Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

I really dont think its as simple as you're making out though. We cant just "sack him and bring someone else in".

- Who do we bring in?
- Who would want to come to us at this point?
- If we sack Ole now, how does that look to another manager joining - could it be him after another 11 games if (or when) the fans turn on him?

I'm not saying Ole is the messiah, far from it, but the decision to sack a manager, especially in our current state and based on our recent history with managers, is massive and far bigger than what people realise.

That said, I do agree Ole is underperforming. I think we're a top 8 side at the moment but the problem is we're not even there at the moment.
Pardon me but those are silly reasons for keeping an out of depth manager. The questions you're asking will have to be answered as we go but right now the club has to act. Ole is clearly not arresting the slide.

starman

See that's just not true so don't make stuff up. Martial has played 6 games and Pogba has played 5, and we were just as shite when both of them started! it's not like we got poor after they got injured, because we've been crap all fecking season.

We should at a minimum be challenging for top four. Teams like Arsenal and Leicester don't have better squads than us, and our squad is much better than 13 points out of 33, regardless of its issues.
Are they all full games? nope, so if you're going to get righteous about things dont imply Martials 10 minutes against Liverpool or 30 against Chelsea as a full game.

Arsenal have a better attack and midfield. Leicester have a better midfield, striker and full backs... I think you are deluding yourself if you are implying Leicester or Arsenal would be doing just as well if Vardy & Aubameyang had missed the same period.

izec

The longer he stays here, the clearer it gets how out of depth he is. We will pick up some wins down the road, but that has more to do with having better individual quality than most teams rather than Ole doing anything. He is a complete rookie

starman

Injuries are no excuse. We are below Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Brighton and Palace. The problem is we are being coached by someone massively out of his depth.
Yeah, in 6th, 7th, & 8th and why not just say that? Is it because you want to ram home them being generally being bottom half teams....We are also ahead of Spurs...

Roboc7

Feels like we’re back where we started under Moyes. All that time and money wasted to bring us here and supposed to believe worst manager we have had and same people who have failed repeatedly behind the scenes can turn it all around. Their taking the piss out of fans asking for time.

At some point this season they have to sack Ole, appoint a DOF and take some time and thought to bring in his replacement.

montpelier

:lol:

Yeah let him take us to relegation first! I mean it's so clear he is on the right track. Here are the reasons why:
1. Our football is breathtaking for the players he has.
2. No way our team could win against the likes of Bournemouth who have much better players.
3. We are just unlucky.
4. What he has done to our squad is great. He is throwing in youngsters who are obviously ready and will be worldclass in the future.
5. The reason why we have a paper thin squad up front is not up to him. He obviously wanted a striker in the summer but didn't get one.
6. He is great in presses. He is always so happy and that also shows how our players perform on the pitch.
7. We had managers with a great CV and failed. So it is just natural to give Ole a lot of time. Because his CV is shit.

So yeah! Keep Ole! What a guy.
We aren't going to get relegated. But you've done an excellent critique there. And pretty fair too.

I'd rather see how it plays out before we change again, is all

Trying to be optimistic I suppose. Very possibly wrongly, obviously. I want to see something better quite soon.

starman

Signing of defenders have been good but we are still leaking goals. OK.

BTW, Macguire is wanted by Jose.
Conceded one more than City and two more than Liverpool, hardly leaking goals...The issue is the midfield

So what if Jose wanted him, so did Moyes...
Unfortunately for Jose he signed Bailly and Lindelof and hardly played him, most of his signing were terrible. Who was the only hit? Zlatan?

Giggsyking

I feel we have reached a very dangerous point now. We reached the point that we lose every week and people do not care. This is what we talked about in the summer, accepting mediocrity. Now it is a fact. Fans are now do not feel the pain anymore and are absolutely ok with winning only 3 matches from 11 games. Very sad times. It will take a miracle to get back to the top. But to get back to the top we must make the right decisions, sack the clueless man at the wheel.

fergosaurus

Yeah, in 6th, 7th, & 8th and why not just say that? Is it because you want to ram home them being generally being bottom half teams....We are also ahead of Spurs...
I mentioned those teams because it can't be said with a straight face that they have better players yet are all above us in the table. The reason we are currently below them is because our better squad of players aren't being coached as well - it's not rocket science. It's not like we've been unlucky results haven't went our way but can see we're heading in the right direction. Bar the honeymoon period it's been woeful relegation form with little creativity or chances created yet he's still in a job because he's a nice positive guy who won us the Champion's League 20 years ago.

