Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blund

Moyes, LVG and Mourinho had lost the wardrobe when they got sacked.

There's a world of difference if we sack him tomorrow, as we now will have an obvious replacement ready in Poch. On the other hand, I'm not sure Poch would want to touch us before the end of the season, as he would want a summer transfer window to change things around.

Matty7

Is Poch even available? Lots of managers who are sacked still have to wait till the end of the season for compensation reasons...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Sacking Ole won’t change anything when you look at the running order for who his replacement might be. There’s nothing to suggest Pochettino or Allegri can build a team and lead a major club to domestic and continental success in a competitive league.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think he signed with the absolutely best intentions to turn the club into what they once were, but he's clearly way way way out of his depths.
He clearly did and as a fellow Norwegian this went exactly as I predicted. He's not a good enough manager.

jackal&hyde

No manager is going to improve us over night. I wish it would, but nothing is going to make Jones, Pereira and the lot any better. The squad is crap. Change Ole or not, it's still a 2 year job at the min. We need to accept this or will want managers out every 6-8 months.

El Zoido

Sack him, but honestly can’t wait to see the reaction when we’re just as bad under the next manager. At least I’ll get some entertainment from the disappointment when the next guy still can’t work with these players.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Is Poch even available? Lots of managers who are sacked still have to wait till the end of the season for compensation reasons...
Or we give him the compensation bonus. We ould be that desperate.

Rockets Redglare

Sacking Ole won’t change anything when you look at the running order for who his replacement might be. There’s nothing to suggest Pochettino or Allegri can build a team and lead a major club to domestic and continental success in a competitive league.
The thing you’re missing though isn’t that they’re not capable of winning the league, it’s that Ole will be lucky to get us into the top half of the table at the end of the season.

If you’re content with what you’re watching then I don’t know what to say to you, but he’s so out of his depth it’s almost comical.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The only reason he isn’t sacked before the end of the season is if Poch says no. I can’t see us letting this carry on much longer.

The Firestarter

I doubt we’d sack anyone without a agreement in place for a successor.

Serious question for those that want Ole sacked. Do you think he’s in danger? I don’t think he will be sacked unless we were on a long winless streak and plummeted down the table. As long as we get the occasional win or draw and maintain mid table, I think his job is safe.
Think about that for a second. You are talking about the manager of Manchester fecking United having a safe job provided he lingers in mid table.

OneUnited24

Games like today make you think he’s out of his depth but with a midfield like he has available today what do you expect?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He clearly did and as a fellow Norwegian this went exactly as I predicted. He's not a good enough manager.
Not going to doubt it at all. Fantastic player, just not good enough at this moment in time to be our manager.
I hope he either steps down as manager, or comes to a mutual agreement to remain at the club in another role and relinquish the managerial control. The thought of him being sacked upsets me, but he can't stay on anymore.

vivaronaldo

Umm did you not see what poch did on a shoestring budget at spurs ????? Imagine him with funds

are you saying we just stick with this crap

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The problem has always been that Ole's management is an attempt to bring back the United of Old.

That is not what footballing managers do, that's what fans of clubs do and ex players do when they take on a DOF role like we see at Ajax etc.

Riz

First off, I don’t expect Ole to be sacked anytime soon unless we literally lose every game on the bounce. That’s just because I have no faith in the powers that be at this club to make hard decisions

I think we should pull the trigger now though. He is not the sole cause of the problem at all and a new manager probably won’t be able to resolve a lot until we’ve spent more in the market but Ole isn’t offering anything at this stage. He’s not part of the solution so as much as we want to refuse to become a manger merry go round we need to act now.

We’re so painful to watch from the centre back right through to the forward players, no patterns of play, no clear approach to unpicking defences, no confidence or chemistry. Sadly he needs to go. It’s both his fault and the players but unfortunately we can’t replace all of them at once.

AkaAkuma

Tactically outsmarted against Sheffield United, additional players wouldnt have changed anything.

MrSingh2002

Why should Ole get a pass when he made the decision to match Sheffield Uniteds formation even though they're as well drilled as they could be?

Or picking Williams against an aggressive team when Young was suspended since two weeks before the international break?

Had to admit he bollocked it up by changing shapeand taking Jones the bag of bollocks off.

Carricks been here 4 years now. feck them both off immediately.

I'm not 100% on Poch but I'm alot closer to being sure than I am with Ole.

I'd say I'm 2% sure Ole is the right man to manage Man Utd. Atleast 75% sure Poch would do a much better job.

Coxpazed

Ole is out of his depth, Woodward should consider existing and some players don't deserve the ManUtd shirt. The ManUtd team has been an utter disappointment!

MrBest

Any other big club would have got rid of this guy already. We live in a world where you are expected to deliver and unfortunately if you do not, your job is at risk. All this pressure of being a sacking club is fine by me as long as we have the right guy in charge. He has had 1 year now to do something and i feel we are in a worse position than when Jose left. I really wanted him to suceed but it is not happening. He is out of his depth.

bonothom

Still only 52% want him sacked. How can fans accept this absolute shower of shite is beyond me.

danigl

Hire Ralf Ragnick now and let him manage until the summer, then bump him up to DoF and bring in Julian Nagelsmann or Marco Rose. We need a clear plan. Just look at what City did before bringing in Pep.

edgecutter

What player has ole improved since he has been here? Most of our squad has regressed and getting worse as we continue into the season. A change is needed, even if it means giving the job to a nobody because we can't keep rewarding ole with time when he clearly looks out of his depth.

If the performances we're good, I would happily keep him, but we are being outplayed by average sides more often than not. That is not acceptable and it shouldn't be when he spent 150 million this year.

SAFMUTD

Games like today make you think he’s out of his depth but with a midfield like he has available today what do you expect?
Stop making excuses for him...sheffield Utd starting XI haves 7 players that never played further than the championship and still the manager gets them playing fluent football.

Sick of some posters repeating and repeating that this is the best we can hope for.

tony54

To get rid of Herrera, smalling and fellainy is inexcusable when you see what a useless midfield and defence we have now.

peridigm

Think about that for a second. You are talking about the manager of Manchester fecking United having a safe job provided he lingers in mid table.
I’ve thought about it a lot. I didn’t say I agree with it but it’s how I assess our current situation. It’s down to who the manager is. If it was anyone else, I think we’d already have another, new manager.

Yakuza_devils

Lads, relax!

Given more time and money Ole will sort this out. Can't u see he has made 3 good signings?

If we sacked him who should replace him? We have tried the proven manager so this time around we should stick to Ole.

Can't u see Ole has finally do something different after so many managers?

I have faith Ole will be a success based on his track record at mighty Molde and Cardiff.

Am I doing it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.