Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkTank@Cafe

LVG won the FA Cup, wasn't given any time.

JM won the League Cup and Europa League, finished 2nd in the Prem (highest finish since SAF left), yet wasn't given any time.

Hell, even Moyes was signed to a 5 year contract and given less that 12 months.

And yet somehow Ole needs to be given time? This board has just become ridiculous.
Are you serious? Let the man to manage for a full season and have a theoretical chance to win something after a transfer window.

Judas

Open to offers
I really struggle to understand the people who want Ole to stay and also see us signing the best talents in the world in the winter and summer windows. It just won't work like that, unless we pay unbelievable amounts, and even then they'll have better options, its not like other teams play peanuts.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Progress with what exactly?

Do we have a better squad this season? No

Do we have more points than last season? No

Do we play better football than last season? No

Has the 3 signings that Ole made improved us? Questionable.

No other club the size of Manchester United would accept being 8th in the league when spending £150m in the transfer window yet again. We consistently spend more than every other club in the league except City yet we are no where near the top 4 let alone the title.

If I saw progress I would allow him more time but when we can only beat teams on the counter that simply isn’t good enough.
Do we have a better squad this season? We have a much better first eleven but thinner squad.

Do we have more points than last season? No. Comparing the points is useless. It depends on the context. One season you can become champion with 75 points. Another season you don’t get a CL spot with that amount.

Do we play better football than last season? Yes, we play better football.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2019. Check out our XG, XGa, and XPts and compare.

Transfers improved us in the following areas:

1) passing high press;
2) counter attacks;
3) defending.

We improved a LOT. We have abnormal mistakes leading to goals, referee mistakes, really bad conversion, and injuries. All of these are not systemic. Well, conversion is actually.

As a system, we improved in all important indicators. Improved drastically. And before you start to bash statistics, I’d like to mention that your beloved Klopp or Pochettino, Or any other sane manager these days measure performance in stats.

Judas

Open to offers
Every time we've lost this season is because of a schoolboy error, or two by the PLAYERS, but yeah let's blame the Manager, happy Christmas ya miserable bastards, may your sprouts be well passed their sell by date....
We didn't score a single goal, without those terrible errors we'd still not have won.

Enigma_87

You know who
Do we have a better squad this season? We have a much better first eleven but thinner squad.

Do we have more points than last season? No. Comparing the points is useless. It depends on the context. One season you can become champion with 75 points. Another season you don’t get a CL spot with that amount.

Do we play better football than last season? Yes, we play better football.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2019. Check out our XG, XGa, and XPts and compare.

Transfers improved us in the following areas:

1) passing high press;
2) counter attacks;
3) defending.

We improved a LOT. We have abnormal mistakes leading to goals, referee mistakes, really bad conversion, and injuries. All of these are not systemic. Well, conversion is actually.

As a system, we improved in all important indicators. Improved drastically. And before you start to bash statistics, I’d like to mention that your beloved Klopp or Pochettino, Or any other sane manager these days measure performance in stats.
Since you are fan of stats - spent 130m on defence last Summer and we have the worst run in keeping a clean sheet since 1971. Progress!

Improved drastically? The delusion is strong with you. Very soon this place will turn into RAWK with certain members.. :lol:

croadyman

I can't wait to see what the excuse is when Pogba comes back and we are still shit against these teams.

People realize we were just as bad against teams like Watford when Pogba was fit too, right?
Yeah who could forget that pathetic draw away at already relegated Huddersfield and the ultimate embarrassment was losing to a down and out Cardiff at home which was a complete and utter disgrace, oh just remembered we also had that total battering at the hands of Everton as well, definitely feels that some of our fans have forgotten those results when he was part of that midfield.

hobbers

WTF I just can’t believe we still have a large amount of fans on here who want him to stay.. I’d like to ask what they want him to stay for?
Two words: brainless sentimentality. There is no other possible reason.

Were any other available manager presiding over us this season that poll would be 80+% sack. Literally any other available manager on the planet. Maybe with the exception of Cantona.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Inappropriate Content
Is this a performance measuring stat?

Any stat based on “win” doesn’t contribute to understanding of why we win or lose. It just
Since you are fan of stats - spent 130m on defence last Summer and we have the worst run in keeping a clean sheet since 1971. Progress!