Spurs have a game in hand over us and a manager who has regularly got top four under a strict budget and got to a CL final. If we had someone with Poch's pedigree it would be easier to accept our place in the table is only a blip and not a reflection on the manager's ability.

Last edited:

always_hoping

To think that majority of Spurs fans wanted Poch to be sacked and we wanted Ole to continue. Football bloddy hell!
Spurs under Poch are still behind United in table, i think that highlights how poor they are doing and Spurs unlike this current United team were expected to be a top 4 team. When it comes to sacking i think its Ed Woodward first before the manager.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He had faith in Fred, Pogba, Pereira and Mctominay.
Rabiot a versatile CM who can play a 6, 8, or even a 10 was available on a free. Would have been a like for like replacement for Herrera, maybe less passionate about the club as Herrera was, but maybe a better player.

John Blund

Still on keep. Another dreadful performance. I don't believe we will solve anything by changing the manager now unless someone got a world-beater in the making ready to step up.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Are they all full games? nope, so if you're going to get righteous about things dont imply Martials 10 minutes against Liverpool or 30 against Chelsea as a full game.

Arsenal have a better attack and midfield. Leicester have a better midfield, striker and full backs... I think you are deluding yourself if you are implying Leicester or Arsenal would be doing just as well if Vardy & Aubameyang had missed the same period.
You're the one saying it was 90% when it's around 50%.

I think we all know who the deluded one here is, it's the one who thinks a manager with 13 points in 33 games who has previously failed spectacularly in the PL can somehow do what no manager in the history of the PL has done and manage to turn things around from such a terrible position.

Foxbatt

Anyone decent even on a temp basis would be better than Ole. Even fat Sam would get us to play and win more.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You forgot: he also decided to spend £80m on Maguire instead of investing in a depleted midfield and ineffective forwards.
I honestly think he had a Moyes summer window. By that I mean he cracked and became indecisive and went after the safe options. Eg SIMILAR to how Moyes had last minute nerves with Thiago Alcantara, and decided to do after Ronaldo, Bale, Fabregas etc. But at least Ole’s safe signings were more realistic.

starman

I mentioned those teams because it can't be said with a straight face that they have better players yet are all above us in the table. The reason we are currently below them is because our better squad of players aren't being coached as well - it's not rocket science. It's not like we've been unlucky results haven't went our way but can see we're heading in the right direction. Bar the honeymoon period it's been woeful relegation form with little creativity or chances created yet he's still in a job because he's a nice positive guy who won us the Champion's League 20 years ago.
This might mean something if the Leicester season didn't happen and the expectations is now not only a certain bunch of teams occupying the top spots.
If you go back to LVG first season, who had a similar start, the table was as follows:
1.Chelsea
2. Southampton
3. City
4. West Ham
5. Swansea
6. Arsenal
7 United

And as I said from my first post today, its still very early and the table is tight and we have 3 games coming we should be looking to get 6 or 7 points from.

starman

You're the one saying it was 90% when it's around 50%.

I think we all know who the deluded one here is, it's the one who thinks a manager with 13 points in 33 games who has previously failed spectacularly in the PL can somehow do what no manager in the history of the PL has done and manage to turn things around from such a terrible position.
:lol:
You've got some nerve to say someone is making up something and then come out with that, mine was a generalisation. You got precise and then make up your own stat

As for your second sentence, its completely a different narrative of what I've been saying, well done you've out done yourself

Kopral Jono

I can't wait until Ole goes, I really do and this is coming from me who has only been Ole out since that horror show in Newcastle. We raised our game against Liverpool, raised our game against Chelsea, were absolutely dogshite against Partizan and only looked decent against a very poor Norwich. What have we become, fecking Burnley?

Roboc7

This might mean something if the Leicester season didn't happen and the expectations is now not only a certain bunch of teams occupying the top spots.
If you go back to LVG first season, who had a similar start, the table was as follows:
1.Chelsea
2. Southampton
3. City
4. West Ham
5. Swansea
6. Arsenal
7 United

And as I said from my first post today, its still very early and the table is tight and we have 3 games coming we should be looking to get 6 or 7 points from.
Those are exactly the type of games we don’t win though that’s the problem. We haven’t beaten Bournemouth, Wolves, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Newcastle or Southampton. And we only drew two of those games, there’s no comfort from the fixture list. We were lucky we caught Norwich on a bad day and we played well, that result was a bit of a freak.

