Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiver

The post clearly stated “a manager” not a CL/PL winning manager or a manager with or without pedigree. The post clearly states “a manager”.

Liverpool are currently 4-1 at HT, like we were today. By thier own statement, the manager should offer their resignation. Don’t go moving the goal posts.
I did say "a manager" and I stuck by it. If Klopp were to offer his resignation after a similar performance/result, I'm sure it would quickly be laughed off.
I'm not saying I think Ole should be sacked btw. Its more a gesture of acknowledgement that this was unacceptable.

hobbers

This place is full of holier than thou posters who think they're sensible rather than simply being delusional in a lot of cases. It's obviously great to be positive but being positive for the sake of coming across as one of the "sensible" posters and not offering any constructive criticism is pretty worthless too.
We definitely have a higher percentage of delusional "top reds" than just about any other big club. The football supporter equivalent of virtue signallers.

The sort of guys who were still devout on Moyes even after the 3-0 defeats against City and Liverpool "because Fergie said stand by your new manager" and all that sentimental nonsense.

Presumably the same ones who have spent most of the last 6 months banging on about how Ole is "bringing our culture back", "weeding out all the bad eggs" and "revolutionising our approach in the transfer market with all these masterful signings". Which is obviously all delusional rubbish because none of those aspects of the club have actually improved at all. Right now we're devoid of confidence, belief, togetherness, optimism, have a load of players out there who don't seem to care all that much for the shirt, and aside from Bruno our signings under Ole all look like total duds.

Having said that I think Real have a pretty vile fanbase full of spiteful cynics, and are obviously too far in the opposite direction.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
You being pedantic and comparing a stand alone poor performance by Liverpool as some sort of justification of why Ole should not walk is amusing. "He said a manager" - are you having a laugh with using that as a way to compare Klopp to fecking Ole!
I’m not comparing Klopp to Ole at all!

I’m comparing the results and the post, which states if a manager loses by such a margin they should walk

Nothing to do with Ole/Klopp at all

DevilRed

Quite astonished people want to give up on ole already. Especially so soon after the brilliant run we had last season post lockdown.

Yes we haven’t started well at all for a variety of reasons. But with the incoming additions and more time to regain form and fitness, I think we will see much better performances like we saw post lockdown.

redmanc

Ole is only a fraction of the problem, the club needs a reset from players, scouting, coaching right through to the board, the whole club is broken top to bottom.

Ed9

I'm warming up to the Poch idea. He might get us his usual top 4 which is the best we can hope for under the Corporation Unifying Nochin Toadlike Scrotums in the lead.

NK86

I’m not comparing Klopp to Ole at all!

I’m comparing the results and the post, which states if a manager loses by such a margin they should walk

Nothing to do with Ole/Klopp at all
I mean, unless the poster says otherwise, I am sure he didn't mean that SAF should have resigned as well when we got tonked by City. A one-off game is obviously understandable and Liverpool are currently having that.
Ole, on the other hand, has actually had one of our worst starts to a season and we have conceded 9 goals in 2 home games already.

That is a sackable offense. Any other top club and the manager would have been out of the door by now. Someone like Madrid wouldn't be waiting for the shite show to continue till it is unredeemable.

Foxbatt

Owen and Sherwood were honest. Yes there were individual mistakes but once Ole say how it was going he should have been off his seat and stop them fannying around inside the box.
He has got to go.
It's delusional to think by buying Sancho we would have won. There is no plan in the way we play. Never had.
I wonder where are all the Poch fans today.

NJM78

Absolute joke of a pair of posts.

Because the way he looks is a way to criticise him?

I would assume that he rips them all a new as*hole in private.

Ole isn’t exactly happy that we lost FFS.

oH hE’s SmIliNg tHaT mUsT mEaN hE dOeSn’T gIvE a ShItE!! OlE oUt!

Yeah....the man who lives and breathes man utd, more than any of us will, the man who fought to the bitter end to win us the treble, the man who famously took out a player with a professional foul to not lose a league game, clearly doesn’t give a feck because be smiled for a bit. Woop de doo.

Give me a fecking break, bunch of armchair managers.
I actually find your reply more of a joke. Thanks for cheering me up.

Foxbatt

I'm warming up to the Poch idea. He might get us his usual top 4 which is the best we can hope for under the Corporation Unifying Nochin Toadlike Scrotums in the lead.
I am not a big fan of Poch but the least he would do is to have a plan. It's a shambles now.

OrcaFat

When the individual errors are coming from basically every area on the pitch, it points to either management or coaching not doing their job.

