Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

It's a great win, however his tactics were hardly the reason we won all things considered. You can see he put much better tactics against them in the home game or in League Cup game actually. Today we just got lucky as hell from the moment Kante got injured till the end.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
It’s a clear agenda my friend.

I wouldn’t bother because they won’t listen, they want an Argie who hasn’t won anything or Italian manager who will play shite football etc etc. They will be amazing I’m sure.

It’s clear to me that when we have a full strength side and importantly once we add quality in the summer that we will improve.

The things that Ole has tried to implement such as the forward press will be possible with the right players.

Ultimately we have been good against the top sides, with an improved and full strength side there is no reason we can’t consistently beat the lower placed sides.
Glad your happy about Manchester United playing with five defenders and absolutely no attacking plan what so ever against that team. 3 points don't always paint the real picture either.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
1 win isn't going to change my mind on Ole, but I'm happy we won. Unless Ole goes on a impressive winning run, I still want a better manager at Man utd. Just like I want see Lindgaard be replaced by a quality or world class nr 10, I want to see a young quality manager in his prime managing Man Utd. The fact that we can make CL football by coming 5th with a horrible points record doesn't change my mind. If he goes on a consistent winning run from here on maybe he merits another season, but I would still want to see a better manager at the helm.

el3mel

At least when people look at the Chelsea squad played tonight they'll stop saying they have a better squad than us. They have a terrible one and have been punishing above their weight actually.

edgecutter

Can someone sit him down and tell him "Whatever you've been saying to Fred, do it with the rest of them" please?
Fred was always a decent player. You don't have Man city chasing you if you aren't good enough. Fred is showing his worth due to getting games. Ole has been forced to use him due to injuries, Ole benched him last year when he gave a pen away to arsenal and he never seem to get a run.

mu4c_20le

At least when people look at the Chelsea squad played tonight they'll stop saying they have a better squad than us. They have a terrible one and have been punishing above their weight actually.
Not having a proper centre forward really hurt them, they had at least two big chances in the first half. With that said, now that they are suffering from injuries and low morale, we are able to take a proper look at Lampard.

SteveW

To those who've made up your mind.

Why not give him a chance? Bruno looks a huge upgrade on Pereira and should help our creativity a lot.

Why are you so sure we won't improve as the midfield gets better? Do you honestly think we won't break teams down if we have say Bruno, Grealish, Rashford and maybe Sancho in the team next season?

We're already doing the harder task of beating the good sides. Ole gets his tactics right every time in these games. Why do you want to hire a manager who can't do that?

And why do you think SAFs head coach can't train players? Because they couldn't turn Andreas into Bruno. All managers need to sign players to improve teams. Poch, Klopp, Pep anyone. Its one of the biggest parts of the job and Ole has got 4 signings out of 4 right. It bodes really well for the future that he can do that.

I don't understand you people.

Dobba

Fred was always a decent player. You don't have Man city chasing you if you aren't good enough. Fred is showing his worth due to getting games. Ole has been forced to use him due to injuries, Ole benched him last year when he gave a pen away to arsenal and he never seem to get a run.
The bloke couldn't pass wind under the apparent genius of Mourinho.

SharpshooterTom

Remember a number of our fans here were calling him our worst ever manager.

That includes all those post Busby managers who ended up getting us relegated.

Simple, if he gets us back into the CL, he deserves another season, if not then relieve him of his duties.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Man City also chased Sanchez harder than they chased Fred and he's been dog shit. There were even reports presumably leaked by Jose's camp that he was purchased despite not being Jose's interest.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Remember a number of our fans here were calling him our worst ever manager.

That includes all those post Busby managers who ended up getting us relegated.

Simple, if he gets us back into the CL, he deserves another season, if not then relieve him of his duties.
He is our worst manager post SAF thats for sure. If he gets 4th yes, but if we get into the CL from 5th then still relieve him of his duties.

rio's upper lip

Ole ekes by, yet again. He has a way of getting big wins when the pressure is well and truly on. Won't win enough to make a real difference in future title runs and won't lose enough to get sacked.

The ultimate dream of any rival fan.

Woodward, the board, the Glazers and Ole must all go. These last 7 years have been an absolute embarrassment.

RUCK4444

Glad your happy about Manchester United playing with five defenders and absolutely no attacking plan what so ever against that team. 3 points don't always paint the real picture either.
It’s funny because if we had lost I’m positive you would have used those same three points as a reason to slate Ole and it being another wasted chance to break into the top four.

Good goals, we had more or equal attempts, again the focus seems to be to play it forward, fullbacks playing well, half decent press that will improve with recruitment. There are positives but let’s ignore them eh

The points and factors we judge him on only count when it’s to help build a case against Ole. Agenda.

