Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
...and that is the problem.
If players downed tools, you could argue that the manager can lift them up. In the case Ole, the bad results are when players are trying hard.
Basically, our tactics are not good enough.

We recently played Everton. Our squad, player for player, is far better than Everton. We got a draw, after VAR saved us from an Everton goal.
Had Ancelotti been in charge of our team that day, we'd have won.

Why are people on this forum prepared to settle for a manager who is arguably the worst in the EPL? It makes no sense.
So players are doing their best that is the manager is getting the best of them? But it is not enough. The conclusion reached is Ole is shit tactically and not that we lack depth? :lol:

Against Everton. A in-form side who had not lost last 6 at home. I think we did well. Should have had a better 2nd half but all in all much better than what we were a year back.

Last point not even up for debate. He is not the worst just as he is nowhere near the best.

Mainoldo

It’s just my opinion.. but obviously I’m being dramatic. But if I’m being 100 percent honest. If we went through all the clubs in the league not one of them would swap their current manager for ours.

Whilst we know that’s not the same answer for us. This pretty much sums it up.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
To be honest. That made me laugh as I wrote it :lol:
Cheers lad. We should stop fighting and discuss amiably without the need to look down at others. Caf has gone to shit past few years with so many fan rifts. Can't we agree to disagree and maybe change our opinions (for better or worse) with new evidence to the contrary rather than being "right"?

90 + 5min

December :lol: your off your rocker. If you can’t make your mind up by May, clearly he’s not doing a good job.

To answer your question. Ole Gunner Solskjær is the worst pound for pound manager in the league and he currently manages our club.

You simple don’t rate Poch that’s fine, but there are more managers available who could replace him.
My mind tells me that as long as there is a progress he should be here. And there is a progress. So if no dissaster happens from now to May (And I don’t mean losing couple of games), he should definitly start next season.

So, he is worst according to you.

I think Pochettino is good manager as I’v said lots of times. But at the same time I think there are people here and in media that are overrating him. Because if you are that good as some people want him to be then where is some silverwere as evidence of that greatness. At least one. It is not like he coached Bristol Rovers. He came to Tottenham full of internationals. However, I’m not going into this again. Not here. There is Pochettino thread for this.

Mainoldo

My mind tells me that as long as there is a progress he should be here. And there is a progress. So if no dissaster happens from now to May (And I don’t mean losing couple of games), he should definitly start next season.

So, he is worst according to you.

I think Pochettino is good manager as I’v said lots of times. But at the same time I think there are people here and in media that are overrating him. Because if you are that good as some people want him to be then where is some silverwere as evidence of that greatness. At least one. It is not like he coached Bristol Rovers. He came to Tottenham full of internationals. However, I’m not going into this again. Not here. There is Pochettino thread for this.
It’s not just a few games though is it. He’s been winning a few games every since he got the job full time. It’s not progression but staggered good results which the guys who hope he turns out good... out all there hope on.

He’s one of the worst hence why our results for a team and the club the size of ours aren’t good enough. It’s no surprise our worst seasons in the Premier League our with our worst managers.

I can’t argue with your opinion if you just want to judge Pochettino on silverware that’s fine. But I remember the team he took on a team that was carried by Gareth Bale heading in no direction. Yes he should have won the league when Leicester won it but that team should have never been in the race anyway. Like Leicester they was overachieving. I wish we had more seasons like that.

Mainoldo

Cheers lad. We should stop fighting and discuss amiably without the need to look down at others. Caf has gone to shit past few years with so many fan rifts. Can't we agree to disagree and maybe change our opinions (for better or worse) with new evidence to the contrary rather than being "right"?
We can never take this too serious. It’s never personal.

90 + 5min

It’s not just a few games though is it. He’s been winning a few games every since he got the job full time. It’s not progression but staggered good results which the guys who hope he turns out good... out all there hope on.

He’s one of the worst hence why our results for a team and the club the size of ours aren’t good enough. It’s no surprise our worst seasons in the Premier League our with our worst managers.

I can’t argue with your opinion if you just want to judge Pochettino on silverware that’s fine. But I remember the team he took on a team that was carried by Gareth Bale heading in no direction. Yes he should have won the league when Leicester won it but that team should have never been in the race anyway. Like Leicester they was overachieving. I wish we had more seasons like that.
Serious. What did you expect this season with players we have and then with injuries we had? And in the State our club was in with all turbulence on and off the field. Even if we had Pochettino as coach. I took him because you rate him extremly high. What would be ok season?

