Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Van Gonads

I think the issue for a lot of people is their emotional tie to Ole and the fact that they really want someone like him in charge. He is nice, positive, well spoken, and harkens back to an era we are all nostalgic for, but I think games like these bring us crashing down to earth.

He can’t coach a football team. There is no movement, no structure to the play, no philosophy and no zip or speed to the passing. It is football played by a squad that are doing the very basics in training to function as a football team.

He should be thanked and well thought of for expunging the ill feeling in the squad after Jose, but the rebuild needs to go to someone with clear ideas and someone who can coach.

United are sitting on Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Gomes, Lindelof, McTominey, James, AWB, Dalot, Tuanzabe, all under 25 and in need of coaching to fulfil their potential.

We are not in a position to waste so much young talent.

Let’s get Poch in and enhance what we have got. We are wasting time, we can’t waste what resources we have left too.
Agreed. I think we need to pull the trigger immediately and give a new manager this window to bring a couple of players in. I don't see any benefit in waiting until the summer like some have suggested.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think the issue for a lot of people is their emotional tie to Ole and the fact that they really want someone like him in charge. He is nice, positive, well spoken, and harkens back to an era we are all nostalgic for, but I think games like these bring us crashing down to earth.

He can’t coach a football team. There is no movement, no structure to the play, no philosophy and no zip or speed to the passing. It is football played by a squad that are doing the very basics in training to function as a football team.

He should be thanked and well thought of for expunging the ill feeling in the squad after Jose, but the rebuild needs to go to someone with clear ideas and someone who can coach.

United are sitting on Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Gomes, Lindelof, McTominey, James, AWB, Dalot, Tuanzabe, all under 25 and in need of coaching to fulfil their potential.

Let’s get Poch in and enhance what we have got. We are wasting time, we can’t waste what resources we have left too.
Well said mate!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Well said.

red4ever 79

Promote this guy

Anustart89

We're definitely not getting Top 4 with Ole in charge. We're just too badly coached as a team to have the consistency required to catch up and stay in the top 4. Even with a couple new players in January, I'd say we won't get top 4 with Ole.

So essentially we have two scenarios
a) Keep Ole, +/- invest in players, miss out on CL
b) Sack Ole, invest in a new manager, +/- invest in players, potentially gain CL.

If we choose option a), we're not going to be able to recruit players to take us into the top 4 anytime soon, thus we'll have committed to staying out of the top 4 for the foreseeable future. If we choose option b), we might be able to attract players by having the pulling power of a top manager or by virtue of being in the CL. If we manage to get ourselves in the CL then the economic gain will offset the one lost by sacking and hiring managers, plus putting us in a better position to strengthen the team come summer.

In all likelihood, we won't buy any players in January. Ole will stay until summer, we'll have a shit season, lose out on the CL, buy Sean Longstaff, Declan Rice and Wilf Zaha in the summer and then the hierarchy will be scratching their heads at how they managed to become a mid-table team.

thejtrain

Great post!

passing-wind

low standard !!!!!
We have the youngest squad in the division
The worst midfield at the club for decades
Our “best “ player only cares about himself and has missed 90 % of the season so far
He has signed 3 players who have probably settled better than any other 3 signings of the past decade
We are in the semi finals if the lge cup
We finished top of our Euro group
We are 2 place outside the champions lge places .
For gods sake get off the guys back what on earth did you think would happen when we sold Lukaku , loaned out Sanchez and let Herrera’s contract run down without replacing any of them .
Give the guy a break
Those sound like excuses to me. You throw Liverpool's midfield that got them to a UCL final of Henderson, Wjnaldum and Milner and they will be as effective as Mctominay, Fred and Pereria. It was Ole's decision to omit Lukaku / Sanchez throwing away some of the established players for younger ones, which fans pick and choose being a positive (getting rid of dead wood) and also an excuse (complaining about the squads age).

When we had our first full team to start the season with no injuries in three games we W1 D1 L1. The detestable results manifested long before fans could use injuries as an excuse.

