Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It seems to be every game. No matter what you think they are wasting their time. Ole will be manger next season, I believe he deserves it. But either way he isn’t going anywhere at this moment
A lot of fans are unable to look at things rationally.

If they can't see we've developed massively in the last few months and as a finishing position versus the end of last year, I don't know what you can tell these people.

Castia

Literally anyone. Bring on some fresh legs while they’re on the ropes and go for the jugular. It’s fairly basic management. But no, we keep our tiring players on the pitch and stopped attacking.
How do we go for the jugular when the players coming on are fecking shite though? Dan James’ fresh legs suddenly mean he’s prime Ronaldinho? the guy needs a loan down in the championship and I’m not even overreacting.

Forsu-Mensa, Mata, Ighalo? Come on.

RedDevilRoshi

Ole did not lose that game tonight. It’s the players on the park that lost it.

If you don’t take your chances, you don’t win football matches

edgecutter

Fecking hell, people are still changing their votes. I haven't changed mine, but this defeat shouldn't be the one that gets him the sack. I am going to look at this as a positive, sure, it's shit losing and we all would have loved a trophy, but this defeat just goes to show the reinforcements are needed and that we need a massive clean out of the under performers.

Lee565

No let's stick with ole an accept another mainly frustrating season of scraping for a top 4 spot.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not sure we'll ever win anything with him, but we did do way better vs Sevilla today than 2 years ago. So progress?

I wish we pressed more though. I worry our ceiling will always be somewhat limited if we don't commit to pressing more.

Nick7

How do we go for the jugular when the players coming on are fecking shite though? Dan James’ fresh legs suddenly mean he’s prime Ronaldinho? the guy needs a loan down in the championship and I’m not even overreacting.
So we should never make subs then?

pablotatt

United will never win the league with Ole in charge and I don't know why we should accept that.

Shark

@NotShark
Ole brought in Dan James, Ole brought in Ighalo and Ole gave Mata a new contract.

Zen86

Literally anyone. Bring on some fresh legs while they’re on the ropes and go for the jugular. It’s fairly basic management. But no, we keep our tiring players on the pitch and stopped attacking.
Literally anyone. You should be our manager, you’ve obviously got this whole tactics thing nailed.

oreon

Klopp got 5 seasons to do that and you're wanting to write Solskajer off after one. I don't think you know what you want.
When you look at the manager, you look at the squad he is and see if he's maximizing it. Man UTD current starting XI is far better than Sevilla and Chelsea, we should have beat these teams. How many teams have the attacking talent of Pogba, Bruno, Martial, Rashford & Greenwood.
One or two additions and this team should be expected to contend. If not get a manager who can? And Klopp had a resume backing him. He had won before that can't be said of Ole.

Man UTD fans need to ask themselves what Club are they ? Are we in the same bracket as Juventis, Madrid , Barca ? Or in the Spurs, Arsenal bracket ?
If we are gonna claim to be one of the best teams in the world. The expectations should be the same. We need to contend and win a title otherwise that season is a failure. This team is close, we need to see better from Ole next season or he should be replaced.

TheGame

There was literally a player on the bench who changed the game against Copehnagen but he had to wait until 87th min to come on. I know it's popular to underrate our squad but c'mon, we had options on the bench who could have changed the game but we didn't even try.
Exactly this. Mata and Ighalo should have been brought on earlier.

Reactions: Livvie

Fosu-Mens

Calling for OGS head after a game were we had the majority of the chances is just emotional frustration at a loss. However, thinking that OGS approach or lack of visible approach to football is not the way to get us back to the top and thus wanting him replaced is fair (as long as you don't want a Mourinhoesque manager to replace him).

So you want to replace our manager who hasn't won anything (with United) with another manager.....who hasn't won anything?
I think the idea is that Pochettino can coach a team to play a more possession-oriented football with a more cohesive press, and this is more likely to be successful at the highest level and with our current crop of players than our current unorganized and individualistic approach.

SirScholes

Shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway! Played them off the park in a game most for we'd get dominated. There only chances were goals we basically have them with bad individual positioning.

Blame Ole for the subs, but give him his props where it's due!
Not not convinced we played them off the park
It could of went either way

when that 10 minute spell didn’t create a chance there should of been movement, if we were going to score it would of been then.
60-70 marker almost everyone knows if it isn’t working you change, Sevilla did just that and won the game

Acquire Me

You don’t think there’s anything to question when the manager makes no changes until the 87th minute in a semi final after going a goal behind?
No, that could have worked out just fine, but not tonight. I don’t blame Ole for this one. Not the players either. Games like this happens now and then.

Nick7

Literally anyone. You should be our manager, you’ve obviously got this whole tactics thing nailed.
Nah I don’t, I don’t really know much about tactics And I was being obviously hyperbolic. I just know our players were tiring fast in the second half and we were crying out for a substitution around the 65th/70th minute. It happens so often in our games under Ole.

united for life

Keep Ole for sure. He’s done an excellent job. At least he’s building a team that actually can play entertaining football. Haven’t seen that in years. Need to back him with signing. We lack squad depth. Can’t win anything with lingard, james and ighalo as our options on the bench

Dobba

I think the idea is that Pochettino can coach a team to play a more possession-oriented football with a more cohesive press, and this is more likely to be successful at the highest level and with our current crop of players than our current unorganized and individualistic approach.
And with a defence so bad they can't win a damn thing with a guaranteed 30+ a season goalscorer playing upfront for them.

TheRedDevil2019

If we want to be stuck at this level then yeah stick with Ole, I think with the spending we have he'll get us Champions League and that but never challenge for anything.

