g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bloody-Nine

It makes perfect sense. You see, Ole has done perfect with the rebuild so far. I am more unsure when he actually got the players to compete. I hope he can be a elite manager, but I am not 100% convinced in that regard.
I believe your definition of 'perfect' is somewhat different to mine.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Nah man, I don't, I'm just a cnut and I presume it's showing in my tone. Just to make myself clear on that, I was referring purely to the 'SAF's golden years' bit, I'm well aware of what has happened before SAF and during his first couple of years. I guess that for me it's just beyond understanding at this point how Ole gets so much support (as a coach, mind) but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Don't take this personally one bit.
Nah mate we're good, we're just got different levels of pain tolerance.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think the Mourinho appointment stank of "well if that's who the fans want let's go for it, they are not gonna stop till we do, let 'em find out the hard way he isn't suited to the club"

And too much is made of differing philosophies, its 11 v 11, if the coach, and more importantly the players are good enough professional players should be able to switch from defend for your lives tactics to everybody forward leave defending to chance tactics within a few months. at most.
Glad you said you're 'here for the humour', because that made me laugh.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Results have been poor and to be honest for a such a big club, we have been extremely patient with our managers.

David Moyes wouldn't have survived 8 months in other top clubs. LVG survived 2 seasons and Mourinho after the moaning he did before the start of the season in which he was sacked, I was surprised he wasn't sacked earlier.

Ole has next to no credential as a manager and should be nowhere near the post. We appointed him to be stop gap and made a mistake in not going for managers who are more proven and a DOF. Ole's appointment and his inevitable sacking will again set us back but the longer we take to sack him, the longer we delay our recovery. Ole's performance hasn't been good and there is nothing to suggest he will get it better as his record as manager is nothing to write about. I see people compare him to Sir Alex but the managerial record of Sir Alex even before he joined United was quite astonishing.

Mainoldo

People are awake and swinging at Solskjaer and the club. I wonder what would happen if those people sometime would support the team?

They didn't fell apart couse they had a squad where they could field 2 teams and come 1th and 3rd with Liverpool in between. Luxury we don't have when we get our players injured.
With that said what was your point of bringing up Laporte? They still have the same squad and are currently second even with the big injury loss. You cannont define a team being 9th based on injures. Small margins at the top yes... not what we are currently doing no...

Support the team? We are supporting the team that's why we have complaints. Otherwise we wouldn't care. I don't care how Arsenal are getting on because I don't support them.

Maybe you should support the team instead of just following the team.

Chairman Steve

I have an old university friend who supports Cardiff and he sees not much change in OGS when managing at Cardiff and now Utd (nicest guy you could meet but non-existant tactics, bad results and not a good manager). Worryingly he also said Cardiff spent a ton of money on duds under him and is seen as the undisputed worst manager they’ve had in recent memory in terms of player recruitment. Warnock's Cardiff team that got promoted apparently cost a fraction of OGSs assembled Championship team.

Cardiff friend also thinks objectively we’re batshit insane to carry on with him and not appoint Pochettino.

Mainoldo

I have an old university friend who supports Cardiff and he sees not much change in OGS when managing at Cardiff and now Utd (nicest guy you could meet but non-existant tactics, bad results and not a good manager). Worryingly he also said Cardiff spent a ton of money on duds under him and is seen as the undisputed worst manager they’ve had in recent memory in terms of player recruitment. Warnock's Cardiff team that got promoted apparently cost a fraction of OGSs assembled Championship team.

Cardiff friend also thinks objectively we’re batshit insane to carry on with him and not appoint Pochettino.
Cardiff fan at work told me exactly the same thing this time last year. Said just wait you'll see his faults, can't set up a team and just a very poor coach. Also said couldn't settle on a first XI, which i can't see has happened here.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It makes perfect sense. You see, Ole has done perfect with the rebuild so far. I am more unsure when he actually got the players to compete. I hope he can be a elite manager, but I am not 100% convinced in that regard.
Ah. Well i'm glad you're not 100% convinced yet as I was worried there for a moment. Let us know when you're 100% convinced, I'm sure it will be a weight off all our minds!

Wilt

*****Cardiff friend also thinks objectively we’re batshit insane to carry on with him and not appoint Pochettino.*****
No argument, your friend is absolutely bang on the money. We‘re nuts not to appoint Pochettino asap.

