Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

No I would have just said I didn’t know what I was talking about. It’s not hard but anyway... We refused to pay the money for Bruno in the summer and it’s no coincidence the money for Bruno appeared once the Haaland deal fell through.

But it’s just my silly Essien calculations. But watch it be everyones 'solid knowledge' when the board and funds topic is up for debate again.
Do you realise Bruno and Haaland both play in a totally different position and we signed Ighalo because we couldn't get Haaland. We were linked to multiple strikers in the summer also and Bruno was also linked to us in the summer. So Haaland had nothing to do with Bruno.

rotherham_red

Look at how and when our previsous managers were fired. Look at the support Ole got from the Board. No need for insider knowledge to see that:

a)Ole has been backed heavily
b) Qualifying for CL is an extremely important goal for the Board.
Now show me where I said, I had an insider knowledge about the Board's decisions. As you have no knowledge of it whatsoever either, I doubt you can say anything on the matter except for a guess.
"OlE hAs BeEn BaCkEd" and yet has had to deal with his £90m striker and the most expensive player in the squad being sold without being replaced, as well as his most consistent midfielder going - also without being replaced. He actually spent less than £60m net if we include the Fellaini deal in January. Hardly the backing you'd expect of a Manchester United manager.

And on b) all public and off-the-record statements from the board have said the contrary re CL, so you obviously don't have a fecking clue, and please spare us with your delusional ramblings borne out of your "expertise"...

AshRK

What if the following happens -

Chelsea lose both games.

We win against West Ham, Draw vs Leicester.

We get third, Leicester get fourth on GD.

Chelsea lose FA cup final.

We win EL.

Would Ole be the genius?
No they will say Ole should learn from Arteta the genius.

Amarsdd

What if the following happens -

Chelsea lose both games.

We win against West Ham, Draw vs Leicester.

We get third, Leicester get fourth on GD.

Chelsea lose FA cup final.

We win EL.

Would Ole be the genius?
then Ole will be deemed lucky and Lampard will be deemed hard done by ref decisions going United's way all season. And I'm not even being sarcastic.

rotherham_red

No they will say Ole should learn from Arteta the genius.
If there's one thing this weekend has highlighted to me, it's how the standard for opposition managers is so much lower than it is for Ole.

"Arteta's a genius, he beat Pep" - Ole did it three times and he's a "PE teacher"

"Lamps delivered a tactical masterclass" - Ole did him three times in the same season, and didn't need 2 days extra to prepare for those games.

Lentwood

It's a bit of a dead-thread really....no way is Ole getting sacked, regardless of what happens in the final two games.

Our form since January and the general good-feeling around the squad has guaranteed he will at the very least get until Christmas 2020

If we have a horror start to next season the Board may think again, depending on the circumstances

Lentwood

If there's one thing this weekend has highlighted to me, it's how the standard for opposition managers is so much lower than it is for Ole.

"Arteta's a genius, he beat Pep" - Ole did it three times and he's a "PE teacher"

"Lamps delivered a tactical masterclass" - Ole did him three times in the same season, and didn't need 2 days extra to prepare for those games.
Spot on. Could not agree more.

I've already posted elsewhere about the Chelsea/Lampard narrative. Paul Merson tipped Lampard for Manager of the Year earlier today......despite them being at best one place worse of than last year!

All this gubbins about them being a 'young team'.....Frank abandoned that idea a long time ago at the expense of results.....the average age yesterday must have been 27/28 at least!

And this nonsense about the transfer ban....that squad he has has two internationals in every position AND they had already added a new £50m winger pre-transfer ban. You could hardly make it up!

Mainoldo

Do you realise Bruno and Haaland both play in a totally different position and we signed Ighalo because we couldn't get Haaland. We were linked to multiple strikers in the summer also and Bruno was also linked to us in the summer. So Haaland had nothing to do with Bruno.
I know they don’t play in the same position. I’m not stupid.

But your budget is your budget. We don’t have pots of money for different positions on the field. We didn’t get Bruno in the summer because we didn’t have the budget for it. Ighalo was a loan and Josh King we walked away from because of price.

