Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
But him loving the club, is a big reason why he's got the job? Surely, he's not one of them mercenaries hanging around for the money?
He has a contract, absolutely zero chance he gives away millions of pounds out of some love for the club.

dev1l

We all love the club, mate. None of us are enjoying this right now like you think we are. We all want what's best for the club, and, for a lot of us, that doesn't include Ole as manager. Nothing personal against Ole.
There are more important stuff to fix before axing the manager. We have been axing managers for 7 years and things still got worse.
The problem lies elsewhere, upper in the hierarchy

PoTMS

Just remember. We have

Rashford
Martial
Fernandes
Pogba
Greenwood
De Gea
Maguire

Yes, they might not all be world beaters but these are not exactly bad players. They would start for most football teams.

You can't tell me these players are being coached properly.

Guapa

Times up I'm afraid.Treat him with respect and bring him back in some capacity but i just don't see any plan/progress with him in charge and there's no room for sentiment at the top of any industry.

IWat

He’s had 2 years ffs. How long do you want to show a basic system of playing?
I am not defending him, I also can't see what he is trying to do. My point is if he was a manager with a good track record, a 3 game rough patch could be overlooked.

IAmAWinner

It's still beyond me how 70% think he is the right man. He has shown absolutely nothing to be a manager of this club. No qualifications, no credentials, no tactics. no system. A fraud.

Superunknown

I have been Pro-Ole but I've gradually eased over to the "not sure" camp. Ultimately, I don't think that he has it in him to take it to the next level, nor do I think that he has the skills and qualities to improve what we have in our squad. If we're not getting players in, we need to be improving what we have. Tactically and positionally, we look an absolute state. There doesn't seem to be a plan.

I'm not sure that Ole can do better than he already has. I can't see us competing for the league under him. The higher-ups aren't helping him, so that's another barrier.

MoskvaRed

Three league games in a row where we have been played off the park. Are we still tired? After this latest debacle, can we expect the standard set of patronising responses from the self-appointed football expert and “only adults in the room” posters on here? Or perhaps is the penny beginning to drop that a Norwegian league level coach is perhaps not the best man available for United (and, yes, we can all see the dysfunctional nature of the Glazer/Woodward regime)?

always_hoping

I hope you're watching the game against the Spurs. I really hope you're watching the game and not just concentrating on the names. That is our fecking problem with our fans, just watching names. We don't have room for Smalling, yet we have enough room for ball playing pussies who don't have a clue on how to defend. Look at our midfield, nowhere near enough running to close down an opponent, attack, or defend. Names don't mean shite if they are not delivering on the pitch. Neither does a manger who is fecking clueless with tactics. Jut talking about the Fergie era is not suddenly going to turn you into a good manager.
I watched it all my friend just glad i wasn't in attendance. I watch team performances more than names which has been a mile off in each of the 3 PL games this season. An average team in Brighton could have scored 4 or 5 goals last week against United likewise Palace in week 1. Spurs are decent and scored 6, I gave a warning about Spurs fitness and sharpness in a number of posts before the game and sadly so it proved this evening helped along with many errors from United.

IWat

I think all the negative energy about the club the past few weeks has effected the players. A whole clusterfeck all round.
Then we need a manager and characters in the dressing room that are stronger. They've played some shocking stuff, ofcourse there will be negativity. A decent team with good leaders would use that as motivation, come out and almost want to shut the fans up.

Denis79

Just remember. We have

Rashford
Martial
Fernandes
Pogba
Greenwood
De Gea
Maguire

Yes, they might not all be world beaters but these are not exactly bad players. They would start for most football teams.

It's lack of match fitness

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Let's lighten the mood.

Telles and Cavani's flight takes a U-turn after this performance.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Then we need a manager and characters in the dressing room that are stronger. They've played some shocking stuff, ofcourse there will be negativity. A decent team with good leaders would use that as motivation, come out and almost want to shut the fans up.
I mean the negativity with all the off-field stuff has directly led to the shitness on it. Not saying it is the sole reason, but it hasn't helped.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
It's still beyond me how 70% think he is the right man. He has shown absolutely nothing to be a manager of this club. No qualifications, no credentials, no tactics. no system. A fraud.
Mostly oppo fans taking the piss. All my friends who are oppo fans want OGS to manage us forever. I mean which Pool or City supporter wouldn't want that?

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
Should never ever appoint legends unless it’s guaranteed to work.. it makes the inevitable hard.

crazy if Utd don’t go get someone like Poch now whilst the season is alive.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
70% of the fans are gullible?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The guy is fecking clueless.

He should never have been appointed in the first place. I loved him as a player, but as a coach/manager he is terrible.

MDFC Manager

Let's be honest, Brighton could and should have smashed us last week by a similar scoreline.

TsuWave

In Spain there would be a “comunicado oficial” relieving him of his duties the very same evening

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I love the guy and admired few good things he has done like giving chance to youth, trying to change the structure etc but have always believed that he doesn't have the coaching aptitude of a top coach. We need a better coach ASAP before we start losing the good players due to poor finish in league.

Superunknown

Its a rebuild, lets have patience.
Building what, exactly? What is the plan?

