Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Hmmm, LVG and Mou were those better options and that did not work.
LVG and Mourinho were not the only succesfull managers in the world of football. It's mental that because we hired succesfull managers who were past it that we should stop going for managers with a impressive CV. Not a single fan in here wanted Ole as permanent manager just when Mourinho was sacked. He had a great 15 game start and then it's been mostly shit since PSG. Going by your logic, well if Ole doesn't make it here, why not go for Giggs, Keane or Gary Neville? Apparently past achievements don't matter. Neither does results.

edgecutter

Greenwood-Martial-Lingard VS Mahrez-Aguero-Sterling
Fred-Matic-Williams VS De Bruyne- Gundogan- Silva

Maybe, just maybe it's not a lack of a plan, but a lack of quality players. We even won with a team far, far inferior to our opponent. But Solskjaer is the idiot. Like always.
If we are comparing, what about Burnley's team against ours? Do they have world class players? Or was it due to the management masterclass of dyche?

Mainoldo

Greenwood-Martial-Lingard VS Mahrez-Aguero-Sterling
Fred-Matic-Williams VS De Bruyne- Gundogan- Silva

Maybe, just maybe it's not a lack of a plan, but a lack of quality players. We even won with a team far, far inferior to our opponent. But Solskjaer is the idiot. Like always.
Well if those plays switched over Solskjær would still be looking like the idiot. Unless your going to tell me we would have played different if Solskjær had those players?

Shark

@NotShark
If we are comparing, what about Burnley's team against ours? Do they have world class players? Or was it due to the management masterclass of dyche?
This is exactly what many of the Ole in crowd are missing. We're game raising cnuts, basically Liverpool under Daglish and even at that, on another night we'd have been flattened. But we're supposed to be inspired by this because there's a bunch of fans on here that don't like what they hear. Most of us can thankfully see he's out of his depth.

Crashoutcassius

No matter how "well" he does in the rest of the season, why would you keep a manager when there are far better options waiting in the wings? Makes absolutely no sense to do that, at all
who is waiting out of interest

only person that seems to be waiting is allegri... no chance i would switch for that

i just wish we had someone i trust to make the decision of when we have the right replacement lined up, last thing we want is to sack ole and then have an interim while we see what managers are available, and end up with someone not right that we then have to back for 2 years and 300m

Roboc7

Don’t think there’s any real praise or criticism to be dished out for Ole tonight. How we played was understandable in circumstances, he was never going to play any other way and doesn’t have capability to have done anything else.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It was a good effort today when most expected us to get comfortably put away. No complaints today.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well if those plays switched over Solskjær would still be looking like the idiot. Unless your going to tell me we would have played different if Solskjær had those players?
You dont think we would play differently with Citys front four? You seriously think that?

Mainoldo

You dont think we would play differently with Citys front four? You seriously think that?
Yes! We need to start appreciating the worth of a manager for flip sack.

It’s the reason why you can’t have Riquelme; Messi; Augero; Veron etc and give them Maradona as a manager.

Pep has made this City team great let’s not forget that. To think Ole could have these guys and they’d look amazing. Is funny.

But they are obviously better players than what we have.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Our style of play and tactics are wack and we played shit tonight but facing one of the best teams in the world right now with an average squad in their home, I'm not expecting any sort of style of play to materialize.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

It’s the reason why you can’t have Riquelme; Messi; Augero; Veron etc and give them Maradona as a manager.

Pep has made this City team great let’s not forget that. To think Ole could have these guys and they’d look amazing. Is funny.

Every Argentina manager has flopped in my lifetime so that's a piss poor example

Owngoalscorer

This is exactly what many of the Ole in crowd are missing. We're game raising cnuts, basically Liverpool under Daglish and even at that, on another night we'd have been flattened. But we're supposed to be inspired by this because there's a bunch of fans on here that don't like what they hear. Most of us can thankfully see he's out of his depth.
Must be why we beat Tranmere by the odd goal or two... Nah mate you just can't help being negative full stop

Woodzy

It was a good effort today when most expected us to get comfortably put away. No complaints today.
It was a good effort but we were still outclassed for the most part, and on another day we lose by 2 or 3.

Saying that, I think Ole did as much as he could with what he has today.

