Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Gary Neville doing all he can to protect him along with Keane. Can you imagine if Poch was in charge and this was the form we were in, there would be hell to pay. However, because its Ole he gets a pass and it's the players.
Poch is on MNF tomorrow, strange timing.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Early doors in the season it had all the hallmarks of Jose's last with us.

Now it feels like Moyes' season - great in Europe, abysmal in the league, especially at home.

Overall it's felt like LVG, there's some semblance of a plan and when it works, it's amazing but when it doesn't we're tumescent.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's frustrating as we've seen tantalising glimpses of what we could be like.
But you can't get 1 point from 4 consecutive home games at United. Let alone when they don't even consist of the two best teams in the league.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think finishing 3rd last season was a very good achievement with the squad that was available for most of the season. I also think we’re in a far better position now than when he took over squad wise. He’s been ruthless when you look back and the right players have gone. However, he’s seriously underperforming with the squad at the moment. Even the Leipzig game we struggled to string two passes together for large portions of the game prior to the second goal. There are too many long spells in games where we don’t seem to have a clue what we’re doing. If a team presses us well we can’t break the lines. If a team sits deep we can’t break them down. Why does every good team we play press better than we do? Since Southampton home last season we’ve played well for about 110 minutes in total. Even in the same game we’re so patchy veering from sublime to comical. I don’t want him gone mid-season because inevitably the board will go the cheap and easy route with Pochetino who I don’t think has the mentality required for us but I do think we’re approaching the stage where the squad will outgrow him and to progress to the next level we’ll need to change. He was always a manager for the rebuild and not the winning part. The issue is if we don’t get CL will we be able to get the 3 signings we need to complete the rebuild.

Greck

He'll be here for a while. Not because he's the right man or anything but because at United the manager is always a big victory away from regaining the benefit of the doubt. If you looked at the euphoric atmosphere after those 2 Cl games and the Newcastle victory one would never have imagined we were 15th in the league with only 7 points.

This is basically the Liverpool boom-bust cycle we were laughing at years back

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I need a concrete answer here, mods. How long does he keep this up before he gets the 'RedCafe's Ty' moniker?
He's got no argument.
He cannot defend todays result.
He cannot defend our league position.

Just says the season is 38 games.
Buying his own time without a constructive argument

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Im talking about the constant posting if he loses and not when he wins. The league form is terrible.
What about the lunatic chest thumping threads like " tactical Masterclass" or " we are gonna win the league"? When he flukes wins the praises run into thousands also my friend.

90 + 5min

Knee jerk reactions all over place. As expected after a draw or lost game.

Sure not a good result and Solskjaer needs to do more to get us out from this position but he is still the man to lead us. Players need to be blamed for this to and you don't see people talking about sacking them.

wolvored

And by your logic Mourinho’s 2nd season was better than Fergie’s treble winning team. It goes both ways.
No I never said that at all. I havent mentioned Mourinho or Fergie. A team who gains more points than the year before is improving for me, not one with the same points. If Usain Bolt runs 100m at 9.65 then runs the same time in the next race would anyone say he had improved?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It’s a horrendous start. He deserves flack as he is here long enough now to really know better with his squad.

He’s failing bit by bit.

Godfather

Sure not a good result and Solskjaer needs to do more to get us out from this position but he is still the man to lead us. Players need to be blamed for this to and you don't see people talking about sacking them.
:lol: Yeah he sure is.

Gazza

Where the hell did I say that? I’m taking about people with their knives out as soon as there is a draw or a win. Ready with their personal attacks.
I'd ask for examples of this but clearly asking you to put some support behind your ramblings is too much :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Early doors in the season it had all the hallmarks of Jose's last with us.

Now it feels like Moyes' season - great in Europe, abysmal in the league, especially at home.

Overall it's felt like LVG, there's some semblance of a plan and when it works, it's amazing but when it doesn't we're tumescent.
Van Gaal had an exceptionally well drilled plan. But he put too much faith in a near the end Rooney, and that alongside other reasons meant we were absolute tumescent to watch apart from a couple of very brief spells where it just worked magically.

Jose's first season we drew way too many home games, but got away with coming as low as 6th as we won the Europa.
The Moyes likeness is worrying. Lost about 6-7 home games that season. We're ahead of course for that.

I wonder what our lowest home points tally has been this last 40 years. We have to be right on for it.

Where the hell did I say that? I’m taking about people with their knives out as soon as there is a draw or a win. Ready with their personal attacks.

