Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

Still maintaining hes the guy who potentially lays the foundation for a better guy to come in and potentially take the team to the next level. Not a bad thing at all but I get the feeling we’re witnessing the peak of his powers, with that 3rd place finish.

If it was Jose or LVG who were 1 draw and 3 defeats at home in the league, this forum would be voting 90% out.
A lot of the poll above is oppo fans who want Ole to stay. They can see the wood from the trees that Ole isn't a good manager.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't think anyone really believes he will win us a title, just lay the foundations for that. He's laid his foundations, now let's get the man who will take us to the top of the pile. I would really like to see Hasenhuttl. However unlikely it is we'll win the league I would want to see us play good football consistently.
There have been plenty of posters using the ''how do we know anyone can win us the league'' argument though. It's so tiresome.

Eddy_JukeZ

We can't press and we do a stupid half press nowadays.

We can't bypass the press consistently well enough.

We move the ball too slow vs low blocks.

He's had enough time to rectify all 3 things and he's incapable of doing so.

The entire coaching staff with Ole should be sacked.

hobbers

I don't know how anyone can watch us this season under Ole and not just see Mourinho's third season.

Not being backed in the summer. Negative approach in games. Awful football and awful results. Only thing we won't see is the toxicity Mourinho levied at the board.

Godfather

Here we go :lol: .

Midweek hes fantastic, now hes the worst manager alive again. Maybe we should switch the name of the site to kneejerk cafe?
Or maybe beeing good in every second or third game simply isn't good enough?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The problem with Ole's reign is that he goes on a 10 game run where he can't win a game, then he goes on a 10 game run where he wins every game.

He needs to sort that out.
A lot like all our previous managers and SAF in his early days.

jamesjimmybyrondean

His tenure is unique. We go from being average where people want him gone and then he does something extraordinary. He first came in and did the extraordinary with that unbeaten streak and night in Paris and then we went to shit. The next season he we played shit for a while and was expecting the sack only for us to do the extraordinary and beat Tottenham and City back to back. Then went back to shit with that Burnley result. Came back from the restart and did the extraordinary with that unbeaten run then went back to shit once again towards the end of last season till the beginning of this season. Did the extraordinary beating last year's champions league finalist and semifinalist and now here we are again. Sadly I don't think it can get better than this. I think this is how his tenure will be

PoTMS

No. Season is 38 games long.
Laughable. Out of interest, when does it become a concern? When we're out of the title race after 7 games or when we've been dumped out of all the cups and struggling to chase top 4?

laughtersassassin

Feel depressed about this season already. Title will go to Liverpool or City even if they have played like crap so far, but they win anyway somehow.
We will fight for top 4 if we are lucky. Midtable though might be our home this season with OGS.
Liverpool are easily winning it again. Already show the habit of playing useless and winning. City are just walking through games not getting up to much at all. They have no fight in them for whatever reason.

Another nail in the club's cofin that they didn't react to them winning it last year

Nori-

I've come to the conclusion Ole is just to nice and wants to be everyones friend, to do well at United. He doesn't have that mean ruthless streak. That burning desire to win more than anything else. Klopp has it, Pep has it, Jose has it.

Every post match interview, no matter how bad the result, its always put on a smile and be the nice guy. He just won't go any further than he is at the moment.

Some might say its too soon, but before we fall too far behind the top, get rid of him and bring in Poch. Lets not wait until Xmas.

UmbroDays

Unless we bang the UCL and Prem, he's got to go end of the year. No knee jerk reaction, but he seriously is not a good tactically aware manager.

Acole9

Outstanding
Another way of looking at it is how many clubs in the Premier League would give him a job. Probably not even West Brom or Fulham would give him a sniff.

AneRu

I don't think anyone really believes he will win us a title, just lay the foundations for that. He's laid his foundations, now let's get the man who will take us to the top of the pile. I would really like to see Hasenhuttl. However unlikely it is we'll win the league I would want to see us play good football consistently.
This is the thing ain't it? We spend a lot of money that a good tactical coach backed by a DOF can build something special here, right now we rely too much on individual performances and we seemingly don't know how to play against the press or breakdown a compact side.

Shark

@NotShark

Midweek hes fantastic, now hes the worst manager alive again. Maybe we should switch the name of the site to kneejerk cafe?
I for one never changed my vote after mid week or PSG. It's been the same old shite under OGS and we're going absolutely nowhere under him.

bonothom

Time for a change. This squad is good enough to challenge and yet are being led by an incompetent manager. How bad does the league form have to get before he's sacked. I honestly couldn't give a shite about the Champions league results when the league form is this bad. To leave Pogba on and take off Bruno is enough to get rid of this incompetent gurning idiot. The title has gone even though Liverpool and City have been way below what they were the previous 2 seasons. Please sack him now!

Traub

Very tight game decided by a penalty. Not great but hardly worthy of the hyperbole it will no doubt inspire.
That would be well and good vs city or liverpool, but this arsenal team is absolute rubbish.

Gawge

I don't think results should/will change opinions on Ole any more.

From my perspective, he's a poor and technically limited manager who (by virtue of having a collection of top talent) manages to pull a result out the bag whenever it starts to get too sticky for him. I genuinely can't believe anyone can put their hand on their heart and say the Ole is ever going to be a top class manager that can win genuinely competitive leagues.

