Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Well, you think wrong. There is no emotional tie in it. Did you see anyone being emotional and wanting to keep Ryan Giggs after his cartaker stint? So why should we have emotional ties with Solskjaer?

I think that it is wierd and very strange how a manager who is so bad in coaching according to some and as some fans here call him (idiot, deluded, cluless, stupid and so on) still manage to have us fighting for 4th place and on every front we are competing. Despite having injury hit and thin (average for now) squad. He must be doing something right? Or is it just a fluke?

But sure, lets get Poch in and we be world champions tommorow.
No it’s the same fans that wanted Moyes to have another summer. Mourinho to get full control and now Ole to lead us down the table.

It’s always these fans who are as deluded as the board. No details to there beliefs just some fairytale crap about culture, belief and mad hypotheticals like we’ll get another Mourinho.

fergiesarmy1

No it’s the same fans that wanted Moyes to have another summer. Mourinho to get full control and now Ole to lead us down the table.

It’s always these fans who are as deluded as the board. No details to there beliefs just some fairytale crap about culture, belief and mad hypotheticals like we’ll get another Mourinho.
Not true, I wanted Moyes out and celebrated when Jose got the bullet, the reason i like Ole is he’s not a prick and anyone that thinks he is should go and look in the mirror to be fair.

dove

Really? He’s done better than Moyes clearly who took over the premiership champions sacked the back room staff and put his useless pricks in.
Well, I am not going to compare Moyes with Ole, they are both terrible :lol:

Mainoldo

Not true, I wanted Moyes out and celebrated when Jose got the bullet, the reason i like Ole is he’s not a prick and anyone that thinks he is should go and look in the mirror to be fair.
But what does that matter. Ryan Giggs slept with his brothers wife. On the outside looking in he’s a prick... but I love him as a football player. Ole is a very poor manager and I couldn’t care how nice he is as a guy. We need a quality manager like we need quality players. I won’t to see players like Dan James turn into Adama Traore’s. Pochettino can do it. Ole cant.

ShinjiNinja26

No one dislikes the man as a person, he’s clearly a very nice guy and is a club legend as a player. That alone however shouldn’t give him a free pass as a manager when it seems he isn’t cut out for the job.

fergiesarmy1

But what does that matter. Ryan Giggs slept with his brothers wife. On the outside looking in he’s a prick... but I love him as a football player. Ole is a very poor manager and I couldn’t care how nice he is as a guy. We need a quality manager like we need quality players. I won’t to see players like Dan James turn into Adama Traore’s. Pochettino can do it. Ole cant.
Me and you have arguments mainly to do with he who shall not be named but bringing a legend like giggs into it who fecked his sister in law is pathetic. Nothing to do with this conversation and is usually a city fans counter argument. I’d expect better from you.

fergiesarmy1

No one dislikes the man as a person, he’s clearly a very nice guy and is a club legend as a player. That alone however shouldn’t give him a free pass as a manager when it seems he isn’t cut out for the job.
I don’t give him a free pass pal, I was concerned with his outburst if you can call it that about RVP.

He needs to fix things right quick but I’m banking on a couple of signings this window that should help.

Obviously I could be wrong :lol:

dove

But you said he was the worse? He could win 2 or 3 trophies yet, Moyes fecked it up against Sunderland from memory
Okay, I stand corrected. Ole is not worse than Moyes, they are equally as bad. (Judging time at United only, Moyes is clearly better otherwise).

Lebowski

Stop with the "he could do this or that", Ole is a long long way from winning anything yet and his win-rate this season makes winning anything highly unlikely. Let's wait with the "he coulds" and see what "he does":
Just to be clear, you're saying we should give him until the end of the season then?

Mainoldo

Me and you have arguments mainly to do with he who shall not be named but bringing a legend like giggs into it who fecked his sister in law is pathetic. Nothing to do with this conversation and is usually a city fans counter argument. I’d expect better from you.
No no don’t be silly now. You get my point I feel like your ignoring my point.

You said Solskjaer is not a prick. What does that matter. We as fans have supported many shady characters you know it I know it. As I pointed out. But what does that have to do with who managers are club. Take the emotion out of the topic and just have a real debate.

I troll abit but I won’t shy away from a topic. So that being said does a manger not being a nice guy matter?

fergiesarmy1

Okay, I stand corrected. Ole is not worse than Moyes, they are equally as bad. (Judging time at United only, Moyes is clearly better otherwise).
Moyes took over the champions and left them in a similar place we are now, Ole took over a shit show.

