Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Fans haven’t been happy with Woodward for years when we aren’t doing well, few wins and it gets forgotten same as Green and Gold until club is sold. Fans might be unhappy but they’ll turn up and buy their season tickets that’s what Woodward and Glazers really care about.

If things keep going badly and Ole gets sacked, he won’t be a martyr, everyone will just move on especially if results get better. No one in media would bat an eyelid if we sack Ole and bring in Poch, on paper it’s an upgrade might not work out that way or be fair but it’d be understandable.

The owners have had ample opportunity since SAF to change how club has run and still it’s same old cycle, not going to hold breath for that to change.
Just because the board have kept banging on the same drum for 7 years does not mean it cant be different this time. I agree that the Glazers are hard, maybe even impossible to get rid of unless some savior shows up with a huge pile om money, but i just cant see how Ed is untouchable unless he somehow has some air tight contract

Also, if Ed's prime purpose is making them money then he has not done a stellar job as this thread shows. He might be good at fixing sponsorship deals, but is fecking useless at transfers and has wasted a tonne of money there already

Roboc7

Just because the board have kept banging on the same drum for 7 years does not mean it cant be different this time. I agree that the Glazers are hard, maybe even impossible to get rid of unless some savior shows up with a huge pile om money, but i just cant see how Ed is untouchable unless he somehow has some air tight contract

Also, if Ed's prime purpose is making them money then he has not done a stellar job as this thread shows. He might be good at fixing sponsorship deals, but is fecking useless at transfers and has wasted a tonne of money there already
It’s very unlikely to be any different, Ole gets the boot and everyone moves on. Same thing about Woodward being under pressure was said when Jose was sacked, then we thrashed Cardiff and no one cared. More managers will come and go before Woodward and the Glazers go anywhere.

Roboc7

That’s true. But I feel abit different. The majority of the fans don’t actually hate how the board is run. They just hate we don’t get our favourite transfers.

I mean what do you honestly hate about the board?
That’s my point fans don’t like losing and missing out on transfers, start winning and no one really cares about Woodward. I don’t like the owners as they are parasites and are also incompetent. But they keep lining their pockets despite making a mess of running a football club.

yan man utd

Fans from other clubs even say we have the players. Even though we have made the mistake of selling Smalling and not investing in an expert DM or buying a proper centre back but instead buying yet another fullback

in game management.. choices of first eleven
The obvious absence of a system and the poor form of previously outstanding players, as well as a lack of synergy between the players all point to a managerial/coaching team that could be vastly improved upon

Manchester United is not a nursery school for managers who have no record of real success

we should never ever be losing 6-1 to spurs

the total De capitulation said everything

team spirit at least ? Where is it?

Mercurial

It has probably been pasted here but it's a great viewing for anyone that has an interest in United and worth a re-paste. It's super in depth and thorough on how he thinks, and a must view on people that are polarized on Ole. He talks about Bruno and Pogba, the media biopic and his own leadership philosophy.

High Performance PODCAST - Ole Solskjær

It picks up around 17 minute mark and loses steam and repeats itself around 44 minute mark and again picks up at 50 min. He touches on his experiences as a coach, Cardiff, social media, media, critique Pogba, Bruno, SAF and much more. Gen Z player management are detailed around 40 min mark.

Mainoldo

It has probably been pasted here but it's a great viewing for anyone that has an interest in United and worth a re-paste. It's super in depth and thorough on how he thinks, and a must view on people that are polarized on Ole. He talks about Bruno and Pogba, the media biopic and his own leadership philosophy.

High Performance PODCAST - Ole Solskjær

It picks up around 17 minute mark and loses steam and repeats itself around 44 minute mark and again picks up at 50 min. He touches on his experiences as a coach, Cardiff, social media, media, critique Pogba, Bruno, SAF and much more. Gen Z player management are detailed around 40 min mark.
Phil Neville got a very good one too if anyone is interested. Good piece on the player mentality from United to Everton.

el3mel

Why is it a must view ? We have seen nothing from United bar talking in the media the last 8 years. I'm definitely not interested any more in listening to a manager or player at United talking. I'm interested in seeing actual work and results on the pitch, then we can listen. Enough talking, please.