032Devil

Percentage-wise, Ole has done better than either Klopp or Pochettino in his first season:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Man Utd) - 52.7%
Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - 49.2%
Mauricio Pochettino (Spurs) - 49.2%

I've no idea if these stats are accurate.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Laughable post. I'm going to bed

hmchan

It's hard to imagine someone still support the idea of so-called "ball playing defender". We give away golden chances because of that every game, while we gain nothing.

hobbers

Percentage-wise, Ole has done better than either Klopp or Pochettino in his first season:

Percentage of what? Because that sure as feck is not our win rate this season :lol:

Before tonight we won 17 matches out of 37. That's 0.46.

Counting the City game it's 18/38 0.47 but I don't count losing an aggregate tie as a win.

MS4

It's hard to imagine someone still support the idea of so-called "ball playing defender". We give away golden chances because of that every game, while we gain nothing.
Who else do you want to throw under the bus? Goal scoring strikers or maybe chance creating Midfielders?

Seij

Percentage of what? Because that sure as feck is not our win rate this season :lol:

Before tonight we won 17 matches out of 37. That's 0.46.

Counting the City game it's 18/38 0.47 but I don't count losing an aggregate tie as a win.
We currently sit on 37.5% in the league, at this pace, we'll finish at ~54 points. For reference, the lowest point finish for us in the recent era has been 64 points, which was not surprisingly the Moyes season.
Klopp's first full season, he was 57.9% with 76 points
Pochettino's first season, he was 50% with 64 points. Unlike Ole and Klopp, he didn't have over six months of the previous season to learn his players and build his team

I'm not sure where he got those stats above. Maybe it'll get up there when we pad our stats by adding results from the Europa group stage where we beat the likes of AZ Alkmeer, Astana, Partizan.

Last edited:

bri2013

In the next day or so his spending will have risen to €214 million in just 10 months since getting the permanent role.

Let's hope we see a massive change in ours and his fortunes when he has Fernandes and Pogba available to select, excuses will be running out then.
Since you underlined it, where are you getting your numbers from? Do you work for Sky?

billybee99

Still no answer to this simple question in my post, i'll repeat:

"Do you think we would be more likely to beat Wolves on Saturday if we had Pogba, Rashford and McTominay available, yes or no?"

The reality i live in is where everyone reading this knows the answer you are purposely avoiding giving.
Apparently the "reality that you live in" doesn't include Ole's winning percentage this season.

hobbers

We currently sit on 37.5% in the league, at this pace, we'll finish at ~54 points. For reference, the lowest point finish for us in the recent era has been 64 points, which was not surprisingly the Moyes season.
Klopp's first full season, he was 57.9% with 76 points
Pochettino's first season, he was 50% with 64 points. Unlike Ole and Klopp, he didn't have over six months of the previous season to learn his players and build his team

I'm not sure where he got those stats above. Maybe it'll get up there when we pad our stats by adding results from the Europa group stage where we beat the likes of AZ Alkmeer, Astana, Partizan.
No the ones I gave included all competitions. The 52.7 number is just pure fiction.

37.5% win rate in the league and 46% in all competitions. Pretty fecking dismal and miles off Klopp's first season. Poch's first season. Mourinho's first season. LVG's first season. Moyes' first season even :lol:

prateik

Broken record here.. give him a complete squad and judge him then.

We dont have players to break teams down.. the one we have, Pogba, has been out all season.

Common sense from watching us this year tells you that they are not accurate man! As if we have won almost 53% of our games :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

We dont have players to break teams down.. the one we have, Pogba, has been out all season.
Agree with this. Some of the criticism is unwarranted. They compare him with other manager's record but fail to see that his main player(our best player) hasn't played more than handful of games this season. Martial was out for 2 months and now Rashford is out for the season. McTominay when he was in great form fecked himself up with stupid tackles. That's 4 most important players missing throughout the course of the season. Add in Luke Shaw if you want because he was out for a while too.

Even if they were available, he had an incomplete squad - no RW mainly. I would reserve my judgement until next season because i don't think he is getting the sack.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

How many managers have a complete squad though? Sir Alex had 3 great squads in all his career with us, all of which were dismantled prior their time. He won his last league with possibly the worst squad he had in all his career. Ole blew all the budget (145m on decent but not WC players) mostly on defence while forgetting that midfield exist. He then allowed decent talent like Lukaku and Smalling to leave which forced him to rely on the same guys over and over again up until he broke them (McT, Rashford, Pogba etc). Now he's already mumbling of bringing back the king of deadwood which, according to him, will prove us aaaaalll wrong.