Again Google is everyone’s friend.

M Bison

Supports
York City
More knowledgeable on football than you will ever be. So, again, stick that condescending tone and manner to yourself and up your hole.
This really cracked me up, absolutely hilarious post :lol:

Like when you’re kids and you have a barney with your little brother before your mum comes in and tells you to stop arguing:lol:

AshRK

But your budget is your budget. We don’t have pots of money for different positions on the field. We didn’t get Bruno in the summer because we didn’t have the budget for it. Ighalo was a loan and Josh King we walked away from because of price.

You are still not making sense. the whole logic that we wouldn't have signed Bruno because of Haaland doesn't make sense as we ultimately strengthened both the position. Google is our friend but I don't know which news you followed which suggested Ole did not want to sign Bruno or preferred Haaland to Bruno.

Mainoldo

You are still not making sense. the whole logic that we wouldn't have signed Bruno because of Haaland doesn't make sense as we ultimately strengthened both the position. Google is our friend but I don't know which news you followed which suggested Ole did not want to sign Bruno or preferred Haaland to Bruno.
Frig sake. Are half the people on here just dumb. You ever done economics? There’s a term called opportunity cost.

I give you £1 to go to your local corner shop. You might have a sweet tooth and your thirty. You could get a chocolate bar for 70p or you could get a drink for 80p. Unfortunately mate you can’t get both because you have £1. But if the chocolate bar you want isn’t there you might decide just to get a drink instead.

How bloody slow are some people on here.

AshRK

Frig sake. Are half the people on here just dumb. You ever done economics? There’s a term called opportunity cost.

I give you £1 to go to your local corner shop. You might have a sweet tooth and your thirty. You could get a chocolate bar for 70p or you could get a drink for 80p. Unfortunately mate you can’t get both because you have £1. But if the chocolate bar you want isn’t there you might decide just to get a drink instead.

How bloody slow are some people on here.
Even scarier he was willing to snub Bruno again to get a striker (Halland) can you imagine that midfield trying to play football for Halland.
This is your quote and you had zero base to it. You just made it up when we have been linked to Bruno since summer. Your logic would have made some sense if we had only strengthened one position but the whole winter we were after a striker as well as Bruno so what makes you think Ole was willing to snub Bruno.

You make zero point to prove your assumption and say google is your friend, chocolate bars, milky bars, dairy milk, some economic story etc. Trust me you are losing any credibility here and it has nothing to do with you not rating Ole, but because you are creating stories from you a** and then expect people to trust you because you call others slow, dumb and make a chocolate inference.

Halftrack

No I would have just said I didn’t know what I was talking about. It’s not hard but anyway... We refused to pay the money for Bruno in the summer and it’s no coincidence the money for Bruno appeared once the Haaland deal fell through.

But it’s just my silly Essien calculations. But watch it be everyones 'solid knowledge' when the board and funds topic is up for debate again.
So we were holding aside money for Haaland in the summer, thus could not afford to complete the Bruno deal?

SAFMUTD

I think we must take three things into consideration.

The first one is that this year's top 4 has been really poor, Chelsea, Leicester and us wouldnt be getting the top 4 in a "normal" season. If we win our next two matches we will end up with 68 points, with that amout of points we would end up 6th in a "normal" season. Last season we finished 6th with 66 points and got only 2 points in lour last 5 games for comparison purposes. So judging Ole on getting top 4 seems unfair and achieving only that shouldnt be enough at all.

The second one is that since overall we didnt make any substancial improvement points wise, we should ask ourselves do we improved in performances? I would say this season was pretty much as the one before. Two "different" teams overall, the first part of the season was pretty much the same as the last part of last season, poor performances and we seemed to regresse. The second part of the season was pretty much as the hooneymoon part with Ole. Great results for a sustained period, everything seemed to click, high expectations, etc. So do we think Ole can maintain the team performing as this? or is it just a patch as the other ones?

Finally we must consider that we are against probably the most competitive teams in premier league history, the last two seasons have required around 100 points to be champions, we are 30-35 points again from that, do we think Ole has that kind of potential?