Giggsyking

1.Chelsea
2. Southampton
3. City
4. West Ham
5. Swansea
6. Arsenal
7 United

please stop it. It is causing us pain now more than anything. FFS we are already 10 points of the top 4 spot if Leicester win their game tomorrow.

He'lmurderyah15

I can't wait until Ole goes, I really do and this is coming from me who has only been Ole out since that horror show in Newcastle. We raised our game against Liverpool, raised our game against Chelsea, were absolutely dogshite against Partizan and only looked decent against a very poor Norwich. What have we become, fecking Burnley?
Beaten Chelsea (twice), Leicester (who everybody are creaming themselves about), One of two teams to have taken points from Liverpool, Into a cup quarter final, a win away from qualifying from our group in Europe (without conceding a goal), we've had horrible luck with injures and Ole has had to deal with a very poor transfer window. To say you 'can't wait til Ole goes is mad. What improvements would be made with a new manager? And to define yourself as Ole Out, go support Arsenal. We're fans and that's our role.

fergosaurus

1.Chelsea
2. Southampton
3. City
4. West Ham
5. Swansea
6. Arsenal
7 United

It's not just this season that has been the problem. The last 19 games or so has seen us pick up very little wins and we've lost every game we've managed to go behind in which indicates the manager is clueless in turning a game around.

The table isn't tight, we're seven points off 4th placed Leicester having played an extra match. There are no guarantees we'll do well in our next fixtures either. Brighton are in form and doing well and Sheffield United away is a nightmare for us.

Giggsyking

18 points from Liverpool :eek: and we only played 11 games. The gap at the end of the league will be 50 points.

United Hobbit

I still think he needs to go, yes he had a couple of "better" results for a couple of games but then Moyes would do that, it just buys them that bit more time, delaying the inevitable. Norwich and Chelsea arent great defensively so were perfect opponents, I actually thought we would beat Bournemouth as I thought they were really leaky oh no of course they score against us despite not scoring since September. Partizan was hardly a convincing victory. We keep struggling against Brighton lately so I'm not convinced we will win that and Sheffield have a very good defensive record so we will have trouble creating chances against them.

That Klopp vs Ole stat is shocking. I'd be really intrigued to see if he or Pep could sort this lot out

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Beaten Chelsea (twice), Leicester (who everybody are creaming themselves about), One of two teams to have taken points from Liverpool, Into a cup quarter final, a win away from qualifying from our group in Europe (without conceding a goal), we've had horrible luck with injures and Ole has had to deal with a very poor transfer window. To say you 'can't wait til Ole goes is mad. What improvements would be made with a new manager? And to define yourself as Ole Out, go support Arsenal. We're fans and that's our role.
The small team mentality of judging the season by beating or taking points from teams that are higher up. Like when Spurs were crap they’d cream themselves cos they beat Arsenal who won the league, or when Liverpool were finishing 8-12 their highlight would be beating or not drawing to United. Do you really think Liverpool will care about drawing to United, or that Lampard cares that he lost twice to United this season?

If you watched the Leicester game, they were the superior team.

C'est Moi Cantona

I just don't know what sacking him will achieve at this stage, he's as bad as the squad is, so we are where we should be just now.

Personally I'd ride it out until the summer, part ways with Ole, bin Woodward, swallow our pride, and get Rodgers in, along with a proper DOF, give them the money we have clearly held back for the last two summers, and finally move on, but hey that's a proper plan, so as you were.

Kopral Jono

What a coincidence! Here I am literally one click away on buying my first Arsenal kit. Thank you for your suggestion, loyal supporter!

starman

It's not just this season that has been the problem. The last 19 games or so has seen us pick up very little wins and we've lost every game we've managed to go behind in which indicates the manager is clueless in turning a game around.

The table isn't tight, we're seven points off 4th placed Leicester having played an extra match. There are no guarantees we'll do well in our next fixtures either. Brighton are in form and doing well and Sheffield United away is a nightmare for us.
It's tight between the 3 teams you initially mentioned that are above us. Getting 4th was probably the best we could have hoped for at the start of the season, so being just outside there come December is not the doom and gloom people are portraying. I believe we will get at least 6 points from the Brighton, Villa & Sheffield United games.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Voted sack because he has not got the results our squad should have done. However nothing will really change until the upstairs is cleaned out.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He was never going to be good enough to challenge for the title in the long term but this was his last chance to restore a bit of pride and dignity in the short term and now it’s gone.

Now we wait for the board to do its thing in January, two months after the final nail was put in the coffin.

NJM78

Ole out before 2020 is my hope. This can’t go on into next year. At least we are still on target to get past 40 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.