Acole9

Outstanding
The problem is some folk are struggling to separate the player from the manager. Yes he is a club legend as a player, but as a manager to say he's been an embarrassment would be a polite way of putting it. Unfortunately when we think about him now his spell as manager is always going to stick in our minds.

DaleT

Out of his depth. No plan B. Smiling after we lose. Playing the same dross players game after game. Won’t sign anyone in January. Has to go

Just to be clear, you're saying we should give him until the end of the season then?
I've said it about 20 times this past week. I'd have fired him after Watford but he recovered from that and Chelsea were shit. All in all his December was decent and now isn't the time to fire a manager when the form table is decent.

If we drop a long way off 4th again though he'd be gone, if we have a top manager tapped up ready to go. That's might not be possible though so it might be a case of waiting out the season regardless.

Oh, and just to be clear @Lebowski just because we have decent respectful matchgoing fans who cheered Moyes, LVG and Mourinho to the death doesn't mean "matchgoing fans who give up their time and money to support the club seem to be much more accepting of the situation", nor is your statement that "it's telling that virtually all of the Ole out sentiment exists online" anything other than absolute drivel.

Season ticket holder here for over 15 years, a tonne on here can vouch for me. Every single game we go Chesters before the game, and there are groups of matchgoing fans pretty damn unanimous in the belief that Ole is doing a pretty miserable job. Our fans aren't like Arsenal fans though, we're a decent bunch, don't let that fool you though.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Excellent post mate but I think one big thing many are missing is this:

The issue for many fans is they desperately want to see a rebuild, they want to see players like Greenwood given a chance and they desperately wanted certain players gone that they see as mercenaries. These fans have married this vision to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer rather than the club and are terrified that sacking Ole will mean the end of that and a step back to Mourinho type management.

The thing is, Ole doesn't need to be around to complete this rebuild and by all accounts all 3 signings and outgoings were made by the transfer board in which Ole is but one vote and a veto. This is the club's new vision and there's no reason at all that the vision can't continue with a proven top manager who wants to be a part of it.
I agree with a lot of your points here. It is the clubs vision, and I have absolutely no way of knowing whether this is true or not, but I believe that Ole and also Ferguson have played their parts in planting this seed with Woodward and the owners.

All I want to see is Ole get a fair chance at seeing this through. We've gone into a season with a squad that has major issues - everybody must surely agree with that. The moment the transfer window closed it was clear that this was going to be a difficult season, but it was necessary to go backwards in order to start going forwards again.

We've moved out a CF that couldn't trap a bag of cement, a centre half who everybody blamed for our inability to play out from the back. Our big haired Belgian that was technically poor was sold. Do you see a pattern here? It's not just about highly paid mercenaries or players that weren't happy to be here, it's the players that were technically poor footballers that habe been moved on. We are no longer interested in buying those types of niche players that one manager rates and the next one wont. It will bode us well for the future.

To address your point about fans being scared that sacking Ole will mean an end to this project - yes to an extent I am concerned. Woodward has made many decisions that haven't worked out here. I hope the penny has dropped but I'm not completely convinced.

This is as much Oles vision as it is anybody else's. He deserves the chance to have his own squad here. One more summer window is not a lot to ask if people can be patient enough. If we sign 3 more forward thinking players (which we certainly will) and we are not putting together more consistent results by the end of 2020, I'll jump on the Ole out train with the rest of you.

fergiesarmy1

No no don’t be silly now. You get my point I feel like your ignoring my point.

You said Solskjaer is not a prick. What does that matter. We as fans have supported many shady characters you know it I know it. As I pointed out. But what does that have to do with who managers are club. Take the emotion out of the topic and just have a real debate.

I troll abit but I won’t shy away from a topic. So that being said does a manger not being a nice guy matter?
Can’t really see what your argument back at me is but dickhead managers are boring if that’s where your going?

Ole is doing necessary work and being called a prick at the same time apparently, he made his own job harder without concern for himself letting the likes of Lukaku go and I won’t hold that against him.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The problem is some folk are struggling to separate the player from the manager. Yes he is a club legend as a player, but as a manager to say he's been an embarrassment would be a polite way of putting it. Unfortunately when we think about him now his spell as manager is always going to stick in our minds.
5th in the league and still in all the cups with a thin squad and our best player missing basically the whole season constitutes an embarrassment?

