g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
Make your own forum and moderate the shit out of it all you like?
Was there a question in there? You don’t think it’s pretty ridiculous how many times people quote out of context and derail threads? You think makes it a good football forum?

But the poster said he didn’t read it, so I have no problem with it...Others wouldn’t show such class. Guess I have found my scout fan :lol:

Enjoy the match tonight :)

Edit. I’m out of posts. No mate. I think it should be moderated towards football discussions. It really isn’t that difficult. Posts taking a thread off track should be moderated. Answer questions with questions. Class!

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Was there a question in there? You don’t think it’s pretty ridiculous how many times people quote out of context and derail threads? You think makes it a good football forum?

But the poster said he didn’t read it, so I have no problem with it...Others wouldn’t show such class. Guess I have found my scout fan :lol:

Enjoy the match tonight :)
Do you think the forum should be moderated exactly to your needs?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Out of interest, which other current Premier League managers would people prefer over Ole?
Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Rodgers, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Nuno, Howe, Wilder, Hasenhüttl, Potter, Lampard, Arteta, Dyche, Pearson, Hodgson, Smith, Farke, Bruce... In that order.

Moyes is the only one i wouldn't take.

Look at Farke, Smith, Bruce. They promoted their teams winning the Championship & Play-Offs. What did Ole do in the Championship after relegating Cardiff?

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Wouldn't pick fat Frank because of his past associations but I do think he'll become a good manager.
If Wilder can sustain his form another couple of seasons then he maybe would be in with a shout.

Right here, right now
Klopp
Pep
Rodgers
Howe
And if Poch counts I'd definitely include him.
So, you think Ole is the fifth best manager in the league?

hobbers

The only Prem managers I wouldn't swap Ole out for in a heartbeat are Bruce, Moyes and Hodgson. :lol:

SAFMUTD

Ole is very similar to Daniel James, they both started great then went of a cliff. They offer nothing new each game, but still by some miracle some people argue they will eventualy come as top manager/player with time.

L1nk

No idea what we are doing for the majority of the game, his choice of formation just wasn't working either, good thing Chelsea's finishing is so poor

New formation, good half time scoreline, that'll do nicely. All fingers and toes crossed we hold onto this, and get Rashford, McTom and Pogba back soon, it really is the hope that kills you :nervous:

One thing I will say though is like feck Chelsea have a better squad than us, they are shite, 4th through virtue of United and Spurs being utter turd all season.

dirkey

We've won once there in the PL in the last 8 years. Doesn't matter who's managing it is a historically tough trip.
Does he know what historically means do you think?
So, Chelsea, with 5 wins, 4 losses and 3 draws at home, scoring slightly more than a goal a game under this current regime ... is historically tough?

Maybe, Withnail, you don't understand what "tough" means?

Regarding the past 8 years - how many different managers? How similar are the teams? Totally different. Under Frank, this is not a tough trip, relative to the past 10 years.

L1nk

He's doing it again :devil:
Getting ridiculously lucky? We've been second best to everything and somehow we've come away with a positive scoreline. Can't wait for the Ole in's to crawl out of the woodwork like this performance so far is reason to give him another 5 seasons

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Who cares that we scored a lucky goal against the run of play? By the run of play, we deserve to be behind.

5 at the back with no attacking plan? This is nothing new really. Contrary to popular belief, he never attacks or takes any risks to win matches. He's just a hideous manager.

RollieOle

Getting ridiculously lucky? We've been second best to everything and somehow we've come away with a positive scoreline. Can't wait for the Ole in's to crawl out of the woodwork like this performance so far is reason to give him another 5 seasons
Must be hard, hating the manager so much you cant enjoy watching your team winning, i wouldn't know luckily for me.

Oles at the wheel

Eriku

Yeah, and I can’t wait for massive straw men erected by Ole-outers! It’ll be glorious.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Question. Why are people genuinely so happy seeing us winning, whilst seeing us 2nd best to everything? Although it's nice, you only get so far on luck alone.

You get what you deserve at the end of the season, and there's no denying we don't deserve anything off the back of our performances this season. Today is no different.

Do people think it's not right, that the manager should be accountable for that?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ole has got the luck of the Gods, with the wrongly disallowed Chelsea goal. Fred pushes Azpi into our player, yet it's disallowed for a foul on Azpi. Madness.

crossy1686

career ending
Question. Why are people genuinely so happy seeing us winning, whilst seeing us 2nd best to everything? Although it's nice, you only get so far on luck alone.

You get what you deserve at the end of the season, and there's no denying we don't deserve anything off the back of our performances this season. Today is no different.

Do people think it's not right, that the manager should be accountable for that?
You realise we’ve only won here something like 3 times in the last 26 years or something? Being second best and winning is all we can hope for

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Tonight's result is inconsequential. Ultimately, this will be another false dawn.

Mainoldo

Tonight's result is inconsequential. Ultimately, this will be another false dawn.
We have the better players. But yet they are 4th and we are where we are. Only thing that pains me about this game.

But really happy tonight!! Let’s hope we win next week. We need the Champions League.

SteveW

Great win in a vital game. Keeps happening.

Bruno looks a great signing.

RUCK4444

:lol: :lol: Some of you guys are so miserable.

We’ve beaten them three times this season.

We are still missing our two best players.

Some of you need to get a grip. Its like your willing us to lose just so you can see the back of Ole.

passing-wind

Irrespective of feelings towards the manager the result was much needed. I can't mention how many times I've said this in the season but we need to build from the result. Good win

90 + 5min

I never seen so many fans from a team gutted that we are winning.

It is not even shocking anymore. People are actually against us but pretending to be fans. Instead of talking about well executed game and now 3 points from Champions League place...

At least, for now, there will not be 9th place talking, Lampard is better or "even Wolves and Everton are infront of us".

NoPace

I think Ole's done well again at setting us up to defend and counter. Obviously should be replaced this summer by someone with a proper way of playing but if I was a Champo or even bottom half of Prem club looking for the next Hodgson, Dyche or Benitez type to set up a team to be miserable to play against I'd be scouting him after this season.

But yeah we need a new manager this summer. Even only looking at current and recent Prem candidates, I'd be cautiously optimistic about Pochettino, Rodgers, Hassenhuttl or Wilder.

Hard to believe someone like the Slavia Praha manager or another guy doing brilliantly wouldn't be a better option for us in the summer.

RUCK4444

I never seen so many fans from a team gutted that we are winning.

It is not even shocking anymore. People are actually against us but pretending to be fans. Instead of talking about well executed game and now 3 points from Champions League place...

At least, for now, there will not be 9th place talking, Lampard is better or "even Wolves and Everton are infront of us".
It’s a clear agenda my friend.

I wouldn’t bother because they won’t listen, they want an Argie who hasn’t won anything or Italian manager who will play shite football etc etc. They will be amazing I’m sure.

It’s clear to me that when we have a full strength side and importantly once we add quality in the summer that we will improve.

The things that Ole has tried to implement such as the forward press will be possible with the right players.

Ultimately we have been good against the top sides, with an improved and full strength side there is no reason we can’t consistently beat the lower placed sides.

Rafaeldagold

We weren’t terrible tonight, draw would have been fair probably but so happy with the win. In the final third again we didn’t look great & I think that comes down to the coaching but an average performance, great result.

edgecutter

Happy to win, but again not enough to suggest that we will go on a run. We are still struggling to create and that's going to be a major issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.