Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untd55

Solskjaer has been backed.

We have spent £280m since he became manager; the highest average spending of any manager we have ever had.

He has been given more time than he deserves, so the club has shown their support through patience and time. He would not have even got the job at any other big club based on the temporary manager period. We were very eager to sign him when he didn't really deserve; it's not like he won the Champions League.

Funds were not held back by the club based on him not getting much out of signings. After spending £130m on defenders, we went on to conceded a goal in every game until the end of December. That doesn't fill you with much confidence, does it? Yet, the club still supported him by buying Fernandes.

I don't see how he hasn't been supported. In fact, he has probably been given too much support.

croadyman

People like Keane and those in the medioa saying its all the players fault, throwing Ole under the bus etc hjave absolutely no idea what they are talking about, yeah we smashed Leipzig a couple weeks ago becuase all those players were trying to throw Ole under the bus, they won't come out and say the truth because they are best buds with him, its seriously ridiculous,
Expect Rio to realise the error of what he said about being unsure that Ole has the personality to turn around Utd and be rolled out by BT Sport in a staunch defence of his old team mate on Saturday

Rolaholic

The turn has been swift on here sheesh.

Even though I like some of the names floated around as successors I'm almost certain we'll be back to this stage in a few years just as we have now with Ole, and Jose, and LVG, and Moyes before them...

Not much will change with another new manager so long as we have the three blind men in charge of running the club and refusing to restructure our football operations. Shame someone like Ole's the scapegoat this time around.

Good luck to whoever gets thrown in the meat grinder next

Greck

It's criminal we haven't signed one proper first team player going into this season. It's even more criminal that happened after a fairly successful season.

We'll never really know for sure whose fault that is. We stood still while others around us improved their first 11.
Let's be real. By the end of last season what was the commonly cited pressing issue with our squad? A lack of depth right? Common belief was the starting XI was otherwise mint. Depth and or Sancho were to be made the priority. We proceeded in the transfer market on exactly that basis. We didn't upgrade our XI because unlike others we had a different set of needs. We actually addressed the depth. This season there has been strong revisionism on this

Rolaholic

Let's be real. By the end of last season what was the commonly cited pressing issue with our squad? A lack of depth right? Common belief was the starting XI was otherwise mint. Depth and or Sancho were to be made the priority. We proceeded in the transfer market on exactly that basis. We didn't upgrade our XI because unlike others we had a different set of needs. This season there has been strong revisionism around here on this
A starting RW has been a need for almost a decade now, that did not change when we finished third as that was on everyone's shortlist heading into the summer. Revisionism would be claiming otherwise.

If Sancho was never feasible for the club, another target should've been identified and worked on early instead of pissing around until the final week of the window once again but that's seemingly too much to ask for.

Foxbatt

The turn has been swift on here sheesh.

Even though I like some of the names floated around as successors I'm almost certain we'll be back to this stage in a few years just as we have now with Ole, and Jose, and LVG, and Moyes before them...

Not much will change with another new manager so long as we have the three blind men in charge of running the club and refusing to restructure our football operations. Shame someone like Ole's the scapegoat this time around.

Good luck to whoever gets thrown in the meat grinder next
Half of CAF would do the same job too. long passes behind the opposing defence for our forwards. Long corner for Maguire to head. Shoot on site of the goal. These seem to be his tactics. CAF many at least variate our corners and set pieces and probably not start Pogba and get them to practice passing and crossing better.

Rolaholic

Half of CAF would do the same job too. long passes behind the opposing defence for our forwards. Long corner for Maguire to head. Shoot on site of the goal. These seem to be his tactics. CAF many at least variate our corners and set pieces and probably not start Pogba and get them to practice passing and crossing better.
We should hire members of the Caf in that case on a weekly rotational basis since it's so easy instead of the same song and dance every 2 years.

