Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iowred

Short & sweet

Sack him now so we can maybe scrape 4th with both new manager bounce followed by an actual tactical plan

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No wonder Ole smiles at the end of every game. He can't lose. If he wins, United are back. If he loses, United are rebuilding.

Sad to say, but i can't stand him. He's nauseating. Every word that comes out of his mouth is like a slap in the face. So out of his depth it's not even funny.

Alabaster Codify7

We've got some good youngsters coming through and I don't want this set of inept League 1 standard coaches being the ones to 'develop' them. They'll all end up in League 1 themselves if we continue to allow Ole and co to simply chuck them into a dysfunctional team like this simply out of necessity and to score popularity points with The Cult of The United Way.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I wonder how 1 sided the vote would be if it was run afresh now?

I've personally had enough of him. He is clearly out of his depth. Tactically naive. No style of play apart from launch it to Rashford. His subs rarely affect the game in a positive way.

I've wanted him out for weeks, last night was the tipping point for a lot of people I follow on twitter. He's gotta go. The sooner, the better.
Launch it to Rashford - :lol:

I played for a Sunday League side and our main centre forward was a lad called Ray - he was decent in fairness for the level we were at..

Our Manager Johnny had his team talk - without fail used to say at the start of every match -

Lads - 442 -
OK Lads, no messing -
Put your boot through it - launch it to Ray ....
If it gets near our goal launch it ....no messin about looking for short passes
No Messing lads ok, head down...
No go out and enjoy yourselves....

We were always mid table- one season we drew 19 games out of 34. won about 10 - we were hard to beat I'll say that but the amount of 0-0 draws and 1-1 draws was soul destroying.
But - during that season we beat the top side ( the liverpool) of the division 1-0 at home - defended like fook for 89 minutes and one lucky launch to Ray came off and he scored. We thought we were the cheese.
We played them away 3 weeks later and lost 8-0. Reality was evident. We had really good players but the style of play didnt allow for footballers to play football.
We used to hear about how hard we were to beat but in reality we won nothing. Not even close. We could have done so much better with better coaching - a bit like this current United team - not the worst in the world but with no coaching and direction they will remain listless. Thats on Ole. The players are not that bad.

#Johnnyout

Zen86

Launch it to Rashford - :lol:

I played for a Sunday League side and our main centre forward was a lad called Ray - he was decent in fairness for the level we were at..

Our Manager Johnny had his team talk - without fail used to say at the start of every match -

Lads - 442 -
OK Lads, no messing -
Put your boot through it - launch it to Ray ....
If it gets near our goal launch it ....no messin about looking for short passes
No Messing lads ok, head down...
No go out and enjoy yourselves....

We were always mid table- one season we drew 19 games out of 34. won about 10 - we were hard to beat I'll say that but the amount of 0-0 draws and 1-1 draws was soul destroying.
But - during that season we beat the top side ( the liverpool) of the division 1-0 at home - defended like fook for 89 minutes and one lucky launch to Ray came off and he scored. We thought we were the cheese.
We played them away 3 weeks later and lost 8-0. Reality was evident. We had really good players but the style of play didnt allow for footballers to play football.
We used to hear about how hard we were to beat but in reality we won nothing. Not even close. We could have done so much better with better coaching - a bit like this current United team - not the worst in the world but with no coaching and direction they will remain listless. Thats on Ole. The players are not that bad.

#Johnnyout
Maybe your team was just a bit shit

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We play wolves twice, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and eruopa league in jan/feb, I don't think he'll be here after that.
If we have a good month from this, then fine, give him till end of season and see where we end up.
If, as expected, we get shafted after this period, then he needs to go.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Keep him because we don’t know if Poch would be any good, whereas we know that Ole is completely fecking inept, so we know what we’re getting.

Plus, Ole knows Norwegian players, so if a good one ever comes along, Like Haaland, we’ll deffo sign them.
Hey! Stop insulting the Norwegians :mad:
Lots of good folks up here, like me and @Samid, for example.