We were never going to win trophies this year. It was all about rebuilding. Not just the team but club as well. And still we are sniffing around some trophies and with some luck we could see 2 trophies and CL place in May. Not that bad for a rebuilding season. Still, that is not important this year. What was and still is, is going back to basics and set up some vision and plan how the club should work now and in future so we don’t have to rip out every root when and if we change managers.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Serious. What did you expect this season with players we have and then with injuries we had? And in the State our club was in with all turbulence on and off the field. Even if we had Pochettino as coach. I took him because you rate him extremly high. What would be ok season?

We were never going to win trophies this year. It was all about rebuilding. Not just the team but club as well. And still we are sniffing around some trophies and with some luck we could see 2 trophies and CL place in May. Not that bad for a rebuilding season. Still, that is not important this year. What was and still is, is going back to basics and set up some vision and plan how the club should work now and in future so we don’t have to rip out every root when and if we change managers.
I reckon he needs at least 3 seasons minimum before we can even contemplate assessing how he's doing. I mean you can't assess how a team is doing by using their league position. That would be fecking stupid and i cant fathom how anyone could possibly use that as a metric by which a football team is judged, especially after the three stooges have done their level best to bring the club to its knees by like winning trophies and finishing in the top two and cl places and stuff.

Also Ole needs at least another £500 million to spend so he can further demonstrate his transfer market genius by buying the most expensive players in world football. If that all happens (and the board doesn't feck it all up for him) we can reassess after that period, but if he doesn't get that backing he probably won't be able to get rid of all the deadwood thats been bogging the team down for years; like Fred, Matic and Shaw, even though they've been some of our best players in recent games its true because Oles worked his magic on them. etc etc.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
You seem to have made up your mind to ignore everything apart from finishing spot in the table.
As you say, you are not changing your stance on it, maybe you should just check the table at the end of the season, and save yourself the tiresome matter of watching football, and having an open mind.
I reckon he needs at least 3 seasons minimum before we can even contemplate assessing how he's doing. I mean you can't assess how a team is doing by using their league position.
:lol:

This is honestly the kind of delusional nonsense that we used to mock RAWK for once upon a time. Let’s all be football hipsters and completely ignore the table now, anyone who brings up positions on the table is ignorant and not a real fan. Great to know what we’re all dealing with.

Last edited:

Ibi Dreams

There should be a don't know option, because I don't!

I see quite a lot of positives with him in charge, but at the same time if Pochettino wants to come then he might be a better choice. We should probably stick with him if we get top 4, I think he'd deserve another season

Verminator

This is honestly the kind of delusional nonsense that we used to mock RAWK for once upon a time. Let’s all be football hipsters and completely ignore the table now, anyone who brings up positions on the table is ignorant and not a real fan. Great to know what we’re all dealing with.
You don't understand what the word delusion means. It means to hold a belief regardless of evidence to the contrary.
Which is ironically the trait you are displaying, by ignoring any metric for improvement other than final league position.
A poor early season has restricted us to accepting positions 1 and 2 are out of reach, so we are chasing a Leicester side who had an excellent start to the season, and any number of teams that could put together a run of wins, that would require league-winning form to keep pace with.

If we fail to do that, but still put up a good fight, after initially being so far off the pace, but crippled by our Autumn form, that is still improvement.
You can't use a year long average to judge 6 months form.

Now sort yourself out before spouting buzzword insults you don't understand.

Mainoldo

I didn’t expect much because he was our manager and for some stupid reason the club him included thought we could survive with no additional midfielder. I mean it wasn’t hard Tielemans was sitting there for ages. But I digress. If Poch was our manager I’d have expected a top 3 finish with the team we had in May and whatever he decided to do in the summer.

As for where we are it’s not because he’s over achieved it’s just that everyone who was suppose to be doing better hasn’t. Want to contest against that then tell me why you expected us to be worse off than what we currently are? Why did you expect us not to be in this current position?

Come better than this man. It’s just lame excuses.

Alabaster Codify7

Ole must be doing alright this week if this is what you’re moaning about

He's had a good couple of weeks, really, in general.

On your point, I don't like reading lies and I will call out lies, false information and liars every time I see it. There are factual things to like about Ole the manager, there is no need to stoop to literally making things up to defend him or speak well of him.

imamuppet

Can see thick people will always be thick........

