Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmTucker

Season being stopped and then restarted did him a big big service. We were in a bad form with many injuries, whilst our competitors were in a good form without that many players missing. Leicester imploded after the break they won 2 games out of 9.
One way to look at it, but I'd say we were unlucky before the break with Pogba being out up until that point and our two best players in Rashford & Martial both being out for extended periods. Having our full squad shouldn't count as good luck really.

Also, we were on an 11 game unbeaten run before the restart beating Chelsea and City twice so think you're misremembering somewhat.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I always feel that after that kind of performance/defeat, a manager should offer their resignation.
I don't expect Ole will nor that Woodward would accept it.
If that’s the case, Liverpool are currently getting dicked 4-1 to Villa.

Klopp Out!!

Give your head a wobble

dogwithabone

He might just get away with today because at this rate what’s happening at Villa Park could eclipse our meltdow.

dev1l

The 6-3 vs Soton, 6-1 against City and 5-0 against Newcastle were one off games in a 25 years of managerial career.

We're talking about 3 straight games that we should/could've conceded easily 5-6 goals in each.
No there were other games but I cannot remember them now. Go and do some research instead of making sweeping statements over here

el3mel

Klopp Out!!

Give your head a wobble
League and CL champions losing a match 4 after 3 wins in a row vs a team who has been crap and trophyless for a long time and started the season in a crap way losing 6.

Enigma_87

You know who
Wrong. When season was stopped we were starting to get better.
Momentum was halted by the break.
After the break even.if we got the results, our football was not as good as before.
What momentum?
Same momentum we had in December when we beat City and Spurs 2-1?

Rashford was injured at the time and most likely wouldn't have been available till the rest of the season.

dev1l

Because different circumstance and different context. We have replied on this several times.

A league champion who challenges for the league regularly and loses 6 or 5 is a easily one off. A team who has been crap and loses 6 is just a continuation of what has been happening, it's not a one off. You have to differentiate between a game that's one off or not.
"We" as if you represent some association? :)
You re building you re own narrative mate. Stay there and enjoy the trip :)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sack him. He’s clearly not good enough. His post match interview was embarrassing. He didn’t know what to say to the media, do we trust he knows what to say to the players?

If he was sacked.. where would his next job be? It wouldn’t be in the premier league, that’s for sure.

We’re one of the biggest clubs in the world and our manager isn’t in the top 50

MattofManchester

Huh ? No one said this. All I said was Moyes, LVG and Mourinho never lost anything more than 4-1 and 3-0 even in their worst days. No one talked about Fergie. The 6-1 against City is completely out of context. City had a much better squad than us this season, and they went on to win the league. We were league champions previous season and won the league the next one. Completely different situation.

For the post Ferige era, today is definitely a new low.
With this point made, if any of those managers were in charge, every fan would have called for their head after this.
Yet there's still a divide after Ole.

Given the nature off this thread it seems apt to put that here.

el3mel

I went on and checked. The season we lost 3-6 and 5-0 we won the league, and we were also league champions the previous season.

Completely different from our current situation.

Gazza

It s bad...extremely bad.
Why it s completely different this time?

I mean losing 6-1 was bad 50 years ago and it s still bad today
We went on a winning run after that and almost won the league. It was rightly seen as an unfathomable collapse in the last five minutes of the match, and indicative of nothing else beyond being a bad day at the office.

This is clearly different and if I need to explain how I can but it’s written in the body language of everyone associated with the club.

MattofManchester

Whether you want him out or not, does anyone debate that he's been completely let down in this window? Same thing happened to Mourinho, not backed when it matters the most.
That team out there cost 450m and one of the defenders signed under him was responsible for an excessive calamity of errors today.

Not being backed does not equate to 6-1. The board are indeed a massive problem but Ole has also become a problem

Idxomer

I went on and checked. The season we lost 3-6 and 5-0 we won the league, and we were also league champions the previous season.

No, it's the same. United will win the league this season and there's barely any difference between Ole and Ferguson or Klopp for that matter.

Enigma_87

You know who
One way to look at it, but I'd say we were unlucky before the break with Pogba being out up until that point and our two best players in Rashford & Martial both being out for extended periods. Having our full squad shouldn't count as good luck really.

Also, we were on an 11 game unbeaten run before the restart beating Chelsea and City twice so think you're misremembering somewhat.
We had similar up and downs during the season before that. We had a similar unbeaten run in November and didn't turn well after that.

We were very much on the ropes in terms of available players and physical condition was going to catch up with us like it has during the season before.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We have had couple of purple patches and have been shite for 80% of the time he has been appointed as manager. It's not like this is something new. He capitalized twice on the rest of the league being equally shite. He's a crap manager and will continue to get found out with time and that's not something new either.
So 20 odd games is a "purple patch" now? Get real

Luckily its an international break coming up now, which gives us time to regroup and figure out what the hell we have been doing the last month. If we keep this up he should obviously be removed

Nicolarra90

Sorry but only someone with the importance of SAF could stay at the job after a 1-6 at home. Not good enough.

NK86

Klopp Out!!

Give your head a wobble
That scoreline cheered me up a bit.

However, once Ole wins us a CL and a PL, we can come back to the discussion on his comparison with Klopp, as that's what you basically did with that post.

