Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masskh

Why do we need this topic??? or does this topic need reform?

It is more than known that productivity and dynamic arise from good critiques but what I see here is a war between Ole's legendary army and big names fans army!

First I try to justify why we are obsessed for keeping him or sacking him:

We played shit in some games and some people said we see that many fans became a puppet as they lower thier standard because he is Ole. Well, I admit I really like him and it may bugged me to judge. It is kind of emotional connection with someone which potentially can harm judgment process. At the same time I see some tendencies or obsessions with big names, when we get good results some fans still want to see someone big at the realm. It is again understandable they want best for their favorite.

I make some reasons why we do not need this topic or it needs reformations:

1- He has had one year in his managerial role at United (including care-taker and permanent) . In my very humble opinion, when we judge Ole and what he did we should not look for his background, of course he is not some one big in a managerial role, and of course he is a legend for our club. When we want to make comments about his performance we must stick on facts and evidences based on statistics and process.

2- Based on an educated guess (his performance+our board) most likely he would not get sacked at least before the end of the season, we have one topic to analyze his performance as the united permanent manager, do you think it is not enough? Maybe a topic for Ole's sack watch could get established as other managers have had.

3- Why do we need to make him a candidate for being sacked?? while he is not even close to it.

4- Some people voted for sacking or keeping him some weeks ago without checking forum again!

5- It is even harmful for the reputation of constructive criticism to have such a topic with only two options to vote for!

6- what we need atm is debating over his performance and our team landscape not and urgent vote for keeping or sacking him!

7- It is always brilliant to have statistics from supporters, however, this statistic is not dynamic nor ergodic!

8- If you want to catch the current mindset of supporters you should define a threshold to restart the vote every week!

Sincerely yours,

Masskh

Last edited:
Reactions: roonster09

DarkChild™

People probably too lazy to revote at least that's my assumption.
Personally I am waiting for the next 2 premier league games! Today's game was inconsequential as is the league cup next mid week. Everton and watford fixtures will show us if this upsurge in form is an anomaly.

hmchan

People probably too lazy to revote at least that's my assumption.
I'm one of those who vote "sack", and I'm not too lazy to revote. In my opinion, it's meaningless to change one's stance based on isolated result of one match. What I care is the long-term development of the team, how the squad is built, how the gameplan works, how the philosophy is implemented out etc. So I basically wouldn't change "sack" to "keep" due to a win; nor change "keep" to "sack" due to a defeat. As I've said previously, it's not the league standing or point that worries me, but the overall performance.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm one of those who vote "sack", and I'm not too lazy to revote. In my opinion, it's meaningless to change one's stance based on isolated result of one match. What I care is the long-term development of the team, how the squad is built, how the gameplan works, how the philosophy is implemented out etc. So I basically wouldn't change "sack" to "keep" due to a win; nor change "keep" to "sack" due to a defeat. As I've said previously, it's not the league standing or point that worries me, but the overall performance.
We've lost 2 in our last 10, one of which was a game where we played the majority of our youth team. We've beaten Chelsea, City and Tottenham in that run. 6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses.

hmchan

We've lost 2 in our last 10, one of which was a game where we played the majority of our youth team. We've beaten Chelsea, City and Tottenham in that run. 6 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses.
Again, as I have just said, it's meaningless to single out certain results to support one's stance. Every manager experiences good and bad run, even Moyes tasted consecutive victories during his time at United. If you look at the period between 22 Sep to 20 Oct, it was a month without a win, in which we drew Rochdale and lost to Newcastle, and Ole should have been long gone by this standard. Hence, for me, I would care more about tge long-term development of the team.

TRUERED89

In fact, the football heritage inherited by Moyes was not really as good as you imagined. Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra were so bad that they made so many mistakes, and they were major culprits responsible for that year of collapse. Zaha was immature by then and he admitted it himself. Kagawa has never been up to the standard. Among all, only van Persie and Rooney were reliable, but they were suffering from recurrent injuries that season. Moyes may be poor in man management, but I feel for him in many aspects.
Not surprised after being forced to watch videos on Phil Jagielka :lol:. Moyes was a car crash from start to finish, you just can’t defend him!

troylocker

on the back of 8 wins in 12 games, scoring 20 goals in 8 games - the majority in here still want to sack OGS. Remarkable!

Oh yes and we apparently won a fairly big game during the weekend as well
Add to that:
He was hired on the back of presenting a long term plan to the board and owners.
He's taken no shortcuts. No quickfixes! Sticking to his plan. To get us back to the top. Not this season, probably not the next either, but after that we have a squad entering it's prime challenging for the big titles again. He will not get fired because of some bad form or inconsistent performances with this squad in the beginning of a 2-3 season plan.
As long as we don't get relegated (not happening, probably end up between 4.-6., maybe challenging for some cups as well), he is going nowhere and it is about time the fans understand that and back him as well.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
on the back of 8 wins in 12 games, scoring 20 goals in 8 games - the majority in here still want to sack OGS. Remarkable!

