Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder what Levy will be thinking right now.

• Wait for United to sack Ole and hire his replacement before letting Poch go and us pick him up for next to nothing.
  • Sack Poch first and get a replacement in ASAP to avoid us picking up a top available manager like Allegri (don’t want) before they do.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’ve had enough.

I don’t want a coach that just relies on individuals.

so many teams below our stature play much better football than us. I don’t have faith that whoever Ole signs this will improve as we can’t even do the basics now.

siw2007

As much as I love Ole and believed in the intent of what he was trying to achieve, I think he is a dead man walking. The squad is paper thin which doesn’t help but results at the moment are that bad, confidence is non existent and with no sign of improvement on the pitch, I just can’t see him turning it around.

Think this latest defeat might be his last or if not the Liverpool game will be.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He won't be sacked. He's doing exactly what he's been asked to do. Rebuild the team from back to front a over the next 3 years.

Woodward has made a statement only this week making their support for Ole very clear.

Whether you like it or not, he's going nowhere for the foreseeable future. He could lose the next 5 in a row and they won't sack him. The owners made a decision that he is their man. He'll be here next season as well.
Ok but how do you sell DDG/Pogba/Martial on that?

I'm not sure this form was expected, but even so. How do you sell them on it next season?

Donk3y

He is one of the worst managers in the history of the Premier League.

humdinger

I just can’t bring myself to vote for Ole to be sacked, especially if Woodward lives to fight another day.

He does deserve it though, could have no complaints.

Still can’t believe that idiot Woodward gave him the permanent job in the first place, instead of waiting for the end of the season as planned.

el3mel

Liverpool will deliver the finishing KO for this clueless manager. We'll be officially in relegation zone and they will have to sack him.

LJJT

It’s an utter shower right now but no manager could do much with this group. 6 years lack of investment and players sat in the comfort zone are the problem

Castia

It’s ended up worse than Moyes.

He must go. It’s not just the results but the performances, fecking clueless.

Will end up in the relegation zone after the Liverpool game.

starman

I was always about giving him two windows atleast but he is making it extremely difficult by losing games like these leaving us closer to the bottom than the top. Think he could be gone after the Liverpool game, like Jose went last year..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm afraid there has to be a time you change your vote to sacked, and this is it.

Newcastle have been and still are crap. And we just lost to them without having any sort of pressure on their goal.
Dreadful.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Keep currently 21 votes ahead and shrinking.

Superunknown

Even if we sack the manager, we are still with the same set of below average players until at least January. Realistically, you would say that January is not a fantastic time to acquire players, especially ones of higher quality, especially because the selling team would also need to buy replacements at an unideal time.

The problems that we have go higher and deeper than the manager. Ole is not the main reason why are in the mess that we are in. Where is that supposed Director of Football that we were going to be hiring? Why has that not been done? Who authorised the selling of our players in the Summer but didn't provide replacements?

Ole may not be the perfect long-term manager for the club, but the last thing we need is to stick a plaster on this and panic-fire our current manager and panic-hire another one, who we will then look to fire a few months from now when these same problems are still here. The problems that we have are going nowhere and firing Ole will maybe have very short term positive effects (maybe), but it will ultimately solve very little. The problems that we have acquired have worsened with each manager Post-Fergie.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
I’ve never advocated sacking a manager mid season. Even with Moyes and Mourinho. I was even willing to be patient as I thought the summer transfer activity wasn’t bad. It seems that Ole has got good ideas and the sort of player to use in that system (apart from relying on Rashford) but he seems to not know how to implement it on the training pitches. I think it’s time for him to go. We need to get to January with us at least holding onto the coat tails of the top 4. Then there needs to be some serious investment in a striker and a midfielder.

dove

What will be the tipping point for you?
Losing to Liverpool? Or in the league to Villa or Chelsea in the cup?
No turning point for people like him. They think they must blindly believe in manager no matter what.

Matt007a

I actually voted keep, as I felt like he'd done a good job of shipping some out and bringing in what I thought were positive signings. Unfortunately though performances have just got progressively worse over the last 2 weeks and we were pretty poor to start with!

I think when Ole came in, he basically took a squad who had been properly coached by a man who knew what he was doing and took off the handbrake. We rode our luck at times during that spell and generally did fine. Over time though Jose's methods have been forgotten and now we are seeing what Ole is doing on the training ground, which seems to be nothing at all.

I'm not saying we should have kept Jose. He needed to go for a few reasons, but at least we knew what his game plan was. It was the wrong game plan for this club, but in hindsight, it's better than no plan at all which is where we are now.

As I said in the match thread, you don't actually need great players to play pleasing football. You need them to win trophies, but even Championship teams like Leeds or mid table sides like Bournemouth play a brand of football that is easy on the eye and has a very obvious identity. We need several windows to get back to challenging and that's been the case the whole time. Nothing has changed there, but it should not take several windows to get a team to play cohesive and well drilled football.

When you watch other teams, players know where their team mates are without looking. They already know the next pass before the ball arrives because they've practiced it in great detail on the training ground. Liverpool and Man City are the best examples of this, but even those below do it. When our players pick up the ball, it's very obvious that they're winging it. The man on the ball doesn't know who he should pass to and the players off the ball don't know where they should stand or run. That goes beyond Ole and suggests that the coaching staff are equally inept, but the buck starts with the man in charge.

We had one chance today in the entire 90 minutes and that came from a corner. From open play we created exactly nothing against possibly the worst team in the league. We were the same in the Europa League on Thursday and Arsenal the week before.

I don't know who or what the answer is, but it's just so obvious that this is not it! I'm disillusioned with the club right now.

Sanche7

Yes, let’s keep him, then buy 22 average but British players for about a Billion dollars and when even that doesn’t work out, let’s sack him. If there were any positives, I would have supported Ole, but there is nothing indicating that Ole is doing a good job, nothing

Alemar

Ok, the “sack” vote has gained 0.7% over the last 10 minutes

Bowlcut11

I'm saying keep purely because I don't know who we could bring in that could fix this. I'm not even sure if there's anyone that can at this point of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.