Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRM

I just don't care anymore.

We've got a board that don't want to invest unless they're forced to. We've got players on the books who are treating the place like a cushy pension plan and no one's making life difficult for them in case someone gets 'upset'. We've got big name players being shown up by Crystal Palace.

I'd dare say the only people who genuinely care are the coaching staff and the youth players and I'm not even sure they're collectively good enough to do anything about the situation.

Just fecking delete the club so I don't have to watch or care anymore please.
My sentiments exactly

Idxomer

The board is beyond shocking however

A- It wasn't Woodward who suggested spending 80m on Maguire. Ole was
B- It wasn't Woodward who preferred Lindelof over Smalling. Ole was
C-Woodward isn't managing a team who is getting smashed by Palace despite having talent like Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Greenwood, Rashford and Martial. Ole is.
The two things aren't mutually exclusive, that's why our only hope we would luck into a manager who miraculously could deal with all this mess.

JG3001

Fluked 3rd and the Ole In brigade know it. There’s deep rooted problems that go beyond the manager, but he is not the saviour.

edgecutter

Some of you here are extremely toxic. Coming in here after bad performances shouting Ole out. He deserves another season. He did his job. If only you were as vocal about the board lack of signings as you are about Ole out... We'd be way better than where we are.
I am, feck the glazers, but we should be beating these sides.

Giggsyking

I said it when he signed, and when he finished "3rd", I will say it now
Everyone in this thread will come to this conclusion
Ole is not a good manager and one day everyone here will say it. I hope it is soon.

lilcurt

Defining post match conference for Ole coming up. If he doesn't call out the board on transfers I think that him finished ultimately. He will never be backed to the hilt by these cheapskates and he isn't a manager who is going to overachieve with limited resources.

He needs to call them out and put them in a position that they have to bring the bodies and quality in.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bizarre decisions for the opening game, but its not his fault the squad is absolute gash.
The squad isn't gash though, it's the same squad that was virtually unbeatable for a long stretch at the start of the year.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Ole could not lead a chorus of "happy birthday" at a kid's party, never-mind lead men into victory. He is just so non. I am not surprised. I just feel sad.

Dinghy

Only got himself to blame for that loss when starting with McT, FM and James.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The squad isn't gash though, it's the same squad that was virtually unbeatable for a long stretch at the start of the year.
It’s not match fit yet. That was obvious from the first 20 mins. Palace were better because they fitter.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Below average coach but clearly there are bigger issues with the club.

MoskvaRed

However bad the Glazers and Woodward are, we should not be getting turned over 3-1 (a result which actually flatters us) at Old Trafford to Crystal Palace.

ECantona_7

I would sack this vegetable lasagna. This is not a well drilled team. He is out of his depth.

Dr. StrangeHate

I was watching a lot of football this week. Thankfully got reminded today that with Ole in charge no point in watching football. Forget about the scoreline and result. Was this match even remotely entertaining?

Last edited:

led_scholes

We missed Guardiola, Kloop and Zidane for Moyes, LVG-Jose and OGS.
I think we should try Pochettino.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not good enough from Ole. Play the best 11 and respect the opposition. James, McTominah and FM are not good enough.

crossy1686

career ending

C-Woodward isn't managing a team who is getting smashed by Palace despite us having talent like Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Greenwood, Rashford and Martial. Ole is.

Ole deserve support but he's doing his fair share of mistakes.
A. It was Jose who caused that feck up by chasing Maguire hard during his last season.
B. Smalling was thought of less than Jones before he moved to Roma on loan.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Having the United squad showing up so clearly short of match fitness is a pretty large black mark against his name. I agree the players needed a few weeks of rest, but they most certainly should not have been given the freedom for all that time off abroad that they had.

It was bad enough optics in a global pandemic, but clearly we have not been taking the necessary steps to be ready for this match. The players had months off during lockdown. They hold enough responsibility and are suitabilly recompensed to go without a holiday for a year. How did we plan to only have half the team play one pre-season match and the rest miss it entirely? feck the transfers. You are not even using the players you’ve got.

Luton against an unfit second string could be brutal.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am, feck the glazers, but we should be beating these sides.
this. Also Ole need to own his mistakes as well. For example we spent 80m on a CB yet our CB pairing is beyond pathetic. We added a CB whose decent but hardly WC and whose got zero pace. He played him with Lindelof whose equally slow and then he showed the only decent pacey CB we had the door. That's something Ole must own.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Well I for one was shocked by Palace parking two banks of 4, then being extremely direct and targeting the slow CBs on the break. Came as an absolute surprise, so I'm not sure how Ole could have known.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It's a strange one.

We started his tenure amazingly.
We ended his first half season really badly.
We started the next season really badly.
We then had the bounce of Fernandes start amazingly.
We then ended the season really badly.
We're now starting this season really badly.

Presumably we'll get a signing in January on deadline day after Ed and Judge fecking about all window and we'll get another bounce then end the season/start next season exactly the same.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
All you Ole outers pop up every time we have a bad game.

It’s honestly a joke at this point :lol:

It’s not his fault the team looked sluggish.

His only fault was starting Lindelof. But in truth both CBs played garbage.

Fracture90

Honestly we can have prime Messi but to no avail because Ole simply isn't that good of a coach to make us into a proper team. His bread and butter is counter attacking and individual prices of brilliance from flair players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think he means that 66 points shouldn't be getting third and we were lucky to get in because of that.
Well, your points total at the end of the season is relative to the quality of the competition you're competing against, so that doesn't explain the fluking part.

Idxomer

A. It was Jose who caused that feck up by chasing Maguire hard during his last season.
B. Smalling was thought of less than Jones before he moved to Roma on loan.
Stop making stuff up, he was always more rated than Jones by the majority here.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Embarrassing performance. It is not that we lost, but how badly we lost.

I have not seen Woodward that upset in awhile when the camera pan to him. He looked pissed and ready to make a big decision. Anyone have a gif of that moment?

Godfather

C-Woodward isn't managing a team who is getting smashed by Palace despite us having talent like Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Greenwood, Rashford and Martial. Ole is.

Ole deserve support but he's doing his fair share of mistakes.
Agree but for the sentence. He's shown that he is not good enough for this job. The board is a shitshow as his Ed. But Ole must go. Our football is a joke. No attacking patterns, no running, no desire to get in the box. Nothing.

SirAnderson

I must admit, my faith is dwindling. I blame our transfer mess on woodward and the board, but this result is systemic. I have always tried to give the benefit of the doubt, but getting results like this shows NO progress from what we've been experiencing for the past 7 years.

lilcurt

Well I for one was shocked by Palace parking two banks of 4, then being extremely direct and targeting the slow CBs on the break. Came as an absolute surprise, so I'm not sure how Ole could have known.
This!

I will give Ole a chance in that I think we are so lacking fitness compared to them, we've hard one preseason game and hardly any time off.

However, we can't go far with those plonkers in defence and without another forward. James got dragged off but could as easily be Rashford, he has been gash since lockdown.

Acole9

Outstanding
If he uses the referee making a mess over the penalty as an excuse that'll be rather lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.