Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

The minute you question Ole everyone thinks you’re winding them up. Wake up sheeple!

16 goals free scoring against the worst sides in the league. It’s not like we’re beating Chelsea or whoever 4-0 get a grip!

We’re not even 4th place so we’re definitely not anywhere near title winning form.

The team is playing attractive attacking football, we’re developing youth, it’s good to watch and the culture is better but he’s not going to get us the PL. You need a world class manager like Mourinho to do it. Ole cant get the better of Pep and Klopp.

This is as good as it gets now hand the wheel over to someone who knows how to win.
Definitely Wumming now :lol:

Withnail

Legitimate concern. Once we have the high we tend to relax too much and get over confident. We saw it last night against Villa we got lucky with the pen.

Just because he got us out of the last dip with a record breaking 4 consecutive 3+ goal victories doesn’t mean he can get out of the next dip if we are serious about trophies.
past performance is not an indicator of future performance? hmmmm so why choose a world-class manager?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I think this is as far as Ole can take us. I mean yeah he’s improved the playstyle and culture of the club but his biggest club before this was Cardiff and I can’t see him bringing us our first title.

We might be setting records now and developing youth with top 4 in our hands and a chance at top 3 but surely Liverpool and City with their world class managers have the upper hand and always will as long as he’s in charge.

Surely it’s best now to quite while we’re ahead on this and look to replace him with a proven winner while the club is really attractive to players and top managers. Otherwise we could see all of this fall apart due to inexperienced management.

It’ll be hard for many to swallow but it’s the right thing. #Oleoutwhilewehavetheupperhand
The biggest team Klopp had before Dortmund was... Mainz? Which he got relegated.
Pep was Barca B coach.

Weird how they became the best in the world when they got teams with better squads, more money and support.
We have tried the quick fix with experienced managers and it was horrible.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@UDontMessWith24 (caught)
@Teja (caught - you still bit!)
@Withnail (caught - catch of the day)
@Idxomer (well done)
@E-mal (caught - favourite reply)
@roonster09 (caught - you weren’t sure!)
@Rafaeldagold (SHAME ON YOU FOR AGREEING!)
@Fox outside the box (caught - Longest post and well done for spotting the life of Brian references in my post)
@vidic blood & sand (caught)
@Tarrou (well done)
@montpelier (caught - for engaging)
@oreon (SHAME ON YOU FOR AGREEING!)
@RC89 (well done)
@Zen86 (caught - you weren’t sure)
@Gator Nate (well done)
@Massive Spanner (well done)
@Verminator (well done and love the name)
@MattofManchester (SHAME ON YOU FOR AGREEING!)
@Grylte (caught - snuck in late)
@Fully Fledged (caught - despite the admittance of WUM post :lol:)

I hope you have enjoyed this game of WUM fishing some nice catches.

Anyone who is still in doubt I’ve always been Ole in. I’m amazed anyone bit but it was a great laugh so thank you all for playing.

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The biggest team Klopp had before Dortmund was... Mainz? Which he got relegated.
Pep was Barca B coach.

Weird how they became the best in the world when they got teams with better squads, more money and support.
We have tried the quick fix with experienced managers and it was horrible.
I fell for it :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Anyone with eyes can see that we are on the right trajectory now and things are heading towards a strong league challenge possibly as early as next season. We’d be mad to replace Ole. He’s found his groove. He will be the next one to knock Liverpool of their perch

SirAnderson

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Fox outside the box (caught - Longest post and well done for spotting the life of Brian references in my post)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

Anyone who is still in doubt I’ve always been Ole in. I’m amazed anyone bit but it was a great laugh so thank you all for playing.
Got some goal there!
Best one was "I'm not sure what's really anymore"
:lol: :lol:

Verminator

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

I was onto your first post, then you had me doubting for the next couple.
Well done for keeping us guessing.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This should be a band-able post in all honesty. This is so detached from reality.
@SirAnderson Still my favourite post. Beautiful! Band-able!
Got some goal there!
Best one was "I'm not sure what's really anymore"
:lol: :lol:
The WUMGER Games have begun.
I was onto your first post, then you had me doubting for the next couple.
Well done for keeping us guessing.
It had to be outrageous enough to elicit an emotional response but then backed up enough to seem believable. Towards the end I wanted to see how far I could push the ridiculous arguments before people stopped engaging with them.