Have a word with yourself.

Mainoldo

Can’t really see what your argument back at me is but dickhead managers are boring if that’s where your going?

Ole is doing necessary work and being called a prick at the same time apparently, he made his own job harder without concern for himself letting the likes of Lukaku go and I won’t hold that against him.
Who called him a prick? Not me..

But he’s not doing a good job at anything that’s my point. He’s not the only manager in world football that would have removed Lukaku from our squad he just happened not to like him either.

Doing the necessary work would be developing a style of play, building a squad to challenge and removing players that don’t ‘fit’ the system.

All he’s done is remove players that wanted to leave.

dove

We've moved out a CF that couldn't trap a bag of cement, a centre half who everybody blamed for our inability to play out from the back. Our big haired Belgian that was technically poor was sold. Do you see a pattern here? It's not just about highly paid mercenaries or players that weren't happy to be here, it's the players that were technically poor footballers that habe been moved on. We are no longer interested in buying those types of niche players that one manager rates and the next one wont. It will bode us well for the future.
I get what you are saying. We got rid of the players we should have. But on the other hand, our new signings are hardly setting the world alight and 2 of them are “technically poor” footballers. AWB and especially James.

5th in the league and still in all the cups
When you say "still in all the cups" on 5th Jan like it's some achievement after beating the likes of Colchester and Astana, and drawing one FA Cup game... it kinda makes your point look beyond silly.

5th in the league sounds great, until you realise we're 5th with a 38% win rate, then you realise that in most other years we'd be 8th if we were lucky.

Mainoldo

5th in the league and still in all the cups with a thin squad and our best player missing basically the whole season constitutes an embarrassment?

Have a word with yourself.
Why is the squad thin? Mainly because he got rid of the majority of the squad.

He also refuses to use the players he said would bolster the squad and he’s created a brand new formation that doesn’t fit the current crop of players he has.

He’s his own worst enemy. We might be 5th but this is the worst football we have ever played.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You do realise that Ole and Mourinho are at completely opposite ends of the scale here? There isn't just an "Ole" or a "Mourinho", plenty of top managers would love this rebuilding job, love using the academy and love building for the future.
As much as id like to believe you, who are these plenty top managers who’d love this rebuild job?

fergiesarmy1

Who called him a prick? Not me..

But he’s not doing a good job at anything that’s my point. He’s not the only manager in world football that would have removed Lukaku from our squad he just happened not to like him either.

Doing the necessary work would be developing a style of play, building a squad to challenge and removing players that don’t ‘fit’ the system.

All he’s done is remove players that wanted to leave.
When was the last time we were still in 4 competitions in January since Fergie, you realise he’s only lost 5 games in about 25 this season while transitioning and with the youngest squad the premiership has seen?

When was the last time we were still in 4 competitions in January since Fergie, you realise he’s only lost 5 games in about 25 this season while transitioning and with the youngest squad the premiership has seen?
With Mourinho in year 1.

Not sure how LvG fared in Mickey Mouse cup.

And we’ve lost 6 in 21 in the league, almost 1 in 3.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Well, you think wrong. There is no emotional tie in it. Did you see anyone being emotional and wanting to keep Ryan Giggs after his cartaker stint? So why should we have emotional ties with Solskjaer?

I think that it is wierd and very strange how a manager who is so bad in coaching according to some and as some fans here call him (idiot, deluded, cluless, stupid and so on) still manage to have us fighting for 4th place and on every front we are competing. Despite having injury hit and thin (average for now) squad. He must be doing something right? Or is it just a fluke?

But sure, lets get Poch in and we be world champions tommorow.
I think it’s terrible that people are calling him names. He is a club legend with good reason and deserves respect, but the anger is coming from the fact that he is damaging the club, good intentioned or not.

I think his win percentage this season and some of his results have been average to very poor. He has some great footballers at his disposal and there is no excuse to lose to sides in the bottom half as consistently as he does.

Sides like Newcastle, Bournemouth, Watford and Southampton have elevens with nowhere near the quality in United’s, but the players look clueless every game against even the weakest opposition. He doesn’t win most of the matches he plays in the league, that’s just factual. And the team doesn’t really look convincing in any of them.