Why does anyone need an excuse to “why he won” @TheGame ffs? He wins because he’s got a fecking good squad, that’s the bloody point man. If his squad was shit, no-one would blame him.
2 PL seasons running that after 6 games we’ve been on 8 and 7 points. Damn right people are fed up, it wouldn’t be accepted at ANY other top club in the World, but at Manchester United you’re just one good result away from being a master tactician. Consistency, which when you have a top squad should be paramount, matters fecking nothing to some, it’s staggering.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

Knee Jerk? :lol:
And go in the performance threads. The players are also getting huge blame.
But you cannot blame Pogba for staying on the pitch. That was on Ole, and he was fecking awful.... Again

edgecutter

Blame the players for today and praise the manager for the mid week win? Sound logic.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What about the lunatic chest thumping threads like " tactical Masterclass" or " we are gonna win the league"? When he flukes wins the praises run into thousands also my friend.
Flukes wins? Like that 5-0 against Leipzig? Or the PSG away win?

You're an exceptionally irritating type of poster, as I'm stewing after that game, and you're making me defend him!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

There is nothing knee jerk about being outraged with 7 points from 6 games.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You need to stop with this fake news. People that want him out have generally remained consistent. .

Just because you throw around cliched phrases, it doesn't make it true.
When we win, they even create fecking threads about that single win. For years we were laughing to Liverpool's fans about that. Now after both CL wins we got few "Ole is amazing" threads.
These people are just deluded in a way that no conversation is possible even when after we are trashed 6-1 at home.
And few of them are just WUMs...

Ollie Derbyshire

Sorry but I’m now Ole out, I’ve held out as long as I can, far to many poor performances as a team, not just individuals, that he can’t seem to turn around. Just not good enough.

JG3001

Whoever we appoint has to have a distinct style and pattern of play that they don't run from based on the matchup.

That's a bare minimum, basic requirement.

After 2 years I genuinely couldn't say what Solskjaer's preferred style of play is. A sort of half-baked counter attack? A style and formation that changes wildly based on who we play? No consistent attacking patterns.

Even managers like Hassenhuttl and Potter, maybe the personnel isn't always there to make it work, but they have an ethos and they stick to it.

Hassenhuttl, Nagelsmann or Rose should be our next manager. Not interested in Poch either for similar reasons.
Hassenhutl certainly is an interesting choice, could ironically be the gamble people said we should have taken back when Spurs got Pochettino

TheGame

Why does anyone need an excuse to “why he won” @TheGame ffs? He wins because he’s got a fecking good squad, that’s the bloody point man. If his squad was shit, no-one would blame him.
2 PL seasons running that after 6 games we’ve been on 8 and 7 points.
Im talking about the bloody personal posts! You have poster responding to my last post saying he flukes wins. That just shows this thread for what it’s worth.

Smores

Are you kidding me? Take the Leipzig win compared to the Chelsea result. Lots of posters haven’t got their personal excuse so don’t come in. The poster who responded to my other post confirmed its quiet when he wins.
We're man united, a loss has a much bigger significance than a win. Surely that's obvious?

Seriously some are so entrenched in being right about Ole that they can't understand people change their minds.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Flukes wins? Like that 5-0 against Leipzig? Or the PSG away win?

You're an exceptionally irritating type of poster, as I'm stewing after that game, and you're making me defend him!
If you know the difference between mediocrity and real quality, maybe you wouldn't get so irritated. Don't lie to yourself. You like to defend him.

90 + 5min

Knee Jerk? :lol:
And go in the performance threads. The players are also getting huge blame.
But you cannot blame Pogba for staying on the pitch. That was on Ole, and he was fecking awful.... Again
Absolutly. When we draw/lose this thred is 10 pages bigger in 10 minutes. When we win it is calm.

Pogba was awful. But you can't change 6-7 player who underperformed.

Robbie Boy

Im talking about the bloody personal posts! You have poster responding to my last post saying he flukes wins. That just shows this thread for what it’s worth.
You want to talk about 'personal attacks'? Have a look at some of the worshipers after our Leipzig result. They were hounding out posters and abusing them no end.

Godfather

At least we'll never ever go back to an ex player again after his. Which can only be a good thing.

Robbie Boy

Absolutly. When we draw/lose this thred is 10 pages bigger in 10 minutes. When we win it is calm.

Pogba was awful. But you can't change 6-7 player who underperformed.
When we win it's calm? :lol:

Did you miss the antics in here midweek. More fake news.

NJM78

There is nothing knee jerk about being outraged with 7 points from 6 games.
Yep, currently looking at about 52 points this season at this rate. Plus have to play Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea away. This season will make last year's look great at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.