I reckon I’d have got a second wave in the evening but the experiment worked.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Pochettino has shown with limitations he can lose a dressing room and get fired. You say, its not that Oles doing well. It's that the board supported him. That's what you're saying despite wordinging it like you think he's done well. I'm not actually that shocked the things people say these days but it's not exactly fair or logical. What if the players we have don't like Pochettino ... Why should the players be happy? We wouldn't even have the bonus of him being able to get players from his other clubs because we're not after any of them. So I'm not really seeing the point. You want to destroy something that's actually working....
:lol:
After 5 years of success and taking Spurs to place they can only dream of. He didn’t loose the dressing, things just needed to be changed and the board wasn’t ready to support him due to financial limitations.

You do realize that the same team struggling under Mourinho was putting in worse performances to get Poch sacked right? Again, this is why I don't take any Poch supporter seriously, the guy hasn't even led a team to a trophy.
Nope, stats shows that Mourinho is doing worse. Even when he should get a new manager bounce, none exist. This just shows how much Spurs team needed an overhaul.
I love that plan; fire the manager that have turned everything around. Year after year with shit wasn’t enough for you; no, let’s shake it up again.

I would not invest my money with you, that’s for sure.
Even when this season is over, Ole would not have a much better season than two of our last manager unless he somehow get the fa cup and the Europa league. This is after spending more than any other manager in the league. I have better insight than most on here and I can tell that Ole success has a lot to do with the support he gets from our board.

Withnail

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

Note to self don't post on the caf when you're up to your eyes in poxy SQL queries.

Well played :lol:

BestRed

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

Should of kept it going, was enjoying that. :D :lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Note to self don't post on the caf when you're up to your eyes in poxy SQL queries.

Haha definitely the catch of the day for me thanks for being a good sport!
Should of kept it going, was enjoying that. :D :lol:
The list of people to tag was getting too long and I felt I’d talent the argument as stupid as I could. Still got a bite last minute though!

Gator Nate

The reasons to hate the Romans bit gave it away, but as much as I love the movie, I wasn't catching the reference. :lol: Pretty obvious you were trolling, though. The "3"... :lol:

Gasolin

:lol:
After 5 years of success and taking Spurs to place they can only dream of. He didn’t loose the dressing, things just needed to be changed and the board wasn’t ready to support him due to financial limitations.

Nope, stats shows that Mourinho is doing worse. Even when he should get a new manager bounce, none exist. This just shows how much Spurs team needed an overhaul.

Even when this season is over, Ole would not have a much better season than two of our last manager unless he somehow get the fa cup and the Europa league. This is after spending more than any other manager in the league. I have better insight than most on here and I can tell that Ole success has a lot to do with the support he gets from our board.
Oh... now you're interesting, are you saying that you have knowledge of what's happening at Manchester United, and you can tell, that Ole is in no way responsible for the culture shift and the team spirit and results that were the outcome of such a change?!? And all of that has a lot to do with the support he gets from our board?

Very interesting, care to detail a bit more?

E-mal

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

I knew it could only be a WUM surely, decided to oblige you.
I still feel is in our hands though, what do you think?

Rafaeldagold

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

I’m laughing my socks off here. That was hysterical!!

Oh and I never agreed with you whatsoever, was clear you were a very unfunny over the top wum.

pav1790

Haha definitely the catch of the day for me thanks for being a good sport!

The list of people to tag was getting too long and I felt I’d talent the argument as stupid as I could. Still got a bite last minute though!
I am amazed so many actually took the bait and one particular fellow agreed with your obvious sarcasm. Sign of times I suppose. You flew too close to the sarcasm sun, Icarus and you didn’t get your feathers singed. Kudos.

USREDEVIL

I've changed my vote again.

Initially after our amazing start under Ole i was "Ole at the wheel!" but after that terrible run of form after that, and how we started the season i just didn't see enough change to think that the result would change. But i've changed my mind because of 1) recruitment; and 2) he has shown the ability to beat the top managers. If we can get Sancho and another starter/great sub then we have a real shot at going places in the next few seasons.

sport2793

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

I knew something was up the minute you started talking up Mourinho coming back :lol:

sport2793

Oh... now you're interesting, are you saying that you have knowledge of what's happening at Manchester United, and you can tell, that Ole is in no way responsible for the culture shift and the team spirit and results that were the outcome of such a change?!? And all of that has a lot to do with the support he gets from our board?

