Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Since that classless cnut became our manager, this place reached another level when it comes to X person in/out. One side hate with agenda but at least you know whats up with them, other side desparate to find someone to hook onto and talk mad stuff in full acolyte mode, both have almost feck all to do with the club they are supposed to support, pathetic really.

Is it really that hard to give a props in one part and criticize on other if there are reasons for both.

Fussball13251

I sort get what he's saying though. Being a manager and coach are two separate things. I think it would be good to still have him around under a different manager as one of the coaches. He was a good forward. Being the manager is harder... you have to get the team motivated every week, etc. Alex Ferguson threw his social life away. He was mad obsessed with being successful at football.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

I sort get what he's saying though. Being a manager and coach are two separate things. I think it would be good to still have him around under a different manager as one of the coaches. He was a good forward. Being the manager is harder... you have to get the team motivated every week, etc. Alex Ferguson threw his social life away. He was mad obsessed with being successful at football.
Ole's been a manager for 11 years

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
You don't get long unbeaten streaks if you're an average Manager though and from all accounts, if you listen to what OIe says, he doesn't actually do the coaching, the only time he's hands on is when he's talking to our strikers. Surely by going for weeks/months unbeaten it shows that he can motivate the team every week?

The big, big critism that I think is perfectly valid is that we seem to lose focus when the pressure is on and we also struggle when going behind. We have improved on these issues (very slowly), but it's still a big problem.

Fussball13251

You don't get long unbeaten streaks if you're an average Manager though and from all accounts, if you listen to what OIe says, he doesn't actually do the coaching, the only time he's hands on is when he's talking to our strikers. Surely by going for weeks/months unbeaten it shows that he can motivate the team every week?

The big, big critism that I think is perfectly valid is that we seem to lose focus when the pressure is on and we also struggle when going behind. We have improved on these issues (very slowly), but it's still a big problem.
I never said he's done badly. But it is highly likely that he will be sacked by the Glazer's if he loses to Leicester. It is rare that you get 3/4 years. Lamard only has 1 more season at Chelsea.

Withnail

I never said he's done badly. But it is highly likely that he will be sacked by the Glazer's if he loses to Leicester. It is rare that you get 3/4 years. Lamard only has 1 more season at Chelsea.
I don't think it's likely at all. What are you basing this on?

There has been no talk of Ole's job being on the line has there? Normally, if you're going to be fired in football it's all over the press.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I've never seen a poster on the Caf exude so much salt like Rafaeldagold has in the past month or so. This run of great form is dangerous for his health. I'm concerned for his well being.
:lol:

No wonder Ole lost against Chelsea so that rafaeldagold can recover

Mainoldo

Abit harsh. Freedom of speech and all that. But I think he needed some time off just for his mental sake alone. Even I got tired..

Handré1990

Abit harsh. Freedom of speech and all that. But I think he needed some time off just for his mental sake alone. Even I got tired..
:lol: A big difference is you seem content with sharing your viewpoints, that maniac is like a missionary from Jehovah’s Witnesses with his «in your face, you’re wrong and I’m right» rhetoric.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm not convinced by Zidane, only because he has insane levels of talent to work with at RM. There's no way he could replicate his success at another club without the same resources.
Absolute nonsense. Real were in free fall before he came back. He’s working with a youthful side in Valverde, Vinicius, Mendy, Rodrigo et al. Hardly finished articles.

rotherham_red

Mourinho tossed off the league's final six matches and finished 6th and still managed to see out the next season

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Freedom of speech only protects your ability to articulate opjnions or ideas without fear of censorship, persecution or retaliation by the state. It does not extend to private corporations or entities.

lex talionis

Who's top 5?
Beats me, but if a poll were conducted of informed observers of the game I'm sure these 5 would come up in the top 10:

Guardiola
Klopp
Mourinho
Zidane
Tuchel

But I look at these names and only see Tuchel as a reasonable option for United supporters to think about...if we're going to sack Ole, which I oppose at this time. Other reasonable options would be Pochettino and Allegri. Pochettino's resume does not do enough for me and Allegri is of course a vastly more accomplished manager than Ole, but I have my doubts ball retention tactics would suit the squad we have and satisfy the club supporters.

Ole may fail. Some argue that he has already failed us. But I see Ole having made substantial progress from the dire condition his predecessor left the club in. It may well be that we muddle along next season and if we do we'll have to pull the trigger and find someone, maybe Tuchel, who can take us the next step forward.

Foxbatt

No he should not be sacked for losing tomorrow. For the sake of everyone he should be kept next season unless he goes belly up by December. By December we will know if he is capable or not. Otherwise sacking him right now is not in the best interest of anyone.

Withnail

Beats me, but if a poll were conducted of informed observers of the game I'm sure these 5 would come up in the top 10:

Guardiola
Klopp
Mourinho
Zidane
Tuchel

But I look at these names and only see Tuchel as a reasonable option for United supporters to think about...if we're going to sack Ole, which I oppose at this time. Other reasonable options would be Pochettino and Allegri. Pochettino's resume does not do enough for me and Allegri is of course a vastly more accomplished manager than Ole, but I have my doubts ball retention tactics would suit the squad we have and satisfy the club supporters.