Considering the majority of our losses / poor results this season have come from lower league opposition with inferior quality squads, it exemplifies the extent of how brown nosed many fans are to Solskjaer's behind. The reality is he is underachieving and has thus admitted so himself.

My fear with Ole is irrespective if we spend 200 million or 500 under his tenure his capabilities will only get us to a position outside the top four. He's failed as a manager in the most competitive playing environments. It's no surprise he's got the biggest job in the country and is .....failing.

passing-wind

150% correct. So many fans are too emotionally tied with the manager.

LJJT

So if he can’t coach a team why doesn’t everyone do what he did vs city? I get he’s far from immune to criticism but I find criticism of his “coaching” weird cos non of us are on the training pitch with him. I’d be surprised if he does any coaching to be honest. Fergie didn’t

Excellent post mate but I think one big thing many are missing is this:

The issue for many fans is they desperately want to see a rebuild, they want to see players like Greenwood given a chance and they desperately wanted certain players gone that they see as mercenaries. These fans have married this vision to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer rather than the club and are terrified that sacking Ole will mean the end of that and a step back to Mourinho type management.

The thing is, Ole doesn't need to be around to complete this rebuild and by all accounts all 3 signings and outgoings were made by the transfer board in which Ole is but one vote and a veto. This is the club's new vision and there's no reason at all that the vision can't continue with a proven top manager who wants to be a part of it.

fergiesarmy1

Excellent post mate but I think one big thing many are missing is this.

The issue for many fans is they desperately want to see a rebuild, they want to see players like Greenwood given a chance and they desperately wanted certain players gone that they see as mercenaries. They have married this vision to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer rather than the club and are terrified that sacking Ole will mean a step back to Mourinho type management.

The thing is, Ole doesn't need to be around to complete this rebuild and by all accounts all 3 signings and outgoings were made by the transfer board in which Ole is but one vote and a veto. This is the club's new vision and there's no reason at all that the vision can't continue with a proven top manager who wants to be a part of it.
If we bin Ole it’s reset the clock time, I’d rather him in charge than a Ancelotti, Jose type who only cares about his tenure. Ole does care

Foxbatt

So if he can’t coach a team why doesn’t everyone do what he did vs city? I get he’s far from immune to criticism but I find criticism of his “coaching” weird cos non of us are on the training pitch with him. I’d be surprised if he does any coaching to be honest. Fergie didn’t
Actually Fergie did his coaching in the earlier days. It is only once we starting to win titles regularly that he took a step backwards and let Carlos and Rene do the coaching. Why did we beat City? Easy Pep was going to play the same way he plays no matter what. That led to the space behind their reshuffled central defence for our forwards to exploit. Lets see what happens when we play them the next time around. Pep will still play the same way.

If we bin Ole it’s reset the clock time, I’d rather him in charge than a Ancelotti, Jose type who only cares about his tenure. Ole does care
There you go, my point proven within just 3 minutes. :)

As I said, the club have a vision now, and the next manager should follow that so if Ole is replaced, Poch (who is experienced at squad building and using his academy) is much more likely to get the job than say Carlo Ancelotti.

Snuffkin

Ole had a bit of a dikkyfit when asked about the rvp comment, methinks he us under pressure.

ShinjiNinja26

Excellent post mate but I think one big thing many are missing is this:

The issue for many fans is they desperately want to see a rebuild, they want to see players like Greenwood given a chance and they desperately wanted certain players gone that they see as mercenaries. These fans have married this vision to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer rather than the club and are terrified that sacking Ole will mean the end of that and a step back to Mourinho type management.

This is why it’s so important to have a director of football in place who can instil a vision and philosophy at the club regardless of who the manager is. You hire managers and players that fit the clubs ethos not the other way about.

This is why it’s so important to have a director of football in place who can instil a vision and philosophy at the club regardless of who the manager is. You hire managers and players that fit the clubs ethos not the other way about.
I think the transfer board and the advisory board with SAF, Gill, Charlton etc can act as a DoF in this sense. That's obviously what has been going on in the background as Ole/Phelan are 100% a Fergie/Gill idea and I'd imagine the transfer board is also.

