Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

I'm less frustrated with this game than the Copenhagen truth be told. At least we were able to pin them back, play on the front foot and be aggressive even if it was still 100% full throttle and burn ourselves out.

I mean there's still the same issues like in-game management and being let down by poor finishing/defending but at least it was against a very good team managed by a very good manager.

Against Copenhagen, we made them look like Sevilla-lite.

pablotatt

I saw a lot of running into blind alleys which I blame on coaching, a lack of tactical nous and some awful changes.

Tony247

There's never anything wrong with our tactical gameplan and in-game management, it's always the players. :wenger:
No special tactic for this game per se. Same 11 same system through and through for last what a dozen matches or so? Refuse to change the tactic or leaving it too late? Is that what call tactical brilliance?

Zen86

If he genuinely doesn’t think that bringing in fresh players to replace the garbage being offered up by the ones on the pitch and mixing things up, then he shouldn’t be in management at all.
We weren’t garbage though. We just seemed incapable of getting the ball in the net when it came to it. And we shat the bed in defence a couple times.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I stated from the get-go I wanted to win. Just like I wanted to win the league and fa cups.
Wanting to win is very different to being crucified for losing.

We tried to win. We didn’t. I don’t give a toss.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There's no way Ruud, RvP, Rooney, or Ibra et al. don't score tonight. We need a proper striker.
I remember Ruud missing a lot of chances away to Madrid that cost us the tie.

I remember RvP missing a tonne of chances away to Madrid that cost us the tie.

I've seen Ibra bottle big game after big game in Europe.

Same with Rooney.

SirScholes

Shocking defending and piss poor finishing cost us the game. You think those things would have improved if we'd have brought Ighalo, Dan James and Mata on earlier? Don't kid yourself.
I think if ighalo was on and martial moved to rashfords place maybe
Rashford was stinking up the place

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We weren’t garbage though. We just seemed incapable of getting the ball in the net when it came to it. And we shat the bed in defence a couple times.
From the moment they took the lead we were entirely garbage.

L1nk

That makes no sense whatsoever. Just because the lads on the pitch couldn't get it done doesn't mean by default Ighalo would have. Weird logic.
Weird logic is expecting the same lads, who, over a period of 90 minutes, have shown they aren't getting it done, and giving them even more minutes to try and do it, when we have substitutes ready and waiting to try and change the game, that's what Sevilla's manager did and oh look the substitute scored and changed the game. If we are just gonna let Ole off the hook and say every match there's no point bringing subs on cause the people on the pitch are better, whats the point in having a subs bench at all?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The difference playing Seville under Jose and now is obvious. We had the better match truth be told, but we need more quality in the squad. It’s job half done for him so far, he must identify better players and get them in if we want to kick on.

oreon

Ole is not an elite manager even the Ole supporters have to admit that. But he did enough to earn another season. This season wasn't a success it was good enough.
Next season the standards have to be raised. We need to contend for the title and win at least one title.
Remember we are competing against the best coachingwise. Klopp is probably the best coach in the world at the moment considering how much he maximized that squad. Pep is one the best coaches in history. If Ole next season can't measure up to those two then we need to upgrade to a better coach.

Tony247

You can hardly blame Ole for missing the chances. The eleven out on the pitch should have won the game without needing any subs.
Agree. But when your team is goal down and you clearly see one of your front three is ineffective throughout the game, and you need not one but two goals to win the match then will you wait till 92nd min to bring in yoru reseve striker?

Jacob

Blame arguable our best player with Bruno? Please explain. Like I get it I moan about Ole a lot. But what I get is a lot of people telling what he’s done well. So let’s keep the same energy with our players please.
Doesn't matter how good you are if you miss sitters though? He should've scored two. You cannot afford to miss those chances in a semi.

DarkXaero

No special tactic for this game per se. Same 11 same system through and through for last what a dozen matches or so? Refuse to change the tactic or leaving it too late? Is that what call tactical brilliance?
Our tactic is relying on talent up front to win games. There's no actual gameplan, it's just try to force everything through the middle (teams have adjusted to this by now), and hope for the best.

crossy1686

career ending
Ole is not an elite manager even the Ole supporters have to admit that. But he did enough to earn another season. This season wasn't a success it was good enough.
Next season the standards have to be raised. We need to contend for the title and win at least one title.
Remember we are competing against the best coachingwise. Klopp is probably the best coach in the world at the moment considering how much he maximized that squad. Pep is one the best coaches in history. If Ole next season can't measure up to those two then we need to upgrade to a better coach.
Klopp got 5 seasons to do that and you're wanting to write Solskajer off after one. I don't think you know what you want.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The difference playing Seville under Jose and now is obvious. We had the better match truth be told, but we need more quality in the squad. It’s job half done for him so far, he must identify better players and get them in if we want to kick on.
At least this was sickening because we should have won, rather than sickening because we made them look like Brazil '70. :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I remember Ruud missing a lot of chances away to Madrid that cost us the tie.