If you want to go the Liverpool route before Klopp and take a chance on Nagglesmann then we can become one of the best Europe again, not just England
Here we fecking go....

Sancho, CB and some quality depth = title next season it's as simple as that. The prem form book suggests so.

Blame Lindlelof, blame AWB, Ole is blameless tonight. It was a great performance.

On another note, Lindelof is the thickest CB I've seen wear our shirt in a while. Why oh why didn't he attack the ball and clear it on that cross. Dreadful awareness, positioning, intelligence even basic common sense. Sell the clown...

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When you look at the manager, you look at the squad he is and see if he's maximizing it. Man UTD current starting XI is far better than Sevilla and Chelsea, we should have beat these teams. How many teams have the attacking talent of Pogba, Bruno, Martial, Rashford & Greenwood.
One or two additions and this team should be expected to contend. If not get a manager who can? And Klopp had a resume backing him. He had won before that can't be said of Ole.

Man UTD fans need to ask themselves what Club are they ? Are we in the same bracket as Juventis, Madrid , Barca ? Or in the Spurs, Arsenal bracket ?
If we are gonna claim to be one of the best teams in the world. The expectations should be the same. We need to contend and win a title otherwise that season is a failure. This team is close, we need to see better from Ole next season or he should be replaced.
Made a few minor edits and I'm assuming that you'd agree that Ole had as good a season as Pep then?

When you look at the manager, you look at the squad he is and see if he's maximizing it. Man City current starting XI is far better than Lyon and Arsenal, we should have beat these teams. How many teams have the attacking talent of KdB, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero & Silva.

Man City fans need to ask themselves what Club are they ? Are we in the same bracket as Juventis, Madrid , Barca ? Or in the Spurs, Arsenal bracket ?

Castia

So we should never make subs then?
In the right moments sure but taking off Greenwood and Rashford (even though he was piss poor) for James and Mata is equally pointless imo. Imagine bringing on Dan James at 60 minutes you honestly think he would have contributed anything at all?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
fecking rats coming out of the woodwork now.
This is a thread which literally is called "would you sack or keep Ole". If you don't like us, who think that he is not good enough for our club, then you can:
A) Speak about why he should stay and debate without insulting people because you know, we also love this club as much as you do.
B) Create thread : "lets all talk how Ole is awesome". I promise that i will keep away from that thread

TrustInOle

Not not convinced we played them off the park
It could of went either way

when that 10 minute spell didn’t create a chance there should of been movement, if we were going to score it would of been then.
60-70 marker almost everyone knows if it isn’t working you change, Sevilla did just that and won the game
Clearly watching a different game. They created nothing apart from two gifted goals. We created by far, more than enough to kill this game by the '60-70 marker' This is on the players. Calling for Oles head after one unlucky game is a joke tbh! :lol:

12 now! So fickle :lol::houllier:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm not pro nor negative Poch with this post, but

I really don't get posts like this.
Sure he could have pushed for a league cup or FA cup, but at the end of the day, they don't mean a great deal. Top 4 is way more important, and what he did with the Tottenham side, and the spending budget he had, was nothing short of very good.

He was never expected to win a league title, he was never expected to win a champions league, let alone get to the final of one.
He's achieved more and gained a far bigger reputation in his managerial career than what Ole has done.

Whether it's Poch or anybody else, our team can be improved, and so can our manager
I guess you don't know many Spurs fans. They are desperate for a trophy! Poch treated the domestic cups with contempt and they were pissed with him for that. Of course he was expected to win a league title or CL. What the feck are you smoking? Do you honestly believe that Kane is just hanging around for top 4 finishes?

His reputation is only being embellished by his absence from the game. If he was that good he would have still been at Spurs. You really believe that we are guaranteed titles with Poch?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No, that could have worked out just fine, but not tonight. I don’t blame Ole for this one. Not the players either. Games like this happens now and then.
I’d like to agree and while im disappointed I’m not hurt.

However a view like that is an acceptance of mediocrity. A final would have been great for the club,players and above all Ole. He has to get that monkey off his back in the same way Klopp finally did.

But, I’m not sure he’s ruthless enough

Welbeckham

Needs to react earlier when we’re clearly losing steam and trying to attack without running. Still a bit unreasonable to call for his head after this game. But I hope he is learning something from these defeats.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can we update the poll with more nuanced options now that the season is over?

I don't want us to fail under OGS but for all the people spitting bile, they should be asked to defend their stance if this goes pear-shaped next season, as I fear it might.

Tyrion

So you want to replace our manager who hasn't won anything (with United) with another manager.....who hasn't won anything?
The criticism of Poch not winning anything is stupid. It's similar to all the jokes some people here made about Klopp losing finals. As soon as he got a better team, that record stopped being mentioned.

Nick7

In the right moments sure but taking off Greenwood and Rashford (even though he was piss poor) for James and Mata is equally pointless imo. Imagine bringing on Dan James at 60 minutes you honestly think he would have contributed anything at all?
Why did Ole buy him then? Yeah I think he would have had a much bigger chance of having an impact coming on to a team on top and pushing for a winner than coming on in the 87th minute to a beaten team.

Zen86

Nah I don’t, I don’t really know much about tactics And I was being obviously hyperbolic. I just know our players were tiring fast in the second half and we were crying out for a substitution around the 65th/70th minute. It happens so often in our games under Ole.
It’s happened so often that we turn to shit as soon as we bring anyone off that bench, so it’s not surprising that he tries to avoid doing it.

Tyrion

Can we update the poll with more nuanced options now that the season is over?

I don't want us to fail under OGS but for all the people spitting bile, they should be asked to defend their stance if this goes pear-shaped next season, as I fear it might.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.