I don't think we'll get a DoF, but we might finally have another structure that can fill in there and do that job.

Giggsyking

What does that mean? I also care, should I be the manager. He does not have the quality to be the manager of the biggest team in England. This is not the fecking Norwegian league, and we are not Molde with 25k supporter. It is a 4 billion club with the largest fan base in the world with ½ a billion supporter.

fergiesarmy1

There you go, my point proven within just 3 minutes. :)

As I said, the club have a vision now, and the next manager should follow that so if Ole is replaced, Poch (who is experienced at squad building and using his academy) is much more likely to get the job than say Carlo Ancelotti.
I’m happy with Ole, am I concerned? Yes, that smiling after the arsenal defeat made him look weak.

He needs to have a good window or else he is in trouble

fergiesarmy1

What does that mean? I also care, should I be the manager. He does not have the quality to be the manager of the biggest team in England. This is not the fecking Norwegian league, and we are not Molde with 25k supporter. It is a 4 billion club with the largest fan base in the world with ½ a billion supporter.
It’s just any clown manager is concerned about himself, Ole is concerned about the club (IMHO)

Which part? A guy who clearly only wants the best for united or we could employ another Jose type whose all about himself?
You do realise that Ole and Mourinho are at completely opposite ends of the scale here? There isn't just an "Ole" or a "Mourinho", plenty of top managers would love this rebuilding job, love using the academy and love building for the future.

The "If we bin Ole it’s reset the clock time" part. Nonsense.
I mean it could be true, we could bin him and reappoint Jose.

Most likely though, the club have started down this road because they know they need to go about it a different way, and if they bin Ole they won't replace him with a guy who wants to rip up this project, they'll want to replace him with a top manager who likes the project and wants to run with it.

90 + 5min

Well, you think wrong. There is no emotional tie in it. Did you see anyone being emotional and wanting to keep Ryan Giggs after his cartaker stint? So why should we have emotional ties with Solskjaer?

I think that it is wierd and very strange how a manager who is so bad in coaching according to some and as some fans here call him (idiot, deluded, cluless, stupid and so on) still manage to have us fighting for 4th place and on every front we are competing. Despite having injury hit and thin (average for now) squad. He must be doing something right? Or is it just a fluke?

But sure, lets get Poch in and we be world champions tommorow.

fergiesarmy1

You do realise that Ole and Mourinho are at completely opposite ends of the scale here? There isn't just an "Ole" or a "Mourinho", plenty of top managers would love this rebuilding job, love using the academy and love building for the future.
I’m sure they would, we already tried a useless prick called Moyes, LVG was depressing, Jose was the most disappointing thing I’ve ever seen as I though he “wanted” it.

Ole is repairing the damage of these three clowns

dove

Looks like the clan is against me again but I love Ole sorry about that
Ole is a good guy, speaks well and does his best. Unfortunately he is just a bad manager and will leave us in the worst state compared to all other managers post SAF. That's unfortunate but quite a few people saw it coming.

fergiesarmy1

Ole is a good guy, speaks well and does his best. Unfortunately he is just a bad manager and will leave us in the worst state compared to all other managers post SAF. That's unfortunate but quite a few people saw it coming.
If he does get the Spanish archer he’s done better than the last 3 clowns clearly, by the way we are still doing ok unless you expected a title challenge and kylie to give you a titty dance.

dove

If he does get the Spanish archer he’s done better than the last 3 clowns clearly, by the way we are still doing ok unless you expected a title challenge and kylie to give you a titty dance.
Titty dance would have been nice, yeah. And no, he won't do better than the last 3 clowns. Ole is the worst manager of all clowns we had post SAF, doesn't matter which way you look at it.

fergiesarmy1

Titty dance would have been nice, yeah. And no, he won't do better than the last 3 clowns. Ole is the worst manager of all clowns we had post SAF, doesn't matter which way you look at it.
Really? He’s done better than Moyes clearly who took over the premiership champions sacked the back room staff and put his useless pricks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.