Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Nothing to back it up? Still not being top 4 & a shite show of a semi final performance is a bit of evidence. Never being able to change a game which we’ve started poorly is more.

If we don’t get top 4 he has to go. I concede if he does he’s probably done the minimum required. But there are much better managers out there
:lol: Didn’t bother reading after this part because it’s as knee jerk as things get and everything you’ve written after it is completely irrelevant once we win on Thursday.

Denis79

Top 4 without winning any cups was the absolute minimum for me this season. However good stints of football we play Ole should resign if he doesn't make that.

NK86

Oh I can forgive this particular performance as a one-off. I just don't think Ole has yet proven he has what it takes to make us a truly elite team, and am on the fence. I hope we end the season strong, but I'm not confident we will and I don't think it will be all down to fatigue either.
If we implode again like we did last season, it will clearly show 2 things.
1. A serious lack of bottle by the team and management.
2. A serious lack of squad management by Ole.

Both are equally concerning, if the unthinkable comes to pass and we screw up our next two games. However, I am confident we will qualify for top 4 easily and think we also have a very good chance in EL.

Ole though needs to manage his squad better. 80 mil on Harry now seems like a bigger joke when we see the quality of our squad depth.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The greatest post ever in this thread.

Said it so Subtle aswell even the most deluded of fan can digest the message your getting across.
Just looking for the white text. I mean, he's literally responding to a post denying he's said we were on a bad run of form, after categorically saying we're on a bad run of form. I've even responded overing up his exact words.

This place. :lol:

It’s not a one off bad performance..we’ve not been playing great last few games. This was coming.
And also I see you’re forgetting the whole of the first part of the season
FFS
I hope one day you realise that no team is going to be amazing every game they play. We've got an amazing points return since the league resumed and played well for the majority of the fixtures.

Of course the first half of the season wasn't great, but a season is judged at the end and it looks like we'll be 3rd or 4th.

People are forgetting the size of the job Ole was faced with. He's improved the club in every regard since he took over. Rebuilds don't happen overnight but the right foundations are being laid.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Still sack. And without question. Again showed that he has small club mentality. First game in a while where we are not favourites and he decides to go defensive and wait for counters.
Not to mention that he made a mess about team selection. What was that today? Is he resting players? Or not? Or he does? I still don't know...

If we want to be 4th every year, he is the right manager because, i admit, he has a system which suits our player against smaller teams.
But with him we will never win anything.

Bojan11

He's proven me wrong this second half of the season and done a good job getting us back on track.

I still don't think he has what it takes to get us to that next level where we aspire to be though. Keep him if we make Top 4, but if a top manager becomes available, we may have a difficult decision to consider.
This is my thinking. We need to start behaving like a big club.

Our giddy ness of getting top four cost us a top manager previously. We should have binned LVG and got Klopp as soon as he said he’s leaving Dortmund.

SER19

Gets top 4 and europa and obviously he shouldn't be sacked. In fact just top 4 is enough given the improvement in play. But then needs to add depth and challenge next year

Rafaeldagold

How does the 1st half of the season matter now! Fecking hell, Pep struggled in his 1st half of the season here, and he had spent a feckton. It's really simple, is our graph going up, down or stagnated - and everyone knows what the answer is over here and on that basis, Ole needs to continue here irrespective of whether we get CL next season or not
If he doesn’t get top 4 he absolutely has to get sacked surely. Leicester are pretty much gift wrapping if for us recently.

I don’t think he’s a terrible manager, he’s really not bad at all. He just isn’t good enough to be Manchester United manager. Most concerning thing for me is moronic line ups like today & not being able to change things during a game when it’s not going for us.

We expect the best in the players, I think we should also look for that in a manager

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ole and the team had an off day. Dust off and move on to the next. There's very little doubt we've come on leaps and bounds over since January. Personally I was more concerned with the Leicester game today and it hurt more drawing to Southampton last week than today. I'm not saying the team should have put in such a mediocre performance.

crossy1686

career ending
This is my thinking. We need to start behaving like a big club.

Our giddy ness of getting top four cost us a top manager previously. We should have binned LVG and got Klopp as soon as he said he’s leaving Dortmund.
We approached Klopp, do you not remember this? Woodward did the whole ‘Disneyland’ speech and turned him off completely

Sultan

Getting results against middling oppostion when the pressure is off is all good and well but another level is needed for a proper United coach.

Poch can take it from here.
Poch hardly won against top 6 opposition. More knowledgable posters with stats should be able confirm.

crossy1686

career ending
Ole and the team had an off day. Dust off and move on to the next. There's very little doubt we've come on leaps and bounds over since January. Personally I was more concerned with the Leicester game today and it hurt more drawing to Southampton last week than today. I'm not saying the team should have put in such a mediocre performance.
Yep! I expected us to lose today to be honest.

2 days less rest than Chelsea, Ole had to make changes with the top 4 in touching distance as we have to win on Thursday.

Its shit but we’re still in with a chance at the Europa league at least

Asger

Getting results against middling oppostion when the pressure is off is all good and well but another level is needed for a proper United coach.