Mainoldo

Why is it a must view ? We have seen nothing from United bar talking in the media the last 8 years. I'm definitely not interested any more in listening to a manager or player at United talking. I'm interested in seeing actual work and results on the pitch, then we can listen. Enough talking, please.
Na it’s a good view for insight. If Your looking for clarity to judge him as a manager don’t bother. A lot of managers, players talk a good talk. I mean Alan Pardew probably talks better than Fergie but we know who’s the better manager. Just supporters punching for anything they can find. But like I said watch Phil Nev’s one it was very good and doesn’t require you to subconsciously listen to every word to see if he’s a good enough candidate to manage United.

Foxbatt

No not this again. All this United culture etc and being at United before etc is the reason why we are in this deep shit.
Phil Neville should not be managing Manchester United.

Mercurial

I agree with you on your assessment fully! The end result on the field is what counts when the parts are summed, period! There is nothing that shut your critics up more so than winning on routine. A lack of system to his approach frustrate a great many and opens him up to opinions and debate as evident by these soon 700 pages.

Why also it's Interesting to hear the mans own view on his coaching philosophy. He doesn't have that much of a track record and has a bad relegation in his baggage to haunt him. Yet he has had stretches of great results for us only to again fall off a cliff like a rollercoaster. Like him or not, it provides some amount of insights into his way of thinking around his huge task at hand.

Robbie Boy

There's no doubt he done a good job at Molde. However, there's just no comparison with the level of talent required to produce that work at United.

Ronny Delia done a phenomenal job at Strømsgodset, winning them their first Danish title in 40 odd years. He then moved to Celtic and won the league twice, along with a cup but was still sacked. There's comparisons with Ole in that he had spent all his managerial career in Denmark (Ole obv Norway) prior to joining Celtic. Like Ole, he done an ok job but his style of play was disjointed and his football generally uninspiring. Again, like Ole, his signings were for the most part, questionable. After Celtic sacked him, he went back to Denmark and is now in America. When we sack Ole, I see him having a similar career path. Both ok managers that done great work in far weaker leagues but never top management material.

rotherham_red

8 more games and he'll have managed more games for us than LvG. He's also here two full years in December. LvG had less than 2 years and Jose had two and a half. Both were more successful and both ultimately weren't good enough, just as it's fairly obvious Ole isn't.
Yes, and all that doesn't disprove that he's had one full season here. Him having more comparative success in the cups than LvG is more a compliment to Ole than anything else.

Those first 6 months with Jose's squad mean the square root of feck all in the grand scheme of things, other than to say that he deservedly got the job on the basis of those performances.

rotherham_red

There's no doubt he done a good job at Molde. However, there's just no comparison with the level of talent required to produce that work at United.

Ronny Delia done a phenomenal job at Strømsgodset, winning them their first Danish title in 40 odd years. He then moved to Celtic and won the league twice, along with a cup but was still sacked. There's comparisons with Ole in that he had spent all his managerial career in Denmark (Ole obv Norway) prior to joining Celtic. Like Ole, he done an ok job but his style of play was disjointed and his football generally uninspiring. Again, like Ole, his signings were for the most part, questionable. After Celtic sacked him, he went back to Denmark and is now in America. When we sack Ole, I see him having a similar career path. Both ok managers that done great work in far weaker leagues but never top management material.
But we're not uninspiring though, are we? I mean it's not the tedious shit that LvG served up or the blatantly negligent crap that Jose served up towards the end. Yes it might not always work but the general idea to play enterprising and expansive football has always been there with Ole.

Robbie Boy

But we're not uninspiring though, are we? I mean it's not the tedious shit that LvG served up or the blatantly negligent crap that Jose served up towards the end. Yes it might not always work but the general idea to play enterprising and expansive football has always been there with Ole.
Depends what you see. It's evidently not as bad as LvG but Jose had good runs just like Ole. By and large, our football under Ole has been totally uninspiring barring two separate spells.