Blood Mage

I honestly believe we are one of the most tactically clueless, poorly organised teams in the league. If we didn't have top players like Fernandes, Martial and Greenwood to dig us out of holes every now and then I dread to think where we'd finish. I don't want to be too harsh with my words, as everyone knows what a legend he was as a player, but Solskjaer absolutely must be sacked along with Phelan, Carrick and McKenna.

dev1l

Not really.....some dimwits still wanted Fergie out. The knee jerkers were saying he lost the plot.

Unfortunately the toxic fanbase was already there...nowadays things are seen bigger due to social media.

el3mel

Not really.....some dimwits still wanted Fergie out. The knee jerkers were saying he lost the plot.

Unfortunately the toxic fanbase was already there...nowadays things are seen bigger due to social media.
Still different situations, and completely different context, and the current fanbase aren't toxic per slightest to ask for a change in our current situation.

leontas

Had my vote as 'sack' a while ago. Don't think Ole has the mentality or attitude to turn us into a title-winning team. We lack the mettle but also the tactical nous to challenge at the top. And I don't see any new player we bring in changing that.

rooney2009

He should just resign
He is clearly not good enough
He is just a fan managing the club and He is just Technically naive
I loved him as a player but as a united Manager(No)
I can’t see him standing up to the Glazers or that useless Ed Woodward

MoskvaRed

There is only one guarantee, the 11 players who started the game today, and those on the bench, are so much better than they have been showing since the season began.

The problems extend far beyond the playing staff, a fact that was made wholly evident during Jose and LVG's tenures.

Woody has to go if/when Ole does.
No argument about Woodward needing to go and I am not trying to claim that upgrading our manager is a panacea that will have us competing at the very top again.But, as it is probably more realistic to envisage a replacement of an out of his depth manager than an out of his depth (but Glazer man) CEO, we should at least aim to make the best of a very far from ideal situation.

Shark

@NotShark
With this point made, if any of those managers were in charge, every fan would have called for their head after this.
Yet there's still a divide after Ole.

Given the nature off this thread it seems apt to put that here.
This place is full of holier than thou posters who think they're sensible rather than simply being delusional in a lot of cases. It's obviously great to be positive but being positive for the sake of coming across as one of the "sensible" posters and not offering any constructive criticism is pretty worthless too.

Blood Mage

Klopp Out!!

Give your head a wobble
The difference being that you'd expect that they can turn things around even from a position like that, whereas in our case you knew that Spurs were only going to add to their scoreline in the second half with no reply from us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I always feel that after that kind of performance/defeat, a manager should offer their resignation.
I don't expect Ole will nor that Woodward would accept it.

That scoreline cheered me up a bit.

However, once Ole wins us a CL and a PL, we can come back to the discussion on his comparison with Klopp, as that's what you basically did with that post.
The post clearly stated “a manager” not a CL/PL winning manager or a manager with or without pedigree. The post clearly states “a manager”.

Liverpool are currently 4-1 at HT, like we were today. By thier own statement, the manager should offer their resignation. Don’t go moving the goal posts.

Baneofthegame

The post clearly stated “a manager” not a CL/PL winning manager or a manager with or without pedigree. The post clearly states “a manager”.

Liverpool are currently 4-1 at HT, like we were today. By thier own statement, the manager should offer their resignation. Don’t go moving the goal posts.
I would argue Liverpool’s is an anomaly, rather than the norm, we have been awful since the Brighton game last season.

Not completely saying Ole should go, but our form has been poor now for a while.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think the commentators were being rather generous when they said he's done a good job. He's done an ok job at best.

I think he's on borrowed time now. Sure the board are rotten to the core but they don't instruct the players on the pitch, he uses the fitness as an excuse, everyone has pretty much had the same pre season.

I'm being overly optimistic but say if he got all his targets in and we were still playing crap then what. No more excuses.

Enigma_87

You know who
No there were other games but I cannot remember them now. Go and do some research instead of making sweeping statements over here
Go on, do your own research. In his managerial career Fergie lost only one game at home with 4 or more goals - that was the game against City.

Off the top of my head Fergie had 3 losses with 4 or more goals in the Premier league - 5-0 losses to Chelsea and Newcastle - both away and the game against City. So that's three games in more than 2 decades.

And how is exactly 6-3 worse than 4-1?

Conor

I think it's clear that if the board aren't willing to 100% back Ole with what he needs, then we need a different manager. He may be able to do a good enough job for the next few years with the right players at his disposal(not convinced he's the one to bring us back to winning titles), but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. We need a manager that can really coach a team to be more than the sum of its parts, with the current board we have.

el3mel

Some here really need to understand a difference between having a one off game and being just crap in general.

This game is nothing different than the previous 2 games. Brighton put 5 shots in the bar against us. With more luck they would have defeated us 6-2 too as well.

We had this coming long time ago.

NK86

You being pedantic and comparing a stand alone poor performance by Liverpool as some sort of justification of why Ole should not walk is amusing. "He said a manager" - are you having a laugh with using that as a way to compare Klopp to fecking Ole!

MoskvaRed

So all the managers are at fault and the players just aren't coached properly?
Let’s put today’s debacle aside (even though it was inflicted by someone many Ole supporters on here take great pleasure in mocking), are you implying our players are not good enough to play better football than Palace and Brighton or that they just aren’t motivated? If it’s the former, then I am speechless; if it’s the latter, you don’t replace 14 players, you fire the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.