Chairman Steve

No argument, your friend is absolutely bang on the money. We‘re nuts not to appoint Pochettino asap.
I know someone who’s a Newcastle fan who told me about Glenn Roeder‘s Newcastle stint 15 years ago.

A former club stalwart attains a freak set of amazing results in the latter half of a season as a caretaker manager when absolutely no one expected it. He gets given the job full time but ends up going backwards after that. It involves results dropping dramatically from the purple patch, fans getting pissed at the chairman for his past and present decision making, a ton of first team injuries and increasing reliance on using youth players from the academy.

...Does this sound familiar? :o

fezzerUTD

Woodward has wanted rid of Ole for a while now, but doesn't want another sacking so soon on his watch. It's so obvious, even he isn't that blind.

Wayne's World

The nonsense I'm seeing from his quotes tonight on twitter is on a whole new level. He's literally brainwashed you into thinking we are Stoke City and it will take years. Does it feck take years, If you go and invent properly then you can turn a football club around in months not fecking years....

Honestly I hope he goes because I don't think I'll see him in the same light ever again after he finally does get fired

RedBanker

I love you Ole
"If we play well the rest of the season and players that we might want are impressed by that it might be easier to convince them.

"So this season with the Europa League, if next season is with or without Champions League I wouldn't say that is the be all and end all for a player to sign for us."

:lol: :lol::lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't know what He's on about but surely He didn't have to try that hard to convince us if it's okay We don't get a CL spot. Because it's not okay. Sometimes it's best not to talk at all.

It's a loss however you look at it. Some players (especially the good, upcoming ones) want to play CL matches. The club lose out on potential revenue if They don't play in CL. And CL will make the club more attractive to the general public. In places where armchair fans live, They mostly only care about the top 4 clubs. Sure there are some odd ones like someone in Philippines supporting Westham but that's an exception than the norm. The 0.0001%.

Micky Targaryen

If this thread has taught me anything, is that these "Ole-inners" has either coaching experience/badges or have been to OT many times. They can see and understand things beyond what we regular fans see, have infinite more knowledge on football, and have the patience of a monk.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If this thread has taught me anything, is that these "Ole-inners" has either coaching experience/badges or have been to OT many times. They can see and understand things beyond what we regular fans see, have infinite more knowledge on football, and have the patience of a monk.
Some went to India with GlastonSpur to find peace at the peak of Himalaya. So don't be surprised.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
An embarrassment beyond imagination when the manager of Manchester effin United spouts this nonsense.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It can't be a cultural rebuild until We go down to the Championship, sell all non Mancunian players, replace them with academy products, get used to the Championship for 4 years to build mental toughness and just mental overall, let the kids grow up till They're aged 23-24 and get promoted back to PL.

Only then can the rebuild be finished. No more FAKE rebuild like the ones Jose and Van Gaal had. This is called destroying your house to fix the bathroom. Feck the plumbers. Demolish your own house, no mercy. After all is done, We'll have 23-24 y.o lads mixed with 30 years old Lingard and Pereira who will walk through barbed wires and fire for Ole. THAT is the culture. The culture of men, not woman or little children like Juan Mata.

Coops73

There is still the Europa league and if we can reach the latest stages of the competition with a different manager and the likes of rashford, mctominay, pogba back from injury we would have a good chance of winning it.
True, I would be surprised to see Rashford anytime soon but the sooner we get McTominay and Pogba back the better, I just hope it won’t be too late.

jamesjimmybyrondean

What's with the reasoning that if we sack Ole we will have to rip apart the plan again and start again? I mean isn't it the club itself that's going through a rebuild without a DOF. If the rebuild is done by a DOF instead and he sacks the manager in charge will the DOF scrap his plans or vision for the new manager?

Pochettino being our most likely candidate even makes it certain that we won't have to start rebuild again or ripping anything apart. What exactly will he rip apart from Ole's work? Is it the promotion of youth that Pochettino is known for? Will Pochettino stop clearing deadwood that every manager does? Will he sell Bruno and AWB, both players he wanted at Tottenham or will he sell Maguire our best defender and Daniel James a squad player? What exactly will Pochettino rip apart?

I get the feeling that most Ole in don't rate Pochettino. It's the only explanation on why they will want to continue with a manager who has proven to be low tier despite a top one being available that can do all the supposedly good things Ole has done

AneRu

Not perfect by any means, can't see how you can call it 'perfect' and yet we have the worst points in the premier league. Isn't it as risky to get another manager to get us to the top later and should stick to Ole for the rebuild for now, I don't see any sense in that.

