Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heardy

If Ole is to be sacked, it will be in december or end of the season, no way they are going to act early. Fecking hell it just made me realise even if we manage to bring a new top manager, we still have the fecking Glazers and Woodward to worry about. The shitstorm is everlasting
December is only four weeks away.

Wayne's World

How can this be a question anymore? We are currently 16th in the Premier League

Not after 1, 2, 3 games...it's fecking 6 games and November and could be above the relegation zone

The Glazers and Woodward and Ole have fecked this football club, lowered the standards for one of the biggest clubs in the world

drdoityourself

Changed my vote, this team is going nowhere fast.

Can't press, can't move without the ball, the weight of passes are soft and it's just passing for the sake of it.
Tactics just all over the place at the moment.

With Pochettino available this should be an easy decision, which if the last years are anything to go by, I'm sure we won't make.

Ranchero

I'm watching the news about the US elections, in a mostly shocked state due to how many votes Trump is continuing to get after these last few years. What it tells me is that people do not learn. In a similar fashion, Ole doesn't seem to learn. It's the same mistakes over and over again. Occasionally, we pull out a phenomenal performance from somewhere where it looks like we've turned a corner, but we then follow this up with another lifeless performance.
For a club of this stature, we cannot afford to be this inconsistent. I was very much Pro-Ole before this season, but the performances and results this season (bar those two great Champions League games) have been dreadful. We do not know what we're doing and we're just going from one bad game to the next. Whenever he goes is up to him and the higher ups, but what's clear to me is that he isn't the right person that we need in charge if we're trying to go somewhere. We're wheel-spinning, and the wheels have now fallen off. We actually have decent players in the squad who could be achieving something if we managed them and, importantly, fecking coached them. I really fear that we'll back on this period a few years from now and consider this a huge opportunity missed. The longer time goes on, the more we fall further behind.
I feel your pain... but the real culprits are the owners and the board room. Ole will have to carry the can for the inept way we were set up and the totally random subsitutions as at the weekend. But make no mistake about it the recruitment shambles that happens every year post-Sir Alex is not on the Norwegian.

Eddy_JukeZ

If he is at the club tomorrow, we have a problem. I mean, we have a problem anyway, but it will be another confirmation that Edward is an imbecile.
I would be stunned if he's sacked from this result.

Maybe if we lose vs Everton, he'll go.

But I don't see us pulling the trigger yet.

I would definitely sack him though.

laughtersassassin

We will beat Everton and he'll keep his job for another few months costing us more points in the long run.

That's my prediction.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So by the end of the game we had a line of defenders, a line of attackers and Mr Hollywood somewhere in the middle fecking up everything he touched as per usual.... :lol:

Somewhere out there, Sammsky will explain the tactical masterclass yet again

Fracture90

Woodward should not be the man appointing our new manager! Moreso he should be flogged in front of 'Old Trafford'.

Machine Elements

We've wasted 2 years and £300m with him. Are his fans on here and his former team mates in the studios happy now?

Robbie Boy

What excuses are being made for him tonight? Thats a win, a draw and 2 defeats in the last 4. Pitiful.

Conor

He has to be nearing the end surely, the amount of talent he has at his disposal and we are playing like a mid table team at best.

Ranchero

Changed my vote, this team is going nowhere fast.

Can't press, can't move without the ball, the weight of passes are soft and it's just passing for the sake of it.
Tactics just all over the place at the moment.

With Pochettino available this should be an easy decision, which if the last years are anything to go by, I'm sure we won't make.
I think his appearance on Monday Night Football was deliberately timed. Hey, look, I am still here.
Do we think Poch is the answer? Well Ole isnt. He won't take this club to where we need to be. Let's be honest. It has taken a long time to get to this point but it seems to be obvious. Ole is not the man

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@VP89 I think it was you, posted something recently from a reputed journo saying that the players didn't have total faith in Ole?

It looks like he's losing the dressing room now which there'll be no way back from.
Yes it was reported by Laurie Whitwell and Duncan Castles. I know a lot of people don't like castles but Whitwell is a very credible United source for the Athletic and said a few weeks ago that several players doubt Ole's credentials as a "top coach" despite liking him generally

el3mel

We will beat Everton and he'll keep his job for another few months costing us more points in the long run.