Improved drastically? The delusion is strong with you. Very soon this place will turn into RAWK with certain members.. :lol:
Is there “keeping clean sheet for number of games” performance stat? Can it be used in game analytics?

Are you guys retarded or have your brain replaced with a media?

Enigma_87

You know who

Any stat based on “win” doesn’t contribute to understanding of why we win or lose. It just

Is there “keeping clean sheet for number of games” performance stat?
Can it be used in game analytics?

No, we made that one up. Along with Watford not winning at home for what was it 9 months or so?

How did the game analytics went after winning at City and against Spurs in the game against Watford?

Even a blind man can see that we are useless against weaker teams and teams that give us the initiative to break them down.

We set up cagey and use the space against better teams and have zero clue how to break down inferior ones, but keep the calculations going.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Is there “keeping clean sheet for number of games” performance stat? Can it be used in game analytics?

So possession percentage or clean sheets are not performance stats for assessing a team or a manager? I think you have just reinvented football analytics. Or are you being paid by Ole to be a spin doctor? Either way... congratulations. And please do not talk of retardation here because it's quite clear you know.

ThinkTank@Cafe

So possession percentage or clean sheets are not performance stats for assessing a team or a manager? I think you have just reinvented football analytics. Or are you being paid by Ole to be a spin doctor? Either way... congratulations. And please do not talk of retardation here because it's quite clear you know.
Don’t twist my words. Possession percentage is pretty basic stat. It is widely used and accepted. It is pretty useless because if you watch the match you get the idea of what possession percentage is. Really nothing to analyze with just possession stat per se.

“Wins when dominating possession” is a derived “stat” used in a very narrow context by sky sports to picture United’s problem with weaker opposition. It is more of a catchy statement than a stat.

Nobody is denying the fact that our results against teams out of top 6 are abysmal. However you can’t use “wins” to analyze your tactical mistake and alter your approach. The “win” is not an indicator - it’s the goal.

I can elaborate more for you to understand a simple notion of “stat” used technically vs “stat” invented by media if you still don’t get it.

similarly, a “longest no clean sheet streak since 1971” is not a stat.

analytical stats are the stats that are helpful for the pattern and player analysis. For example, one can analyze the quality of penetration: touches in the box, Successful crosses percentage, through balls, type of assist, etc. Or End product in defense and attack: XGa, XG. A lot of mathematic models used to determine XG. There is a lot of interesting technical stuff in analytics.

I’m not a stat wizard or something. It took me 40 minutes to read the “footballs stats for dummies” type of information.

if you care to look at technical performance, there is a huge progress. Despite injuries, despite thin squad and introduction of youngsters. This statistical improvements will start to turn into results with the time. That’s how statistics work.

A lot of good and honest job goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Ole and people seeing the progress being insulted in that process. People judge Ole based on his past and his brand value because just don’t care to look into what happening with that team on and off the pitch right in front of them

Really, really sad

ThinkTank@Cafe

No, we made that one up. Along with Watford not winning at home for what was it 9 months or so?

How did the game analytics went after winning at City and against Spurs in the game against Watford?

Even a blind man can see that we are useless against weaker teams and teams that give us the initiative to break them down.

We set up cagey and use the space against better teams and have zero clue how to break down inferior ones, but keep the calculations going.
see the post above, my witty friend.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Everyone will eventually come to the conclusion that he needs to go, he's just not good enough. Been given a job far beyond his ability.
The problem is that the journey getting there be tortuous.

Sp00ks11

Everyone will eventually come to the conclusion that he needs to go, he's just not good enough. Been given a job far beyond his ability.
They won’t though, he gets a couple of wins on the bounce and they all think he is amazing and we just have to be patient. He is by far the worst manager we have had in 30 years, sooner he is gone the better, but I think he will stay long term as the club have given up wanting to compete at the very top of the game. A bit like Arsenal did 15 or so years ago.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
As with the stats above. I stumbled across the 8% win rate with better possession and win rate without penalties is 7%.
As much as the players are to blame, it starts and ends with the manager here. We need to move on. Ole has been a disaster ever since he signed that contract.

We're close to being half way through the season:

We've won 1 in 3.
We're 24 points off top (with a game more) while 13 points off bottom.

