Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You know things are bad when @sammsky1 can't even muster up the energy to be condescending to those who post valid concerns.

Woodenlung

I'm on the fence with Solksjaer. Ultimately I think we all know he's not a good enough coach to being the side on to the next level where we can compete for trophies.

But we've also played our best football post-Ferguson under Olé too. The players played with a freedom in attack that we hadn't seen in years. He brought through Greenwood and developed the games of Martial and Rashford. But ultimately that won't save him.

We're a side that doesn't play with any consistency. Started off brilliantly under him until April when we tapered off. Then started the following season poorly and needed the January window and lockdown to regroup. Now we've started poorly again and already look like we need a long break to think up new tactics.

I think we need something new. A manager that can drill an entire side tactically. Solksjaer gives his attackers a basic framework to work off but expects them to fill in the gaps. That's not good enough. Especially when it's pretty clear that midfield and defence are struggling.

Enigma_87

You know who
If Ole thinks he’s not up to it or has now lost the players then I would like to think he would walk. We’d still be left with a core of spineless players though.
They are spineless because they are managed in this way. These players are top 4 material easily, considering the level of PL right now.

Roboc7

Deep down everyone must surely no he isn’t good enough, it was a nice idea but no one would expect Lingard to compete with top players in the world so why aren’t we expecting Ole to compete with top managers.

No one likes to hear it but no other Premier League team would employ him, sacking him won’t solve all our issues but keeping him creates even more. He’s done his best but he’s done now, Fulham are only team that look as bad as us, can’t blame Woodward for that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The pen against Brighton was the only thing that stopped us from getting 1 point out of 9. It's a disastrous start. 6-1 is a scandal.
I'm almost in disbelief. We've been outplayed in every match so far this season. In all three games we were lucky not to get battered.

James Peril

Getting into the land of «I told you so» after being one of the first to offer the opinion and sticking by it even when we were supposedly great last season, but it’s not like I want this or take pleasure from it. It was the same with Lukaku. Over time, this is what happens when an amateur is in charge over so many good football players. A lot goes well over a short period of time based on a lot of factors, but in the end the disaster breaks loose. A bad relationship in real life can start off with a lot of fun over a long period of time, then comes the rainy days.

The team out on this pitch is even more broken than anything Moyes, LVG and Mourinho left behind - and this team has better players in it. They have absolutely no idea what to do when they aren’t filled with adrenaline or just play a team with lesser ability/tactics.

Shameful, absolutely atrocious. Sack him now, bring in Pochettino (only available class manager) - see how it goes. What he accomplished at Tottenham is far, far better than we give him credit for and says a lot more about him than his demise.

NJM78

He isn't good enough that much should be obvious. He is just one layer of the shit cake though.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I said this in January. I repeat. Ole should be moved upstairs.

As much as the governance at the club is inept, these set of players should be doing a lot better.

b82REZ

Has to go.

2 and half years and we look fecking clueless all over the park.

The manager that is currently spanking us 1-6 got better performances out of a lot of these players.

OneUnited24

As much as I like what he’s done to the culture of the club since he came... no one can survive after this. Ref got it wrong but this is something else

Delano

I'm sorry. But the response since 3-1 is on him. We can blame the board as much as well like, but the lack of leadership on display by the manager and players today is disgusting.

Deer in the headlights.

Skills

Snitch

As much as the governance at the club is inept, these set of players should be doing a lot better.
Move upstairs and sign more crap like Maguire for £80m?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have no issue with Ole going but Woodward has to go too. He employed him. He's the one who has made 1001 mistakes since 2013. Sack the manager by all means but nobody is doing well under that nob

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I've been saying for a while now, Ole has his favourites and will never drop them no matter how bad they play.

Players aren't motivated because there's just no real accountability at all in the squad.

He's shit and should never have been offered a full time role after the monumental collapse after the PSG game.

Raw

I have the horrible feeling that by tomorrow this results will be swept under the rug and literally nothing will change. Just going back to looking at transfer rumours. United twitter gassing up Cavani and Telles before promoting another MUTV discount.

Okey

I'm sorry. But the response since 3-1 is on him. We can blame the board as much as well like, but the lack of leadership on display by the manager and players today is disgusting.

Deer in the headlights.
That's the term I've been looking for! Deer in the headlights. I love Ole. Always will. But we need to move forward now. The rebuild is stalling. Our team is abysmally coached right now.

Idxomer

To do what?

As a DOF it would be a similar mistake as appointing him a manager. You need someone more suitable for such a huge position and he's not the man for that.

edgecutter

We are not a charity, he has shown that he should be nowhere near any role. His transfers have been shocking.

SAFMUTD

There's a teeny weeny difference between managing Molde and managing Manchester United.
Yes, and theres a reason why in all those years no important club was interested in him.

But that doesnt make him unexperienced, he may be naive, bad, poor, whatever we want to call him but all that is not because inexperience.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not a hope. He's in his dream job and would never get wages like this again if he left
To be honest, he's got less than a year left. If he walks now, he won't go hungry and retain a large amount of integrity with the fans.

I still think you're right but we're in a situation where it might be more likely than usual. Say 10%, as opposed to 1%.

As much as I like what he’s done to the culture of the club since he came... no one can survive after this. Ref got it wrong but this is something else
What has he done for the culture? Maguire was literally star of Banged Up Abroad for brawling with police, Greenwood was thrown out of the England squad for breaching lockdown regulations...among plenty of other off-field incidents under his management.

Changing the culture is a bigger meme than the 'great' Summer 2019 transfer window.

Last edited:

ghagua

I stand by my words that given enough time, he will make us relegation candidates.

We should've been zero points from those first three games with worse GD than Fulham if it wasn't for the woodwork.
I'm glad someone is watching the games and not just the names. You're right, we should have lost to Brighton as well.

MrSingh2002

Is there a chance he's lost the dressing room? I wouldn't have thought it but today's performance was spineless.

We've seen this before. If only Woodward had signed these players 8 weeks ago plus Sancho and a centre back. Could've been so different.

Status
Not open for further replies.