Fosu-Mens

I think it is OGS that is insulting the Norwegians with his performance as a "manager", naivety and general lack of competence. It is ok to have a Scandinavian approach to organizational leadership (keep people happy and good things will happen), but it should be mixed with some level of competence, organizational development in the right direction etc.

90 + 5min

Are there still people who think that another manager would make us compete? Why is it hard for people to understand that current squad is nowhere near top level. When we get injuries we struggle a lot. If you think some other manager would be better you got it wrong. Nobody is saying Solskjaer is GOAT but little bit understanding where we stand with players. If you remember well, even great managers (Mourinho/vanGaal) struggled. Sometimes you got to look at players and not manager even if it is easier to change 1 manager than 10 players.

What we need to do is buy players this month. 2 central midfielders is what I hope but that is in hands of Ed and Company upstairs.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’m absolutely not insulting Norwegians (apologies if it came across that way!), I was being sarcastic about the way that people were making excuses for Ole and how we had to stick with him as he’d land us Haaland.

Zen86

We were no superstars but we were not as bad as the results suggested.
A bit like this United side.
Our squad is paper thin. We do have some decent players in our first XI, and some pretty terrible ones. Even our better players wouldn’t have made the first team back in the day when we were on top.

McGrathsipan

Are there still people who think that another manager would make us compete? Why is it hard for people to understand that current squad is nowhere near top level. When we get injuries we struggle a lot. If you think some other manager would be better you got it wrong. Nobody is saying Solskjaer is GOAT but little bit understanding where we stand with players. If you remember well, even great managers (Mourinho/vanGaal) struggled. Sometimes you got to look at players and not manager even if it is easier to change 1 manager than 10 players.

What we need to do is buy players this month. 2 central midfielders is what I hope but that is in hands of Ed and Company upstairs.
This bunch of players wouldnt win a league in my opinion. But under Klopp or Pep they would be very much better. LVG and Mour were 2nd rate by the time we go them.

McGrathsipan

Our squad is paper thin. We do have some decent players in our first XI, and some pretty terrible ones. Even our better players would have probably struggled to make the first team back in the day when we were on top.
Agree. There isnt one of them that I would cry over leaving.

Its close to being as bad as ever.
Literally the only positive is that the club is rich - but even thats not a positive anymore

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I’m absolutely not insulting Norwegians (apologies if it came across that way!), I was being sarcastic about the way that people were making excuses for Ole and how we had to stick with him as he’d land us Haaland.
Knew you weren't. I was only joking :lol:

Foxbatt

Ironic thing is that we’re starting to look and sound like the post invincibles Arsenal with a focus on youth, budget spending and ‘next year we’ll be much better’ and look where they are now. 2 or 3 mediocre seasons could turn into years and years of mediocrity.
Arsenal played attractive football even though they were not winning trophies. They were always in the CL too. Currently we are playing terrible football and not winning trophies. I would say if we lose to Norwich then he is gone.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Don't think Sewey89 was insulting Norwegian players to be honest Catt. He was just being sarcastic about Ole not being able to woo Haaland even though we thought he had an advantage there.
I wasn't serious. Thought that was obvious :)

90 + 5min

This bunch of players wouldnt win a league in my opinion. But under Klopp or Pep they would be very much better. LVG and Mour were 2nd rate by the time we go them.
That is true but there is not Pep and Klopp in every corner waiting for a chance to jump on our ship. Thats is why I think the best situation is to ride through the storm with Solskjaer. And keep moving on. We will come out of this in a good way. Sometimes you get slaped in the face but it is about keep going. Keep moving forward.

We have injuries now. A lot of them and specially on our important players. Those things hurts team and affects results and our playing style.

Zen86

Agree. There isnt one of them that I would cry over leaving.