Oh yes and we apparently won a fairly big game during the weekend as well
I don't think that's actually true - many people won't bother changing their vote

The poll should be rerun at some point

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Indeed. I've pointed this out fairly recently in a different thread.

It's also ridiculous to say Ole is doing worse than Moyes when if you look at total points, goals scored etc they're pretty much identical. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Ole but at least he's capable of dispatching the best sides, something Moyes was incapable on (in fact we often got spanked by the best teams).

As for United, our form has got significantly better since Martial returned from injury (something I predicted). I mean no shit we were struggling before then as Rashford was our only goal threat. A point I keep raising and keeps getting ignored by posters who had made their mind up with Ole way back last season. It's laughable for some to suggest there hasn't been any signs of improvement when results, goals scored etc all point to a clear improvement.

There are two decent arguments against Ole in my opinion.

1 - We play on the counter and struggle against teams that sit back. I think thats due to us missing a technical creator in midfield who can find the runs of Martial/James/Rashford. Pogba would be the man to fill this void but he's been struck down by an illness with no cure it seems.
2 - His in game management at times is bad. Don't think you can really dispute this one, he's cost us points with some odd decisions. Lack of quality squad depth might be part of the problem here but I would prefer us to get in a tactical coach to help Ole with this weakness.

I call bullshit on this, there are some Ole Out fans (not all of them obviously) that are either lashing out because their precious Jose got sacked or Pochettino fan boys who are wetting themselves at the prospect of him managing us. Its this weird addition in modern football where some fans seem to prefer Managers or specific players over their support for the club.
100% agree.

Olé may not be there for the next 20years but you know his realignment and foundation will be his legacy

Strelok

Add to that:
He was hired on the back of presenting a long term plan to the board and owners.
He's taken no shortcuts. No quickfixes! Sticking to his plan. To get us back to the top. Not this season, probably not the next either, but after that we have a squad entering it's prime challenging for the big titles again. He will not get fired because of some bad form or inconsistent performances with this squad in the beginning of a 2-3 season plan.
As long as we don't get relegated (not happening, probably end up between 4.-6., maybe challenging for some cups as well), he is going nowhere and it is about time the fans understand that and back him as well.
As a true United fan, you have to demand the club to get back to top 4 immediately.

Or at the least, as the season has not finished yet and top 4 can wait. Ole must show that he can not only beat the top 6 but also beat the smaller teams on a regular basis. As I say on a regular basis I mean all of them !

There should be no excuse, especially on Ole. If he can't do that, sack him and hire Poch. He is the only one who can get us back to top 4, beat all the top 6 and smash all the rest.

You United standard has been terribly lowered, tricked by a clueless, tactically inept clown of a manager who only managed Molde and got relegated with Cardiff. Shame on you.

Last edited:

troylocker

You United standard has been terribly lowered, tricked by a clueless, tactically inept clown of a manager who only managed Molde and got relegated with Cardiff. Shame on you.
No. Shame on you! For being too shortsighted to see the bigger picture. Did you read my post at all? This team and squad is not Oles' finished product. If you can't see that, that's 100% on you. By calling our manager "a clueless, tactically inept clown of a manager" you are the one shooting below the standards here.

shaky

As a true United fan, you have to demand the club to get back to top 4 immediately.

Or at the least, as the season has not finished yet and top 4 can wait. Ole must show that he can not only beat the top 6 but also beat the smaller teams on a regular basis. As I say on a regular basis I mean all of them !

There should be no excuse, especially on Ole. If he can't do that, sack him and hire Poch. He is the only one who can get us back to top 4, beat all the top 6 and smash all the rest.

Did you see Poch's record with Spurs away from home in the league v the top 6. 28 games played. 3 wins. The guy was good at beating the small teams and generally garbage when it came to big games, which probably also explains his lack of silverware.

Alabaster Codify7

Why is that game key? Its been said about every match lately.
I think they're gonna park the bus and if we struggle and drop points it'll be a hint that not much has changed. I think we're gonna win comfortably and it'll start changing my mind on ole's position.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think they're gonna park the bus and if we struggle and drop points it'll be a hint that not much has changed. I think we're gonna win comfortably and it'll start changing my mind on ole's position.
I certainly hope you are right - I also think we'll win the game. However, we are going to drop points at some stage and probably quite soon. It'll be interesting to see how sharp the knives are going to be on here when that happens. I believe there are still a lot of posters just waiting for the ammunition.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Now please note what the below shows is that when you're building a new project it's very rare that it doesn't come with a few bumps along the way. Klopp and Pep have both rebuilt both sides (Pep rebuilt Cities defense) and despite having patchy form still managed to come out the other end and turned themselves into beasts. This doesn't mean Ole will replicate what they've done, but it does highlight the need for patience when it comes to long term rebuilds.