That’s why I won’t waste my time here tonight, nite lads, enjoy wallowing in Oleresentment

the chameleon

Still think he has to be upgraded. Even when we start to win, it always feels like a false dawn. His in game management once was Football Manager level. No wonder players fatigued when there are no substitutions until minute 80.

We had a good game, but I’m not going to let a game change my opinion.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Why not give him a chance? Bruno looks a huge upgrade on Pereira and should help our creativity a lot.

Why are you so sure we won't improve as the midfield gets better? Do you honestly think we won't break teams down if we have say Bruno, Grealish, Rashford and maybe Sancho in the team next season?

We're already doing the harder task of beating the good sides. Ole gets his tactics right every time in these games. Why do you want to hire a manager who can't do that?

And why do you think SAFs head coach can't train players? Because they couldn't turn Andreas into Bruno. All managers need to sign players to improve teams. Poch, Klopp, Pep anyone. Its one of the biggest parts of the job and Ole has got 4 signings out of 4 right. It bodes really well for the future that he can do that.

For me it's simply the performances. Like tonight, it's great that we got the win but I felt like we were actually rubbish. Scored 2 headers but other than that I felt we looked as clueless as ever in attack and still rode our luck like never before in defence.

The thing is I'm at the point now where I just wouldn't take any good run that seriously because I've seen already how drastically the wheels can come off. I think we could disguise our shortcomings with better players but ultimately I think we need a better manager along with those players to get back to where we really want to be. In my opinion anything else is just delaying the inevitable and one day we will need to part ways with Ole anyway.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He is our worst manager post SAF thats for sure. If he gets 4th yes, but if we get into the CL from 5th then still relieve him of his duties.
Moyes would kill to have a quarter of the big moments Ole has had. So calling him the worst manger post Ferguson is a bit tiring. He's also managed to not have a squad mutiny, which Moyes had within half a season.

mu4c_20le

Moyes would kill to have a quarter of the big moments Ole has had. So calling him the worst manger post Ferguson is a bit tiring. He's also managed to not have a squad mutiny, which Moyes had within half a season.
Moyes will always have Olympiakos.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Needs to finish in top 4 for me if he wants to survive the axe. There is no two ways about it.

Please stop saying Moyes. His time was nightmare. Ole has some incredible moments.

NJM78

He will keep his job if he gets us CL and now with 5th looking likely Ole can certainly count himself fortunate that everyone around us are equally as bad.

I still want him gone at the end of season regardless.

crossy1686

career ending
Suicide watch for some in here after tonight’s result. Just be happy for once. If Solskjaer gets us in the champions league he deserves another season, like it or not. You’re entitled to think he’s not good enough to be our manager but try the criticism of some comes across as constant sniping and moaning about everything makes some of you look very petty.

We’re three points off 4th with our best players to come back from injury yet. CL football could actually be achievable!

Flexdegea

How did that clusterfeck finished second and had that honeymoon period when he got the job ? Must be the best clusterfeck I have seen.

Have you no memory?

Can you not remember the toxicity around the club before he went, never mind the results, and the absolute state he like the squad in. Definition of a clusterfeck.

Jose was brought in to win a title,

Fletchageddon

You can't gurn that we can't break teams down and then gurn that we 'only scored two headers'.

Not every match is going to be 4/5-0 you have to win ugly and have luck. Tonight we did that. I've lost track of the amount of shite 1-0 matches Liverpool have won this year. It doesn't matter. A win is a win. We know the team can play well and expansively. We needed to and have added an ugly win.

Let's keep it up.

el3mel

Have you no memory?

Can you not remember the toxicity around the club before he went, never mind the results, and the absolute state he like the squad in. Definition of a clusterfeck.

Jose was brought in to win a title,
Why did you dodge the question ? How did this clusterfeck finish 2nd the season before, and had the honeymoon period when Ole got the job ?

crossy1686

career ending
They’ve got a bit of us about them. We went on that amazing run when Ole took over and then the results evened out towards the end of the season. Same things happening to them. All their results were front loaded, they’re evening out now.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Good post. 7 wins out of 10 away against the top six. Also done Leicester and PSG away in that period.

el3mel

We went to the Bridge and came away with the points, so I think not.
Great result but definitely not a performance to build on, more of the same performance and we won't be as lucky every game as having the opponent missing free chances and getting 2 goals disallowed, with losing their most important midfielder early in the game and us not getting a sent off which could have been called on another day. More of this performance and we'll lose more often than not surely. Let's take on the great result and try to improve on such performance next games.

Status
Not open for further replies.