I think we must get a another manager, of course the last performances have been better but overall I dont think Ole has the potential to get us to the very top in order to beat Pep and Klopp we need a manager that revolutions the game like they did before. Pochetinno is available so its the perfect time to be in form him rather than let him join another team and then realize Ole is not up to it and have to look around for a manager when all the "great" ones are taken.

We've seen how this team can perform with the starting XI, players such as Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford can offer really exciting offensive power. I can only imagine how good can they perform if coached properly. Not anything against Ole, but I think the lift in form has more to do with Bruno's arrival and a morale lift rather than his tactics actually comming together.

Ole for all the good, and bad, work he's done cant show a sustained playing style if he doesnt have all the starting XI available. That makes me think the performances are more due to the quality of the players rather than the system he is implementing. Of course a team can only perform to a certain level without quality players, but the really great managers make a team better than the sum of their parts.

Mainoldo

This is your quote and you had zero base to it. You just made it up when we have been linked to Bruno since summer. Your logic would have made some sense if we had only strengthened one position but the whole winter we were after a striker as well as Bruno so what makes you think Ole was willing to snub Bruno.

You make zero point to prove your assumption and say google is your friend, chocolate bars, milky bars, dairy milk, some economic story etc. Trust me you are losing any credibility here and it has nothing to do with you not rating Ole, but because you are creating stories from you a** and then expect people to trust you because you call others slow, dumb and make a chocolate inference.
I don’t care about creditable to be honest.. at the end of the day you cannot tell me Haaland wasn’t going to take up the majority of the January budget and we could have got both him and Bruno. Therefore he clearly decided which one was the priority. He was talking about him in December. A midfielder became a priority after Scott and Pogba got injured and the ability to buy Bruno Fernandes was available as soon as Haaland went to Dortmund. Like everything adds up. There was no suggestion that if Pogba and Scott T never got injured we would have brought Bruno in January but i bet we would have brought a striker. So which was the priority?

You just didn’t like how I presented the information. Tell me where buying a midfielder is as a priority in January?

AshRK

I don’t care about creditable to be honest.. at the end of the day you cannot tell me Haaland wasn’t going to take up the majority of the January budget and we could have got both him and Bruno. Therefore he clearly decided which one was the priority. He was talking about him in December. A midfielder became a priority after Scott and Pogba got injured and the ability to buy Bruno Fernandes was available as soon as Haaland went to Dortmund. Like everything adds up. There was no suggestion that if Pogba and Scott T never got injured we would have brought Bruno in January but i bet we would have brought a striker. So which was the priority?

You just didn’t like how I presented the information. Tell me where buying a midfielder is as a priority in January?
Buying Bruno was a priority since the summer. We were looking to strengthen the number 10 position hence there were also strong interest in dybala. When Bruno signed we still ended up bidding for king so to answer your question yes we would have got Bruno anyways.

Mainoldo

Buying Bruno was a priority since the summer. We were looking to strengthen the number 10 position hence there were also strong interest in dybala. When Bruno signed we still ended up bidding for king so to answer your question yes we would have got Bruno anyways.
Why didn’t we get King? We didn’t get him because he wasn’t over paying. He pulled out on Bruno in the summer because apparently we questioned his ‘ball retention’ which is fare but Bruno was available for close to what we brought him for. There’s no reason why we just don’t make that deal unless we don’t want to spend the money. Nothing changed from the summer to January and if something did change please just explain it to me and i might change my view point.

Dybala might have been an option for the 10 but he’s a striker Bruno is a midfielder I doubt they was in the same list and we only went for Dybala because it didn’t cost us any physical cash it was just adjusting assets on the financial books.

rotherham_red

Spot on. Could not agree more.

I've already posted elsewhere about the Chelsea/Lampard narrative. Paul Merson tipped Lampard for Manager of the Year earlier today......despite them being at best one place worse of than last year!

All this gubbins about them being a 'young team'.....Frank abandoned that idea a long time ago at the expense of results.....the average age yesterday must have been 27/28 at least!

