Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Can we just sack him? Make de Gea or Maguire a temporary player-manager if no one is available now - it won’t be any worse anyway.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Never will destroy his playing legacy. He’s increasingly looking like a lame duck manager but never destroys his legacy.
Not many will be able to detach his playing legacy from his management legacy. It's probably the reason why he's been given so much leniency in the first place.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ole as a player and as human being will always have my love and respect but my word he’s absolutely out of his depth at this level. It’s actually painful watching him. It’s like watching your favourite pet getting put down during every press conference.

Alemar

Form will get better when the likes of Martial, Pogba and Shaw return.
Maybe they just don’t want to play for Ole? It’s too strange, especially with Martial (who just “had a knock”).

The Hacker

Today’s result has actually turned my stomach. We cannot score a fecking goal! Useless tactics. Useless planning the goal scorers. Pissed off and sad at the same time.

He’s gotta go, but there’s is no one else!

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
You can't keep blindly following something hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel. We faced a relegation club that are probably run worse than us and we couldn't muster up anything bar a Maguire header. We are heading towards one of our worst finishes in years and playing some horrendous football. Was there anything positive to take from today's match?
Er... okay... Tuanzebe and Maguire are forming a promising partnership.

Defensively we look decent (despite today not having 3 of the first choice back four that we started the season with) and we have CONCEDED FEWER GOALS in the league this season than CITY, ARSENAL, CHELSEA and SPURS.

Ofcourse we all know our single biggest problem is in the final third - the lack of creativity. But we've had this problem under every manager since Fergie.

Before the injuries to Pogba and Martial we were doing okay in that department. But now we're forced to make Rashford lead the line and he's not only not great in that position, but he's low on confidence and probably not fit.

That's Judge and Woodward's fault for not bringing in another attacking option in the summer. Ole can only work with what he's got and what the scouts and recruitment people can deliver.

I know everything is shit at the moment but it can only get better when Pogba and Martial get back from injury.

What are you guys gonna do if we win 5 games in a row?

Change your vote to keep Ole??

Get a grip.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He most certainly is.

His reputation was Jesus-like, whilst his achievements as a player wont be forgotten his complicity in the continued demise will also be written into club folklore.
Give me a feckin break. :lol:

The man got a dream job, tries the best he can. If he isn't suited for it, who is to blame?

Sentient Meat

We did the equivalent of watch a woman lift an automobile off the legs of her child, then sign her up for a three year contract for the World's Strongest Man competition.
Are we still paying Jose?
Let's get him back here and have him at least try to save the season. His enormous ego might relish the challenge to get this club a Champions League spot.
And if he did, it truly would be a Leicester level miracle.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Managers need time, especially at a very broken club like us. Need to weed out to shit players and freshen up the squad with the right players. It’s a huge task, one that takes extra long with our board and woodie just so distant in terms of the footballing aspect - it’s all business.

BUT - our form at the tail end of last season and start of this is horrid and only getting worse. Ole’s lack of experience at the top level is now a huge worry - with these dull performances and general lack on plan B or even plan A.

We are at best of a top 6 team, but 9 points from 8 is diabolical - Oles words don’t really ease us either. He’s failing miserably, sadly.

AFC NimbleThumb

The man got a dream job, tries the best he can. If he isn't suited for it, who is to blame?
Quit being so damn precious. We’re going through a period in our history that’ll be a chapter in many a book.

Club legend returns as manager to fail miserably, no ones forcing him to stay in the job [dream or not] you don’t continue getting passes at work for a job well done in another role 20 years ago.

/break.

Kag

He most certainly is.

His reputation was Jesus-like, whilst his achievements as a player wont be forgotten his complicity in the continued demise will also be written into club folklore.
And the people who attend matches will still have lots of affection for him. As will many of the sensible folk who don’t attend matches.

What he did in ‘99 overshadows any poor run of form as a manager. I shouldn’t need to make this obvious point, frankly.

Foxbatt

Why is Ole excused for not getting better players? He has already said that he only wants certain players so he didn't strengthen the squad. Certainly he should have strengthened the squad by getting better players than he has now.

Jim Beam

Quit being so damn precious. We’re going through a period in our history that’ll be a chapter in many a book.

Club legend returns as manager to fail miserably, no ones forcing him to stay in the job [dream or not] you don’t continue getting passes at work for a job well done in another role 20 years ago.

/break.
Am not precious. You can't blame the man for not being good enough if he tries his best.

You fire him.

Jim Beam

And the people who attend matches will still have lots of affection for him. As will many of the sensible folk who don’t attend matches.

What he did in ‘99 overshadows any poor run of form as a manager. I shouldn’t need to make this obvious point, frankly.
You quite annoyingly and sadly have to.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m in a rather fortunate position. I get free tickets with my job [executive seats] & I also have a mate who shares season tickets with his brother who’s recently had a baby so I see games from 2 perspectives.

If you think 76000 people to a man agree with everything in unison you obviously attend matches with a headset on.

The guy is out of his depth & actually doing detrimental damage to the club he claims to love. You don’t get to perform badly in a role as manager & hark back to the all nighter you pulled to help stack shelves 20 years ago when you worked on the shop floor.

CR1

I voted to keep him and this result hasn't changed my mind. Before and during the last transfer window I was consistently saying we needed a bare minimum of six new signings. We got three who've all done well, but its just not enough. Most of this mess is not on Ole. We've been through this three times already and it changes nothing because who is the manager is less important than the overall structure and philosophy, which is set upstairs these days.

I back Ole and I don't see how sacking him would accomplish anything other than another go on this manager-go-around while the real problem remains. Yes we might get a new manager bounce but we should be thinking much larger than that. So my stance is still give Ole more time and more money, then judge the situation further on.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

That’s what I feel like but he should still be sacked. Though, I’m not expecting him to resign or anything as daft as some people are suggesting. He’s a yes man, in his dream job, at his dream club and on top of that he’d be giving up a hefty wedge. He’d be a fool quite frankly. He shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place. I’m not going to put the blame on someone who is so out of their depth that it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say that he’s the worst manager in the first two tears of English football. That’s how out of his depth he is in my opinion. I don’t think anyone would hire him in the first two divisions of English football. Let’s not forget he went down to the championship with Cardiff and was absolutely shocking there too. Just call a spade a spade — Ole is a shite manager and coach.

AFC NimbleThumb

Am not precious. You can't blame the man for not being good enough if he tries his best.

You fire him.
Fair point, though not the one you quoted me for.

99 will live on in every fans mind but to act like his performance as manager won’t caveat discussions going forward is quite frankly ignorant.

See Grame Souness, won it all as a player for pool but his horrible managerial period is always mentioned.

I don’t get why Solskjaer is such a soft point for people, it’s common bloody sense. Bad managerial spell will impact his narrative.

Mainoldo

Lads. Let’s stop playing about now. He’s out his depth. Stop backing him. It’s beyond a joke.

Jim Beam

Fair point, though not the one you quoted me for.

99 will live on in every fans mind but to act like his performance as manager won’t caveat discussions going forward is quite frankly ignorant.

See Grame Souness, won it all as a player for pool but his horrible managerial period is always mentioned.

I don’t get why Solskjaer is such a soft point for people, it’s common bloody sense. Bad managerial spell will impact his narrative.
Mate, I know what you mean, but being sentimental about Ole is part of being United fan.

Those who make decisions, if that affects them in any way, are not suited to make any big decisions regarding this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.