Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So basically if there’s a breakaway European super league we might very well win the inaugural season when every team is assumed to be a top team we’ll go the first season without losing. Then the following season we’ll revert to being crap once the statuses are known ....

Now I see Ed and Ole’s masterplan put us down in history to rival Real Madrid

red thru&thru

We can talk all we like about injuries Ole has had to deal with, having a dog shite midfield etc etc but why does Ole continue with these crap tactics against the lesser teams. He does not mix it up and every manager know our predictable line up and style of play. This is all in Ole's remit to change and he doesn't.

The Firestarter

Worst points tally in the midseason point since I don't know how many decades, and people still trying to spin it in a positive way. Y'all should go work for Labour if you are that eager to decorate a turd.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I changed to keep a while ago. Not because I think he has what it takes. If the option "keep for the season and professionalise the club before hiring a top manager in the summer" I'd vote that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Standards have well and truly fallen. This is like Liverpool last under Daglish, except that he had actually won big trophies as a manager in the past. We're rooting for him because we are sentimental. He has no pedigree to be a united manager and I don't see the progress. He's had a year now and moyes got 8 months. My only concern with going with someone like Poch is that we have trend of hiring managers past it or coming off a low point. We hired LVG when he was managing a small team I've never heard off, we hired Jose coming his worst season ever, we hired Moyes, well just replacing with Moyes was just mental.

I was all in for Poch when we sacked Mourinho, but he just got fired for having Spurs performing as badly as us, so I'm not really he's the right person step in and instill confidence that he can bring succes.
Dalglish the following season, actually won a league cup (their first trophy for 6 years) & got to the FA cup final too. They still got rid of him for coming 8th, citing poor results.

What are we going to win this season i wonder? We'll likely be out of the two domestic competitions in a few weeks.

Can you imagine if Ole lucks out and produces similar results this season? Fans will want him knighted no doubt.

We're going nowhere. The sooner this nostalgia filled mind trip that the fans are on ends, the better.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I've seen enough. counter attacking and counter attacking only is not progress.

bonothom

You missed his second season meltdown? He fell out with everyone after the club failed to sign Lukaku and you think he would be a good choice for us knowing Ed and the Glazer's? :lol:
If he won the title then I wouldn't care less what he did in his second season. You can mot deny that he's gone in at Inter and immediately turned them into challengers something United haven't been since Fergie left. And with this current mentality of settling for mid table shit then I can't see anything improving for us for a long time.

bonothom

Hey the flip flippers have been back in voting for the sack again. The glow of beating City has worn off for the flip floppers.

Paul_Scholes18

We could keep him to the summer and go for a better manager then. Although we need to get that one spot on and go for the right players in the summer.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Pedantic comment here, but what's with this new tendency of measuring time in terms of transfer windows? I.e. "give Ole two or three more windows". It's not like we normally spend money in January anyway.

bonothom

We could keep him to the summer and go for a better manager then. Although we need to get that one spot on and go for the right players in the summer.
That's wasted time. That will mean a new manager will have zero time to add the players he wants.

manunited1919

I agree with you but at the same this is the real world. The Glazers are not going to sell the club unless they get a ridiculous amount of money. If they do not sell, they are not going to kick Woodward down the hole either. So it is the Manager that takes the can for everything. If this was Jose he would have been crucified by now. At least Jose won two trophies in the EL and the League Cup. LVG won the FA Cup too. Ole is not going to win anything.
Even if we get the best DOF we still would not win under Ole because he simply does not have any idea. Look at the way we play. We are set up wrong from the start. We are not Molde in the Norwegian League.
The people who crucified Jose and who are also doing a campaign to drive Pogba out of United support and protect Ole 100% because it allows them to have more influence over the club. Otherwise, Ole would have been sacked already.
Ed & the Glazers don’t really care if he is a legend or not.

I agree Ole needs to leave. But we also more than anything need to have a DOF. I don’t think a DOF means Ed isn’t involved in the club and perhaps also involved in transfer negotiations. To the contrary, Ed’s role as CEO will be easier if a respected figure such as Van Der Sar is appointed DOF.