And this nonsense about the transfer ban....that squad he has has two internationals in every position AND they had already added a new £50m winger pre-transfer ban. You could hardly make it up!
Mate, you're preaching to the choir. It's ridiculous, but what can you do...

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Haaland cost 20 odd million. Its not football manager where you can't overshoot your budget. The club has money and they would have been more than happy to spend 20m on him (we bid 27m on King to jog your memory)

anant

You don't care about being credible? What are you on about!

To the bolded part, we literally bid 27m on King on last day of the season, an amount that would have got us Haaland if he wanted to join us this winter. You don't like Ole, fine but atleast stop making some random assumptions

Mainoldo

You don't care about being credible? What are you on about!

To the bolded part, we literally bid 27m on King on last day of the season, an amount that would have got us Haaland if he wanted to join us this winter. You don't like Ole, fine but atleast stop making some random assumptions
They would have never sold Haaland to us for the same money as we brought Daniel James (Just to add context).

AshRK

Why didn’t we get King? We didn’t get him because he wasn’t over paying. He pulled out on Bruno in the summer because apparently we questioned his ‘ball retention’ which is fare but Bruno was available for close to what we brought him for. There’s no reason why we just don’t make that deal unless we don’t want to spend the money. Nothing changed from the summer to January and if something did change please just explain it to me and i might change my view point.

Dybala might have been an option for the 10 but he’s a striker Bruno is a midfielder I doubt they was in the same list and we only went for Dybala because it didn’t cost us any physical cash it was just adjusting assets on the financial books.
But that was not your original point. Your original assumption was Ole was willing to sacrifice Bruno for Haaland when that was never the case. If he really wanted to sign a striker he could have sacrificed bruno and signed King but he didn't and in fact we were still bidding for king the same amount haaland cost. So your whole assumption has zero logic.

anant

Halftrack

Stop pulling crap out of your arse! Read about the transfer story, it's all documented and available on this really cool thing called internet. Haaland had a release clause at Salzburg that was triggered by BVB. So, we could have signed Halland for 20m pounds

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...anchester-united-signing-erling-braut-haaland
But that doesn't fit into his narrative about Ole being a clueless idiot who was basically forced to buy Bruno against his will.

Sing you a song

Can ole seriously be let off and not sacked if he cant get a win against west ham at home or away to a Leicester side that have handful of their best players missing whilst ole has pretty much a full strength side to pick from?

I have real concerns of his ability to rebuild this club, his summer transfer window was underwhelming, it's funny that he was happy to snub Fernandes in the summer in favour of spending the cash on the others and yet he turned out to be the only real good signing made this summer, he green lighted de gea getting a new contract and has been weak by being afraid to drop de gea at the back end of last season and this one to drop him.
So sad to see so called united fans so desperate to see Ole fail .when top 4 is nailed I hope you hang your heads in shame .

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

The first one is that this year's top 4 has been really poor, Chelsea, Leicester and us wouldnt be getting the top 4 in a "normal" season. If we win our next two matches we will end up with 68 points, with that amout of points we would end up 6th in a "normal" season. Last season we finished 6th with 66 points and got only 2 points in lour last 5 games for comparison purposes. So judging Ole on getting top 4 seems unfair and achieving only that shouldnt be enough at all.

The second one is that since overall we didnt make any substancial improvement points wise, we should ask ourselves do we improved in performances? I would say this season was pretty much as the one before. Two "different" teams overall, the first part of the season was pretty much the same as the last part of last season, poor performances and we seemed to regresse. The second part of the season was pretty much as the hooneymoon part with Ole. Great results for a sustained period, everything seemed to click, high expectations, etc. So do we think Ole can maintain the team performing as this? or is it just a patch as the other ones?

Finally we must consider that we are against probably the most competitive teams in premier league history, the last two seasons have required around 100 points to be champions, we are 30-35 points again from that, do we think Ole has that kind of potential?

