Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

Honestly, it's hard to get excited about a manager who has United on pace for 57 points. It's great that his current signings look solid, but you have to make good signings AND get results.

Think about it-- the squad IMO is better than last year. He needs 8 wins in his final 10 games just to match last season's point total. We've regressed on the pitch despite a better squad.

If you think the squad is worse than last year, that's fine, but I respectfully disagree. If you feel the squad is worse than last season, then that blame falls on Ole. So either, he is underperforming with a better squad which is the stance I'm taking, or he is performing ok/below average, but with a weaker squad that was his own doing. Either way, neither are positives for Ole.
League position is the only thing that counts. Points tally for the different places vary from year to year

Mainoldo

Well regardless of whether you think he's actually doing a good job or not (i'm not too convinced, myself), the thing that does separate Ole from those two is intent. That's a big thing for me.
His requirement has been spot on. Except that sympathy signing in James. Didn’t agree with it at the time.

But was anyone really upset with Any if LVG’s summers? I mean honestly.. in hindsight we can all make stuff up. But at the time no-one was disappointed so I don’t get the new opinions. Also Mourinho’s first summer is still the best requirement wise.

Rajma

League position is the only thing that counts. Points tally for the different places vary from year to year
People get that, and as Liverpool's point tally implies the league is a joke this year, yet we're on course for only 50 odd points.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
His requirement has been spot on. Except that sympathy signing in James. Didn’t agree with it at the time.

But was anyone really upset with Any if LVG’s summers? I mean honestly.. in hindsight we can all make stuff up. But at the time no-one was disappointed so I don’t get the new opinions. Also Mourinho’s first summer is still the best requirement wise.
I assume you mean recruitment. I'm not even talking about recruitment. I said i like his intent. As in, his attitudes towards the game and how he wants us to play. Also, not many people are making stuff up regarding LVG. Whatever grievances they have with LVG now, they had with him then.

Mainoldo

I assume you mean recruitment. I'm not even talking about recruitment. I said i like his intent. As in, his attitudes towards the game and how he wants us to play. Also, not many people are making stuff up regarding LVG. Whatever grievances they have with LVG now, they had with him then.
What signings of LVG didn’t make sense?

Also what style? Our style is pretty much the same as Jose’s except the wingers aren’t told to hold the full backs hand.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Also what style? Our style is pretty much the same as Jose’s except the wingers aren’t told to hold the full backs hand.
I know I wasn't asked, but Di Maria made no sense. He was the least LVG mould of player I could think of.

theklr

People get that, and as Liverpool's point tally implies the league is a joke this year, yet we're on course for only 50 odd points.
Yeah, but if those 50 points makes us 4th, would you say our last season was better?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

I didn't say anything about recruitment. You keep going on about that, not me.

And by intent, i mean the attitude we go into games with. Mourinho's main objective was not to lose. That came before anything. We have issues now - no denying it - but you can't accuse Ole of having that attitude. For most games, anyway

I know I wasn't asked, but Di Maria made no sense. He was the least LVG mould of player I could think of.
That was definitely a Woodward signing, much like Sánchez. A case of “he’s available, fancy it?”
Pretty sure LVG had name dropped him in pre-season when talking about us needing a winger of that quality?

Mainoldo

Fair enough I just put that down to he didn’t fancy it. I don’t see why LVG couldn’t make Di Maria a player.. he didn’t have a problem with Robben.

Really? Didn’t we sign Depay that summer though? Or was that the following?

Could have though, Di Maria won Madrid their 10th CL on his own the season before we signed him.
LVG in pre-season:

”We don't have wingers of the highest level, like [Cristiano] Ronaldo or Di Maria or somebody like that. So, I have to play in another way – and you have seen that already. I only buy when I think we need to buy – in the position that is necessary,"

lysglimt

Scout
December :lol: your off your rocker. If you can’t make your mind up by May, clearly he’s not doing a good job.

To answer your question. Ole Gunner Solskjær is the worst pound for pound manager in the league and he currently manages our club.

You simple don’t rate Poch that’s fine, but there are more managers available who could replace him.
Clearly he is not - and to even claim such a thing is simply stupid.

lysglimt

Scout
It’s just my opinion.. but obviously I’m being dramatic. But if I’m being 100 percent honest. If we went through all the clubs in the league not one of them would swap their current manager for ours.

Whilst we know that’s not the same answer for us. This pretty much sums it up.
Ask Spurs-fans what they think

Mainoldo

I didn't say anything about recruitment. You keep going on about that, not me.

And by intent, i mean the attitude we go into games with. Mourinho's main objective was not to lose. That came before anything. We have issues now - no denying it - but you can't accuse Ole of having that attitude. For most games, anyway
Okay.. but your basically saying you have a ‘feeling’ we go into games wanting to win?

I mean is that what really matters?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Okay.. but your basically saying you have a ‘feeling’ we go into games wanting to win?

I mean is that what really matters?
No, i'm not saying "feeling". I'm saying intent. Which informs the way we play and how we approach the game. As i said, it's not perfect, but i no longer go into games absolutely dreading them like i did under Mourinho. Under Mourinho the main objective was not to lose, which would hinder how we would play. It was ultimately a negative approach that would translate to the players. For all of Ole's faults, that's not one of them.