We should have a football manager/fifa tournament to decide who gets first dibs given that it's child's play

Foxbatt

We should hire members of the Caf in that case on a weekly rotational basis since it's so easy instead of the same song and dance every 2 years.

We should have a football manager/fifa tournament to decide who gets first dibs given that it's child's play
Probably. Molde have scored against Arsenal at the Emirates. At half time it is 1-1. More than what we did at OT last week.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

Spot on, he was kind of set up to fail after accomplishing what the club asked of him last season....
Hate how we seem to be drawn into this same cycle every 2-3 years under the club's present management.
All completely true. But overlooks that the the only reason he got the job in the first place was to insulate the owners from criticism. Ole is part of the problem. But the problem is not Ole.

Eddy_JukeZ

All completely true. But overlooks that the the only reason he got the job in the first place was to insulate the owners from criticism. Ole is part of the problem. But the problem is not Ole.
We were never signing Sancho, Grealish and Upamecano in a COVID-19 window.

You couldn't even get those 3 players on FM.

The targets weren't realistic at all.

Robbie Boy

People say that "when he needs a result, he gets one" as if it's some kind of positive are an absolute marvel.
I think most see it as a negative, to be honest. It's frustrating that he has a knack of pulling out a result to prolong his inevitable sacking. We know we'll turn to shit pretty soon after, as-per usual.

Cloud7

Just when I thought there was some light at the end of the tunnel there's all these articles making these ridiculous excuses for Ole again. I really did hope that for once the club would be proactive, but I'm almost sure they're going to dither on this, and sack Ole when the season is already beyond salvaging, and thus waste another year of everyone's time.

RUCK4444

Just when I thought there was some light at the end of the tunnel there's all these articles making these ridiculous excuses for Ole again. I really did hope that for once the club would be proactive, but I'm almost sure they're going to dither on this, and sack Ole when the season is already beyond salvaging, and thus waste another year of everyone's time.
Whether you or I want Ole out and regardless of whether it’s needed or not, never underestimate the ability of the hierarchy at United to wait until the worst possible moment to try to change management.

The whole shitshow is so depressing. I don’t even want Ole to be changed becuase I don’t beleive there is a manager available that will appease us fans.

Cloud7

Whether you or I want Ole out and regardless of whether it’s needed or not, never underestimate the ability of the hierarchy at United to wait until the worst possible moment to try to change management.

The whole shitshow is so depressing. I don’t even want Ole to be changed becuase I don’t beleive there is a manager available that will appease us fans.
Agreed. We might disagree on your second point, but on the first, I fully agree with you. This is one thing they always, always botch. They wait far too long to make a change, and in doing so always end up wasting a season. Added to that, by waiting, quite often by the time we're ready to make said change, the best options have already gone. It is such a shambles.

RUCK4444

Agreed. We might disagree on your second point, but on the first, I fully agree with you. This is one thing they always, always botch. They wait far too long to make a change, and in doing so always end up wasting a season. Added to that, by waiting, quite often by the time we're ready to make said change, the best options have already gone. It is such a shambles.
Yup exactly, no doubt Poch will have a job by the time any move is made and other potential suitors will be unavailable.

This is part of my worry because with every wrong appointment we waste multiple years and millions of pounds. I’m just about done with it tbh.

OrcaFat

I was “Ole out” this morning but after reading the absolute bollocks in this thread about how bad he is, I changed my mind. Again.

He’s in a hell of a rut but, what the hell, I’m back on board. (Unless we lose to Everton, in which case the whole lot of ‘em can get fecked.)

Foxbatt

Exactly. They will dither and feck up everything. I mean if they say they have faith in Ole to win the PL and the CL, they should have their heads examined.

Paul_Scholes18

How would you rate Ole compared with the managerial skills of CAF posters? Lower or higher?
Tactically better or worse?

