Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

The question shouldn't be whether we should sack or not Ole, it’s clear as day he will go and never manage again in any top league, But at the moment the only top available manager is Poch we might end out like Arsenal changing managers and appointing some unproven manager and end up in the same spot.

We need to think very carefully about our next move because we are falling year after year and it gets harder and harder to get back to the top, forget about challenging for titles or top 4, next season we will be aspiring to get europa league by the way things look now.

Red00012

That's a very one dimensional way to assess the credential of a manager coming in. Klopp / Guardiola wouldn't have them performing at the necessary level so does that make them as inept managerially as Solskjaer is ? What a ridiculous notion to base a point.
You’re missing my point I think , I’m saying the players that Ole has aren’t good enough.

The Bloody-Nine

You’re missing my point I think , I’m saying the players that Ole has aren’t good enough.
They were good enough to play the champions off the park at their stadium. But they're not good enough to beat bottom of the league Watford? Really?

Greck

As certain as death and taxes. We will continue drawing and losing in these smaller games

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
One year later and the verdict must be not good enough. Results don’t lie.

Against top four teams our counter attacking style works but against the rest we look totally clueless. Apart from Pogba we have zero creativity, our passing game and movements is almost invisible and our build ups are predictable and slow. All of this is one the manager.

Ole is a good guy but as a manager he’s out of his depths.

Nick7

Ole wouldn’t either if he had other options. He doesn’t
Shouldn’t he have recognised that before the summer and put his foot down about getting better in? He seemed fairly happy with the squad when the window shut.

They were good enough to play the champions off the park at their stadium. But they're not good enough to beat bottom of the league Watford? Really?
Mental acrobatics at it's finest, the next reply will be "young squad, expect inconsistency".

My question to the likes of @starman @Wumminator @DVG7 @charlenefan is... how bad does it have to get before you admit that Ole maybe isn't the right man for this rebuild?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I haven’t changed my vote once since I decided he is not up to it. A nothing manager.

Red00012

Off the park ? We played half an hour in the 1st half that blew them away. We had 29% possession.

Yes they’re not good enough because they don’t have the ability to break down teams that sit. Only when Pogba came on did we start playing through balls.

Red00012

Shouldn’t he have recognised that before the summer and put his foot down about getting better in? He seemed fairly happy with the squad when the window shut.
It looks like we were trying to sign players (Dybala, Mandzukic) He’s not going to say any different after the window has closed to be fair .

The Bloody-Nine

Off the park ? We played half an hour in the 1st half that blew them away. We had 29% possession.

Yes they’re not good enough because they don’t have the ability to break down teams that sit. Only when Pogba came on did we start playing through balls.
Or, perhaps the manager hasn't got a clue how to adapt his tactics outside of his plan A. I'm sick of people blaming the players to excuse a poor manager who wouldn't be in the job if he hadn't played for us.

passing-wind

Even this notion is not good enough, you would have a point if all of us today were talking about a champions league fixture against a semi good opposition, but we are talking about Watford ffs with Troy Deeney leading the charge.

el3mel

We signed a slow defender who doesn't have enough pace to play high line, a very defensive full back and a winger whose only trick is to run in space and cross. By all means that's Ole's master plan for United, to play defensive, counter attacking football against all sides. A style of play that no one wanted to see at United but now it has been applied over a full half of a season and led to us struggling against every low block and defensive team thanks to our players operating only well in open spaces.

Ole hasn't improved that at all, on the contrary he went on and signed 3 players that suit that even more. He's responsible for it.

I don't like his vision for the team and the way his signings whatever good or not has helped in increasing the problem of us being useless in possession and playing offensive football.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mental acrobatics at it's finest, the next reply will be "young squad, expect inconsistency".

My question to the likes of @starman @Wumminator @DVG7 @charlenefan is... how bad does it have to get before you admit that Ole maybe isn't the right man for this rebuild?
It has to get much worse than 7 points off 4th place, into the SF of the league cup and top of the EL group for me to be calling for him to be sacked mid season

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When we beat Newcastle and some other dross, it will be again Ole in for most fans.
This thread is a like groundhog day

Womp

idiot
We are going to dawdle, persisting with Ole when it's clear he isn't the one. While we dawdle we will miss out on the great managerial talent currently available, which leaves us choosing from what's left as always.

manunited1919

Only an imbecile would believe that Ole is going to win us trophies like the PL or the CL.
So true. But this goes beyond Ole, it is the whole Brexit strategy that is wrong and must be ditched, our transfers this summer were wrong-headed, specially the Maguire bit. Ole has been one of the people behind the strategy, sure, but he is not the only one. I would hate for Ole’s head to roll and for the same people to continue having great influence in our transfer decisions.

We need the best talent we can get for all positions, regardless where they are from. And most of all, we need a DOF to be given an anual budget and develop our squad. Van der Sar has hinted he would love the job, and he would be perfect for us. Come on, we need to start doing something to at least start turning this ship.

Un4givableB

Lukaku must be laughing at United. Top of the table with Inter. Conte has gone in there and in less time than Ole turned them into title challengers in a league dominated by Juventus for years. Just goes to show that Conte knows what he's doing. Did the same here in his first season at Chelsea.
From the hard of thinking "But Lukaku only scores against sh*te teams".

Yeah, sh*te teams like Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Ham, etc.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

Fair enough.

I think if we got to the end of the season and results are still as inconsistent I would be worried. I'm thinking for this formation and personnel to work we will need Pogba back and another attacking reinforcement.