Lets see if the thick people can admit that their opinions were wrong when the time comes and it will come ................

Zen86

Can see thick people will always be thick........

Lets see if the thick people can admit that their opinions were wrong when the time comes and it will come ................
They won’t. “It’s the boards signings” and “relying on individual brilliance” are what they’re clinging to right now.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

An Ole inner posted that Ole was succeeding at everything apart from winning. And that was a serious post. That's was probably under one of our worst spells and it might just seem that our results might pick up now, I don't know. But if you have a manager who does not win on the pitch, then well I'd say that nothing to do with the United ethos.

Anyway I'm kind of tired of the discussion. I think Ole will be here next season and I hope we will see consistent improvement on the pitch. However I would be pleasently surprised if Ole could knock Klopp and Pep of their perches but I don't think it will happen.

90 + 5min

I didn’t expect much because he was our manager and for some stupid reason the club him included thought we could survive with no additional midfielder. I mean it wasn’t hard Tielemans was sitting there for ages. But I digress. If Poch was our manager I’d have expected a top 3 finish with the team we had in May and whatever he decided to do in the summer.

As for where we are it’s not because he’s over achieved it’s just that everyone who was suppose to be doing better hasn’t. Want to contest against that then tell me why you expected us to be worse off than what we currently are? Why did you expect us not to be in this current position?

I was hoping for top 4 and still I hope. But I was not ”expecting” that only because we didn’t get a midfielder and forward before season started. And then injuries started. I knew that we could end up with 3rd to 10th this year. But let me qoute myself:

OrcaFat

I was hoping for top 4 and still I hope. But I was not ”expecting” that only because we didn’t get a midfielder and forward before season started. And then injuries started. I knew that we could end up with 3rd to 10th this year. But let me qoute myself:

Well said.

It’s quite possible to hold this view without being a “delusional Ole In” person.

It’s also not delusional or insane to be against sacking Ole even if there is persuasive argument that he is not the best coach in the world.

In my view the club needed someone like Ole to do exactly what he is doing. I can’t say there is no-one on the planet who could do it better but Ole is there and he is doing it well. And it’s not a stretch to suggest that many so-called top coaches would be doing worse.

Add to that the quality of football in recent weeks has mainly been the best since SAF, plus, as you say, being in the mix for trophies and top 4, while generally overhauling the squad, things are looking up.

Mainoldo

Nothing’s wrong with your quote and we are in a good state with regards to playing staff to build on (I cannot comment on the back room as know one really know‘s what’s taking place). Anyone taking over has a good team. My only concern is the man leading this cannot be here next season as he will undo all efforts to take us to the next level.

Mainoldo

Well said.

It’s quite possible to hold this view without being a “delusional Ole In” person.

It’s also not delusional or insane to be against sacking Ole even if there is persuasive argument that he is not the best coach in the world.

In my view the club needed someone like Ole to do exactly what he is doing. I can’t say there is no-one on the planet who could do it better but Ole is there and he is doing it well. And it’s not a stretch to suggest that many so-called top coaches would be doing worse.

Add to that the quality of football in recent weeks has mainly been the best since SAF, plus, as you say, being in the mix for trophies and top 4, while generally overhauling the squad, things are looking up.
Okay I have to ask. What makes you think a top coach would do worse? Did Pep do worse? Did Klopp do worse? Did Rodgers do worse? Did Poch do worse? All these coaches are good coaches and have done well at rebuilding their current last teams.

What makes what Solskjær is doing any more better than what LVG and Mourinho did when they started their ‘rebuild/reboot’.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
What makes what Solskjær is doing any more better than what LVG and Mourinho did when they started their ‘rebuild/reboot’.
Is that a serious question? I mean, come on.. are you joking?

Gehrman

Okay I have to ask. What makes you think a top coach would do worse? Did Pep do worse? Did Klopp do worse? Did Rodgers do worse? Did Poch do worse? All these coaches are good coaches and have done well at rebuilding their current last teams.

I think they feel that our recruitment is better.

Mainoldo

Is that a serious question? I mean, come on.. are you joking?
No - LVG finished top 4 first season. Completely stripped the squad in doing so.

Jose - Europa league and built a new spine. Followed that up with a team that finished second.