How people can defend Ole is beyond me Well it isn't, they just can't face sacking a club legend...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I cant be bothered to get annoyed with United or Ole now. Its all just *shrugs shoulders * comical how the club have accepted mediocrity over the past few years and are quite happily content with continuing this spiral into meh-ness.

Judas

Open to offers
Yep. I’m convinced things will get a lot worse before anything changes. We’ll also pull off big performances occasionally that’ll keep things dragging out further.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Perhaps he needs to go.

However, he should only go when there's a permanent replacement lined up. Giving it to a member of the class of 92, for example, on a temporary basis which creates a short term improvement in performance isn't the way to go.

Ultimately though, until Woodward leaves nothing will change at the club.

red4ever 79

Perhaps he needs to go.

However, he should only go when there's a permanent replacement lined up. Giving it to a member of the class of 92, for example, on a temporary basis which creates a short term improvement in performance isn't the way to go.

Ultimately though, until Woodward leaves nothing will change at the club.
I am hoping that Ed is wooing Poch as we speak.

Lentwood

I don’t think some people appreciate how poor some of our players are and how young the rest are.

Most of United’s starting XIs this season have been on average the youngest in the PL and it shows

The senior players are amongst the worst in their positions in the league. De Gea is the worst GK in the league, Lingard and Mata are the worst #10s in the league. We don’t actually have a senior CF at the club

It’s no wonder we struggle at times. Mark my words it will be 2022/23 before we have another “good” season and that’s only IF we make good decisions between now and then

red4ever 79

Let's be honest guys. He is only still in the job because of sentiment and former attachment to the club. If he had been hired with no former affiliation with the club, then he would have been sacked by now. The results and performances are absolutely shocking.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don’t think some people appreciate how poor some of our players are and how young the rest are.

Most of United’s starting XIs this season have been on average the youngest in the PL and it shows

The senior players are amongst the worst in their positions in the league. De Gea is the worst GK in the league, Lingard and Mata are the worst #10s in the league. We don’t actually have a senior CF at the club

It’s no wonder we struggle at times. Mark my words it will be 2022/23 before we have another “good” season and that’s only IF we make good decisions between now and then
The levels people will go to defend Ole :lol:

De Gea is the worst GK in the league? Seriously? Do you feel not ashamed typing that?

Rafaeldagold

I cant be bothered to get annoyed with United or Ole now. Its all just *shrugs shoulders * comical how the club have accepted mediocrity over the past few years and are quite happily content with continuing this spiral into meh-ness.
Yep I’m the same now. If the fans & Woodward don’t care anymore then I’m starting to also not be bothered

Chairman Steve

Remove OGSs affiliations with the club and people will look at tenure and say “Why did Utd hire a permanent manager whose primary experience is a decade in the Norwegian league?”

And that 25 points in total... Just over half of that total is made up of wins against Chelsea, Leicester, City, Spurs and draws against Liverpool and Arsenal. The rest of that was garnered from the other 13 teams we’ve played. 11 points from those 13 other teams. It’s alarming.

Any manager should be getting absolutely slaughtered. LVG and Moyes certainly would have been and rightfully so, but some people will defend OGS to the death and point fingers at individual player mistakes in games as the main reason we lost, and not the 90 minutes of looking completely clueless and not creating chances.

AneRu

Let's be honest guys. He is only still in the job because of sentiment and former attachment to the club. If he had been hired with no former affiliation with the club, then he would have been sacked by now. The results and performances are absolutely shocking.
It's not sentiment keeping him in the job because the people who are keeping him around dont care about what he has done for the club previously. It's clearly Woodward selling the long term rebuild bollocks to shield himself from getting called out for a failed 4th appointment. Mark my words, the day Ole gets sacked Woodward will lose a lot of his power or even find himself sacked too.

AneRu

This is insane but it follows an established pattern - praise Ole for the wins and blame the players for the losses. Where was this 'worst GK in the league' mantra when we were beating City and Spurs?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Have a word with yourself!

People are quid to forget when he was the best in the league and one of the few who has committed to staying
He's not the worst in the league but it's been around two years since his best in the league form. Joe Hart was as good as anyone at one point let's no forget.

De Gea's name looks good on paper when judging our squad but the reality is he has very little positive effect on our results and no effect on how we play with the ball.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

I was waiting for the punchline, thinking you were on some massive wind up, but you are actually serious aren't you?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.