Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That defeat isn't on the manager. We missed numerous clear chances then the defence fell asleep for a really sloppy winning goal. The players let him down tonight, even though we dominated the game. We just needed better finishing. We are improving with Ole; we just aren't yet the finished article.

UnitedFan93

So should we also not blame Sterling for the sitter instead of Pep? Anyone with eyes could see Rashford was done. Should have pulled him at half time, put Ighalo on, and moved Martial wide where he could get space. Half the game was either Mason or Marcus running right into him because they kept running into the same lanes. That’s not a sign of a well drilled team.
Sorry don't understand the point you're trying to make.

Regarding moving Martial out wide, personally dont think moving our top scorer out wide is the best idea where he'll be wasted tracking back. All our good stuff tonight came through Martial playing through the middle. We just didn't take our chances.

At the end of the day we have zero game changes off the bench. Rashford was really bad tonight but ighalo isn't the answer. Its all on Woodward/Glazers now, let's see if they have any sporting ambition.

Nick7

It’s happened so often that we turn to shit as soon as we bring anyone off that bench, so it’s not surprising that he tries to avoid doing it.
We do a good job of that without bringing people off the bench.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Because the three up front are better and still had the energy? Only one on the bench who could do anything was Matic, and Fred was playing well.
Ighalo was, I think, our leading goalscorer in this comp. pre lockdown? And Mata is still under-rated by some despite good performances this season when given the chance - was linking up beautifully with Bruno at the beginning of the year, and had a couple of MoMs to boot. He changed the game on Monday night, and for Ole not to use him, or Ighalo when we needed a goal, wasis beyond my comprehension. I love Rashford, but he's been garbage since the restart. I've always supported Ole - as a player and as a manager - but not attempting to change things tonight is mystifying.

TheGame

In the right moments sure but taking off Greenwood and Rashford (even though he was piss poor) for James and Mata is equally pointless imo. Imagine bringing on Dan James at 60 minutes you honestly think he would have contributed anything at all?
No one is going on about James. Mata and Ighalo are the ones who should have come on. We needed to go for broke so should have overloaded with what we had.

Reactions: Livvie

Dan_F

Let’s be honest. We’re the 3rd or 4th best in the Premier League and we just lost to the 3rd or 4th best in Spain in a one off semi final, which most people would say was underserved.

Ole is still learning too I’m sure, he’s going to make mistakes. Pep with all his experience just lost a one off game to a team that finished 7th in a much worse league than La Liga.

SirScholes

Clearly watching a different game. They created nothing apart from two gifted goals. We created by far, more than enough to kill this game by the '60-70 marker' This is on the players. Calling for Oles head after one unlucky game is a joke tbh! :lol:

12 now! So fickle :lol::houllier:
It’s on the players right, so why keep them on the pitch if they are under performing?

Nick7

No one is going on about James. Mata and Ighalo are the ones who should have come on. We needed to go for broke so should have overloaded with what we had.
Pretty much. I cannot believe people are arguing that Ole was right not to make subs. Bizarre.

TheGame

Ighalo was, I think, our leading goalscorer in this comp. pre lockdown? And Mata is still under-rated by some despite good performances this season when given the chance - was linking up beautifully with Bruno at the beginning of the year, and had a couple of MoMs to boot. He changed the game on Monday night, and for Ole not to use him, or Ighalo when we needed a goal, wasis beyond my comprehension. I love Rashford, but he's been garbage since the restart. I've always supported Ole - as a player and as a manager - but not attempting to change things tonight is mystifying.
Fully agree with all of this. People are acting like we will suddenly sign 11 players for the squad next season, we won’t so the majority of these players will remain.

AshRK

I don't know why this thread is even open. Maybe re open it in November or December but having it open now doesn't make one sense. Can some admin do their job and close this thread.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We won't win the league with Ole.

We also won't win it with Pochettino, so I'm not sure why he's being touted as a potential replacement.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Or we could just bring Ighalo on for ineffective Rashford, and move Martial to left. Just a thought.
Didn't think of that and apparently neither did Ole. Strange since Ighalo was good enough to extend his pricey loan to January.

TheGame

Let’s be honest. We’re the 3rd or 4th best in the Premier League and we just lost to the 3rd or 4th best in Spain in a one off semi final, which most people would say was underserved.

