Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Sorry mate, at some point excuses have to stop. Yea, he came off a long injury and was not performing. He has just come back from Covid-19 and is still not sharp. But at some point the buck has to stop somewhere. Ever since he joined, he has turned it on some occasions, while drifting most of the time. Very uncanny similarity to Martial actually.
It was three dreadful PL performances in a row even for Pogba that's rare. Martial had agurably his best and most consistent form in a United shirt last season.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The players are also to be blamed of course. Yesterday we looked totally not like a team in defending. It was just too easy for Spurs.
Not having Lindelöf in the side was a problem. Should have been Lindelöf with Bailly I think since they looked good in the cup with Henderson behind.
Maguire should not be always in the team when he perform like shit. Same with Pogba.

It is a funny season. West Ham with average defenders look like the most solid side next to Aston Villa. Both fighting for relegation last season.
It is all down to coaching and tactics and not that these teams got amazing defenders.
:lol: So Moyes and Dean Smith are suddenly amazing coaches now? We are in the third round, dont you think thats a bit premature

And as i said, our form from February and onward was the best in the league, and that very much included the defense which did fairly well in that period. Where we well coached then? And by that logic did the very same coaches turn clueless over the summer? No, that makes no sense

Also, unless you suffer some major brain trauma you dont just forget those lessons. Of course pro athletes have to train regularly to stay sharp, but when ts braining so much that they do much of that becomes automated at some point. To be fair, the "mistakes" Lindelof made vs Palace was not down to blunders, hes just not talented. Yesterday though it was different. It was obvious blunder after blunder

Maguire, Shaw and AWB know better than to make feck ups like that. Not sure about Baily since he plays like a weasel on amphetamine.

Stretender

An average manager who got lucky last season. He won't finish in top 4 this season.

He is only here because of the incompetence of Woodward and his lack of vision.

We need to move on from this fan boy, who can't substitute Pogba regardless of his disgraceful performances.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Has this been proven or just a rumour?
It's a rumour which seems to be spreading and given he was far from our worst player in that half and didn't appear to be injured suggests it's true.

Has he withdrawn from Portugal squad do we know?

I don't want to believe it but I sadly do.

Halftrack

He won the league twice out of like, 7 seasons managing Molde? and that was in his first two seasons I believe, after he messed up with Cardiff they took him back and he didn't do anything for years, infact Molde improved and won the league after he left. I'd hardly call this setting the amazing Norwegian league on fire.
The Molde side he left had lost key players and were tumbling down the table, and he set about a rebuild. They improved steadily under him, until his assistant took over as head coach and reaped the fruits of three years of labour. Both Skullerud and Moe benefited greatly from the work Ole did while at the club, and I think any Molde supporter will tell you that both owe their league titles to him and the foundations he laid while there. Skullerud famously got the sack the season after winning the league because the team had turned to shit, and currently Moe's Molde have lost 7 of the last 11 games.

If you literally know nothing about the Norwegian league or Ole's time at Molde, maybe don't comment on it?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It depends, it's been almost two years and we've regressed the whole time, how much time do you think we need to give him?
If there is no improvement in our fortunes with the new signings, then maybe it will be time to pull the trigger.

Let's be honest, the squad we have available as of this moment is more than good enough to finish in the top four.

bondsname

Everyone is talking about Nagelsmann, Marco Rose, Allegri and Pochettino... now hear this: What if we appointed Arsene Wenger?

Flytan

If there is no improvement in our fortunes with the new signings, then maybe it will be time to pull the trigger.

Let's be honest, the squad we have available as of this moment is more than good enough to finish in the top four.
Yup. We spend more/have a better squad than everyone but Liverpool/Chelsea/City. Tottenham/Arsenal are about level but I think we have more talent. If our manager can't finish above them, he's bad at his job. A manager needs to get at least the sum of the teams parts and he isn't.

passing-wind

The worrying sign for me with Ole is he doesn't have that bounce back about him. Liverpool lost to Villa but you can always be reassured that they will galvanise themselves for example. When we end up on a downward spiral, it inevitably ends up with the manager being sacked.

Solskjaer is a prime suspect because he's done everything to address the so called culture in his first few months. We now have a new squad supposedly filled with the individuals that meet the criteria but now the managerial aspects are what's actually called into question. We have signed Maguire, Bruno, AWB, DVBD, James and the newer editions of Telles / Cavani. Alongside some of our other first team members we have one of the strongest teams in the league and the best squad since SAF retired.

There's no excuses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hes losing control of the players it seems. Captain arrested and comes back playing like a donkey. Wan Bissaka like all the other players told to not go to Dubai and went anyway against club orders.

Now it seems like Bruno has called out our captain to the rest of the team and then been substituted for the outburst.

I'm not Ole out but he's going to have to perform miracles to get this back in order. Needs a strong person by his side.

The club is broken from top to bottom.
What?! Now you mentioned it, did Ole said something about that sub?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's up against it for this season now. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have strengthened significantly while we still have an unbalanced squad with glaring weaknesses. Big disappointment from where we were at the end of the PL season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's up against it for this season now. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have strengthened significantly while we still have an unbalanced squad with glaring weaknesses. Big disappointment from where we were at the end of the PL season.
We needed a reliable CB with pace to account for Maguire's shortcomings.