Hahahahahahahhahaahha

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If he doesn’t get top 4 he absolutely has to get sacked surely. Leicester are pretty much gift wrapping if for us recently.

I don’t think he’s a terrible manager, he’s really not bad at all. He just isn’t good enough to be Manchester United manager. Most concerning thing for me is moronic line ups like today & not being able to change things during a game when it’s not going for us.

We expect the best in the players, I think we should also look for that in a manager
4th game in 10 days. Fatigue does play a role. Add to that, while we weren't firing on all cylinders, seeing a teammate injured the way Bailly was it plays a role mentally. Remember the PSV game?

Bojan11

We approached Klopp, do you not remember this? Woodward did the whole ‘Disneyland’ speech and turned him off completely
That was in 2013 or 2014. When Klopp was under contract. He wasn’t going to leave Dortmund.

Of course whilst at Liverpool he’s going to say how he rejected us. But I’m sure if we made approach in 2015, we would have got him. But our board were celebrating scraping fourth place with old man LVG rather than being progressive.

Keep him. Seriously, we didn't think we had a hope of CL qualification, but here we are, plus we still have Europa league. Today was very poor, but the league is the priority. There are going to be bumps in the road, but overall Ole has done very well this season. He deserves the chance of a crack at next season.

cyberman

Last time I checked, they are 13 points ahead of us. Last time I checked they also qualified for UCL last season (actually won the title). So no, Ole > Pep is not true even in the imagination of the most deluded top reds.

My entire point is that people are sceptical with Ole not because of this game, but because of this entire season when we still have to secure UCL football in a historically weak league (at least one team can qualify with 65 points, the last time this has happened was in 2004/2005.

You cannot be shit for half a season, and then pretend that first half of the season does not matter, which are what Ole's worshippers are doing. Every mistake counts, especially when you make too many mistakes early in the season.
For this to be true, you have have to believe that progression doesn't exist?
If the season starts slow and we get better then thats genuine progression otherwise you are doing what you accuse Ole fans of doing. Pointing to one half of the season over the other. .

E-mal

Ole has been okay in general, all things considered. Some of the signings alright, some average, others poor and one very good.
I like his vision for the club but I think his position should be reviewed when the season is over.

Before anyone thinks its because of the loss today, I want to say I could care less about the result if he genuinely decided to rest the players.
My issue is with our defence and how we cant play out from the back. Wan Bissaka no matter how good he is one v one, he shouldnt have been signed in my opinion. He is just a bad footballer and Maguire is just slow. Cant have Matic , Lindelof and Maguire at the heart of our defence.

GBBQ

An FA Cup in his first full season would have been nice but the goal has to be getting into the CL. So long as today is just a blip and we get the right results in the next 2 games his job should be safe.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You’re deluded if you think we’ve played well last few games. We really haven’t
I didn't say we've played well.
I said we have played fine, we've done what's needed to get a result, which is the same for almost every top club.
We played poorly today, today was a different performance to Soton or Palace.

crossy1686

career ending
That was in 2013 or 2014. When Klopp was under contract. He wasn’t going to leave Dortmund.

Of course whilst at Liverpool he’s going to say how he rejected us. But I’m sure if we made approach in 2015, we would have got him. But our board were celebrating scraping fourth place with old man LVG rather than being progressive.
I don't think so, Woodward was a big fan of Klopp, called him the 'hipsters' dream appointment. If we felt there was room to appoint him I'm sure we would have. Klopp didn't like the pressure of being the United manager, he wanted a team like Liverpool where he'd get 5 years to build something instead of getting the sack 7 months in like Moyes.

Flexdegea

Think I speak for everyone here when I say clown.

Ridiculous post

Revan

Assumptionman
For this to be true, you have have to believe that progression doesn't exist?
If the season starts slow and we get better then thats genuine progression otherwise you are doing what you accuse Ole fans of doing. Pointing to one half of the season over the other. .
I believe that season starts in August and ends a few matches from now, not that it started 20 matches ago and finished 2 days ago. That in football is typically called a purple patch.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Behave ffs. How the hell are you sure of that :lol:

Stepney73

and what has poch ever won that puts him on a different level?

Bojan11

I hope this myth of him making good signings goes away now. Jury is out on most of his signings.

Maguire is far too slow. AWB isn’t good when we have the ball and Dan James is useless.

Devil81

He can't win, can he....

Before Bruno - Beats all the big clubs but struggles to find a way through the smaller clubs who throw up the brick wall.
After Bruno signing - Finds the key to the door against all clubs.

The only thing Ole is guilty of is overplaying his key eleven, but given their displays when given a chance you can see why he kept with them now as the squad players have been awful.

Sultan

Look, we know he's not really up to it tactically. That was made clear through the poor spell we had at the start of the season.
Maybe the players were not up to the task and Ole being tactically naive? If you're right he's not good tactically then he has certainly learnt a lot in a few months since the start of the season. We're nearly in touching distance of a European place from being 14th earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.