier:

starman

So if he's not as good as 80m then it's a waste of money yeah. You are saying he's 50m defender, that means we paid +30m more for him. For such price I expect better than being just "decent" or "fine", being English or not.
But what is as good as 80m? If it's VVD good, then your metric is off. He's a upgarde on Bailly and Lindelof that were valued at 30m & 40m.

Mainoldo

How is the team going backward defensively? We have only conceded 1 goal more than City and two than Liverpool. We are -55m in for money spent on the attack
We was told last year having a solid defence would mean we can play from the back and we can attack with confidence.

We have a good record at the back because all we do is sit back and park a bus against an opposition that says no you have it. So you get low scoring games. We are the bigger team the majority of the time so teams aren’t going to be bombarding us and they don’t.

el3mel

But what is as good as 80m? If it's VVD good, then your metric is off. He's a upgarde on Bailly and Lindelof that were valued at 30m & 40m.
He should have been that is the point. No club pays 80m for just an upgrade over one of their players. For that price you expect this VVD effect. Otherwise, he will end up being a decent defender that we over paid a lot for him.

I liked him and have been all for this signing ever since last season, but so far he hasn't been as outstanding as I was expecting, which is annoying for me. Just decent all around, that's all.

starman

We was told last year having a solid defence would mean we can play from the back and we can attack with confidence.

We have a good record at the back because all we do is sit back and park a bus against an opposition that says no you have it. So you get low scoring games. We are the bigger team the majority of the time so teams aren’t going to be bombarding us and they don’t.
We don't have a midfield to do anything with the ball.
You say teams won't bombard us so the defensive is not under pressure, go watch the Partizan game as a prime example of how easy the ball is given away and it being bypassed

Popcorn

Don’t think a couple of signings are going to transform us. Even if that does happen in the Jan window. We need to get some decent coaches in even if that means keeping Ole.

Our league season is going to continue to be horrible, with another 8-10 losses at this rate if changes are not made soon.

fergosaurus

Toxicity he created. And was he? iirc he left the team 11 points adrift from 4th, playing worse football and after spending 300m net
He takes the blame along with some of the players. Not the point though. Mourinho left us 11 points off top four mid December, we could be 10 points behind tomorrow if Leicester win.

If you look at Mourinho's last 11 games he got us 3 more points than we have managed in our 11 games this season under Ole. This is despite Mourinho's United having to go to the Etihad and Anfield.

Regarding the worse football comment, we scored 7 more goals in those games even though Mourinho is often branded as a negative and defensive manager.

starman

He should have been that is the point. No club pays 80m for just an upgrade over one of their players. For that price you expect this VVD effect. Otherwise, he will end up being a decent defender that we over paid a lot for him.

I liked him and have been all for this signing ever since last season, but so far he hasn't been as outstanding as I was expecting, which is annoying for me. Just decent all around, that's all.
But that just ridiculous expectations. As I said VVD is a 150m player now if sold.

Mainoldo

We don't have a midfield to do anything with the ball.
You say teams won't bombard us so the defensive is not under pressure, go watch the Partizan game as a prime example of how easy the ball is given away and it being bypassed
We don’t need Ozil or David Silva to do this though. It’s just more excuses, a team will never be perfect. Yes we could have a better midfield. But would you swap Scott McTominay for any of Bournemouth’s midfielders? I’m also sure Eddie Howe would love to have Peirera in his team.

What being bypassed now? The midfield? If so it’s being bypassed as we have two DM’s literally holding the CB’s hands. They will always lose the ball if they are trying to play in between the lines 20 yards further away than they should be.

el3mel

But that just ridiculous expectations. As I said VVD is a 150m player now if sold.
They bought him for 75m and that was post inflation already (they sold Coutinho for 140m in the same market) . I don't think it's crazy to expect similar effect from Maguire if we paid for him +5m more than what Liverpool paid for VVD. If he wasn't as good as VVD, so why did we pay that much money?

Un4givableB

Unfortunately, we are the position where we will always have to overpay for players because we are desperate and we have money, which everybody knows it.
We should get Mandzukic on a free but we will end up paying £5m or £6m.

starman

We don’t need Ozil or David Silva to do this though. It’s just more excuses, a team will never be perfect. Yes we could have a better midfield. But would you swap Scott McTominay for any of Bournemouth’s midfielders? I’m also sure Eddie Howe would love to have Peirera in his team.

What being bypassed now? The midfield? If so it’s being bypassed as we have two DM’s literally holding the CB’s hands. They will always lose the ball if they are trying to play in between the lines 20 yards further away than they should be.
Bournemouth didn't out play us though, we just lacked creativity, which is my point of not doing anything or having the players in midfield to do anything when we have the ball. The midfield of Mctominay, Fred and Pereira is fine when hustling big teams but not when we are the dominant team in possession

