Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceboyRSA

Tis the season for goodwill, but I fear the goodwill ole had in the bank is running out. Much more of this and he is gone sooner rather than later.

Rolaholic

I like his approach to recruitment and how he carries himself overall but its starting to be clearer and clearer as the weeks go by that he's a bit in over his head tactically.

12 points from 13 matches against lower table sides is inexcusable tbh,especially in contrast to how the same group perform against the supposed top sides in the league.

There's a big disconnect somewhere and I'm starting to think it starts in the coaching room

Joseunited

Still bitchy about the sack :lol: ?

I don't think you're even an Utd fan, rather a Jose fan tbh. No fan could not have some hope after us beating Spurs and City and stop watching imho.

I run out of quota so have to reply you here.

You're calling for the mods and called my post rubbish but give no rational or logical explanation why you've decided to stop watching Utd ?
You questioned me being a Man United supporter, that is rubbish and quite honestly unacceptable.All because of a username,Christ sake.

Chairman Steve

The club and it's supporters needs to get real. This isn't a fairytale where the legend comes good in the end. Any other manager that isn't a club legend would have been hounded out ages ago and most clubs would have gotten rid of their club legend as well but unfortunately Manchester United is too obsessed with history and an idealized view of themselves, the new Liverpool indeed.
Exactly this. People are acting like this OGS tenure is like a stereotypical Hollywood movie script, and we‘re at the end of the second act where our hero is down, vulnerable and at their weakest and the third act is around the corner where our hero overcomes those obstacles and everything works out in the end. Life doesn’t work like that most of the time.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
1.We pick a style of play that allows us to beat other teams with a different style of play.
2. We appoint a manager (and director of football) who understands that style of play.
3. We buy players and train our academy to that style of play.
4. We win consistently.

We haven't done any of those things so we will keep losing a lot of football games. It's really that simple.

Tony247

Today lower teams are happy to have us possession as they know we don't have creativity to break down defenses. Pogba alone is not enough as he is no. 6 means he can creatively build up the attack but not very effective in small spaces around the box. A no. 10, LW and RW are used to unlock defense around 18 yard box, in tight spaces. Hence I believe two more genuine creative players and we will be much better.

Ole and this coaching staff have to go though.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
LVG won the FA Cup, wasn't given any time.

JM won the League Cup and Europa League, finished 2nd in the Prem (highest finish since SAF left), yet wasn't given any time.

Hell, even Moyes was signed to a 5 year contract and given less that 12 months.

And yet somehow Ole needs to be given time? This board has just become ridiculous.
It takes a very special person to see clear incompetence and label it as progress. He’s gotta he a scouser in disguise or something.

Red00012

Finally changed my vote to sack. Feel he needed time to at least Christmas to prove himself but here we are. I would have liked to see some consistency but I don’t think this is going to improve. Yes there have been injuries but we shouldn’t be losing 2-0 to Watford.

Time to give Pochettino a shot. I really do feel like this is our level now. Very depressing.
So Poch comes in and Lingard won’t stop scoring goals , Shaw will become a world class left back and Fred will become a midfield general yes ?

Red00012

Saw a stat that we have a 7% win ratio with Ole in games that we havent been awarded a penalty
Great stat.
You know penalties are awarded because you’ve stopped a goal scoring chance ?

Also we’ve missed 4 penalties as well

Untd55

So Poch comes in and Lingard won’t stop scoring goals , Shaw will become a world class left back and Fred will become a midfield general yes ?
The team is better than the level that Solskjaer has it performing. Do you really think that 2 wins in 12 against teams outside the top six is good enough?

Do you legitimately believe that the likes of Watford, Sheffield, Everton, Newcastle and Bournemouth have better teams than us?

If your answer is no to both, it is an inevitable conclusion that Solskjaer has the team underperforming.

It is not all about Lingard and co. It is about the rest of the team.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We decided to rebuild our team and decided to go for the most unproven manager available. Mourinho LVG and Moyes can't carry out a rebuild but at least they were proven.

What we need is a manager that knows how to rebuild a squad. This is why Mourinho LVG and Moyes failed. Not because they weren't proven but because none of them have rebuilt a squad that's as shit as ours. 4 times we've hired different managers and we expect them to carry out a rebuild that none of them have done in their lives before

bonothom

10 points off relegation, 7 points off 4th. Mired in mid table mediocrity and accepted by 49%.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
i wonder if I created a “Redcafe in Meltdown” twitter feed and posted some of the absolute shite people are using to defend Ole, that only then would they realize they’d sound like the scousers pre-klopp.