AneRu

I look at my country, Zimbabwe, then I look at United and I see some striking similarities that brought me to the conclusion that you can't solve a problem with the mindset and thinkers that caused it in the first place. Forget about sacking Ole if the same fool that hired him and the three clowns before him is going to be hiring his replacement.

Bad as he may be at some aspects of his job one thing you can be guaranteed with Ole is that he will make the best decision possible for the club and that's as good as it gets with Woodward in charge. Come summer he going to make another half arsed attempt at a rebuild, possible sacrifice Ole and bring in crowd favorite, Pochettino, who he will screw over again by sabotaging him in the market.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The culture is toxic at the club. Something is rotten in the state of denmark!

It is pointless sacking Ole and then keeping guys like Lingard.

Foxbatt

So true. But this goes beyond Ole, it is the whole Brexit strategy that is wrong and must be ditched, our transfers this summer were wrong-headed, specially the Maguire bit. Ole has been one of the people behind the strategy, sure, but he is not the only one. I would hate for Ole’s head to roll and for the same people to continue having great influence in our transfer decisions.

We need the best talent we can get for all positions, regardless where they are from. And most of all, we need a DOF to be given an anual budget and develop our squad. Van der Sar has hinted he would love the job, and he would be perfect for us. Come on, we need to start doing something to at least start turning this ship.
I agree with you but at the same this is the real world. The Glazers are not going to sell the club unless they get a ridiculous amount of money. If they do not sell, they are not going to kick Woodward down the hole either. So it is the Manager that takes the can for everything. If this was Jose he would have been crucified by now. At least Jose won two trophies in the EL and the League Cup. LVG won the FA Cup too. Ole is not going to win anything.
Even if we get the best DOF we still would not win under Ole because he simply does not have any idea. Look at the way we play. We are set up wrong from the start. We are not Molde in the Norwegian League.

thejtrain

I haven’t changed my vote once since I decided he is not up to it. A nothing manager.
Same here. I'm surprised 1-2% change their mind every week, but I would like to think they are doing it for kicks and giggles.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Yup these people we saying Liverpool were going to beat us 0-5, Spurs batter us, same with City etc
They are clueless just as the people they claiming to be like and actually were disappointed when we didn't lose those games
I thought we could beat City, was very happy we did, and I’ve been Ole out since the summer. I’ll find the post where I mentioned we could beat City and not really fluke it.

Here you go
If we play like we did vs Spurs, no reason why it be a fluke especially with City being defensively vulnerable and also having Aguero out. Can see our counter game doing real damage esp if Martial returns

Last edited:
It has to get much worse than 7 points off 4th place, into the SF of the league cup and top of the EL group for me to be calling for him to be sacked mid season
Did you think the same with Moyes & Jose?

The 3 criteria you posted are some serious clutching at straws and wasn’t what I asked, how bad does it have to get for you? 15th? Relegation scrap?

Fair enough.

I think if we got to the end of the season and results are still as inconsistent I would be worried. I'm thinking for this formation and personnel to work we will need Pogba back and another attacking reinforcement.
Fair enough, so not much worse basically but more time given to improve it. I’ll take that as reasonable enough.

starman

You make it sound like Messi or Ronaldo returned. Martial has been pretty average since returning.

Certainly an improvement on our other options, but pretty average none the less.
No, its relative to what we have. You make up your own interpretation how you like

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Klopp has Henderson looking the part. He has Milner keeping up at 34. You know what he would improve our players and do much much better with them then Ole

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Progress with what exactly?

Do we have a better squad this season? No

Do we have more points than last season? No

Do we play better football than last season? No

Has the 3 signings that Ole made improved us? Questionable.

No other club the size of Manchester United would accept being 8th in the league when spending £150m in the transfer window yet again. We consistently spend more than every other club in the league except City yet we are no where near the top 4 let alone the title.

If I saw progress I would allow him more time but when we can only beat teams on the counter that simply isn’t good enough.
Standards have well and truly fallen. This is like Liverpool last under Daglish, except that he had actually won big trophies as a manager in the past. We're rooting for him because we are sentimental. He has no pedigree to be a united manager and I don't see the progress. He's had a year now and moyes got 8 months. My only concern with going with someone like Poch is that we have trend of hiring managers past it or coming off a low point. We hired LVG when he was managing a small team I've never heard off, we hired Jose coming his worst season ever, we hired Moyes, well just replacing with Moyes was just mental.

I was all in for Poch when we sacked Mourinho, but he just got fired for having Spurs performing as badly as us, so I'm not really he's the right person step in and instill confidence that he can bring succes.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This was very predictable. I cannot see what will change. Maybe we could improve slightly with some very good buys, but it's not enough.

PoTMS

Do people genuinely think it's going to suddenly click with Ole? It's painfully obvious he hasn't got a clue nor has any of his backroom staff.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

This argument is getting really tiresome. If you think that Watford sat back against us then we were watching different games. All they did was apply basic tactics. When they're attacking they flood forward with numbers and when they're defending they take up their defensive positions. Basic football but the most important of all is they work as a unit. Not like us who have no idea of team cohesion. That's tactics and that's down to the manager.

Thiagoal

The good news is that these players are capable of dominating the European champions, beating a great City side away from home and beating other top four contenders ‘comfortably’ The bad news is that against the mediocre teams we a) don’t look motivated and b) are clueless on how to create decent chances!

The massive positive (and reason I’m still optimistic about Ole) is that improving our attacking against the fodder is much easier to fix than taking points off the top six! I believe we’re a couple of signings away from a big turnaround and therefore happy to give Ole two more transfer windows

Status
Not open for further replies.