Others see his wins and blame the losses on the team attitude, the lack of backing or whatever. But quite frankly, I think he's responsible for the team attitude now, he has an amazing collection of players.

Regardless, just can't see him ever winning a league or being a top class manager, and given that... what's the point?

Godfather

We can't press and we do a stupid half press nowadays.

We can't bypass the press consistently well enough.

We move the ball too slow vs low blocks.

He's had enough time to rectify all 3 things and he's incapable of doing so.

The entire coaching staff with Ole should be sacked.
Couldn't agree more. Especially the first point is absolutely shocking. The "press" we use is so ineffective and useless it's almost funny. Drains the energy out of our forwards for absolutely nothing. Our defense keeps sitting back and our midfield does nothing, it's a three man pressing system that probably has never worked for any team in the history of football.

passing-wind

- Worst home run since 1972

- Worst start in the Premier League ever (19/20)

- Followed by the worst start in the Premier League ever, again (20/21)

This is the problem that people do not seem to understand. People keep saying that you cannot judge the position now, but what are we hoping for exactly? That we sign another player in January with the same impact as Fernandes?

This is why I want Solskjaer replaced because he cannot sustain periods of good-form before turning to trash. Again, we cannot win unless we are given space. Leipzig gave us so much space in behind; once clubs in the CL wise up to this I think we will start seeing the same results we are seeing in the PL. Clubs have figured us out in the PL and we are paying the price now.

So far, every single one of my PL predictions has been correct for the past three games: Newcastle - W, Chelsea - D, Arsenal - L. We are just too easy to nullify.
Everything you've mentioned in those opening sentences points to one thing and is a big reason as to why Solskjaer won't succeed here and its that he lacks consistency. That's across our performances and the results. The context of last season points to lots of fortune aside our winning run. The competition capitulated towards the final months giving us a high of 3rd.

I said at the start of the season unless we hit the ground running (doesn't mean winning every game but being in decent form) that this will be Ole's last season. So far it's looking that way and it's a shame really you would think such a big career opportunity would bring out more in Ole as an individual and having ambition. I think being a manager is one of the hardest profession because not everyone can conceptualise leadership. When I see Ole I don't identify a leader I see someone who occupies a leaders position. Sooner or later he will be replaced I think all is but guaranteed.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Laughable. Out of interest, when does it become a concern? When we're out of the title race after 7 games or when we've been dumped out of all the cups and struggling to chase top 4?
We aren’t winning the league this year.

Robbie Boy

The last two league games have been so fecking frustrating. We have shown at times that we can play well and then we can turn to utter, utter shite. Arsenal were well deserved winners today. It could have been 2 or 3 nil. So pissed off right now.

Foxbatt

Pull yourself together you self entitled fan
I have been a fan since, 1967 and been a fan even when we were in the old second division. Did you start supporting when fergie started winning trophies?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Still maintaining hes the guy who potentially lays the foundation for a better guy to come in and potentially take the team to the next level. Not a bad thing at all but I get the feeling we’re witnessing the peak of his powers, with that 3rd place finish.

If it was Jose or LVG who were 1 draw and 3 defeats at home in the league (and only 2 goals scored), this forum would be voting 90% out.
He got rid of toxic atmosphere post-Mourinho and the squad is better than it has been for a while. He scraped a CL place with 66 points and I think the transition was done.

He is now running the risk of staying too long, moral tanking again and undoing all the good transitional work he has done.

He can’t get the team playing well consistently and this season, his squad has been as good as ever, and he has started terribly in the league. The performances have actually been worse than the results.

He should leave now and look back on a decent effort in the market and dealing with Mourinho aftermath.

The team has good players and needs a proper coach. I would love to see Hassenhuttl with this group of players when you see how he has Southampton playing.

PoTMS

To the (apparent) majority who want to keep him in:

What do you think we will win under Ole? What do you see as being our next trophy?

padzilla

Hipster
We are paying average players a kings’ ransom for being shite and wanking off when we win Champions League group games when those results used to be the minimum standard. The outlook is bleak.

Dobba

You really want to say that he is doing better job than LvG or Jose? Really?
He's absolutely doing a better job than Jose. If we sacked Ole tomorrow, we wouldn't need to immediately bin off 3-4 of the back 5, after sacrificing almost all attacking play for his entire reign, as well one of the 2 most expensive players in the club's history. Hell, the Cafe wants the other gone after today too.

Robbie Boy

You need to stop with this fake news. People that want him out have generally remained consistent. .

Just because you throw around cliched phrases, it doesn't make it true.

PoTMS

No they have not. When we win, it goes all quiet. When we lose, the knives come out, it’a knee jerk all the way.
It doesn't go all quiet. You say something after a win, you're promptly told to feck off and enjoy the win. It's clear to see we are going absolute nowhere with the manager. One step forward, two steps back.

Nar, it’ll be just like last year for them.

Shit till late November and almost out of sight behind the top four, but they’ll be a million excuses for that and a surge in the second half of the season to get into or close to top 4 will be enough. Trophies matter not.
Twas the same last year for these lot, why would it be any different now? They clearly hold OGS to a completely different set of targets than they did Moyes, LVG or Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.