Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

What the feck has this thread become? It’s a “let’s complain about everything United and blame it on Solskjaer” thread.

Don’t know why some of you bother getting out of bed in the morning
And the season doesn't even start yet :lol:

Let me guess, the hottest subject this year will be "Ole should do much better with the current squad. Lingard, Mata, James basically any player can turn world class with enough coaching". And surely the holy "patern of play" will pop up again, with random post about how great Poch, Nagelsmann etc. would do :lol:

hobbers

What is it about Ole’s career with us as a player and manager and the way he handles himself makes you think he’s a walkover?

Genuinely curious to hear why you would think that because i see nothing
I didn't think he was either, but if we go into this season with 1 signing, given what every other team in the traditional top 6 have done in the window, then he is a walkover.

He must know that with no more additions we'll struggle to even finish top four. We will definitely go backwards on last season because the rest will all improve. And the result will be everyone calling for him to get sacked. If he's accepting that then he's a walkover. If he doesn't realise that then he's a naive fool.

Strelok

I didn't think he was either, but if we go into this season with 1 signing, given what every other team in the traditional top 6 have done in the window, then he is a walkover.

He must know that with no more additions we'll struggle to even finish top four. We will definitely go backwards on last season because the rest will all improve. And the result will be everyone calling for him to get sacked. If he's accepting that then he's a walkover. If he doesn't realise that then he's a naive fool.
So if we go into the season with just VDB. You think he should start a public war with Ed and the Glazers? Or should just resign?

Snuffkin

So if we go into the season with just VDB. You think he should start a public war with Ed and the Glazers? Or should just resign?
He should rest assured that our form was the best in league bar none. The Sancho deal will be announced probably today now that Thiago has gone for peanuts. It wont give the game a buzz cos there are no fans, but it might take some pressure off.

Tarrou

Why put this on Ole?

We're always like this in the transfer window, we fanny about until the end and then usually spend the money. The glazers decide the budget and the manager has no say in that.

Mourinho got restricted in his second summer and for all his whinging in the press it achieved nothing. He clearly isn't a walkover is he? He's the exact opposite.

So Ole can decide to moan about it publicly or not - that's it. If he moans about it publicly all he does is alienate himself from his employers, and also his players because he's indirectly saying they are not good enough.

But Ole does the smart thing, says they want knew players but only if the deal is right, essentially gives away nothing to the press and refocuses the conversation more on how good his current players are.

Like, how can he possibly handle that any better?

Do you honestly think anything he does or says to the owners or press will have any bearing on his budget? It doesn't.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Why are we still debating this. OGS is going to be our manager this season. Whether we like it or not. Let us get behind the team and see how things are moving ahead after 10 games. I would be happy if we win 7 of those 10. Right now our squad has issues which have not been fixed. Also OGS has to show more tactical nous which he hopefully will, having one full season under his belt. Time will tell. Let's wait.

Strelok

He should rest assured that our form was the best in league bar none. The Sancho deal will be announced probably today now that Thiago has gone for peanuts. It wont give the game a buzz cos there are no fans, but it might take some pressure off.
:confused:

Marcus

Would our answers be different if there is no way Ole will be allowed to finish the rebuild?

Foxbatt

For the guys defending Ole for his current public stance you can't have it both ways. If he is rebuilding then it's ok for me. But if he is rebuilding then obviously it is ridiculous to rebuild on the current lot he has. He needs new players. If he is not getting new players ( I entirely agree he doesn't make the final decision on this) he is not rebuilding.
I don't think DVB is going to make a big difference to our starting 11. But lots of other teams have improved their starting 11 and their squad. Teams like Everton most probably would finish above us too because they have improved their squad and also have a better manager/ coach than us. I would say with Spurs getting Bale and the left back they have improved a lot better than us. With Arsenal, Spurs and Everton in the mix and Liverpool and Chelsea improving their squad and City too, I don't see us finishing in the top 4 let alone top 5.

Withnail

For the guys defending Ole for his current public stance you can't have it both ways. If he is rebuilding then it's ok for me. But if he is rebuilding then obviously it is ridiculous to rebuild on the current lot he has. He needs new players. If he is not getting new players ( I entirely agree he doesn't make the final decision on this) he is not rebuilding.
I don't think DVB is going to make a big difference to our starting 11. But lots of other teams have improved their starting 11 and their squad. Teams like Everton most probably would finish above us too because they have improved their squad and also have a better manager/ coach than us. I would say with Spurs getting Bale and the left back they have improved a lot better than us. With Arsenal, Spurs and Everton in the mix and Liverpool and Chelsea improving their squad and City too, I don't see us finishing in the top 4 let alone top 5.
I don't know what you are getting at here at all.