Its close to being as bad as ever.
Literally the only positive is that the club is rich - but even thats not a positive anymore
Even being rich isn’t necessarily a positive in our position and recent history. Transfer fees double as soon as we’re interested, hence £80m for Maguire, £50m for AwB. There’s no chance of conducting shrewd bits of business to rebuild (not with whoever handles that at United anyway)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We play wolves twice, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and eruopa league in jan/feb, I don't think he'll be here after that.
Both Wolves games plus Burnley and Norwich are at home. Our standards are so low now that home wins are enough for him. After Newcastle and Burnley this place was over the moon. Same thing goes for Ed

Irwin99

Arsenal played attractive football even though they were not winning trophies. They were always in the CL too. Currently we are playing terrible football and not winning trophies. I would say if we lose to Norwich then he is gone.
I don't think he goes anywhere until Top 4 is impossible.

Arsenal did play good football in the post invincible years but there was always a sense that they'd fail the big tests and they always did. Their faith in players like Walcott and Wilshere was very misplaced too. It's very easy to fall into a trap of 'next year' will be different or the one after that. 90s Liverpool were the same.

wolvored

Although I was 60/40 against Ole, I kept hoping he would eventual click and the team would then click, even if we finished 6th but played a decent game with a recognisable style.. After yesterday I am resigned to this not happening. we should sack him now , but I havent a clue who could get a tune out of this shower of shit.

Paul_Scholes18

Although I was 60/40 against Ole, I kept hoping he would eventual click and the team would then click, even if we finished 6th but played a decent game with a recognisable style.. After yesterday I am resigned to this not happening. we should sack him now , but I havent a clue who could get a tune out of this shower of shit.
Allegri is free and could maybe improve things. He did pretty well with Milan too before Juve who didn't have the greatest squad. Although he had Ibra when they won the league.
He would tactically improve things a lot. Although it would not be the style most want longterm.

Fosu-Mens

Get Poch in before he signs for BVB or Bayern. Having a manager that can improve our players and prefers a style based on high press and technical ability would be a start.

OGS was never going to work given his complete disregard of technical ability as the fundamental aspect of modern football. Effort, mentality and luck are not enough anymore to compete at the highest level. And him being a man-manager first and foremost does not compute, especially when the rest of the coaching team are unable to mitigate for his football-related limitations (incompetence).

Fosu-Mens

Allegri is free and could maybe improve things. He did pretty well with Milan too before Juve who didn't have the greatest squad. Although he had Ibra when they won the league.
He would tactically improve things a lot. Although it would not be the style most want longterm.
We need to improve our player's technical ability and build a squad suited to play the type of football that is done at the highest level. Allegri would not be worse than OGS, but his pragmatic approach would not function long term either.

LJJT

Felt like an all time low last night as far as ole concerned but the players last night need to take some responsibility. Ole got it wrong tactically and with personnel at the start but the players need to identify issues and react on the pitch also. Lindelof and Jones holding hands all night marking each other was appalling. We need to recruit good players ASAP or I think ole will get sacked before season is out but he needs backing with new players

Rista

I'd make a counter argument, Are there still people who think Manchester United cannot do better than OGS? That he is not a GOAT might be an understatement of the century. He is literally the least qualified manager in the league. That no one could do better is a pretty laughable statement considering we actually had a manager that was GOAT and he delivered trophy after trophy under the same parasitic owners.

Sure, the squad is far from ideal. But a good part of that responsibility is Ole's actual job. Mourinho finished 2nd, Solskjaer even with the dreadful run at the end of last season still managed to accumulate 3rd most points since his appointment. The squad is/was not as bad as you're making it to be. If it really is not good enough for top 4 then a good part of the blame is again on the manager who spent a fortune on defence and for all we know, thought the likes of Lingard and Pereira were good enough.

"Let's ride through the storm, things will get better" is in reality nothing more than blind faith.

L1nk

I am in genuine disbelief over people still defending him, and this entire mediocre show, just utter disbelief. I swear people won't be happy until we hit absolute rock bottom and even then they'll still be screaming "Give him more time!!!!"