Very interesting, care to detail a bit more?
That guy is a complete clown, wouldn't waste my time responding to his posts.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Well its not really BS, Fergie took 6 years to get to a league Title... Klopp today has needed 4 with Liverpool. Managers need time. It's not rocket science.

Supposed far better and more qualified managers have failed where Ole is doing better currently in terms of building a stable side and leaving the club in a very healthy condition even if he were to be replaced.

I'll remind you, we were 11 points adrift of 4th place with Jose's sacking. The football was worse at that point than at any other, the morale was non existent. Players were openly speaking of their frustration being at the club, we were on the cusp of losing Rashford, Martial, Shaw and Pogba arguably.

If Ole rebuilding our team to our best starting XI in the post Fergie years, rebuilding morale, vastly improving arguably every player at the club bar De Gea, closing the gap to 3rd to 3pts, whilst still competing for 2 cups isn't enough then your expectations aren't... well... "objective" as you like to think they are.

It's pretty ironic really.
Well said

wolvored

We needed a catalyst like we got with Eric under Fergie to start the good time rolling. Fergie had also spent big, probably bigger than Ole, valuation at the time wise. Bruno could well be our Eric moment over again. Its a real joy to watch the football being played again every game. When was the last time we said that? Certainly not since post Fergie. We go into games now and not only expect a result, but expect to win well. Would any other manager do any better than Ole at this time? Let the good times continue.

Last edited:

mattunited1978

doommonger
That's true. I just don't tend to change my mind (vote) to whatever is flavour of the month.

I'd like a vote that said "Give Ole time and support and see where we're at in six months time" ish. By then Solskjær will have had plenty of time to show improved consistency. Something we've lacked for the majority of his tenure.
Just pick one or dont ffs...Your life dosnt depend on it.

Strelok

@Strelok (caught)
@shaky (caught)
@Matriac (well done)
@Idxomer (well done)
@Tarrou (well done)
@RC89 (well done)
@Gator Nate (well done)

I knew something was up the minute you started talking up Mourinho coming back :lol:
Yeah I started to have the doubt there too. This guy is a wum or he's just insane :lol:

Strelok

The initial hashtag should have been a dead give-away too but I was a bit distracted at the time.
He's really good. Even after the Jose comeback stuff I was still not sure he's a wum or another diehard Joseboy :lol:

mattunited1978

doommonger
I literally just gave a response to one such hipster about the DoF topic who also happened to be a Dortmund fan, in the Sancho thread.
(Oh how I enjoyed it :drool:)

I so wanted to elaborate further but I’m hoping for his sake, I won’t have to. :wenger::nono:

Any other manager in place of Ole, or the placement of a new DoF could’ve influenced or hampered the progress we have recently made so I’m totally contempt with the strategy we chose and stuck to.

Sure a DoF will optimize our operations in the long term but if anything, by the time we decide to hire one, the timing will be much better. So will the appointment.
That second sentence is cringeworthy.

I also hope, for there sake, you dont have to, sounds like you've got an arsenal of written words they'l struggle to recover from.

rotherham_red

That’s fair enough, I thought we actually were playing really really well up until the Leicester game where Vardy cheated for a pen & after that he went more defensive.
Well, that's bollocks. We were unmitigated shite in the early stages that season, with a loss on the first day at home to Swansea, a drab 0-0 at Burnley and then a 4-0 loss to MK fecking Dons. We then had a barnstorming run from the 4-1 v QPR, which lasted until the Leicester game, which was... The next fecking game :houllier: :lol:

mattunited1978

doommonger
Well, that's bollocks. We were unmitigated shite in the early stages that season, with a loss on the first day at home to Swansea, a drab 0-0 at Burnley and then a 4-0 loss to MK fecking Dons. We then had a barnstorming run from the 4-1 v QPR, which lasted until the Leicester game, which was... The next fecking game :houllier: :lol:
Really like this post, good stuff.

Rafaeldagold

Well that’s your opinion , but we also dominated Liverpool at Anfield & City 3-0 both times, never seen us so comfortable at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.