The people defending Ole for his diplomatic public stance, which is the only stance he was ever going to reasonably take, can't have it both ways?

Then you make some confused point about rebuilding or not not rebuilding and his current lot which I don't understand.

Given the window is still open we can't definitively say he's not been backed yet.

Also you seem to be making out he hasn't publicly stated that he's told the board which areas need improving and that they are still working to bring the right players in.

Tarrou

what do you think Ole's stance should be?

Foxbatt

I don't know what you are getting at here at all.

The people defending Ole for his diplomatic public stance, which is the only stance he was ever going to reasonably take, can't have it both ways?

Then you make some confused point about rebuilding or not not rebuilding and his current lot which I don't understand.

Given the window is still open we can't definitively say he's not been backed yet.

Also you seem to be making out he hasn't publicly stated that he's told the board which areas need improving and that they are still working to bring the right players in.
No manager is going to tell the board he doesn't want new players. So I have no doubt Ole has asked for new players and the board is either refusing him or dithering.
My issue is with people who claim Ole is rebuilding. Ole is not going to rebuild without new players. So if he is not getting new better players then he is not rebuilding.
If Ole is not going to get the CL spot with these players the buck stops with the board I agree. But Ole as a legend at United has more clout than other previous managers after SAF. So in my opinion he should throw his weight around and get new players. He has lots of ways for the story of the board refusing players to be out in the news without incriminating himself.

Withnail

No manager is going to tell the board he doesn't want new players. So I have no doubt Ole has asked for new players and the board is either refusing him or dithering.
My issue is with people who claim Ole is rebuilding. Ole is not going to rebuild without new players. So if he is not getting new better players then he is not rebuilding.
If Ole is not going to get the CL spot with these players the buck stops with the board I agree. But Ole as a legend at United has more clout than other previous managers after SAF. So in my opinion he should throw his weight around and get new players. He has lots of ways for the story of the board refusing players to be out in the news without incriminating himself.
Well if no one else comes in after he's said he's told the board what he needs and that they are working on getting more players in that will be fairly obvious so I don't really see your point.

Eddy_JukeZ

We can't afford another poor start in the league.

That performance was awful.

Needs to make changes at HT and give the hairdryer to the players.

hobbers

Picking up straight where we left off before lockdown, dropping points at home to objectively crap sides while we strut around, look clueless and are second to every ball.

Paul_Scholes18

We look truely awful as a side this half. That is on the management. Hope for a better second half, but not very optimistic.

BlueHaze

Just the way we played that half and the way we have operated in the market this is just a deja vu of Mourinhos third season. Without a shadow of a doubt I'm 100% certain it's going to be one terrible fecking year.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I keep thinking about his saying he's not a coaching manager, but more of a leader type manager. Walks into a job that's clearly too big for him, where he's inherited two coaches (who are both relatively unexperienced) and brings in Phelan. Is that really enough?

I go back to feeling like we're not properly coached. Just relying on the pieces fitting together and one player stepping up here and there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
please lock this thread. Whether Ole is a right man or not is irrelevant. Yet again another manager is handicapped by our board. We’ve started the season with one signing. We’ve had all the time in the world to work on deals and targets yet here we are. Fans will blame Ole and maybe he isn’t good enough but Glazers and Woodward are much bigger problem here.

Rooney1987

please lock this thread. Whether Ole is a right man or not is irrelevant. Yet again another manager is handicapped by our board. We’ve started the season with one signing. We’ve had all the time in the world to work on deals and targets yet here we are. Fans will blame Ole and maybe he isn’t good enough but Glazers and Woodward are much bigger problem here.
Not just on transfers, didn't anyone think to organise more then 1 friendly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not just on transfers, didn't anyone think to organise more then 1 friendly.
To be fair we had European commitments and players on international duty but there is no excuse to starting TFM and James ffs. That’s not on Ole.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
In fairness, I very much doubt people have suddenly changed their minds based on this 45 minutes. Most Ole Outers had the majority of last season to make-up their minds.

For me, Ole's squad has always looked at his best when they're chasing or making up for something (Mourinho's sacking; getting top 4 last year).

As a team, we don't really have a core philosophy, which is directly responsible for some of the poor play/relying on individual moments of magic we've since even when we win.

So yeah, so far, Ole looks like a great manager at getting some kind of short-term impact, but less good at long-term planning.

Anyway, 45 mins to go and I think we'll win (largely because we're so good at reacting to bad situations).

DRM

We can get Jesus Christ himself, it doesn't matter. We're done as a club

Status
Not open for further replies.