Yes the squad isn't the best, but to say the entire squad isn't good is rubbish, De Gea is still a world class keeper even if he hasn't reached the heights of previous seasons, Wan Bissaka was quality for Crystal Palace, Maguire was great for Leicester, Rashfore is a massive talent, as is Greenwood, Martial, James etc, now, no, as I said, the squad isn't great and we definitely need to invest in key areas. However, if you really watch the games, the problem isn't the players and their talent, it's the absolute lack of a game plan and tactical play outside of "run fast counterattacks!" Everybody is clueless on the pitch, which has nothing to do with player ability but more to do with how they are set up to play, you think they are passing sideways, backwards and long balling it all the damn time because we have some average players in the squad? No it's because we clearly don't practice any kind of positional play, we don't practice any kind of attacking strategy other than getting a few key players to use their physical attributes of pace when they are in a position to do so.

Great managers elevate players to a higher level than perhaps their skillset should allow them to be. This is what Fergie did, everybody loves to be so nostalgic on here yet forget we had players like O'Shea, Park, Fletcher, Gibson etc, none of these players were particularly special were they, even though we may have loved them, but it didn't matter because Fergie got the best out of them, we don't need world class acquisitions in every position, we need someone who can actually coach worth a damn more than anything

The fact that we are even still sticking this is almost an insult to Pochettino at this point, christ

"Let's stick through it things will get better!" Like what the hell is this Dreamland nonsense, you cannot provide a single bit of proof this is what will happen. As others and I have said, yes the squad situation isn't ideal, yet Mourinho got 2nd and a Europa League, when Solksjaer first came here everyone was buzzing he had the team "purring" but as time has gone on its obvious at this point he's been found out to be the majorly under qualified manager he actually is.

We're going to waste the best years of Rashford et al if we our ways up. I mean how is it possible the likes of Wan Bissaka and Maguire are actually worse since joining us after coming from supposedly inferior teams, what their skillset just suddenly dried up did it?

Last edited:

Foxbatt

No one is saying that another manager would make us complete. Why is it so hard to understand that this current manager is no where near top level in management. When we play a team that does sit deep we struggle a lot. If you think that just getting two new midfielders will get this team competing for trophies then you got it wrong. A little bit of understanding with coaching. Even great players struggle sometimes under bad managers. You have to get the manager take responsibility for what he does without blaming the players. It is bleeding obvious that if the manager cannot motivate 10 players the he is not doing his job and has to go.

90 + 5min

I'd make a counter argument, Are there still people who think Manchester United cannot do better than OGS? That he is not a GOAT might be an understatement of the century. He is literally the least qualified manager in the league. That no one could do better is a pretty laughable statement considering we actually had a manager that was GOAT and he delivered trophy after trophy under the same parasitic owners.

Sure, the squad is far from ideal. But a good part of that responsibility is Ole's actual job. Mourinho finished 2nd, Solskjaer even with the dreadful run at the end of last season still managed to accumulate 3rd most points since his appointment. The squad is/was not as bad as you're making it to be. If it really is not good enough for top 4 then a good part of the blame is again on the manager who spent a fortune on defence and for all we know, thought the likes of Lingard and Pereira were good enough.

"Let's ride through the storm, things will get better" is in reality nothing more than blind faith.
Blind faith or not, we have to ride it through. There is no way around with all those injuries piling up. Changing managers is not solution.

You mention other managers and coming 2nd. That was two years ago. Players have left. Even last season Mourinho was all over Ed and Company complaining about lack of quality players.

Great managers elevate players to a higher level than perhaps their skillset should allow them to be. This is what Fergie did, everybody loves to be so nostalgic on here yet forget we had players like O'Shea, Park, Fletcher, Gibson etc, none of these players were particularly special were they, even though we may have loved them, but it didn't matter because Fergie got the best out of them, we don't need world class acquisitions in every position, we need someone who can actually coach worth a damn more than anything

The fact that we are even still sticking this is almost an insult to Pochettino at this point, christ
Great managers. Yes. But where are they? The best are managing clubs already. You got to have right manager for the club. Not best. If SOlskjaer is right, time will tell. But it is not helping having injuries.