Thanks Ed.

caid

Can we not fire Ed Woodward and his college mates first? However bad Solskjaer is they're worse.

Renegade

After today we need to stop the talk about transfers and demand to see some coaching.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well we may as well just sack him now. We’ve got about 6-7 teams who are better than us and we’ve not fixed the glaring issues in our squad. What are we expecting here, some sort of a miracle?

Fooza

Well that was briefed earlier than expected.

They don't back Ole on signings and then this on the last day of the window. I'm not an Ole fan but that's ridiculous. Let's face it, he hasn't got a chance here.

Foxbatt

I don't know. I do not think Poch is the answer to our on field problems.

Canagel

Dead man walking.
No way of finishing top 4 and Pogba aint signing a new contract. The season is done

El Zoido

Pretty sickening how desperate our fans are to get rid of him. Hopefully we get a top class manager in, it’s more fun when they fail than when it’s a club legend.

Roboc7

The way season has started it’d be negligent not to be looking at alternatives.

OrcaFat

The present run of form and results is no doubt worrying.

But I think we shouldn’t get bogged down in micro criticism.

The bottom line is results and standings over the long term (that is over a season and then from one season to the next).

Should Ole have finished higher than 3rd with our squad last season? No.

This season (which has barely started) most of us looked at how our rivals strengthened and said 4th (or even lower) would be par. So unless we are well off the pace for 4th, Ole will not be underperforming.

I can’t explain the crap we’re turning out just now but a couple of better results will see us back in the mix.

I think we should see how these new signings pan out.

Foxbatt

If he gets us going as when he took over then he will stay. If we start sliding down the table( yes I know that at this moment in time we do not have much space to slide into) then he will be gone.

Rolaholic

I rate Poch but disgusting and small time if true having this coming out on deadline day after the window we had

el3mel

Honestly best piece of news I have heard last few days even though the source seems shite. Time to prepare of Ole's replacement from now on, and we'll need to seal out Poch before he goes to another club.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If Ole gets top 4 this season it will be an epic achievement.

None of what is happening now is to do with Ole or the players.

Morale is at an all time low because of the board's failure to deliver on their promises. They made out all along that getting top 4 = Sancho.

No depth in a gruelling schedule. Players are going to have to run themselves into the ground to do it. And for what payoff? Get shafted again like this summer?

I expect he will be the fall guy for the board and get the sack by Christmas after a meltdown season ala Mourinho 15/16 at Chelsea. There's already news today of Poch being sounded out & pressure being put on Ole to perform. I can see it a mile off.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People believing the Daily Star :lol:. It's like we haven't just had whole Summer of nonsense transfer rumours from these places.

Foxbatt

If he loses the next 5 games then he is gone. I would say if he loses the next 4 he is gone.

Roboc7

If Ole gets top 4 this season it will be an epic achievement.

None of what is happening now is to do with Ole or the players.

Morale is at an all time low because of the board's failure to deliver on their promises. They made out all along that getting top 4 = Sancho.

No depth in a gruelling schedule. Players are going to have to run themselves into the ground to do it. And for what payoff? Get shafted again like this summer?

I expect he will be the fall guy for the board and get the sack by Christmas after a meltdown season ala Mourinho 15/16 at Chelsea. There's already news today of Poch being sounded out & pressure being put on Ole to perform. I can see it a mile off.
Need some perspective here, there hasn’t been enough done to push on and compete for title but there’s enough here to finish in the top four. Ole isn’t going to be given 200m every season to improve the team, no manager here will so he has to make most of what he has.

Ole is one of highest paid managers in the world, he should be able to motivate, organise and implement coaching and tactics to compete for 4th. If not he shouldn’t be in the job.

We’ve been a total shambles first three games, any football club should start making contingency plans if that doesn’t improve.Fingers crossed it does and Poch won’t be mentioned again.

SER19

Sanchez
Pereira
Dalot
Smalling
Lukaku
Darmian
Young
Valencia
Herrera
Fellaini

Doing a good job getting rid of players that had no business here

Rolaholic

If he loses the next 5 games then he is gone. I would say if he loses the next 4 he is gone.
That Poch story claims they're ready to do it in November if results don't improve by then

All feels so slimy regardless of how one feels about Ole.

I guess we should be used to doing business in a classless manner under current management after the way we handled LVG's exit

Greck

That Poch story claims they're ready to do it in November if results don't improve by then

All feels so slimy regardless of how one feels about Ole.

I guess we should be used to doing business in a classless manner under current management after the way we handled LVG's exit
Much as I'd like for it to be true you only have to look at who's reporting it to know that's probably not the case. They're all just copying it like a chain mail

Canadianred17

Sanchez
Pereira
Dalot
Smalling
Lukaku
Darmian
Young
Valencia
Herrera
Fellaini

Doing a good job getting rid of players that had no business here
It's funny. Smalling, Lukaku, Herrerra, and even Ashley Young are looking good at their respective clubs. How're Ole's signings AWB, Maguire, and Dan James doing?

Crashoutcassius

Well that was briefed earlier than expected.

They don't back Ole on signings and then this on the last day of the window. I'm not an Ole fan but that's ridiculous. Let's face it, he hasn't got a chance here.
Do you really think they briefed this exclusively to the daily Star haha

Status
Not open for further replies.