Foxbatt

It is the tactics. In 1999 you can play with two midfield players but Fergie also came up against a cropper when he had to play against better teams. The way McTominay and Fred was set up I know there was a gaping hole in our midfield. Put in Pereira and the whole gets bigger in the centre too. Neither Fred nor McTominay are holding midfield players.
Martial is not a big CF like Zlatan who can bully defenders when the ball is in the air. Only an idiot would think so. So why are we playing Martial and Rashford so far apart. Neither of them wins any headers on the balls played up in the air. That means the only option is an early ball or an early cross behind the opposing CBs. We rarely do that and especially Young. We always dilly dally and then the ball comes back either to the CBs or to the centre.
The way we are setup we can only play one way and when others teams stop us playing that way we do not know what to do. This is why it is ridiculous to sell Fellaini and Lukaku both and not replace them. I have no problems of them being sold so long that they were replaced but Ole did not replace them.
He wanted only "certain" players who are not going to come while there are plenty of players on current form who are doing much better than our own midfield. So the common factor is the coaching and Ole Gunnar is not a competent coach and needs to be sacked. If he was not good enough for a team like Cardiff how on Earth is he good enough for Manchester United?

Foxbatt

Bournemouth didn't out play us though, we just lacked creativity, which is my point of not doing anything or having the players in midfield to do anything when we have the ball. The midfield of Mctominay, Fred and Pereira is fine when hustling big teams but not when we are the dominant team in possession
We do not have to outplay a team to win. It is the coaching that is the biggest issue. Players need to coached in what to do in most circumstances. When we beat Barca in the CL semi final Quioz even got the exact space the players should move practiced without the ball according to Gary Neville. That is proper coaching. Not play it to Rashy or Anthony.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I don't understand why people say this when you have things happening like Leicester managing to win the league with Drinkwater & Albrighton in midfield
Albrighton is a winger. We also had Kanté, Vardy and Mahrez at the top of their game...

Martialfc

It’s not the tactics. We just don’t have players that are good enough. Andreas Perreria is a nothing footballer along with Jesse Lingard.

We are still playing Ashley Young on a weekly basis at leftback who is a failed winger. Our CM consists of Fred and Mctominay who let’s face it don’t have a creative pass in them. Mctominay, bless him, give his all but he’s not the solution. You aren’t going to build a team around Mctominay are you?

Our forwards can’t hold up a ball and rely on space in behind. Rashford and Martial aren’t good enough to lead the line. It’s just sad times. Until real investment is pumped into this club we are just going to have to make do with this average rubbish that gets served up on a regular basis. Unfortunately, We aren’t as good as we used to be...

starman

They bought him for 75m and that was post inflation already (they sold Coutinho for 140m in the same market) . I don't think it's crazy to expect similar effect from Maguire if we paid for him +5m more than what Liverpool paid for VVD. If he wasn't as good as VVD, so why did we pay that much money?
Because that's the market, VVD himself has raised the prices. But whats the similar effect? VVD was also joining a CL club already in the knockout stages.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Why on earth would Howe 'love to have Pereira' when he's got the likes of Wilson, Cook, Brooks and others? Such delusion about how good our players are.

Dr. StrangeHate

So many knee-jerkers. Lose or draw one game and it's the end of the world again. SAF would have been sacked in his 3rd year or earlier if the internet had been around back then.
Yia these glory hunters do my head in. I think we were wrong in even hiring Fergie, should have stuck with big Ron, he just needed one more window.

Mainoldo

We didn’t lack creativity we was just nowhere near there goal. As I explained earlier they didn’t outplay us because they didn’t have to. We are easy to beat. Just give us the ball. Bournemouth will not play like this all season, they did a tactical job on us and it worked.

Fosu-Mens

The football-related issues at this club are so fundamental and comprehensive that we would need a manager + coaching team + DoF that have experience working in/creating/establishing a "state of the art" training environment and other football-related standards at the club again. From technical training, throw-ins, set pieces, injury-preventive training etc. We are far far behind the rest of the top teams in the world. To create this training environment and standards for how to train, rest, prepare, improve etc one needs coaches and managers that have worked in such a "state of the art" environment. We had this under SAF for a long time. We do not have it anymore.

Our players are on average among the 5 worst teams in the league when it comes to making accurate simple passes and first touch.
We have a number of injuries. We buy players suited to play park the bus and counter. An approach that is outdated.

This rebuild is based on the wrong premises from a manager and coaching team that does not seem to understand that to be successful on the pitch in this day and age, being able to play some variant of possessionbased football is fundamental. Spending x amount of millions on players that do not have the abilities to play possession-based or perform in a system that is not based on parking the bus and counter-attacking, further indicates that they do either not seem to grasp that technical ability is the base requirement for a team to play possession-based or they are deluded in thinking that this Mourinhoesque approach will bring success long term.

Not saying that sacking OGS will lead to any improvement given that there are surely some other incompetent higher-ups at the club, only that OGS is clearly not competent enough for this rebuild.

Mainoldo

Why on earth would Howe 'love to have Pereira' when he's got the likes of Wilson, Cook, Brooks and others? Such delusion about how good our players are.
Delusion of how good our players are but you then name Wilson, Cook and Brooks. The irony.

Was Wilson a better youth prospect than Pereira? It’s doesn’t mean much but just interested on your opinion on that one.

momo83

Massive Snowflake

AWB.... people need to remember he’s not the finished package.. question is is Ole the manager to develop him into the complete modern day world class fullback that he probably would become under a decent manager?

Same applies to James with his development, and also Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.