Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
So have City, Liverpool and Wolves. Should they sack their managers?
I can see the resemblance between Pep, Klopp and.... Ole. Winning the Norwegian league is quite more difficult feat than CL for example. The former two so far hasn't even placed in the top three in that league.

Will Singh

All the talk has been about Sancho in the transfer window and we’ve bought an attacking midfielder. Our defence is a shambles and the only position that we’ve been heavily been linked with there is LB and rightly so after today. But I’m sorry what about CB’s and a DM? Our defence is completely FU€K£D and looks clueless and that’s down to Ole. He’s got a decent squad and shouldn’t be getting bent over like that. OLE OUT!

crossy1686

career ending
I can see the resemblance between Pep, Klopp and.... Ole. Winning the Norwegian league is quite more difficult feat than CL for example. The former two so far hasn't even placed in the top three in that league.
A huge majority of the responses in here today are off the back of one game so let's keep it consistent, please. None of this previous achievement stuff thanks

Eddy_JukeZ

I feel sorry for you because this whole post is quite pathetic. So is viewing everything United under a microscope.
What are you on about?

Get off this fecking high ground.

You can continue supporting a manager who will take us nowhere. I won't.

Ole isn't the only problem at the club, but he's a big one(like the Glazers and Woodward).

Eddy_JukeZ

A huge majority of the responses in here today are off the back of one game so let's keep it consistent, please. None of this previous achievement stuff thanks
No it isn't.

We've been terrible in all 3 games so far and have been getting worse and worse in performances.

You can cite Klopp and Pep all you want. They have more leeway courtesy of winning the Premier League title at their respective clubs.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yes, because when we lost to City 1-6 at home, the responses were the same?

The majority of the responses in here today are because what Ole is as a manager, not one off game.

Foxbatt

The post clearly stated “a manager” not a CL/PL winning manager or a manager with or without pedigree. The post clearly states “a manager”.

Liverpool are currently 4-1 at HT, like we were today. By thier own statement, the manager should offer their resignation. Don’t go moving the goal posts.
Why should he? He is the current PL winner and has won the CL for them. He still has the pedigree to turn it around.
While ours has not won anything of any consequence.

crossy1686

career ending
What are you on about?

Get off this fecking high ground.

You can continue supporting a manager who will take us nowhere. I won't.

Ole isn't the only problem at the club, but he's a big one(like the Glazers and Woodward).
If you bothered to stop looking at things under a United microscope you would see that the whole fecking league is shipping goals at the moment. So what is it? A United specific problem? Is it only our manager that's causing this? Some sort of COVID for defending that we're passing on to other teams?

The reality is the short break and no preseason is causing havoc and we're one of the teams that are suffering.

Don't get me wrong, Ole is at fault for today's result and so are the players but get your head from up your arse with comments like "I won't support the manager". It's pathetic. Chelsea and City are probably looking for some new fans, however.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes, because when we lost to City 1-6 at home, the responses were the same?

The majority of the responses in here today are because what Ole is as a manager, not one off game.
Under Fergie? I think you know the circumstance was very different. If Solskajer had been manager for 20 years today's threads would look very different also.

saivet

It's been clear for some time that he's not a good enough manager. A nice guy with the right intentions but he's completely out of his depth. I can't even be bothered complaining more than that as the incompetent board above him are very unlikely to be able to make things right.

Hoboman

He has not implemented any definitive style of play, apart from sporadic counter-attacks. Apart from two purple patches, we consistently struggled to create goalscoring chanses and haven't shown ability to keep solid defensive shape. We can't press and have no idea how to beat opposition's organized press.

He doesn't utilize players properly. He insists on double pivot, while shoehorning Pogba and McTominay to DM roles. He supposedly wants his team to play from the back and tries high defensive line, but bought AWB and Maguire.

He has no ingame management or plan B, his formation changes from back 4 to back 3 usually leads to goals conceded, not scored.

He kept picking out of form De Gea, benched Romero in EL semi-final, kept playing Williams, who was constantly targeted and destroyed by oppositions wingers and fullbecks. Didn't give Gomes meaningfull chanses, while Lingard, Pereira and James have played around 20-30 games each.

He is very likeable, club legend and has right view on club's future development. He is just not very good manager and we should not use Board's incompetence to hide that fact and give him one excuse after another.

Reactions: Sultan

Enigma_87

You know who
Under Fergie? I think you know the circumstance was very different. If Solskajer had been manager for 20 years today's threads would look very different also.
And exactly this is the reason why the threads look like this. One is a quality manager the other isn't. One has managerial pedigree - the other doesn't.