How many times are we going to blame results and the performances on the players not having a good day?
I don’t know who is saying that. Thought we all agreed the whole performance was a total shambles. Difficult to argue otherwise.

RedB4ndiT

I would KEEP OGS and then sack him after this season. It's very difficult to get a new manager up and running with all this Covid-related stuff going on. Just talk to Poch, tell him he's going to be manager next year, and hope OGS doesn't get us relegated this season.

OrcaFat

Yeah....the man who lives and breathes man utd, more than any of us will, the man who fought to the bitter end to win us the treble, the man who famously took out a player with a professional foul to not lose a league game, clearly doesn’t give a feck because be smiled for a bit. Woop de doo.

Spot on.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is there any redeeming value of not sacking him now, as opposed to in a few weeks ? Poch is available and may be able to reboot things before we fall too far behind on points.

MattofManchester

Owen and Sherwood were honest. Yes there were individual mistakes but once Ole say how it was going he should have been off his seat and stop them fannying around inside the box.
He has got to go.
It's delusional to think by buying Sancho we would have won. There is no plan in the way we play. Never had.
I wonder where are all the Poch fans today.
Agreed. There's a strange belief that throwing money at the matter will solve the problem that the manager isn't good enough. Nevermind that two of our most expensive signings in AWB and Maguire were part of the problem today.

He was outed a lot last season, coupled with tremendous runs of form, and then back to mediocrity again, and this season, we look worse than mediocre.

If it goes on till December, performances like this could see us sitting lower than 10th.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

I agree that him smiling doesn’t he mean that he doesn’t care or wants better, I’d be lying if I said it didn’t grip my shit watching him walk around smiling shaking hands after the game though

K Stand Knut

As much as I do not agree with it, I think Olé will be gone by the end of November.

Probably in similar circumstances to Jose before we play city

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I can't believe people are talking about sacking Ole after he sacrificed his career at Molde to manage us.

yamo123x

As a utd man, we all love OGS, but i kind of feel sorry for him now.

Changes are needed at the club... a new approach and playing style is needed.

soapythecat

Ole has to go. As much as we want changes at board level, that ain’t happening anytime soon (if at all) but the potential quick fix is the manager.
Individually, we know the majority of that starting 11 are very good players - we’ve seen that over the last season or so. But for them all to turn up and get out played, out thought and out battled for the last 3 games is on the manager. They could have shipped 6 goals for each of these games.
We’ve been dog shit since the re-start.
We have to hope that one of these managerial appointments will be a success for the long term. We need a direction that is modern - forget this ‘United way’ bollocks because that was the result of a manager that was a one off and we need to move away from this model IMO.

zenith

I still think we should keep him. We finished third last season and he deserves a run of games with our new signings.

This season is going to be a roller coaster for one and all and I'm still hoping that the international break will give us a chance to get our house in order

Dr. StrangeHate

Is there any redeeming value of not sacking him now, as opposed to in a few weeks ? Poch is available and may be able to reboot things before we fall too far behind on points.
As always we will only let him go when we can't make top 4. It will again show we haven't learnt anything. Managers should be let go when progress has stalled and better managers are out there.

Skills

Snitch
Is every manager who doesn't get to spunk £200m every summer massively let down by their club?

Skills

Snitch
As always we will only let him go when we can't make top 4. It will again show we haven't learnt anything. Managers should be let go when progress has stalled and better managers are out there.
This basically. Mourinho was begging to be sacked from summer 2018 and almost had to set the entire club on fire to get his wish.

el3mel

Ok, the Liverpool result has cheered me up so much I'm no longer that angry about Ole or our players. :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
Let’s put today’s debacle aside (even though it was inflicted by someone many Ole supporters on here take great pleasure in mocking), are you implying our players are not good enough to play better football than Palace and Brighton or that they just aren’t motivated? If it’s the former, then I am speechless; if it’s the latter, you don’t replace 14 players, you fire the manager.
No, none of those things. I said before it's a combination of both. We've got some players that have been at the club for too long and we've got good players that are sick of playing with shit players. Ole needs to have a word with himself also because we all know how this ends.

Untd55

If there was even the smallest chance of Solskjaer getting sacked, I think Liverpool may have just saved his job inadvertently.

It will be sort of like 'see Liverpool lose heavily too.'

Eddy_JukeZ

So have City, Liverpool and Wolves. Should they sack their managers?
I don't care about other clubs. I care about us.

We're not progressing. We're getting worse.

If you wish to continue supporting Ole, go ahead. I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.