Everyone will have an opinion on what makes a good coach. I didn’t say we would be world champions with Poch, but I would love to see these young players working hard and breaking teams down. I would love to see some sort of press and intent.

I would also love to see a manager who has overachieved wherever he has gone, get a chance at a real giant of the game like Manchester United, because that’s who we are. We are Manchester United and we deserve more.

lysglimt

Scout
Out of his depth. No plan B. Smiling after we lose. Playing the same dross players game after game. Won’t sign anyone in January. Has to go

Jeez - he was smiling. As he said in an interview afterwards: I don't have to look really pissed - even if I am.

You are right - let's fire the guy for behaving in an interview

Mainoldo

That’s what the stats say but what does the football say? What are the players saying?

We play a brand of football which is as negative as Mourinho’s whilst being as boring to watch as LVG’s which is amazing. We have a talent group of players who continue to freestyle in their attacking play whilst no section of our team from GK to Striker have any cohesion.

fergiesarmy1

That’s what the stats say but what does the football say? What are the players saying?

We play a brand of football which is as negative as Mourinho’s whilst being as boring to watch as LVG’s which is amazing. We have a talent group of players who continue to freestyle in their attacking play whilst no section of our team from GK to Striker have any cohesion.
Mourinho wanted that to be the style, Ole is having to do his best with what he’s got.

Mainoldo

Mourinho wanted that to be the style, Ole is having to do his best with what he’s got.
What he has is a top 3 starting 11. What we are seeing is a team sitting in 5th. If he was doing the best with what he has we would be 3rd and I would agree with you.

fergiesarmy1

What he has is a top 3 starting 11. What we are seeing is a team sitting in 5th. If he was doing the best with what he has we would be 3rd and I would agree with you.
Forget the top 2 we aren’t anywhere near them, a few wins and we will be 5th 4th maybe 3rd.

90 + 5min

Not according to the value of players. We are fifth in that league looking att sites like transfermarkt. Not some 100% proof that is correct but it gives you some ideas where we stand.

And while our first 11 is pretty good, tell me how many times did we had chance to play with them? Together. So saying that he should be 3rd is just one more way to discredit Solskjaer in wierd cheep way.

Mainoldo

Not according to the value of players. We are fifth in that league looking att sites like transfermarkt. Not some 100% proof that is correct but it gives you some ideas where we stand.

And while our first 11 is pretty good, tell me how many times did we had chance to play with them? Together. So saying that he should be 3rd is just one more way to discredit Solskjaer in wierd cheep way.
It’s as cheap as Uni Emry coming out and saying the same stuff for his Arsenal side who has had an injury depleted squad. But no one real cares do they. Pep could come out and say he would be top of the league if he had fit defenders but nobody cares about that either. If Liverpool don’t win the league out of some good fortune.. I hope they blame it on Becker and the Ox having big injuries.

Main point being injuries is never an excuse he’s had a fit keeper and defence for long enough whilst also having a decent attack and our best midfield pairing for the majority of the season. But feel free to give me stats of players bare Pogba that have missed over 40% of our season?

Value? What about wages as I don’t know how this value is marked up.

90 + 5min

It’s as cheap as Uni Emry coming out and saying the same stuff for his Arsenal side who has had an injury depleted squad. But no one real cares do they. Pep could come out and say he would be top of the league if he had fit defenders but nobody cares about that either. If Liverpool don’t win the league out of some good fortune.. I hope they blame it on Becker and the Ox having big injuries.

Main point being injuries is never an excuse he’s had a fit keeper and defence for long enough whilst also having a decent attack and our best midfield pairing for the majority of the season. But feel free to give me stats of players bare Pogba that have missed over 40% of our season?
Then you should stop with nonsens about us being 3rd looking at our best "starting eleven" if you know that we haven't been able to play even near something called "starting eleven". Yes, injuries exist and they affect teams. And when you have a thin squad and players that shouldn't be there who has to play then it affects results.

If Liverpool lost Saleh, Mane and Firminho at same time you would know the difference. ManCity is where they are because of injuries as well. But you don't care. because you only see results. You don't see what those results are qonsequence of. All is black or white. And in your world everything is bad as long as you are not first.

I don't need to give you anything. You can look for yourself. But ignoring injuries on McTom, Rashford, Martial and few others missing here and there and ignoring the fact we got thin squad says very much of your thinking. Haters will hate. It is simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.