Red00012

The team is better than the level that Solskjaer has it performing. Do you really think that 2 wins in 12 against teams outside the top six is good enough?

Do you legitimately believe that the likes of Watford, Sheffield, Everton, Newcastle and Bournemouth have better teams than us?

If your answer is no to both, it is an inevitable conclusion that Solskjaer has the team underperforming.

It is not all about Lingard and co. It is about the rest of the team.
So Is it all down to the players then when we beat City, Chelsea twice , Spurs and the only team to take points off the Scousers ??

bonothom

Lukaku must be laughing at United. Top of the table with Inter. Conte has gone in there and in less time than Ole turned them into title challengers in a league dominated by Juventus for years. Just goes to show that Conte knows what he's doing. Did the same here in his first season at Chelsea.

bonothom

Inter finished 21 points behind Juventus last season. Conte would have been a decent choice for United with his record. Still we have a legend in charge and even though we are shit that doesn't matter cos Ole's a legend.

Bojan11

Lukaku must be laughing at United. Top of the table with Inter. Conte has gone in there and in less time than Ole turned them into title challengers in a league dominated by Juventus for years. Just goes to show that Conte knows what he's doing. Did the same here in his first season at Chelsea.
Conte is a brilliant coach. Don’t know why people give him stick on here. He’s the reason Juve started dominating in the first place. They were clueless like us before he arrived there.

"That's Serie A, is completely different" or some other bollox.

The idea that a manager has to take a top side to mid-table in order to rebuild a side is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard, what are these people smoking?

Foxbatt

Only an imbecile would believe that Ole is going to win us trophies like the PL or the CL.

i wonder if I created a “Redcafe in Meltdown” twitter feed and posted some of the absolute shite people are using to defend Ole, that only then would they realize they’d sound like the scousers pre-klopp.
The only difference between here and RAWK pre-Klopp is that our mods allow people to say how shit Ole is, aside from that it resembles the same place with the levels of delusion some show.

BlueHaze

Inter finished 21 points behind Juventus last season. Conte would have been a decent choice for United with his record. Still we have a legend in charge and even though we are shit that doesn't matter cos Ole's a legend.
You missed his second season meltdown? He fell out with everyone after the club failed to sign Lukaku and you think he would be a good choice for us knowing Ed and the Glazer's? :lol:

Jericholyte2

You can’t blame Ole for De Gea’s mistake, you can’t lame Ole for AWB missing one of his usually great slide tackles.

But you can blame Ole for setting up the EXACT same way against another lower position team. Why we need that double pivot with only four attacking players on the pitch against Watford was beyond me.

passing-wind

That's a very one dimensional way to assess the credential of a manager coming in. Klopp / Guardiola wouldn't have them performing at the necessary level so does that make them as inept managerially as Solskjaer is ? What a ridiculous notion to base a point.

ash_86

Ole is doing the same thing expecting different results. There was absolutely no need to start Lingard after he was dreadful against Everton. One on one chance again and he missed again. Maybe with Pogba he would play less often. I certainly hope so.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The same clowns said Martial would make no difference when he returned
You make it sound like Messi or Ronaldo returned. Martial has been pretty average since returning.

Certainly an improvement on our other options, but pretty average none the less.

A World Class manager improves the entire team, players in the team tend to improve with that. Sterling for example is unrecognisable from the one Guardiola took over, as is Henderson.

Nick7

That's a very one dimensional way to assess the credential of a manager coming in. Klopp / Guardiola wouldn't have them performing at the necessary level so does that make them as inept managerially as Solskjaer is ? What a ridiculous notion to base a point.
It’s almost as good as the “Poch had Spurs playing badly this season too” as if the current Champions League winning manager didn’t have to leave his last job because his team was in the bottom 3.

Gomes

The same clowns said Martial would make no difference when he returned
Or maybe the same clowns who said McTominay being injured is the reason why United tied with Aston Villa and Sheffield.

Mr.Plow

He's set the bar so low that every time we win a couple of games there's a consensus that we've "turned the corner". How many false dawns is that now?

hobbers

A top manager turns any squad of players in to a team greater than the sum of its parts.

Crap managers' teams have their success firmly tied to the form of their best players.

Which one is Ole?

Red00012

A World Class manager improves the entire team, players in the team tend to improve with that. Sterling for example is unrecognisable from the one Guardiola took over, as is Henderson.
I don’t think the players I named can improve though, I think that’s their level

Status
Not open for further replies.