R'hllor

Really dont mind the normal ones on both sides, in or out but those who throwing insults at Ole for no reason and those with sheep mentality on their high horses, thinking they are wise, spinning stuff on propaganda level, oh man.

reddevil80

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Much like Ole's game plans.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did you think the same with Moyes & Jose?

The 3 criteria you posted are some serious clutching at straws and wasn’t what I asked, how bad does it have to get for you? 15th? Relegation scrap?
It's exactly what you asked, you asked how bad would it have to get before I'd want Ole sacked and I answered it, worse than it is now which all things considered isn't as bad as it could be

izec

He is probably still trying out the same things he did months back and wondering why it doesnt work. I mean we havent changed anything the way we play with possession against lower table teams from the end of last season or beginning of this season. It is hilarious if it wasnt so tragic.

dove

One of the worst managers we had in 50 years and yet he still has nearly 50% support... feck me we deserve all the shite we get, our fans are deluded.

Red & White

I’ve been following United for 30 years. I desperately want OGS to succeed. Desperately. We have just lost, comfortably, to the team that is bottom of the league. This is with our best 11, bar Pogba, who came on in the second half. This is after a draw at home against a very poor Everton side. I really don’t understand how any fan cannot be concerned with this and are looking to put the blame on a team/ squad that is clearly better than the team at the bottom of the table. I mean, come on, all of us that want things to be better and believe we are going in the right direction, what are your genuine thoughts on this result? Put aside agendas, what do you believe this says about the way the team is being set up? 2-0 loss to the bottom side in the premier league.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Your attempt at insults are trash, just like your opinions on football and politics. Your username is ironic.
Hmm, smell a butthurt...I didn’t judge you, never mind “attempted to insult” you, man. You started by calling me a bad poster and then got offended.
If you want to start a fight, learn to keep track of what you are posting. The best thing, as I said earlier, just stuck to the cartoons. There are newer ones for you to watch. Tom&Jerry, for example. Catch up.

Last edited:

Dve

No evidence that is what the plan is, it’s mid table tactics, sit back and hit on the break. That’s plan A but it doesn’t work against most of the teams in the league.

Everton, Watford, Newcastle and Burnley, Ole’s par is 4 points and he’s well on course for that.
Tactics me here and tactics me there. United created more than enough chances, and individual errors costed United the game.

Murphy

For the sake of my personal wellbeing & mental health would Woodward please just get on with the inevitable. I will always love Ole & will have no hard feelings, but unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. Let's start 2020 with a qualified manager with fresh ideas - *Looks at Pochettino*

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d give him the summer window ideally, then next season, he’s on sack watch if he cannot then our fortunes.

Giggsyking

every minute he spends at the club is bringing us more to the end as a big club, by the time he is sacked, it will be too late and too difficult to come back from that. This manager is not at the level of managing one of the greatest football clubs with 600 m supporter around the world. His level is a small Norwegian team with 20k supporters, that is his level, and even that level is big for him. I wish we wake up tomorrow on the news of sacking him, but I know it wont happen. The respect I have for him is gone as a manager, because he has no respect for himself and have no love left in him to the club. If he truly loves the club, then he should go to Ed in the early morning and hand in his resignation, but he will not do that, he will not walk away from 6m pounds a year. Imagine being so shit at your job, yet you get 6m pounds a year, why would you leave that?

Superden

No plan other than hoping the pace of the front 3 makes something happen. Defensively we are e very easy to unsettle too. Worst team in the league at attacking corners, and not very good at defending them either.

It's exactly what you asked, you asked how bad would it have to get before I'd want Ole sacked and I answered it, worse than it is now which all things considered isn't as bad as it could be
So knocked out by City, knocked out by Wolves and the continuation of this form heading for 50 point finish... you still want him to see the season out or is there a point you say, sorry not for me?
If we are 9th come mid Feb and out of the cups?

Josep Dowling

Hey the flip flippers have been back in voting for the sack again. The glow of beating City has worn off for the flip floppers.
I still find it amazing how split the fan base are on this even though we have been in our worst position in years.

