Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

There comes a point, and it was a long time ago, when fitness stopped being a valid excuse.
Cool, you listed all the negatives. So what about the good performances? New manager bounce, or whats the excuse for those?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You come out with a lot of nonsense.

As a Mancunian who tries to get to games (pre covid) I've always supported the team. As well as Ole now, I've been to games where I've wanted Moyes, van Gaal and José out and have been nothing but supportive.

Venting your frustrations and concerns on a forum doesn't change that.
I’ve yet to see one shred of substance quantitative evidence which merits the frustrations or concerns people complain about so viciously in this thread.

Must have asked 10 times but all I get in return is unmeasurable and pretentious crap like ‘patterns of play’ or ‘progressive pressing’ or ‘modern coaching’ or ‘team shape and triggers‘. I must say, I’ve never seen any of these guys on the team sheet or score a goal.

It all just strikes me of people trying to pretend they know stuff about football. it’s why I cant take any of it seriously.

AshRK

If Pogba was nonexistant, replacing him was not "smart". It was basic.

I'm not giving the manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world compliments for stuff like that.
Then don't give. Who asked you to give , even I am not giving him credit if you read my post again I specifically wanted him to manage his players better.

GiddyUp

I want to support him so much but I just don't think he has the qualities required to manage this club back to the top. With Pochettino twiddling his thumbs somewhere it's very difficult not to be intrigued about what he could do with this squad. This should be something that privately motivates Ole but it's hard to be patient with him after the last few games. Ed needs to pull his fecking finger out and give our manager the players he needs.
I don't think I could scream for his sacking like the last three managers but this season looks like it's going to be a rollercoaster.

hobbers

Is anyone besides you screaming fitness?

I'll ask you this: Is this squad fully rested, recovered and ready for a new season?

If your answer is no, then why the hell are you even posting this?

Loads of Prem teams have had horrible pre seasons. Obviously less time for pre season across the board. Players not really getting holidays. Ridiculously timed international games. Players having to go into isolation. Players not able to train. Players actually catching covid. Most teams in the league have smaller squads than us as well.

Ole has had the benefit of the doubt over squad fitness enough already in his United managerial career. And this is the sort of excuse that can and will undoubtedly be trotted out for the entire season. "Sitting in 10th in December? Nah it's just because of the lack of pre season, nothing to do with coaching or tactics or player confidence and belief"

Ralph1386

So cheap we have the highest wage bill I the league :confused:
He was talking about the manager's wages compared to the wages we would have paid for the likes of Klopp or Guardiola.

Or was it not clear enough that the he was talking only about the manager's wages, and not the entire wage bill of Manchester United?

Speaking of wage bill, some of the player's wages is another problem and the reason why we can't sell the deadwood (as has been discussed on the car numerous times)

Just to be clear I think the biggest problem lies in the board and hiring bankers to take care of footballing matters. Ole has his weaknesses, but sacking hm now will not solve anything because any other manager will have to deal with the same incompetent club administration.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh, we were shit today alright. i just find it curious that the second we concede in a live match, people go to a thread about the bleeding manager to have moan. It becomes pretty fecking obvious what kind of agenda you have then
They were posting in this thread seconds after we scored the winner in the 99th of the game. Imagine not being able to celebrate such a shocking and thrilling end to a game, and that your first instinct when we win in such a way is to bump this thread :houllier:

I can’t understand why anyone follows a team with such passion when they act like this. :confused:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Theres always an excuse for him isnt there.
Never a pattern or any sort of plan. Just excuses and a bunch of players that are quite lost. Klopp or pep would have this team purring. The first 11 anyway

soapythecat

Current PL managers who I feel have Implemented a style of football on their team in a similar timeframe since Ole took charge:
Southampton manager (can’t spell his name) - not a great team but when they click they are great to watch. Played us off the pitch last season. Press high and get caught out but that’s more quality of the players. You can clearly see his style. When they get beat it can go really bad but prob not the case with a better side.
Potter - brilliant manager. Would guide Spurs, United etc to a top side. You can see what he want his team to do and they almost do it but don’t have the quality. Would transform this United side.
Arteta - I’d swap him in a heart beat. Forget where they finished last season when he came in v late. He’s won a cup and they play some electric football. Bought well too.
Wolves manager - another good side to watch. Built a nice team.

Ole wouldn’t get a job at any other side in the league if he got the boot. All of the above would walk into most clubs and do well.

We can continue to throw money at players but Ole ain’t the man to take us forward. I was wavering over my support of Ole back end of last season because we rode our luck time and time again. 3rd flattered us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Never a pattern or any sort of plan. Just excuses and a bunch of players that are quite lost. Klopp or pep would have this team purring. The first 11 anyway
Doesn't it strike you as odd that two equally distinguished managers as those you mention, LVG and Jose, performed well below expectations when they were in charge of United?

r0663664

Worships Man City
How long has Ole been appointed? Shouldn't it by now that the team has an identity? This is our identity:

- best tactic is sit back and counter attack
- cannot breakdown a discipline side
- carelessness is possession
- tortoise pace build up
- cannot press due to laziness of players
- no width with fb who can't cross
- slow CBs who are kill by pace

I hope Ole read this.

AshRK

Arteta - I’d swap him in a heart beat. Forget where they finished last season when he came in v late. He’s won a cup and they play some electric football. Bought well too.
Wolves manager - another good side to watch.
Arteta playing electric football and wolves being a good side to watch. I mean why write 4 paragraphs of bs when you can just say I don't rate Ole. Would be much easier for others to take you seriously.

Withnail

He was talking about the manager's wages compared to the wages we would have paid for the likes of Klopp or Guardiola.