This transfer window and last Summer's transfer window indicates that there isn't a clear, definitive plan. We don't know what we're doing or we don't know how to do what we think we're trying to do.

Robbie Boy

Just remember. We have

Rashford
Martial
Fernandes
Pogba
Greenwood
De Gea
Maguire

Problem is, the Ole-in brigade will play mental gymnastics and have you believe Ole is a miracle worker who had an amazing season last time out with a bunch of pub players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
There are more important stuff to fix before axing the manager. We have been axing managers for 7 years and things still got worse.
The problem lies elsewhere, upper in the hierarchy
We definitely need to sort out the hierarchy, too, but there's no point continuing with Ole when it's clear he's not good enough. We might as well hire a better coach now because we could be stuck with those above for a very long time.

Fooza

It’s not because of Ole
In all honesty I won't laugh at you like others have but I'll give you one example: Arsenal

They were a shambles with deadwood defenders. Arteta has come in solidified them and made them look more resilient. And he's done it with the same defenders that used to be shocking.

Ole, how much as he spent? Yet we look like the worse defense in the league

Just no excuses when you know a manager can't coach.

King Eric 7

The poll is outdated you have to remember. If a new poll was done now, it wouldn't be 68% in favour of him staying.

Idxomer

Real Madrid has changed more managers in the last 7 years than United.

Managers do matter, the board could be the worst ever but having an unsuitable manager will always have a worse effect on the team.

Chairman Steve

I think he’s done. We can not rely on individual brilliance, purple patches and penalties to get us through to a successful season.

If any team was going to struggle today, it was going to be Jose’s Spurs team with this being their 4th game in a week, not the team that rotated heavily in midweek.

OGS has a fluky league win against Brighton, a win against their second string and a win against a promoted League 1 team’s second string.

He has been backed in the transfer market (not currently being backed so he can have that one) but he has been given funds to acquire the players he wanted. I refuse to believe that XI that was on the pitch were as bad as that score line suggests. We still look like a team that’s just been thrown together for the first time or as if a new manager has come in and trying to see what works. OGS has had almost two years at this point and almost a 100 games which isn’t too far away from how many LVG had here. Hes got rid of the players he wanted rid of and the ones who the club can’t get rid of, don’t even feature so it’s as if they’ve been gotten rid of anyway.

And yes, of course Woodward / Glazers are fecking us up too, but theyre fecking us up off the field by not landing transfer targets early or not implementing the right staff. They’re not responsible for setting up an XI with a bench and how we’re going to play the game. OGS does that. Regardless of transfers this summer, we should have had enough quality to give Spurs a much better game than we did. I refuse to accept the excuse of the red card as an excuse to defend him, like Gary Neville said on commentary... We looked really bad before the red card.

So yeah I’m sadly changing to ‘sack’... I love it to be a romantic fairytale that hes a new SAF but sadly it isn’t working. That 3rd place is his managerial peak and that was somewhat assisted by Bruno having an extraordinary purple patch and COVID-19 breaking up the season.

Some of my mates who follow/support other teams like Everton, Spurs and Wolves, have all said they wouldn’t swap their managers for OGS. My Everton mate who frequents Goodison about a dozen times a season says he’s one of the luckiest managers he’s seen since Di Matteo at Chelsea.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
God lads we have a terrible run of fixtures coming up. PSG, Chelsea, RB, Arsenal, Everton.

We are fecked.

b82REZ

I know this fecking hurts, but sacking him right now would be the very definition of knee jerk.

I would wait until November-December and see where we are then. If this horror show continues, then get a new manager before the January window.

I dont know what the feck happened today, but it was a disgrace from everyone involved. Just pathetic
How does that help? Let the rot set in and hope Poch or someone else can come in and go and a bit of a run?

Ole has been here for 1 and a half years and we still look useless all over the pitch. For all the praise his signings get, they've all regressed under his stewardship. DvB can't even get in over Pogba ffs.

Giving him a player or two tomorrow might boost morale for a few weeks, but once that wears off we'll be right back here.

Lockdown saved him last season, he won't have a mid season break to regroup this year.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I love Ole. Wouldn't want to see him sacked. But I'm not averse to him resigning :( I don't know if the players just don't listen, or if Ole doesn't hammer it into them - but even the basics seem to have been forgotten, like not playing the ball across your own goal, not covering the posts on corners - and I'm sick of bloody back-passing. Constant schoolboy errors. And team choices and substitutions that often make no sense.

bonothom

Shambles. Ole is far too pally with the players. Then they go out and play like this.

Nomadic

He's just a lower league manager, his offensive plan is just recover ball, kick long, hope for either individual brilliance or a mistake from the opposition. On defence he clearly only knows how to set a low block but the pressure of being Man Utd forces him to play more open against any opposition that isn't Pool or City.

Every time he's tried to implement elements you expect from a good modern team he has shown himself to be clueless in how to do it.
Pressing? Players just end up running like headless chickens after the ball, and get easily bypassed by any competent passer or dribbler.
Playing out from the back? Maguire just walks forward with the ball until the opposition either forces him to pump the ball forward or pass the ball back.

Status
Not open for further replies.