I get fans want it to work with Ole. Of course we do, he’s an ex-player getting his dream job. It would be an amazing story if he was successful.

el3mel

I’d give him the summer window ideally, then next season, he’s on sack watch if he cannot then our fortunes.
If he goes on and signs more players that favor defensive style and playing on the counter like the 3 he signed, that will hurt us even more long term. Ideally he should get this season and just that. His vision in signing and play style isn't something to warrant more transfer markets. He will probably just make us even more defensive and counter attacking, while the target should be playing offensive football.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I keep saying this. Because Ole is the first manager since Fergie to attempt a rebuild that doesn't mean he's the best at it or only one that can do it.

Bestielob

Ole said in his last press conference "Expect more inconsistent results"
If Moyes had said that, the banner and a plane would be at the ready to fly over OT. But because Ole is loved by the fans as a player, he gets a pass.
Notice i said "Loved as a player"
The guy is tactically clueless, as are his coaching staff.
Time to go Ole.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Ole said in his last press conference "Expect more inconsistent results"
If Moyes had said that, the banner and a plane would be at the ready to fly over OT. But because Ole is loved by the fans as a player, he gets a pass.
Notice i said "Loved as a player"
The guy is tactically clueless, as are his coaching staff.
Time to go Ole.
I don't get these stupid soundbites. Why is it we have to keep having crap results before we get good ones? It's insanity. Is it suddenly all just going to click or something? I could understand it if the players were learning some kind of new elaborate system, but there isn't one.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he goes on and signs more players that favor defensive style and playing on the counter like the 3 he signed, that will hurt us even more long term. Ideally he should get this season and just that. His vision in signing and play style isn't something to warrant more transfer markets. He will probably just make us even more defensive and counter attacking, while the target should be playing offensive football.
I don’t think we’re near seeing what his ultimate vision is. I do agree with you that this counter attacking plan is not the answer and is too reactive for a team who wants to win things, but I think it’s too early to say that is the case.

Personally, I think this is just phase one. Laying some foundations in terms of culture and attitude. Phase two is crucial. He needs to get more quality, especially in the middle of the park, as we cannot keep setting up to stop teams beating us first and foremost, and need to try and go and win first and foremost.

I just think if we change now, we’ll never see the butterfly, and we will always be at the caterpillar phase and will continue to happen if we keep changing managers. Obviously there is a limit, but so long as Ole seems to have a semblance of a vision and the players are playing for him - I am with him - for now!

arthurka

No need waiting any longer, we arent getting any better. The sooner we get someone in to work on attacking patterns the better.

el3mel

I don’t think we’re near seeing what his ultimate vision is. I do agree with you that this counter attacking plan is not the answer and is too reactive for a team who wants to win things, but I think it’s too early to say that is the case.

Personally, I think this is just phase one. Laying some foundations in terms of culture and attitude. Phase two is crucial. He needs to get more quality, especially in the middle of the park, as we cannot keep setting up to stop teams beating us first and foremost, and need to try and go and win first and foremost.

I just think if we change now, we’ll never see the butterfly, and we will always be at the caterpillar phase and will continue to happen if we keep changing managers. Obviously there is a limit, but so long as Ole seems to have a semblance of a vision and the players are playing for him - I am with him - for now!
For me it is so obvious by just looking at the players he just signed, that this is his plan and nothing else. As I mentioned in another post, he signed a slow defender that can't play in a high line, a very defensive fullback and a winger whose trick is to run with pace in spaces and cross. Hardly any of his signings were suited for offensive football. They all favor playing defensive and hitting opposition on the counter, rather than doing things while having possession. I'm not sure if that wasn't his plan for the team why he would sign 3 players that favor just that. Could have favored signing players that favor possession and doing things with the ball in the feet, or a more pacey defender to play a high line but nope. For this, I honestly don't like his vision and don't want it to rule here. I have seen nothing of him to suggest it will be anything different than that. He will probably sign on more players that are good on the counter and builds a more defensive team that is just more efficient on the counter.

Giggsyking

I don't get these stupid soundbites. Why is it we have to keep having crap results before we get good ones? It's insanity. Is it suddenly all just going to click or something? I could understand it if the players were learning some kind of new elaborate system, but there isn't one.
It is the easiest excuse a clueless novice manager can give to buy as much time as he can to fool some of the fans (and the board if they are incompetent enough) to stay as long as possible in a job that he will never ever ever be near when he will be sacked. He knows it, his fan club knows it, and I bet even our board knows it but they are afraid to sack him because that will make them look more stupid than the manager himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.