Ole is still learning too I’m sure, he’s going to make mistakes. Pep with all his experience just lost a one off game to a team that finished 7th in a much worse league than La Liga.
Agree it’s just so frustrating knowing we were the better team.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I guess you don't know many Spurs fans. They are desperate for a trophy! Poch treated the domestic cups with contempt and they were pissed with him for that. Of course he was expected to win a league title or CL. What the feck are you smoking? Do you honestly believe that Kane is just hanging around for top 4 finishes?

His reputation is only being embellished by his absence from the game. If he was that good he would have still been at Spurs. You really believe that we are guaranteed titles with Poch?
Well, first of all, point to where I said we were guaranteed trophies with Poch?
Secondly, you're telling me if Spurs won the league, or the CL, it would have been 'expected'. The bookies ever had them close to being favourites to win it? Not a chance.
As for Kane, how many pundits and fans alike have said he'd need to leave to win trophies. It's obvious spurs were always going to offer something, but always come up short. They never had the financial backing to challenge these sides.
And nah, don't know many Tottenham fans, and sure they'd like to win a trophy, we all do, but ultimately at the end of the season if they could pick an FA cup or a top place finish, the majority would go for the champions league football, just like the majority of our fans

Ole has spend near 200m this season, and we finished on exactly the same amount of points as we did last year...

Crashoutcassius

are there actually people that think we should sack ole

does it bother you at all is barce appoint koeman? does that make you wonder if we should have a plan before doing the sacking thing?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The criticism of Poch not winning anything is stupid. It's similar to all the jokes some people here made about Klopp losing finals. As soon as he got a better team, that record stopped being mentioned.
Oh I see, but Solskjaer is being judged by completely different standards? Gotcha.

TsuWave

There's no way Ruud, RvP, Rooney, or Ibra et al. don't score tonight. We need a proper striker.
So we're just going to act like Ibra isn't one of the most wasteful strikers we've had in recent times?

Mainoldo

This is as good as its going to get with this team lads. But I like how everyone wants Ole gone now :lol:

He actually didn’t do anything wrong in this game.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is as good as its going to get with this team lads. But I like how everyone wants Ole gone now :lol:

He actually didn’t do anything wrong in this game.
As a neutral I agree. Don't think the Sevilla loss can be put on Ole.

Wasn't a fan of his substitutions and the timing of them though.

Fosu-Mens

I suppose, but when that talent up front is misfiring, you're screwed.
Especially when the rest of the team is not expected (able?) to do sh*t in attack, but we deserved to win today and it is wrong to call for him being sacked just because losing for Seville. My issue with OGS is the lack of ability to keep possession and having a functioning passing pattern and understanding in the team. Not a fan of his transfers in either, but what I do like is that most of the players look happy and willing to work hard. So his man management is more than good enough... It is more on the footballing side I have some issues.

As long as we do not go into next season with Williams, Shaw and AWB as our main fullback options then I will be happy. And Laird does not count as one of these.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
It’s happened so often that we turn to shit as soon as we bring anyone off that bench, so it’s not surprising that he tries to avoid doing it.
Sorry, thats rubbish. We were a better team on Monday after subs were made.

Mainoldo

As a neutral I agree. Don't think the Sevilla loss can be put on Ole.

Wasn't a fan of his substitutions and the timing of them though.
Same. The subs should have been made way earlier. But the guys on the pitch bottled it today. Again in key moments.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Well, first of all, point to where I said we were guaranteed trophies with Poch?
Secondly, you're telling me if Spurs won the league, or the CL, it would have been 'expected'. The bookies ever had them close to being favourites to win it? Not a chance.
As for Kane, how many pundits and fans alike have said he'd need to leave to win trophies. It's obvious spurs were always going to offer something, but always come up short. They never had the financial backing to challenge these sides.
And nah, don't know many Tottenham fans, and sure they'd like to win a trophy, we all do, but ultimately at the end of the season if they could pick an FA cup or a top place finish, the majority would go for the champions league football, just like the majority of our fans

Ole has spend near 200m this season, and we finished on exactly the same amount of points as we did last year...
Well isn't that the whole point of changing the manager? How long would Poch get before you start saying he has to go? You also need to speak to more Spurs fans, mate.

Kaos

Would be harsh to sack him after finishing 3rd, but again I don’t see us going any further with him unfortunately.

Take a chance on a promising coach? I’d be tempted to tbh.

Jacob

That’s fine. But you know what I hate. It fans talking all these ruthless crap. But when it matter for the people at the club that matters. We are soft. So I don’t buy it.
Sorry, I had a seizure reading that. Mind repeating it?

Status
Not open for further replies.