All Competitions / First 53 Games Under Each Manager:

Manager​
GamesWinsDrawsLossesWin RateGFGAGD
Ole
53​
28​
11​
14​
52.8%​
85​
58​
+27​
Klopp
53​
25​
16​
12​
47.2%​
91​
61​
+30​
Pep
53​
30​
13​
10​
56.6%​
112​
58​
+54​
Poch
53​
26​
16​
11​
49.1%​
95​
53​
+42​

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thats the difference -- I am a United supporter not because they win every time or are Champions. Maybe you need to look at yourself on why you support United or maybe its time to start supporting teams that win consistently. I am frankly embarrassed as a 45yrs United fan by the statements you make.

Time for you to change clubs you plastic fan.

sglowrider

No. Shame on you! For being too shortsighted to see the bigger picture. Did you read my post at all? This team and squad is not Oles' finished product. If you can't see that, that's 100% on you. By calling our manager "a clueless, tactically inept clown of a manager" you are the one shooting below the standards here.
He's probably the sort 'supporter' who changes clubs like when Becks left for RM. We used to laugh at the ridiculousness of RAWKs. We seemed to have taken the 180degree approach of self-hating our players and leaders.

waza7111

The next 4 league games are crucial for me. We're good against our top 6 rivals but need to start beating the other teams regularly

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thats the difference -- I am a United supporter not because they win every time or are Champions. Maybe you need to look at yourself on why you support United or maybe its time to start supporting teams that win consistently. I am frankly embarrassed as a 45yrs United fan by the statements you make.

Time for you to change clubs you plastic fan.
Unfortunately there's different generations of United fans.

You come from the time where the club wasn't tradionally always successful, you've seen the hard times and the good.

Many of us are born in the late 80'90/00's and haven't seen anything but regular success, a year or 2 without a trophy was a shock. Its' difficult to change your mindset of regularly winning which is why this forum has become such a stroppy place recently.

You're right that it's abnormal to expect this, especially with all the competition we face these days, but wanting the club to win isn't "plastic". We just need to learn to deal with our expectations a bit better.

JoaquinJoaquin

The next 4 league games are crucial for me. We're good against our top 6 rivals but need to start beating the other teams regularly
Yeah that's where I am to. Ole has won me back around a bit the last week or two, but we really have to show we can beat the inferior teams otherwise we aren't really taking a step forward.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Why is that game key? Its been said about every match lately.
I also think its a key game, as much for the fans as anything else. We've taken steps forward in the past only to get knocked back against a side you'd typically expect us to beat which feeds into the fans frustration on Ole. I think we all accept its going to be a season of ups and downs but if we can get some consistency going, it will change the mood massively.

We'll always have the doom-mongers who have made their mind up on Ole and there's no going back for those people, but the majority are seeing some encouraging signs and if we can continue it against Everton, a team which will present a completely different challenge, then it starts to feel a bit more "real" rather than game-raising.

lysglimt

Scout

I hope you are trolling - otherwise I am really worried about you

matsdf

What I think the results against Spurs and City gave us more than anything, was confidence. If you can beat Spurs and City, you can definitely beat Everton and Watford.

sglowrider

Unfortunately there's different generations of United fans.

You come from the time where the club wasn't tradionally always successful, you've seen the hard times and the good.

Many of us are born in the late 80'90/00's and haven't seen anything but regular success, a year or 2 without a trophy was a shock. Its' difficult to change your mindset of regularly winning which is why this forum has become such a stroppy place recently.

You're right that it's abnormal to expect this, especially with all the competition we face these days, but wanting the club to win isn't "plastic". We just need to learn to deal with our expectations a bit better.
I agree but I always question people that the winning is the most important part of being a supporter. Its sounds so feckin' American. A winner. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is more to United than that -- history, the way they treat/remember their former players etc. United should be the personification of a good human being -- character, fun and principled -- or life in general.

Otherwise, why do fans support Grimsby Town?

Strelok

I hope you are trolling - otherwise I am really worried about you
Yup, only you got me. Isn't what I said was the narrative here just few weeks ago.

A bit disappointed though.
No one realises this actually is a title winning form ;)

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I don't think that's actually true - many people won't bother changing their vote

The poll should be rerun at some point
People are updating their vote. When we lose more want to sack Ole. When we win it’s the other wat around. If you monitor it you see.

Fletchageddon

This 'he only managed Molde and got relegated with Cardiff' narrative is mental. Everyone has to start somewhere. Pep had ONLY managed a B team ffs and Klopp only missed relegation on the last day of the season in his first job. It's all about patience. Ole is doing great work so far and the players will all run through walls for him. The tactics he is implementing need a lot of conditioning and I think we are starting to see the benefit of the summer and 15-20 games playing that style. We aren't dying off at the end of matches anymore.

He did the right thing for the club in getting rid of Sanchez + Lukaku when it could have been easier for him and his job security to have that fire power up front. He is the right man at the right time. No team wins everything all the time. We as United fans need to accept this period or risk becoming a bit RAWKish. Just look at the lads when they score goals. Look at the huddle and the team bond that is growing. It's amazing what he has done in one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.