Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Fanfiction

The team that came 2nd was a pretty good squad, 3 players more we would be closer to City.

The team Ole inherited was pretty good if kept or replaced Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku and Sanchez.

More Jose fanfiction

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Can't remember the last time we played well consistently for 7 years...
Neither can i, but one thing i do know is that, this is the worst football of the lot by a country mile.

This is cluelessness on a whole other level.

He's horrendous to watch & we will be in a relegation fight before he's finished.

That's why he needs to be sacked tonight.

Enigma_87

You know who
Still in the keep camp because I don't think sacking him right now would fix anything. At least wait till Christmas? Let's get some of those injured players back in the team?

Anyway ideally I'd like him to move up and we get in a proper coach. Let them handle the football, and let Ole and team deal with recruitment, etc...
Yeah, they will be useful in our fight for relegation come Christmas.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has to go now. There were a decent chunk of things I liked but he lacks any sort of ability to turn the tide when things go bad, cant get any results, it's still shit to watch, and he can't inspire any confidence. A shame because hes a legend and I really like the signings he did make, just nowhere near enough.

Fauzan

From Opta:

- 7th for chances created

- 17th for big chances created

- 12th for shots in the box

- 9th for shots on target

mav_9me

There are 2 big reasons to move on from Ole:

1. The youngsters need better coaching

2. Top 4 is open and we can get into CL via europa league.

RedNed77

I was prepared for a season of ups and downs, currently it just seems like downs. When do we get to the good bit. Next 6 fixtures;

Pool (H)
Partizan (A)
Norwich (A)
Chelsea (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Partizan (H)

I'm not even confident about the Norwich and Bournemouth games, let alone the others. Next win for me is Partizan at home in November.

diarm

I don't want him sacked - he's a club legend and deserves better than to be made the scapegoat for the shitshow this club is from root to tip. I said back when he was appointed that if we allowed Woodward and the Glazers to hide behind a legend of the club and allowed ourselves to be turned against him as though they haven't been the ones overseeing the last 7 years then we should be ashamed of ourselves as a fanbase. Unfortunately that is exactly what is happening.

At the same time, I don't want Ole to cling in there while idiots try to take from his legacy at the club. He deserves better than the hopeless, miserable figure we saw on the touchline today. There is no coach alive or dead that could come in and fix this United under the current ownership - if we're going to crumble to pieces I'd prefer us to do it with a cnut like Mourinho or Allardyce at the helm rather than a legend of the club.

OldSchoolManc

Can we have a similar poll for Ed Woodward? I think he carries most of the blame for where we are now. Having said that Ole is not up to the job either imo. Things won’t get better until we have a football person running the football side of things. Ed needs to be removed from all things football related and, sadly, Ole needs to go too.
That poll would be 100% sack.
This.
Anyone not voting sack Woodward would be a troll.

Triple.Threat

5 wins in 23 matches
0 away wins since March
2 points above the relegation zone
7 goals in their last 10 matches

Ole has to go.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
To those posters who are still saying we should back him.. What do you think needs to change for us to improve?

diarm

To those posters who are still saying we should back him.. What do you think needs to change for us to improve?
Ownership, board, CEO, DOF, Scouting & Recruitment, club structure, squad

Seb burrow

Only going to get worse after the Liverpool game.

I hope the fans at OT will show their frustration at this horrific mess the board have allowed to happen.

Hopefully things won’t get too ugly

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
More than likely will be sacked. Probably when we lose to liverpool.

Yes we have injuries but still, City had injuries last season and won the domestic treble. The thing as well Lampard has Chelsea playing decent football and he only came at the summer. Our general play is terrible.

Granted some players like Perriera are terrible.

At least Tuanzebe looks good.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Ownership, board, CEO, DOF, Scouting & Recruitment, club structure, squad
Ok. So you think him and the coaching staff are the only thing that aren’t an issue at the club?

Or are him/they part of Club Structure?

SungSam7

Any one that backs Ole, how do you defend his lack of game plan or direction? A bad team can always show some promise, Benitez did it with Newcastle. We haven't, time is up.

Flying high

So we get a new manager. What happens if he loses 6 games? Highly likely if he had to pick from the players available to Ole today.

Seriously, we started something in the summer which will take some time to complete. Are people really shocked that without some key players we are rubbish? Our 1st eleven is decent. Top 6 quality , just. But when Lukaku and Sanchez left, it should have been clear as day that we are writing off this season. Trimming the fat to prepare for proper investment next year. No excuses from the club now. Plan early and spend well.

Importantly though. We should not be sacking another manager before we get a DoF in.

Son

I just can’t believe this is on the manager.

When he has Phelan by his side surely all the clueless, lack of tactical knowledge etc cannot be true.

But maybe it is.
Phelan got sacked from Hull City my local team in less than three months in charge and then went to Austalia to coach. Our football got worse when he replaced Queiroz too.

Hardly a tactical genius.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE WHO ARE VOTING SACK.

Who would you replace him with?

Barthez

I actually agree with sourness! - it’s down to Quality! - simple. Happy to give Ole a couple more years as I’m sure he’ll turn it around.

kiristao

The only reason I will wait until the end of the season is to see if he can handle the pressure. Now that we are in 4th or there about's, its pressure time. Plus there are all these injuries to deal with. I would give him the permanent job based on how he handles things from now on to the end of the season. The position that we are in and the form that Arsenal & Chelsea are in, we are now favourites for 4th place. If he can live upto that expectation, the job is his.
This is what I had said after the Liverpool game last season. If only Ed had listened to me, we might not have been in this situation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.