Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarsdd

This is a thread which literally is called "would you sack or keep Ole". If you don't like us, who think that he is not good enough for our club, then you can:
A) Speak about why he should stay and debate without insulting people because you know, we also love this club as much as you do.
B) Create thread : "lets all talk how Ole is awesome". I promise that i will keep away from that thread
A) Debate? Have you ever seen the state of this thread every time we don't win? I don't know what you mean by "we" there, no one questions "your" love for this club or not. But some of the impatient nonsense in here is well nonsense.
B) Who says "Ole is awesome"? not even the most deluded "Ole in"s can say that without losing their credibility. But Ole is progressing and taking steps with the team, and I expect him and the team to take further steps to get closer to the goal of winning the league. If he's not doing that, then I'll also be on his back. But coming out with comments now about sacking Ole, its all his fault etc etc is like I said nonsense.

Zen86

Sorry, thats rubbish. We were a better team on Monday after subs were made.
Great. And what about all the times this season when we fell apart after subs were made? We’ve got to where we are this season because of the first 11.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I reckon Ibrahimovic cost us more points than he won us with those misses. Martial has been a lot better this year than he was that year.

Acquire Me

I’d like to agree and while im disappointed I’m not hurt.

However a view like that is an acceptance of mediocrity. A final would have been great for the club,players and above all Ole. He has to get that monkey off his back in the same way Klopp finally did.

But, I’m not sure he’s ruthless enough
Mediocrity? No. It’s accepting that we did not win tonight. We should have done better, but at the same time we were the better team.

Building something great takes time. It’s going to be bumpy.

Eddy_JukeZ

29 goals in three quarters of season. I'll take that any day of the week.
Martial's conversation rate if I recall is one of the best in the league.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sometimes you just have a poor game finishing. Happens to the best.

FatherWolff

Ighalo was, I think, our leading goalscorer in this comp. pre lockdown? And Mata is still under-rated by some despite good performances this season when given the chance - was linking up beautifully with Bruno at the beginning of the year, and had a couple of MoMs to boot. He changed the game on Monday night, and for Ole not to use him, or Ighalo when we needed a goal, wasis beyond my comprehension. I love Rashford, but he's been garbage since the restart. I've always supported Ole - as a player and as a manager - but not attempting to change things tonight is mystifying.
Maybe maybe not. I don’t think Ighalo have looked sharp for a while, and he looked off tonight. But so did Rashford. But we created a lot of chances! I really couldn’t make my mind up why or who to sub, except Williams. We played well mate, besides a few errors which lost the game. And some incredible chances missed. I don’t think this game is something to go knee jerking over, but some hindsight criticism is ok. Both on Ole and the players. But we did actually set up and play well!

Fosu-Mens

We won't win the league with Ole.

We also won't win it with Pochettino, so I'm not sure why he's being touted as a potential replacement.
Do you think long term;
1. Will we be a better team playing the type of football Spurs did with Poch (before things started to go wrong)?
or
2. Playing the type of football we do now (on average) with OGS?

passing-wind

Hardly Solskjaer's biggest fan but how are fans so upset over a rubbish European competition. We won it with Mourinho and he got absolutely no credential for it overall.

SirScholes

Pretty sure we have been over this like one comment ago? :lol:
Because there is no defending it, as you say it circles back to this
Yes he doesn’t have sancho or grealish on the bench but he does players with different qualities, Sevilla stop us and the game went unchanged from the 60 minute mark onwards we had ran out of ideas

this isn’t the first time either

I’ve kept my vote for him to finish the rebuild because changing manger would set us off track again, but he has to improve his game management and he has to introduce some kind of tactic because it all looks random

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Well isn't that the whole point of changing the manager? How long would Poch get before you start saying he has to go? You also need to speak to more Spurs fans, mate.
It's not always about winning the trophies.
Sometimes its about improving what you have at the squad.

I don't think Ole is a very capable manager to be honest and I think with a better manager, this set of players do better.
In the same way that for the most part, people always claimed Spurs outperformed expectation.

In the same way that a few years ago, if you said Klopp could get a midfield with Henderson and Wijnaldum to win both a Premier league and Champions league, they'd be shocked.
Yes Liverpool have a very good side, but again, Klopp is getting every last bit and more out of his players.
I don't think Ole is doing that for us.

And nice one, I'll sign up to a spurs forum now

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Still crazy to me that this thread gets a update after every time the team loses the odd game.

Must be pure madness for the Ole out lot.

Shark

@NotShark
Hardly Solskjaer's biggest fan but how are fans so upset over a rubbish European competition. We won it with Mourinho and he got absolutely no credential for it overall.
You don't think winning semi finals and trophies is important? the Europa beneath us now?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Martial's conversation rate if I recall is one of the best in the league.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sometimes you just have a poor game finishing. Happens to the best.
Its one of the best yes, but there's still room for improvement in terms of his hold up play and general experience in situations like today.