I think we must get a another manager, of course the last performances have been better but overall I dont think Ole has the potential to get us to the very top in order to beat Pep and Klopp we need a manager that revolutions the game like they did before. Pochetinno is available so its the perfect time to be in form him rather than let him join another team and then realize Ole is not up to it and have to look around for a manager when all the "great" ones are taken.

We've seen how this team can perform with the starting XI, players such as Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford can offer really exciting offensive power. I can only imagine how good can they perform if coached properly. Not anything against Ole, but I think the lift in form has more to do with Bruno's arrival and a morale lift rather than his tactics actually comming together.

Ole for all the good, and bad, work he's done cant show a sustained playing style if he doesnt have all the starting XI available. That makes me think the performances are more due to the quality of the players rather than the system he is implementing. Of course a team can only perform to a certain level without quality players, but the really great managers make a team better than the sum of their parts.
Agree

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
What is the requirment next year for y’all in here?To get top 4, win the league or to really challenge for the title to the very end?
The answer from every other fanbases of the big clubs in europe would be pretty simple.
I’m sadly aware that our standards have dropped to the likes of Arsenal.

He'sRaldo

Basically sums up my feelings on this.

Greck

For what it's worth, agree with some of this. It's not that Ole is bad, it's not that he deserves to be sacked or that top 4 is relevant/irrelevant. He has retained the best parts of the teams of previous managers so that we have a competent core going forward. However there's always a time to sell high and we should look to upgrade if one of the managers on the level of the Klopps or Peps becomes available if they are willing to commit long term

Water Melon

This really cracked me up, absolutely hilarious post :lol:

Like when you’re kids and you have a barney with your little brother before your mum comes in and tells you to stop arguing:lol:
Being polite with polite is the way to go. As for the condescending cnuts, they need to be put back to where they belong.

rotherham_red

If we win both our games, we'd finish only ten points behind the treble winners of 1999. Should Fergie have been sacked for not keeping up with standards? Points totals in individual seasons are irrelevant when taken without context. And the context for us and Ole has been that we had by far the weakest Manchester United squad since the PL's formation in 1992, arguably weaker than any since Fergie joined in 1986, even.

On the "players, not the manager" aspect of your argument, Pep came to City with the strongest squad in the league already at his disposal. He then proceeded to spend £180m+ further strengthening said squad, the end result was a pitiful 4th, no improvement on Pellegrini and an embarrassing CL exit. Is the resultant improvement down to Pep or is it because he bought better players? No one will get a tune out of players like Lingard and Pereira. Heck, 95% of our fans used to think the same of Fred and McTominay, yet Ole has been able to get them to play consistently and consistently well. So if that isn't a sign of good management, I don't know what is.

And speaking of Ole's potential, he's tracking on par with Klopp at Liverpool at the same stage, with a comparably weak squad. He will be strengthening it further with at least one likely world class addition in the form of Sancho, and is clearing out even more of the deadwood in the process. No sane person is expecting a title challenge next season, but the hope and expectation is that we will be there or thereabouts by the season after.

Lest we forget, this is the youngest squad in the league. By its very nature it will improve and become more consistent as time progresses. The only way is up for this team and Ole, and I genuinely find it surprising that supposed fans of a club whose whole essence is built on youth and attacking football is wanting to sack the only manager who has stuck to that ethos consistently and all the way through.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

For what it's worth, agree with some of this. It's not that Ole is bad, it's not that he deserves to be sacked or that top 4 is relevant/irrelevant. He has retained the best parts of the teams of previous managers so that we have a competent core going forward. However there's always a time to sell high and we should look to upgrade if one of the managers on the level of the Klopps or Peps becomes available if they are willing to commit long term
This is perhaps the most relevant point to factor in before anybody decides they want Ole out.

Who are on these guys level? Who?

Frankly unless physically one of those two managers became available I wouldn’t even consider changing Ole and the positive direction we are clearly heading in.

Withnail

This is perhaps the most relevant point to factor in before anybody decides they want Ole out.

Who are on these guys level? Who?

Frankly unless physically one of those two managers became available I wouldn’t even consider changing Ole and the positive direction we are clearly heading in.
This is the funniest part. Nobody has an answer to this apart from the odd Poch disciple and he's clearly unproven.