Again, i'm not even sure Ole is the right man for us. But i would absolutely take him over LVG and Jose any day of the week. No question.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Mourinho getting Spurs to play shit football. LVG retired. Moyes coaching a low tier team. Maybe... Just maybe we've never appointed a good manager post Fergie. Maybe all we've appointed is the Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck of Managers

L1nk

Mourinho getting Spurs to play shit football. LVG retired. Moyes coaching a low tier team. Maybe... Just maybe we've never appointed a good manager post Fergie. Maybe all we've appointed is the Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck of Managers
I mean, everybody can agree Moyes was never up to it and shouldn't have got the job in the first place and LVG's glory days were many years in the past, and Mourinho hasn't been the Mourinho of old since after his stint at Real, even though he had some success after. We've employed has been's and never been's, you cannot deny it really, i'd love to see us employ a manager that's on the up and up, Solskjaer isn't.

432JuanMata

I really get what both sides are saying they both have points. I feel that Ole has it in his hands top 4 or EL win and he will stay which he will deserve too but no CL and surely he goes ? Every other manager has been sacked when we missed out on CL will it be the same ?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I really get what both sides are saying they both have points. I feel that Ole has it in his hands top 4 or EL win and he will stay which he will deserve too but no CL and surely he goes ? Every other manager has been sacked when we missed out on CL will it be the same ?
I think this is it. I think if he gets CL he fully deserves to stay on, especially considering he would have done it with THAT squad. If he doesn't get it I can see him getting the boot. Would be gutted for him if that happens. Really believe in what he's doing - just hope he gets the time.

Mainoldo

Imagine that. But most people don’t see it like that.

Foxbatt

Of course if he get to CL spot or EL he is going to stay but that doesn't mean he is good enough to win the PL or the CL even in a few years time. Nothing he has done so far shows he is capable of doing this. He is not a newbie to managerial position either. There are a few managers who have the capacity to it with financial backing of a club like United. By the way I am not a fan of Poch either. I think he is too rigid in his ways too. I think someone like Rose or Nagelsmann would be a much better choice.

lysglimt

Scout
I mean, everybody can agree Moyes was never up to it and shouldn't have got the job in the first place and LVG's glory days were many years in the past, and Mourinho hasn't been the Mourinho of old since after his stint at Real, even though he had some success after. We've employed has been's and never been's, you cannot deny it really, i'd love to see us employ a manager that's on the up and up, Solskjaer isn't.
And what makes you so certain about that ?

L1nk

And what makes you so certain about that ?
Because he's been a manager for 9 years now and won the Norwegian league twice, that's it, as well as getting Cardiff relegated and having them in relegation form before being sacked, he also had us in absolute free fall last season after his initial run of games, and now has us languishing anywhere between 4th and 10th in one of the worst PL seasons In a good long while. He's not some up and coming new exciting manager, he's been around.

So, please explain to me why he's on the up and up, because he signed a few good players? Because we're playing a little better now we've signed Bruno? Come on

Kostov

If Ole gets top 4 or win the EL than he should get more time, but it’s highly unlikely. Anything else and he should be getting the sack.

If Ole gets top 4 or win the EL than he should get more time, but it’s highly unlikely.
If we drop the agenda drive BS, why is it highly unlikely? We are 3 points of 4th. We have won more points than any of the other clubs in position 3-8 the last 10 games. We have not lost a game since Bruno joined us. McTominay is back. We got Pogba coming back from injury soon. The two clubs that are 3rd and 4th, has won 1 in last 7 and 1 in last 6 PL games. I would say there is a very good chance of catching up, and finish top 4.

Mainoldo

If we drop the agenda drive BS, why is it highly unlikely? We are 3 points of 4th. We have won more points than any of the other clubs in position 3-8 the last 10 games. We have not lost a game since Bruno joined us. McTominay is back. We got Pogba coming back from injury soon. The two clubs that are 3rd and 4th, has won 1 in last 7 and 1 in last 6 PL games. I would say there is a very good chance of catching up, and finish top 4.
We haven’t won three games in a row and are currently ‘chasing’ fourth. So how is it likely? For it to be likely we would have to go on a five game winning run.

So unless you see that in the near future top 4 finish is not going to happen.

On top of that. How many have we won in our last 6 PL games?

lysglimt

Scout
Because he's been a manager for 9 years now and won the Norwegian league twice, that's it, as well as getting Cardiff relegated and having them in relegation form before being sacked, he also had us in absolute free fall last season after his initial run of games, and now has us languishing anywhere between 4th and 10th in one of the worst PL seasons In a good long while. He's not some up and coming new exciting manager, he's been around.

So, please explain to me why he's on the up and up, because he signed a few good players? Because we're playing a little better now we've signed Bruno? Come on
I could - but since you have already made up your mind i can't be bothered.

I could say something that he made Molde win for the first time in their history

I could say something about him cleaning up LvG and Mourinhos mess

I could say something about getting the smile back in every players face

I could say something about us building a Foundation and finally signing the right players

etc etc

But we will just have to wait and see.

Mainoldo

This Chelsea Everton game is why I don’t buy Ole’s bull!!!

This is what a team looks like that have been drilled to play football.

Mainoldo

Two of the last six. That is twice the wins of the clubs that currently holds 3rd and 4th. Also: 2 of the last 3, if you are not the glass half empty kind of guy. The last time we lost i PL, we didnt have Bruno.
Okay But they look silly when you make it out like our winning form is basically as poor as the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.