I remember RvP missing a tonne of chances away to Madrid that cost us the tie.

I've seen Ibra bottle big game after big game in Europe.

Same with Rooney.
They were far more effective than any of what we have right now, which is a lack of leadership, experience and killer instinct in front of goal.

SirScholes

Strong enough to sell Lukaku without spending on anyone else.

Strong enough to loan a player from China when he knew everyone would be roasting him for it.

Not strong enough to bring him on earlier in one particular game.

Right. Riiiight.
Not strong enough to make a decision to try and win the game
Ighalo was a good move but doesn’t excuse his poor in game management

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Strong enough to sell Lukaku without spending on anyone else.

Strong enough to loan a player from China when he knew everyone would be roasting him for it.

Not strong enough to bring him on earlier in one particular game.

Right. Riiiight.
Like he didn't want a replacement for Lukaku
And you mean the guy he puts on with 4 minutes of Injury time left? Absolute confidence in that player from China

Jacob

So we're condemned to only score during our purple patches and if we don't we're feked?
I don't understand. Martial missed two sitters, there's no two ways about it. I think we need a Lewandowski type of player that we can trust to score when shit hits the fan.

Flexdegea

Any one blaming the manager for tonight needs to give their head a wobble.

Everything was spot on, we had enough chances in the box to win 3 games, looked dangerous every time, then defenders fell asleep.

If anything it exposed to the board how bad the bench is, as literally zero options to come of it to change the game.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At least this was sickening because we should have won, rather than sickening because we made them look like Brazil '70. :lol:
Exactly mate, over these last two Europa league matches we’ve had a stupid amount of chances go to waste. It’s no wonder why we’re seemingly so desperate to get Sancho in.

Fracture90

I don't understand. Martial missed two sitters, there's no two ways about it. I think we need a Lewandowski type of player that we can trust to score when shit hits the fan.
Yeah, strikers will miss chances, we gotta make peace with that, all strikers miss. But why couldn't we creat anything after that?

Idxomer

I wasn't even going to criticize him today, his 1st plan was good enough and working. After going behind though, he needed to react immediately. That's where good managers shine but he just stood there and waited till the last three minutes to do anything.

It seems to me he goes into a mental shock whenever we're losing and takes about 15 minutes to realize it.

starman

Ole's job is to setup the team to create chances to win the game.
Rashford Martial and Greenwood with the amount of chances they had, the loss is on them more than Ole. If there was no chances, than fine fully blame Ole, but let's actually call it as it is.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I still can't believe that while Pochettino is available we will stick with Ole. Mind blowing. We upgraded no10 position, we upgraded cd position, we want to upgrade rw position. Why not upgrade the most important position in football club?
In december we will regret that.
So you want to replace our manager who hasn't won anything (with United) with another manager.....who hasn't won anything?

Zen86

From the moment they took the lead we were entirely garbage.
For all of 10 minutes then. His subs weren’t great but it’s the same problem we’ve had all season. Who do you bring on to change the game besides Ighalo? Lingard? Perreira?

FatherWolff

What? We clearly couldn't finish for toffees and we have a striker who's done reasonably well with us when playing, and who we kept on loan, come on around the 90th minute, what are you even on about? There's genuinely no point in keeping him around if that's the case, It was piss poor management.
So your main criticism is not making subs when the team are creating? They looked absolutely lethal up front. If I was to moan, I would take Williams of sooner. Maybe switch up front more, push higher up. But they tried that, and Sevilla are no mugs. We lost. Get over it!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
One other thing. I've read numerous posts telling me how good Ole is at transfers.

Well, I was never particularly impressed but we were looking solid. Now this defense is becoming a weakness again. Where are the people saying that now? Surely they would be happy to address the issues of paying so much for average defenders? One is great at defending (AWB) and one is good at most things (HM) but not top class which is what we needed.

fecking rats coming out of the woodwork now.
When you have nothing useful to contribute, it's well advised to keep quiet, so you don't embarrass yourself further.

There's genuine criticism to be had and unless you want us to become Arsenal, we need to expect better.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
They were far more effective than any of what we have right now, which is a lack of leadership, experience and killer instinct in front of goal.
Imo, what we really lack is a manager who can coach us to play a progressive style of football.

Bayern were shit since Pep, and this current manager has got them playing beautifully in no time. It's all about the coach; not the players.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Still ole at the wheel for me.

We should have comfortably won today had we taken our chances. Ole clearly needs funds to improve the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.