A top manager knows how to work with what he's got and to spend wisely. There's nothing wise in spending 80m on Maguire.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
How many managers have a complete squad though? Sir Alex had 3 great squads in all his career with us, all of which were dismantled prior their time. He won his last league with possibly the worst squad he had in all his career. Ole blew all the budget (145m on decent but not WC players) mostly on defence while forgetting that midfield exist. He then allowed decent talent like Lukaku and Smalling to leave which forced him to rely on the same guys over and over again up until he broke them (McT, Rashford, Pogba etc). Now he's already mumbling of bringing back the king of deadwood which, according to him, will prove us aaaaalll wrong.

A top manager knows how to work with what he's got and to spend wisely. There's nothing wise in spending 80m on Maguire.
You including Pogba in your mini list hoping nobody would notice? He's started 6 games all season, hardly flogged to death was he, you could argue Rashford, but it's not the Managers fault that McTom fresh back from an injury went flying into a challenge, obviously hurt himself but instead of staying down like a senior pro would have done he flew into two more tackles within seconds doing himself more damage. You've got to have some serious dislike of the Manager to blame him for that.

And the Sanchez comment was aimed at the press, and nobody else, but then you knew that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You including Pogba in your mini list hoping nobody would notice? He's started 6 games all season, hardly flogged to death was he, you could argue Rashford, but it's not the Managers fault that McTom fresh back from an injury went flying into a challenge, obviously hurt himself but instead of staying down like a senior pro would have done he flew into two more tackles within seconds doing himself more damage. You've got to have some serious dislike of the Manager to blame him for that.

And the Sanchez comment was aimed at the press, and nobody else, but then you knew that.
Pogba should have never been brought in against Rochdale in the same way that we shouldn't have played against Tranmere with the full team. Ole gambled on the kids and it backfired on him. Some were ready but most were not. That lead to him relying on the same small pool of players again and again. It's the classic mistake of an inexperienced manager

Regarding Sanchez did he whispered that in your ear or what?

b82REZ

There are threads on here that clearly articulate our tactics and plan. I’m sure you’ve seen them, but yeah, feel free to carry on ignoring them.

No playing style :lol:. Such a cliche, meaningless statement. We play fast, direct, counter attacking football. Quite obviously. Again, I’m sure you know this already. You might not like it. It’s not tiki taka, 99% possession football, but that’s what we play. That’s our “style”.

As for making the most of the squad, what do you expect? He isn’t going to turn Perreira into Messi, Lingard into de Bruyne now is he? Many of our players have actually improved; Rashford, Martial, McT. Williams has been great, Fred is unrecognisable. And yet the squad is paper thin, a consequence of buying so much gash over the years. That’s not to mention the glaring weaknesses in the first team either.

No doubt this falls on deaf ears. You’ll just copy and paste the same drivel as you have been, post after post, thread after thread. Lucky for me I won’t have to see it anymore.
:lol:

No we don't.

Beating City and Spurs using counter attacks does not make us a counter attack team.

Flexdegea

:lol:

No we don't.

Beating City and Spurs using counter attacks does not make us a counter attack team.

Ok then if you say so.

Certainly not a team who like to win the ball back quickly pressing it and then counter with pace.

Clearly doesnt work every game especially at home when teams let us have the ball, which brings us into another issue but we have clearly played like that most of the season. If you cant see it then you are blind or have an agenda.

Robbie Boy

Okay, I used the wrong word.

If we finish 4th or a close 5th, Fernandes plays well, and the team shows improvement, will some of the Ole-out people change their mind?
If he gets 4th and we improve on the pitch both tactically and in terms of results, then sure, he would deserve to be here at the start of next season. I honestly just don't see that happening as far too often, we look absolutely hopeless and devoid of any plan whatsoever. Hopefully Bruno Fernandes can be the spark that we have been lacking and he can be our creative outlet because feck me, watching Pereira and Lingard as our supposed creative outlets, is utterly depressing and hopeless.

Conversely, would the 'Ole in brigade' change their tune and admit that he isn't good enough if we crash out of both remaining cups with a whimper and finish 5th to 8th, while playing the horrible football that has been served up for most of his tenure?

Status
Not open for further replies.