Park were one of most underrated players in league. Would be one of our best right now. O'Shea and Fletcher were also underrated and would have no problems playing in our first 11 now. And there you see, while we hade those players as subs, we have worse players now on the pitch. Specially when we have injuries.
Insult to Poch? If he ever won something then maybe you could agree but the man has never won anything. What is that you are insulting?

LDUred

We've got a mounting injury list and a fixture pile up. I'm sure the shiny new manager will do just fine with that. He will also enter a dressing room where Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard are dead certs to start through want of options, along with a load of talented, but inexperienced players who have actually shown some promise under OGS: promise that might be derailed with the introduction of a new coach.

Ole might be replaced this summer, but he certainly won't be replaced at this juncture. Having the stability he offers will actually be of service to us.

The current situation calls for togetherness and determination rather than whinging and moaning. We have to gather as many points as we can instead of throwing our toys out of the pram at every setback.

KekiZeki

Ironic thing is that we’re starting to look and sound like the post invincibles Arsenal with a focus on youth, budget spending and ‘next year we’ll be much better’ and look where they are now. 2 or 3 mediocre seasons could turn into years and years of mediocrity.
Arsenal kept it up by selling players they developed to just about anyone. By the time they finished their stadium they were finished. We won't let that happen, we're not entertaining any offers for Rashford for example.

Irwin99

Arsenal kept it up by selling players they developed to just about anyone. By the time they finished their stadium they were finished. We won't let that happen, we're not entertaining any offers for Rashford for example.
They also kept a of dross for way too long like we've done before in the hope that they will improve (Wilshere and Walcott as I said, Diaby too). The mentality in those Arsenal team's was so poor too. Even if they'd kept the likes of RVP and Fabregas I still don't think they would have ever won anything major.

KekiZeki

It's all about priority and urgency in my opinion. Yes Bailly, Jones and Rojo are injury prone, but we have 6 CBs in total while Ole seldom rotates. Yes Smalling and Lindelof are shaky at times, but our attacking midfielders are definitely more disappointing. With Fellaini and Herrera gone, we made no attempt to cover their position. For me, the midfield has been the weakest link in the team and should be prioritized in the market especially if we play 4-2-3-1, but Maguire turned out to be our biggest transfer in the window.

It's true that we can hardly pick the players we want nowadays, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we can only wait passively for someone to become available, or "present himself" as you say. There are plenty of quality players around the globe and many of them are realistic targets, for example Ndombele, Tielemans and Gueye all completed transfer in the last window. With one of the largest scouting networks in the world, I don't believe we didn't spot these players, instead it's more like the club's philosophy or the manager's decision which block the transfer. In recent years, we have been chasing either high profile players or young players with resale value, and this season we have linked with plenty of English players for no reason.

As for inflated wage bill, the new deal of Jones is definitely a burden for the next manager, and cross our fingers the rumor about Lingard's new contract is not real......

I too agree our midfield is the worst of our worries but it's also the hardest thing to fix. You can get a quality midfielder in his own team but it turns out to be poor fit for your own team. Maybe the manager wanted to get a feel of things before he decides what to improve in midfield. With CB's or full backs it's a lot easier, you do one thing for most of the time, either good or bad, not to say that aren't different types of CB's but it's easier to pick them.

On paper our midfield should be fine though, that's what irritates me. We have a 100 mil. player in our midfield, a WC wining player and he is not doing a job of a 100 mil. player. When he is on the pitch, which is not that often lately. And you couldn't convince me he even made it to World Cup most of the time if I was to judge on his performances for us alone. The more we keep him the more we make him in to our own Ozil... At least Ozil is consistently terrible for the national team and the club. I hope we get rid and find someone with the passion of Roy Keane, we haven't had that in the longest time.

As for Jones I don't know what he's on but he's hardly gonna bankrupt us, is he? It's probably just to protect his market value, even as he is he can always fetch a decent price in the transfer market just by being English. We'll probably get rid soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.