Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Ah what fecking bollocks that is. Ole hasn't got a fecking clue is what it is.
Case in point just then. He’s not a premier league player. Might be able to cut it in Serie A or France but he’s shite. We just don’t have the talent overall.

Poch would inject some life though. Needs to be done.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Fergies at fault for the dross he left behind but then again all the other managers we got in and Phil Jones is still here , Oles just not the right guy good guys dont always finish first i am affraid
Fergie left six years ago! That's more than enough time to mount a rebuild.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I don't even think they'll sack him after this. People seem to be forgetting that we've already had much worse results and runs of form than this and he's survived.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's genuinely baffling that there's still a fairly well-supported view that he shouldn't be sacked at this stage - he's done nothing to indicate we'll improve significantly beyond maybe finishing 6th or 7th at a push. Leading us to what'll end up being our worst PL season. Just bet to cut our losses at this stage. He'll always be an absolute club legend and his stint in charge won't taint that.

BaneIsPain

Time is truly over for Ole but knowing how slow we are on sacking. We will delay it until end of January

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't see any reason for keeping him other than simply not wanting to change managers again. Any positive in his favour could be replicated by other managers, many of whom have done a hell of a lot more to suggest they're capable of succeeding here.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think he must know it's game over for him now. It's a shame to see, but we can't keep going on like this

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don't even think they'll sack him after this. People seem to be forgetting that we've already had much worse results and runs of form than this and he's survived.
Yep. Said this in the Poch thread when people were saying we should go for him. There's no way the club will sack Ole. Not yet, anyway.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's genuinely baffling that there's still a fairly well-supported view that he shouldn't be sacked at this stage - he's done nothing to indicate we'll improve significantly beyond maybe finishing 6th or 7th at a push. Leading us to what'll end up being our worst PL season. Just bet to cut our losses at this stage. He'll always be an absolute club legend and his stint in charge won't taint that.
"No other manager could've gotten a result there with players as bad as those"
"Newly promoted Sheffield Utd have, if anything, a much better side than us anyway"
"I think it was unreasonable to expect us to beat them seeing as they're 5th and Wilder has had years to build his squad"
"Give Ole time, he made thr.. tw.. he made a good si.. he made a signing that wasn't as bad as one of Mourinho's!"
"If anything we should be blaming Woodward here for giving Jones the new contract, if he hadn't played and if we'd scored that one shot we had then it'd be a different story entirely"
"Lads, xG still has us in 6th!"

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Case in point just then. He’s not a premier league player. Might be able to cut it in Serie A or France but he’s shite. We just don’t have the talent overall.

Poch would inject some life though. Needs to be done.
I mean Sheffield United are newly promoted side. As shite as Andreas and Fred are, they should still be doing better against them. We've had Djemba Djemba playing in midfield ffs.

hp88

He isn't going anywhere, some of you need to realise this and get used to fact that we are an average side now.

laughtersassassin

You're actually blind and or stupid if you think he should still be here.

Him being an ex player has no say in this.

He was naïve enough to be happy with the squad in the summer when we let our midfield and attack get worse.
That was his first huge mistake.

He has shown to be terrible versus the bad teams and his use of subs have been just as bad.

And finally let's have a look at the games we have lost or drew this season.

Moyes Van Gaal and Jose would be sacked for these results so so should Ole.

Lost or drew to
Bournemouth
Southampton
Sheffield United most likely
West Ham
Newcastle to name a few.

You can't defend it. I have no bias against Ole I just want what best for the team. We are all United fans and are all inherently bias towards Ole which got us into this even worse position.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Shouldn't have been hired in the first place. Sad for Ole as a person though.
I think he signed with the absolutely best intentions to turn the club into what they once were, but he's clearly way way way out of his depths.

peridigm

Say we sack him and Poch doesn’t want the job yet. Who do we put in charge?
I doubt we’d sack anyone without a agreement in place for a successor.

Serious question for those that want Ole sacked. Do you think he’s in danger? I don’t think he will be sacked unless we were on a long winless streak and plummeted down the table. As long as we get the occasional win or draw and maintain mid table, I think his job is safe.

hp88

Say we sack him and Poch doesn’t want the job yet. Who do we put in charge?
I would hope that when we are finally ready to sack him that his replacement will be lined up and ready to start the following day.

MrSingh2002

Newly promoted side missing one of their best players in the goalkeeper. And we have two shots in 62 minutes. Disgraceful.

Champagne Football

I think he's been given a fair chance. Been given a year to show if he is tactically strong enough to survive in a bigger pond.

He's failed time and time again. It's so similar to Dalglish when he returned to Liverpool despite being irrelevant as a manager for many years. He did OK but it was never going to be good enough to take Liverpool higher.

Pochettino would be to us, what Klopp has been to Liverpool.

Sack Ole. Make him our new no. 2 to Pochettino. Move Phelan to DOF.

acnumber9

What we’ll do is wait until Pochettino or any other possible manager gets a job and then we’ll sack him. Then when Carrick gets the job we’ll start planting stories about how we’ll back him in the transfer market before we sign 2 players in the next transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.