That's my prediction.
Well considering we turn to prime Barca whenever pressure piles up, can see a comfortable win against Everton.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Glorified West Ham.

Said it last year and no-one wanted to hear it...

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/we-...glorified-west-ham-aka-pointless-moan.452103/

The inferiority complex ensures we will, or used to, semi-regularly beat the the big boys or give an all heart performance but the lesser lights? Zero interest. The result being we are quickly turning into one of those lesser lights and are now getting humped or swatted aside by the big boys and lesser lights.

wolvored

This!!! Which team would hire Ole? I doubt any team would. If Ed has any brains and balls Poch will be our manager within a week.
He will end up managing back in Norway. Thats his level.

Ranchero

He has to be nearing the end surely, the amount of talent he has at his disposal and we are playing like a mid table team at best.
Erm we are close to the bottom of the table right now. Palace beat us. Mid table is flattering at the moment.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think this is his limit. I'm quite certain we wouldn't be seeing any tactical master class Ole thread after beating a top side

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah, because as we all know, players love to love and enjoy losing just to sack the manager.
They've not played for any manager. Yeah, let's just give them the benefit of the doubt again. I'm sure next time will be 100% different and we definitely won't be having this same conversation.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Flogging a dead horse at this rate.
That first goal concession tells you all you need to know about his set up and coaching.

I dont oft have call to use the term embarrassing but that was it. The fcuking champions league in an away game and the whole team are up for a corner in the first few mins of a game.

Its unforgivable.

I'm sorry but it's not working so pull the plug before the season becomes a lost cause

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So by the end of the game we had a line of defenders, a line of attackers and Mr Hollywood somewhere in the middle fecking up everything he touched as per usual.... :lol:

Somewhere out there, Sammsky will explain the tactical masterclass yet again
Don't even get me started on Mr. Hollywood.

JG3001

It’s obvious he has no real future but he’s a long way from being sacked, a loss to Everton won’t change that. If things don’t improve I still can’t see him going until after the City game at the earliest. He seemed totally clueless tonight and we seem to have gone full circle to what it was like under previous managers.
The thing is the board could claim back the faintest slither of credibility if they just acted now. They have dithered on every managerial sacking/appointment to date, and it’s baffling when everyone else can see the problem weeks, if not months, in advance.

Who are they trying to please by keeping hanging on till the very death?

When the dog is suffering, you put it down...

What excuses are being made for him tonight? Thats a win, a draw and 2 defeats in the last 4. Pitiful.
Prediction, he'll lose to Everton, then inexplicably keep his job over the break. He'll win at home to WBA and Istanbul, putting us in a decent position in the CL group and that'll be enough to see him through to Christmas.

Cause, "United way" innit.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Maguire was one of the best defenders in the league. Wan bissaka I can’t work out.

We took a punt on James and it hasn’t worked out. He was never going to come in and be our first choice winger after a handful of decent performances in the championship.
And yet not even the best at his previous club. No way are we ever winning the league with him at the centre of our defence.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He keeps doing enough to make me not fully tilt to Ole out but it’s close.

Ranchero

He will end up managing back in Norway. Thats his level.
Who is looking at Ole and thinking we need him. I mean he knows Norwegian compatriot Haaland, and yet he still decided to go to Dortmund. But make no mistake, getting rid of Ole wont end the recruitment shambles, of which the Sancho debacle was just the latest chapter.

Dan_F

Just bizarre. I’m struggling to even process what I’ve just watched. Looking at our fixture list, it barely gets much better, we’ve got a game against West Brom and the home tie against Istanbul. Then it’s the following games before the end of the year (Not in order) ...

West Ham, Sheffield Utd, Leicester, Everton, Southampton - Away.
City, Leeds, Wolves - Home.
PSG and Leipzig in CL.

I don’t see him getting through that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Worst part about United now is that I can't even enjoy wins properly anymore. Everytime we win I am certain that a loss is coming. If we best Everton a part of me will be disappointed because Ole will get even more time . It's been 2 fecking years and we are absolutely garbage

Skills

Snitch
Maguire was one of the best defenders in the league. Wan bissaka I can’t work out.

We took a punt on James and it hasn’t worked out. He was never going to come in and be our first choice winger after a handful of decent performances in the championship.
When was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.