Giggsyking

A) Debate? Have you ever seen the state of this thread every time we don't win? I don't know what you mean by "we" there, no one questions "your" love for this club or not. But some of the impatient nonsense in here is well nonsense.
B) Who says "Ole is awesome"? not even the most deluded "Ole in"s can say that without losing their credibility. But Ole is progressing and taking steps with the team, and I expect him and the team to take further steps to get closer to the goal of winning the league. If he's not doing that, then I'll also be on his back. But coming out with comments now about sacking Ole, its all his fault etc etc is like I said nonsense.
The only thing Ole lovers do here is come here and insult other posters. Pathetic attitude. If Ole's people are snowflakes and cant see other posters criticizing him, then they should keep out of this thread.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Mediocrity? No. It’s accepting that we did not win tonight. We should have done better, but at the same time we were the better team.

Building something great takes time. It’s going to be bumpy.
Yes it does but why should Manchester Utd simply accept 3 semi final defeats as ‘ just one of those things?’ Being a better team is irrelevant in sport, especially in games that hinge on split second decisions. The record will show we lost, not that we were unlucky

Mainoldo

Klopp, BaldFraud, Simeone, Allegri. You know, people who've won something.
Oh right. So he’s not top tier. But only 4 managers are better than him. So you would be happy with Simeone or Allegri here?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Have you ever seen this thread after we win? You can't say anything against Ole without being insulted and abused. There is no point posting then.
Guy lost 3rd semi this year. What should i say? Bravo? We have a serious winner?
My opinion is that these kind of games show are you manager for biggest club or not. He is not.
Look at his game management in those semis. Against City at OT he completely messed up with lineup and tactics (subbing no10 for no6 at half time was the best proof).
Against Chelsea he sent some mixed lineup because of resting or something and changed system. Then later he brought in best players and changed system again.
And this today. We had great 20 minutes in second half but he waited too long with substitutions.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Still crazy to me that this thread gets a update after every time the team loses the odd game.

Must be pure madness for the Ole out lot.
Because they know they are a laughing stock and desperate to regain some credibilty.

SirScholes

This is as good as its going to get with this team lads. But I like how everyone wants Ole gone now :lol:

He actually didn’t do anything wrong in this game.
What would you do if you’re team went 2-1 down with 12 minutes left and non of your starting 11 looked like scoring ?
a) bring on a striker
b) change widemen
c) do nothing at all

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Who would you recommend. Poch is a top tier manager. So why not go to the next level?
Do you think long term;
1. Will we be a better team playing the type of football Spurs did with Poch (before things started to go wrong)?
or
2. Playing the type of football we do now (on average) with OGS?
Honestly I'd prefer to wait until somebody better or with more potential (e.g. Nagelsmann perhaps) becomes available.

Pochettino is better than Ole, but if we appoint him we're committing to at least another few years without silverware.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's not always about winning the trophies.
Sometimes its about improving what you have at the squad.

I don't think Ole is a very capable manager to be honest and I think with a better manager, this set of players do better.
In the same way that for the most part, people always claimed Spurs outperformed expectation.

In the same way that a few years ago, if you said Klopp could get a midfield with Henderson and Wijnaldum to win both a Premier league and Champions league, they'd be shocked.
Yes Liverpool have a very good side, but again, Klopp is getting every last bit and more out of his players.
I don't think Ole is doing that for us.

And nice one, I'll sign up to a spurs forum now
You need to make your mind up. Ole's improved the squad and hasn't won any trophies yet....but he has to go? So which one is it?? And how long has Klopp been at Liverpool?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ole has earned another season and getting rid of him now would upset squad balance in my opinion.

He's achieved Top 4 and reached the semis of both a European Tournament and a Domestic Cup.

These things shouldn't be celebrated - as I've famously made clear in my other thread, but he doesn't deserve to lose his role after this season.

While he isn't my first choice he's popular and well liked by the players. He deserves another season and another transfer to continue his work at Utd.

The club should, however, be looking at who's available to come in after him should he not improve next season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Because they know they are a laughing stock and desperate to regain some credibilty.
I suggest you people are a laughing stock.

You come in here acting passive aggressive or just aggressive without addressing any of these points and you have the gall to insult others. Go read the definition of discussion forum.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
League cup is shit. Fa cup is shit. EL is rubbish.
We are club whos last CL or Pl title was 7 years ago. But we don't care for "minor" trophies?
Who needs trophies, eh?

Dobba

League cup is shit. Fa cup is shit. EL is rubbish.
We are club whos last CL or Pl title was 7 years ago. But we don't care for "minor" trophies?
Who needs trophies, eh?
Not the manager you want to replace Ole with, apparently.
I still can't believe that while Pochettino is available we will stick with Ole. Mind blowing. We upgraded no10 position, we upgraded cd position, we want to upgrade rw position. Why not upgrade the most important position in football club?
In december we will regret that.

Status
Not open for further replies.