Greck

This is the funniest part. Nobody has an answer to this apart from the odd Poch disciple and he's clearly unproven.
Like that question wasn't asked with the sole intention of shooting down whatever was suggested. Poch for example would also be a very valid candidate. One can disagree without going out of their way to completely discredit the candidate. That kind of response is why no one answers unless they want to spend the following 3 pages debating it. I for one diagree but wouldn't fault anyone who wants to give Ole time

Last edited:

RUCK4444

If we win both our games, we'd finish only ten points behind the treble winners of 1999. Should Fergie have been sacked for not keeping up with standards? Points totals in individual seasons are irrelevant when taken without context. And the context for us and Ole has been that we had by far the weakest Manchester United squad since the PL's formation in 1992, arguably weaker than any since Fergie joined in 1986, even.

On the "players, not the manager" aspect of your argument, Pep came to City with the strongest squad in the league already at his disposal. He then proceeded to spend £180m+ further strengthening said squad, the end result was a pitiful 4th, no improvement on Pellegrini and an embarrassing CL exit. Is the resultant improvement down to Pep or is it because he bought better players? No one will get a tune out of players like Lingard and Pereira. Heck, 95% of our fans used to think the same of Fred and McTominay, yet Ole has been able to get them to play consistently and consistently well. So if that isn't a sign of good management, I don't know what is.

And speaking of Ole's potential, he's tracking on par with Klopp at Liverpool at the same stage, with a comparably weak squad. He will be strengthening it further with at least one likely world class addition in the form of Sancho, and is clearing out even more of the deadwood in the process. No sane person is expecting a title challenge next season, but the hope and expectation is that we will be there or thereabouts by the season after.

Lest we forget, this is the youngest squad in the league. By its very nature it will improve and become more consistent as time progresses. The only way is up for this team and Ole, and I genuinely find it surprising that supposed fans of a club whose whole essence is built on youth and attacking football is wanting the only manager who has stuck to that ethos consistently and all the way through.
Agree 100%. Great post.

People don’t factor in a lot of the above, it’s just a black or white decision, usually ending in a negative appraisal of Ole as soon as anything goes remotely wrong.

I know we’ve been told to be patient by every manager but Ole is the one that deserves that patience. He’s on the same curve as Klopp and in my opinion he’s doing it in THE most high pressured job.

Turning this Manchester United around from where we were to potentially challenging next season after his first full season - and people want him gone!? I find it complete madness to be frank.

We are showing signs of real consistency (20 games until Sunday)

We have beaten all the big teams

Started to improve at breaking down defensive teams that sit back with the addition of Bruno and can still mix it with great counter attacking.

Squad is in its best shape since Fergie.

All that with a vitally important Summer right in front of us where Ed can make or break the next couple of seasons depending on how well we do this transfer window.

OR... We could bring in Poch as an example :rolleyes:who’s won nothing, spoil the status quo and potentially upset players who clearly have a great relationship with Ole, take the club in another direction (again) and waste another 2-3 years.
I think that’s far more likely than Poch coming in and winning the league straight away that’s for sure... grass is not always greener, in our case it’s usually a field of turd.

Let’s get behind him and keep progressing, sign some major additions and challenge for everything, with a club legend spearheading it who’s there on merit not past achievements.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Like that question wasn't asked with the sole intention of shooting down whatever was suggested. Poch for example would also be a very valid candidate. One can disagree without going out of their way to completely discredit the candidate. That kind of expected pettiness is why no one answers unless they want to spend the following 3 pages debating it. I for one diagree but can't fault anyone who wants to give Ole time
No it’s just the feckin most vital question to ask before you chose to sack a manager ffs :lol: :lol:

How can it not be pertinent?

Nobody has an answer, so why disregard or worse jeopardise all the progress we’ve undeniably made unless you have a really safe bet ready and willing to take over? The answer is you don’t - not in any walk of life or business would you commit to that risk without having a ready made candidate ready to step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.