Foxbatt

Depends what you see. It's evidently not as bad as LvG but Jose had good runs just like Ole. By and large, our football under Ole has been totally uninspiring barring two separate spells.
LVG in his second season was boring as hell but he won the FA Cup. Also he got us into the CL in his first season and if Ole did not win us a Cup this season and did not get us into the CL this season then he would have been worse off than LVG. He was extremely unlucky not to get into the CL his second season too.

Robbie Boy

LVG in his second season was boring as hell but he won the FA Cup. Also he got us into the CL in his first season and if Ole did not win us a Cup this season and did not get us into the CL this season then he would have been worse off than LVG. He was extremely unlucky not to get into the CL his second season too.
I was merely talking purely about the quality of football. There's no question that LvG was far more successful here than anything Ole has done.

Foxbatt

Hell anyone with half a brain should know that clubs need to buy players to replace the players they need to sell so Dortmund is not going to sell Sancho at the last minute because they cannot buy a replacement. So I really do not know what Woodward was thinking.
In my opinion the players we have is not half as bad as some people make it out to be. If Maguire is a slow coach and we have no replacements, then do not play a high line. Honestly I do not see any reason to play a high line because for sure we are not a pressing team. Pressing means not allowing the player in possession to pick his pass and give him time to dwell on the ball.
I get frustrated to see that either the players who are showing that they are pressing either have no brains or the once they did on match day, the coaching staff has no ideas what to do the next time the do that. It is pointless to do any pressing the way a rooster goes after a hen with that sideways movement.
Does anyone know if there are top quality analysists at United?
Ole needs to go because it is his responsibility for the shambles we are in now. Yes these players are capable of winning a couple of matches but at the end of the day there is no structure in our team and it is made of 11 individual players whose is brilliant enough to win matches on their own.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Woody out here briefing like Calvin Klein.

Ole needs to go back to 5 at the back and counter attack if he wants to survive this.
There has only been one credible tweet in fairness - I don't think that's a brief.

Foxbatt

Woody out here briefing like Calvin Klein.

Ole needs to go back to 5 at the back and counter attack if he wants to survive this.
Yes but what happens if the other team refuse to attack us? We can only counter attack if they attack us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I was merely talking purely about the quality of football. There's no question that LvG was far more successful here than anything Ole has done.
:confused::houllier: According to whom? You?
That makes it your opinion and not a fact as you imply.

Foxbatt

:confused::houllier: According to whom? You?
That makes it your opinion and not a fact as you imply.
It is a fact as he said so far. LVG won us the FA Cup in his second season and got us in the CL spot in his first season. Ole has got us in the CL spot in his first and half season so he has to win the FA Cup or at least a Cup to be as successful as LVG.

Mainoldo

There has only been one credible tweet in fairness - I don't think that's a brief.
Well there’s a lot of Ole stuff recently even with international break and Liverpool’s larger defeat which could have swept our debacle under the table. Come to think of it our transfer deadline day too. I think these stories are conveniently out there.

Mainoldo

Yes but what happens if the other team refuse to attack us? We can only counter attack if they attack us.
Except for Newcastle I think most of the teams we have in this running would fancy there chances.

Either way he’s defo playing 5 against Frank.

Skåre Willoch

... you know Strømsgodset is Norwegian as well, right? And that Delia is Norwegian, and came back to Norway after his time in Celtic? It’s impressive that you know so much about Delia and his career, but still don’t even know the difference between Denmark and Norway. Strømsgodset is Norwegian. Vålerenga is Norwegian. Deila is Norwegian. It’s something like 206 years since Norway were ruled by Denmark. Surely you’re not that old? :lol:

Robbie Boy

... you know Strømsgodset is Norwegian as well, right? And that Delia is Norwegian, and came back to Norway after his time in Celtic? It’s impressive that you know so much about Delia and his career, but still don’t even know the difference between Denmark and Norway. Strømsgodset is Norwegian. Vålerenga is Norwegian. Deila is Norwegian. It’s something like 206 years since Norway were ruled by Denmark. Surely you’re not that old? :lol:
Blonde moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.