Ole may fail. Some argue that he has already failed us. But I see Ole having made substantial progress from the dire condition his predecessor left the club in. It may well be that we muddle along next season and if we do we'll have to pull the trigger and find someone, maybe Tuchel, who can take us the next step forward.
Emm is this a current top 5 of managers who any big team should be interested in?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No he should not be sacked for losing tomorrow. For the sake of everyone he should be kept next season unless he goes belly up by December. By December we will know if he is capable or not. Otherwise sacking him right now is not in the best interest of anyone.
I would be genuinely very, very shocked if we were to replace him this summer regardless of what happens from here

Foxbatt

I would be genuinely very, very shocked if we were to replace him this summer regardless of what happens from here
I agree with you. It's pointless to sack him this summer. Even if we lose tomorrow. But if he is not challenging by end of December, I want him replaced by a better manager.

LJJT

Find it strange this is still an ongoing debate. He’s a club legend, he’s returned during our darkest recent time, totally reset the culture back to how it should be, got rid of a lot of shite, signed the right players, developed all the existing ones, restored respectability, reinstated the exciting attacking football, followed through on blooding academy players. We should build a bloody statue for him if we finish top 4 tomorrow he’s saved us completely from utter mediocrity and disaster of previous post Fergie years

Matriac

Find it strange this is still an ongoing debate. He’s a club legend, he’s returned during our darkest recent time, totally reset the culture back to how it should be, got rid of a lot of shite, signed the right players, developed all the existing ones, restored respectability, reinstated the exciting attacking football, followed through on blooding academy players. We should build a bloody statue for him if we finish top 4 tomorrow he’s saved us completely from utter mediocrity and disaster of previous post Fergie years
But he joined Cardiff midway in the season when they were already bound for relegation and they still got relegated!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
But he joined Cardiff midway in the season when they were already bound for relegation and they still got relegated!
Who cares? It was quite a few years ago now. Do you really not think that people can grow and improve from their experiences over the course of a decade?

EDIT - think I missed the sarcasm in your post?

Revan

Assumptionman
I think we should change the name of the stadium to his name, in order to be fair and repay the debt.

Paul_Scholes18

It was not as bad as people make it out to be. We ended second with Mourinho. Had a few old ones and a few young ones in the team.
It was a healthy squad apart from the Sanchez situation. Also in massive need of a right back to replace Young and Valencia. A real right winger was also massivly needed.

Revan

Assumptionman
It was not as bad as people make it out to be. We ended second with Mourinho. Had a few old ones and a few young ones.
It was a healthy squad apart from the Sanchez situation. Also in massive need of a right back to replace Young and Valencia.
Hush, it was the darkest period in the history of the club. It was so bad that after 19 matches (when he was fired), we were in the sixth position with 32 points, 19 points below the leaders.

This year, with Ole who deserves a statue, after 19 matches, we were in the eighth position with 28 points, 24 below the leaders.

#progress

LJJT

Why is this relevant to us?

It was not as bad as people make it out to be. We ended second with Mourinho. Had a few old ones and a few young ones in the team.
It was a healthy squad apart from the Sanchez situation. Also in massive need of a right back to replace Young and Valencia. A real right winger was also massivly needed.
it was utterly depressing, 2nd or 7th we were a million miles away from any united team I grew up supporting.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
For spreading agenda-driven negative vibes throughout the forum or being an exceptionally shite poster, would be my guess.
He was a full member.

He had a number of user notes against his name. Basically banned for his negative and agenda-driven posting by a collective decision. of the mods. Seems he had been injected with an anti-Ole vaccine.

The ban is permanent.

mu4c_20le

One thing I'll give him is that he didn't just bandwagon back and forth, he truly believed in his opinions to the point where its almost obsessive and personal, and proving himself right became more important than actual club results. If he comes back under a different alias, lets hope he becomes a more rational and objective poster.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
One thing I'll give him is that he didn't just bandwagon back and forth, he truly believed in his opinions to the point where its almost obsessive and personal, and proving himself right became more important than actual club results. If he comes back under a different alias, lets hope he becomes a more rational and objective poster.
You should change opinion on anyone as the game progresses, this is something that many posters should learn. It's all good to have first impression but when you see something positive or negative there is nothing wrong in changing the opinion. There are many posters who wrote off Rashford, maybe they are so embarrassed that they can only praise him with some backhanded compliments.

I wanted Ole to be in charge and argued with so many posters, then I lost trust on him so wanted him out (btw without calling him pathetic silly names), then since Bruno signed there are lot of positives which means I feel Ole should be given more time. There is nothing bandwagon about it, it's called watching the game objectively instead of sticking to initial opinion no matter what.

If he comes back with different alias then hopefully mods will kick him out ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.