Or was it not clear enough that the he was talking only about the manager's wages, and not the entire wage bill of Manchester United?

Speaking of wage bill, some of the player's wages is another problem and the reason why we can't sell the deadwood (as has been discussed on the car numerous times)

Just to be clear I think the biggest problem lies in the board and hiring bankers to take care of footballing matters. Ole has his weaknesses, but sacking hm now will not solve anything because any other manager will have to deal with the same incompetent club administration.
Do you really think I'm so dim I didn't realise what point he was trying to make.

Do you think We would higher a cheaper makes as he was wired about the cost of said managers wages when he doesn't seem worried about anyone else wages, regardless of the problems the high wage bill brings?

It really doesn't seem logical.

Bojan11

Doesn't it strike you as odd that two equally distinguished managers as those you mention, LVG and Jose, performed well below expectations when they were in charge of United?
We hired LVG and Jose well past their peak.

mu4c_20le

This is the problem with this thread, most people are directly comparing him with Klopp or Pep. And then looking at their history and assuming he can do the same with this squad. Last season it was even more hilarious, before we signed Bruno, people were insisting that the likes of Klopp could make Pereira and Lingard play like Salah and Mane. When you make up these little scenarios and stories in your head, then of course you'll lose your perspective when judging Ole, because its based on things that never happened.

UDontMessWith24

You can't actually believe Van Gaal and Mourinho, at the time they managed United, were at the same level Klopp and Pep are today. You're running out of arguments fast.

UDontMessWith24

This is the problem with this thread, most people are directly comparing him with Klopp or Pep. And then looking at their history and assuming he can do the same with this squad. Last season it was even more hilarious, before we signed Bruno, people were insisting that the likes of Klopp could make Pereira and Lingard play like Salah and Mane. When you make up these little scenarios and stories in your head, then of course you'll lose your perspective when judging Ole, because its based on things that never happened.
100% spot on. There is absolutely no reason to make anything up when arguing the fact that he is not fit to manage Manchester United.

Paul_Scholes18

You can't actually believe Van Gaal and Mourinho, at the time they managed United, were at the same level Klopp and Pep are today. You're running out of arguments fast.
I think Mourinho was doing a better job before the meltdown. Although I guess failed in the market a bit.
Still I think his buy made sense at the time.
Lindelöf was the only buy I was against thinking it would not work.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Loads of Prem teams have had horrible pre seasons. Obviously less time for pre season across the board. Players not really getting holidays. Ridiculously timed international games. Players having to go into isolation. Players not able to train. Players actually catching covid. Most teams in the league have smaller squads than us as well.

Ole has had the benefit of the doubt over squad fitness enough already in his United managerial career. And this is the sort of excuse that can and will undoubtedly be trotted out for the entire season. "Sitting in 10th in December? Nah it's just because of the lack of pre season, nothing to do with coaching or tactics or player confidence and belief"

So what you are saying is that the third place finish 8 weeks ago has left the team demoralized, poorly coached, ill disciplined and well rested and eager to go? Got it!

Eli Zee

This thread should only be opened like every 5 games or something.. can't have people flip flopping after every result.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They both arrived with outstanding reputations and left with it in tatters, and Moyes was highly thought of before he arrived at United. I'm not trying to make excuses for Ole or anyone else for that, I'm simply trying to understand why 4 successive football managers (assuming Ole fails) were incapable of getting this club running as expected.

I refuse to believe it's something as simple as none of them being good enough, not with the amount of investment gone into the team post=Fergie.

saivet

Klopp and Pep are currently vastly superior to a washed up LVG and Jose.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Nothing new. Every manager since SAF left is in deep shit.

The question is can someone turn this around into something greater than Europa League and League Cup.

R'hllor

The honest truth is that the regulars in this thread are idiots for supporting Manchester United and would improve their mental health if they followed another club.
I can already see it, you gonna end up like haram.

mu4c_20le

100% spot on. There is absolutely no reason to make anything up when arguing the fact that he is not fit to manage Manchester United.
Ole isn't perfect but there is no need for hyperbole when assessing or criticizing him.

This thread should only be opened like every 5 games or something.. can't have people flip flopping after every result.
This thread, and the other negative ones like the rashy bubble are completely pointless, and only tend to be remembered when things go badly, but from the mods perspective i can see them being used as a funnel of sorts for all the most toxic opinions. Unfortunately people are reactionary and they wont change, lockdown or not. We can go full RAWK and lock everything down in sight but whats the point, it doesn't change them, merely suppresses them for the time being.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They both arrived with outstanding reputations and left with it in tatters, and Moyes was highly thought of before he arrived at United. I'm not trying to make excuses for Ole or anyone else for that, I'm simply trying to understand why 4 successive football managers (assuming Ole fails) were incapable of getting this club running as expected.

I refuse to believe it's something as simple as none of them being good enough, not with the amount of investment gone into the team post=Fergie.
There were plenty of people saying that LvG and Jose were past their best when they joined us. LvG was living off the back of the Netherland's world cup campaign whereas at club level he had poor spells at Bayern and Barca where he made poor signings, played bad football and alienated a lot of the star players. Sound familiar?

Jose won a trophy with Chelsea, then fell out with everyone and got sacked in his third season when they were languishing near the relegation zone. Sound familiar?

Maybe he don't need excuses, cause he has been doing pretty good, given the state of the club he inherited. Lets do some facts instead:
1. Since end of January, he has lost a grand total of one, 1, Premier League match
2. He has been playing the youngest team in the league on average
3. His total win% is the 3rd best of any Utd manager
4. If we divide his Utd manager career in 2 equal parts, his win% in the most recent half equals Sir Alex win%. Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.