What if at that time, the manager we bring in strips the team again, he may not like the players Ole brought in. Or he has a completely different philosophy. Either way, we need to get the right manager in, if that's manager is available then Ole needs to go, not get him to rebuild, then find the 'top' manager. They may never be one available.
This is the risk and I can see it happening to AWB with practically any other modern manager if do bring one in. You can't entrust what will end up as a half a billion pound rebuild on a manager you don't trust to get the results as that rebuild will be compromised by the flaws inherent in that manager. Suppose we hire Poch next season and he wants to implement a high pressing style with the defense pushed up several yards, can he do it with a slow player like Maguire? What if we want to play three at the back, can we do it with AWB as a wingback? Ole has proven that he isn't good enough for the level we should compete at and continuing with him for frivolous sentimental reasons not based on facts is just shooting ourselves in the foot and will hurt us far more than the rot of the previous years because unlike then now the money is running out and we might not have the muscle to back the next manager effectively.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ole had that effect when he took the helm from Jose. It means nothing tbh. Our situation was the same regardless. We had to rebuild and we are on our way in that regard.
You are quite right about that.
It is what happened after and is still happening now that is the problem.
And that is nothing to do with rebuild. It is down to lack of consistency, lack of high quality coaching and lack of leadership.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Exactly... hardly luck all three clubs have played better football with generally inferior players especially in Shef Utds case!
Sheffield United have done remarkably well, primarily the result of being coached to play for eachother as a unit.
I hope for their sake that it doesn't go wrong next season.

Ole had that effect when he took the helm from Jose. It means nothing tbh. Our situation was the same regardless. We had to rebuild and we are on our way in that regard.
We've been rebuilding for 7 years @Acquire Me, SEVEN YEARS! Moyes thought he had 6 years to do it regardless of results. LVG did a huge rebuild and fecked it up pretty badly, Mourinho improved it again but then fecked it in his own special way, Ole is fecking it up worst of all.

"Rebuilding", the idea needs to die, we're the only top club who bangs on about this shite and uses it as an excuse for 7 fecking years.

A top manager "improves" his squad every transfer window, and results improve as the squad improves. Mourinho did this for 2 years and showed exactly how it can be done, then we changed the rules on him, which I must say, I think was probably a good idea for United as a club going forward. Absolutely no manager should need 11 new players before people can judge them, with each new big addition the improvement in the team should be noticeable.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We've been rebuilding for 7 years @Acquire Me, Moyes didn't know how to. LVG did a huge fecked it up pretty badly, Mourinho fecked it in his own special way, Ole is fecking it up worst of all.

"Rebuilding", we're the only top club who bangs on about this shite and uses it as an excuse for 7 fecking years.
Yeah maybe we are the only big club who are in transition for forever.

As long as we keep hiring poor coaches, we won't get out of it.

Yeah maybe we are the only big club who are in transition for forever.

As long as we keep hiring poor coaches, we won't get out of it.
Agreed.

And as long as we keep kidding ourselves that every new coach, no matter how poor the results or the football, deserves a bucket load of money and 2 years before we can expect improvement, the worse it'll get.

Bayern for example take no shit, they expect their managers to deliver and fire them more regularly than us post SAF. They would never allow themselves to fall into the position of letting manager after manager feck the squad up whilst not giving them the results and football they demand.
Give them the football and the results = more money and more time.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
What is there to even rebuild? We have a pretty talented young squad right now with a good mix of youth and experience. People who support Ole generally say we're 3 or 4 signings away from being a top team but isn't that pretty much the case for any team in our position i.e. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs? And if we're only 3 or 4 signings away then how on earth is that a big rebuild?

There's no rebuild required, we just need to get a good manager in, let him get 2 or 3 top players of the mould of Graelish and Sancho (bit of a longshot, but just an example) and then, because they're a good manager, they'll be able to take us up to that next level, because that's what good managers do, they improve the teams they have, they don't harp on about being in transition or needing five fecking years to do a rebuild or some bollox.

Green Arrow

Ole hasn't got a clue what he is doing! He is hoping to get any kind of player in and then just puts them onto the field hoping they will work some magic by themselves and go onto win the game. There is no planning whatsoever no idea what he does in training (Doesn't look like much).

How can we be rebuilding for 7 years for a club like Man United is beyond me no other top team would do this yet we are doing it year in year out.
He just needs to go and we need to plan for the next manager properly but I doubt that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.