Ole isn't exactly an up and coming manager. You know what you have and what you will get.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Anyone can fluke a thrashing but they can't fluke winning the league
It was in tongue in cheek after a post a few above mine. The league is crazy at the moment, it’s fecked and never has anything like these league circumstances happened before, results are all in the air and lots of teams are shipping goals

Eddy_JukeZ

If you bothered to stop looking at things under a United microscope you would see that the whole fecking league is shipping goals at the moment. So what is it? A United specific problem? Is it only our manager that's causing this? Some sort of COVID for defending that we're passing on to other teams?

The reality is the short break and no preseason is causing havoc and we're one of the teams that are suffering.

Don't get me wrong, Ole is at fault for today's result and so are the players but get your head from up your arse with comments like "I won't support the manager". It's pathetic. Chelsea and City are probably looking for some new fans, however.
Part in bold is pathetic.

Your entire reasoning is so off base. So because a few other teams are also shipping goals left and right, it doesn't matter if we are too. You are the perfect fan for the Glazers.

Get your own head up from your ***. I won't stop supporting the club. And I hope Ole does well for us, but I've lost hope in him managing anything with us going forward.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He has been backed but he's wasted too much money on players like Maguire and Wan Bissaka who don't fit into his style. Then he bought Bruno when we really needed a midfielder who could play in the double pivot, preferably one that had strong defensive attributes. Now we have a problem that Pogba and Bruno are both not compatible playing in the same 11.

He's failed to even come close to implementing his high pressure play style and will need to adopt a reactive approach via a deep defensive line if he's to turn things around because there's too many players in the team that are unsuited to playing a expansive game. (Maguire, Lindelof, Matic, AWB)

I can't understand what the plan is ..

Foxbatt

He should have sold Pogba and got Grealish who puts a shift in always.

crossy1686

career ending

Your entire reasoning is so off base. So because a few other teams are also shipping goals left and right, it doesn't matter if we are too. You are the perfect fan for the Glazers.

Get your own head up from your ***. I won't stop supporting the club. And I hope Ole does well for us, but I've lost hope in him managing anything with us going forward.
:lol: :lol: I didn't say that, I said that obviously, something is wrong across the board at the moment as we're not the only ones that look disorganised. Let's see how things pan out in a few more games shall we?

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol: :lol: I didn't say that, I said that obviously, something is wrong across the board at the moment as we're not the only ones that look disorganised. Let's see how things pan out in a few more games shall we?
You didn't say it, but it was implied.

I don't imagine our games in the immediate future will look too dissimilar to what's transpired so far.

crossy1686

career ending
You didn't say it, but it was implied.

I don't imagine our games in the immediate future will look too dissimilar to what's transpired so far.
It's happening across Europe mate, that's why I said looking at things under a microscope doesn't tell the whole story. If this happens 10 games into the league then it's a very different story and serious questions need to be asked.

NJM78

Just put him/her on ignore, it’s easier.

Greck

What if Woodward came out and said that to justify keeping things as they are? You know it can work both ways

Womp

idiot
I was Ole out last season, I'm still not 100% convinced he's the one to lead us forward. That being said, momentum and fitness are everything in this sport. City are coming off the result against Leicester, Liverpool just got spanked by a team that will most likely be in and around the relegation zone.

We were coming off a summer where the whole mood around the club was extremely negative, coming off a season where the players were ran into the ground with very little time to recover. There has been little transfers to lift the mood, to look forward to. In fact, there's been little of anything to look forward to. We've currently got no momentum, but it's still too early in the season for me to make a judgement.

That being said, even if he fails, I feel as if he would not have had a proper crack. He has been severely let down by this board. The guy has expected Sancho for like two years to finish his attacking front three. They spent the whole summer pursuing him, which left no time to look at other positions, potentially bringing in a CB or a proper DM.

As a result, regardless of how much he is at fault, he will inevitably get sacked because the board always find it so easy to lay the blame at the manager's feet. I just hope when he does, we make a smart decision with management for once, I'm not holding my breath though.

OrcaFat

Good post. I changed my vote to Sack after the game as I was so disappointed and fed up. But when the dust settles I might decide I was hasty.

I will support Ole regardless, it’s just that my confidence in him is really being tested now.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Haha...the cultists are running on fumes now
  • Klopp lost today's game 7-2
  • SAF lost some games conceding 5 or 6 goals in his legendary career
  • No manager could do anything better with the squad
  • It's Woodward and Glazers doing the tactics and coaching
  • It's fecking Mourinho's fault
  • No preseason
  • Players are brain-dead
  • Let's stick with this because next manager will not be backed.
  • We need Sancho Koulibaly etc to be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.