What we currently have is a feel good rebuild currently backed with our worst ever season. I don’t see anything different except feel like the get this guy and we all know why that is.

El Zoido

How do you know this? In fact you’re almost certainly wrong, and 99.9% of managers would take additional players, given a sniff of a chance. Also, 99.9% of managers will state in public/to the press that they’re “happy with the squad” (the 0.01% is Jose Mourinho). I’m amazed people don’t know how this works yet. Unless you really believe that Ed gave Ole the option of another midfielder, and Old said nah I’m good. If you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you. The fact is, Ole is actually doing a good job. And it’s really hard to take for those people that have had the knives out for him since day one. Ole will have to repeat the treble to win some people over.

OrcaFat

Lately everything is better than at any time since SAF. Squad, quality of football, atmosphere at the club, results.

The coaches you mention may have been able to do better than Ole has. I doubt it but it’s not crazy to say they might have. But there are more than four decent coaches in the world and I think many of them would have achieved less from the position we were in when Ole took charge.

Now, that is not to suggest Ole is a great coach or anything but he’s tackling the problems we have as a club and things look a heck of a lot rosier now than at any time since SAF. It’s not even to do with him being a Utd man, he just seems to look at the club top to bottom and in the context of operating in the real world and makes tough decisions that are in the long term interest of the club. Yes, Long Term, and yet here we are in the mix with plenty to play for and with a better season in prospect next year.

All of that said, it’s possible he could use some fresh faces in the coaching team. I say that mainly because Carrick, Phelan and McKenna don’t inspire me much but any one of them may be a quiet genius for all I know.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
No - LVG finished top 4 first season. Completely stripped the squad in doing so.

Jose - Europa league and built a new spine. Followed that up with a team that finished second.

What we currently have is a feel good rebuild currently backed with our worst ever season. I don’t see anything different except feel like the get this guy and we all know why that is.
Yes, no.. I worded that poorly. You're asking a question that's been answerd a lot, in this thread and at least a couple of other threads I'm sure you're active in as well. I don't know. Nevermind

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira

Because his transfers have been better and make sense.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Well regardless of whether you think he's actually doing a good job or not (i'm not too convinced, myself), the thing that does separate Ole from those two is intent. That's a big thing for me.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I've been an Ole-inner since he took the job, and I think we're seeing the fruits of his groundwork now. We've still got a ways to go to be back at the very top, but the optimism I feel with Ole in charge is the most I've had pot SAF, apart from maybe when we first appointed Mourinho - I thought he would genuinely make us contenders. Every time I see him he looks more and more the part, and you can feel the confidence is growing in the team. Football is fickle and it only takes a couple of results to change the whole atmosphere, but with Ole we're on to something and he's building a United team that actually looks like a United team - not a Mourinho team or a Van Gaal team or an Ole team - a United team. He's bringing in steel and leaders as well as quality. A few more signings like that and we're back, baby!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well said.

Your cogent, sensible posts are not welcome here. Go away!

Gehrman

I've been an Ole-inner since he took the job, and I think we're seeing the fruits of his groundwork now. We've still got a ways to go to be back at the very top, but the optimism I feel with Ole in charge is the most I've had pot SAF, apart from maybe when we first appointed Mourinho - I thought he would genuinely make us contenders. Every time I see him he looks more and more the part, and you can feel the confidence is growing in the team. Football is fickle and it only takes a couple of results to change the whole atmosphere, but with Ole we're on to something and he's building a United team that actually looks like a United team - not a Mourinho team or a Van Gaal team or an Ole team - a United team. He's bringing in steel and leaders as well as quality. A few more signings like that and we're back, baby!

lolok

Honestly, it's hard to get excited about a manager who has United on pace for 57 points. It's great that his current signings look solid, but you have to make good signings AND get results.

Think about it-- the squad IMO is better than last year. He needs 8 wins in his final 10 games just to match last season's point total. We've regressed on the pitch despite a better squad.

If you think the squad is worse than last year, that's fine, but I respectfully disagree. If you feel the squad is worse than last season, then that blame falls on Ole. So either, he is underperforming with a better squad which is the stance I'm taking, or he is performing ok/below average, but with a weaker squad that was his own doing. Either way, neither are positives for Ole.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The fact is Ole won't be sacked this season for footballing reasons. He would only be sacked if he had a Docherty moment. Save your energies for end of season moan if this is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.