AFC NimbleThumb

Im sick of these excuses. If we got beat by PSG, Chelsea and/or even Leipzig then ok. But all we are asking is for consistency and to beat the likes of Palace, and Istanbul and not get schooled (even though we won) against Brighton etc. This has nothing to do with spend. Nothing. 0. Nada.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Absolutely no point beating PSG & Leipzig to the sh*t the bed against Instanbul.

We’ve had 4 home games this season & lost 3; we have been consistent - consistently sh*t.

We have good players, they will on occasion score worldies ala Rashford vs PSG or come on against a tiring team & tear them apart ala Rashford vs Leipzig but when the games get competitive we generally falter. How can we be 1-0 up in a minute against Spurs & lose 6-1 ffs!

patty123

Yes Bielsa one of the highest rated and respected coaches in the league that led Leeds to winning the championship after 16 years away from the pl. So much for his style of play winning things
Yeah but he had to hand out 55 million on transfers, and you never answered my question, so here it is again, try to answer this time rather then repeat yourself, if his style is so great, why did it take 18 yrs, 6 teams later after he left his home country to win something and spending a hell of a lot for a division 2 team like dirty leeds ?

wolvored

Solskjaer has been backed.

We have spent £280m since he became manager; the highest average spending of any manager we have ever had.

He has been given more time than he deserves, so the club has shown their support through patience and time. He would not have even got the job at any other big club based on the temporary manager period. We were very eager to sign him when he didn't really deserve; it's not like he won the Champions League.

Funds were not held back by the club based on him not getting much out of signings. After spending £130m on defenders, we went on to conceded a goal in every game until the end of December. That doesn't fill you with much confidence, does it? Yet, the club still supported him by buying Fernandes.

I don't see how he hasn't been supported. In fact, he has probably been given too much support.
Fully agree.

Foxbatt

Yeah but he had to hand out 55 million on transfers, and you never answered my question, so here it is again, try to answer this time rather then repeat yourself, if his style is so great, why did it take 18 yrs, 6 teams later after he left his home country to win something and spending a hell of a lot for a division 2 team like dirty leeds ?
Johan Cruijff didn't win much as a manager as someone of his reputation. It does not stop him being from a top coach. Ancelotti has won three CL trophies too and is now at Everton. Biesla not coaching at a big club does not make him a bad coach. In fact he is a top coach.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Do they not think, "we've been here before". From this point there's generally at least another few months before they actually bite the bullet.

Honestly, even if Ole steadies the ship it's not enough. We should be making progress this season. All this crap shouldn't have been happening at all this year, yet here we are. No progress and still the same flimsy proposition as we have been the last few years, though we've spent a tonne of money and signed Cavani and Telles for about £10m combined as part of that.

Just put us and Ole out of our misery. You can see on his face after games that he's expecting the chop any day now.

markhughes

I changed my vote to “out” however it’s clearly a bigger problem than Ole.

we have...

Owners that do not care about the club, who saddle us with Debt and use the club purely to line their pockets. Zero ambition for football related matters.

Woody, how many shambolic windows do we have to have to realise he hasn’t got a clue? Another non footballing executive who doesn’t know what he is doing.

Players who mostly do not care about the club or who are simply not good enough. We have a number players who think they are better than they actually are.

Ole, club legend always but he is inexperienced and doesn’t seem to have an idea on how he wants the team to play while at the same time struggling to fit a disjointed team onto the pitch.

Facilities, our stadium and training facilities are quite far behind some of our rivals who have invested far more in their infrastructure over the past few years.

All of these things combined produces the absolute shambles of a football club that we currently are. Sacking Ole will not fix this, it may be a step forward but only if we are prepared to look at the other areas of the club, we clearly are not going to change they way we operate.

USREDEVIL

I'm staying in. I had been out after that Burnley game but Ole won me back after the great ending to last season. I'm going to stay a bit patient and see how he does until Christmas. But i've got no beef with the Ole outers. Right now we're still early days in the league, a game in hand, and we're still very likely to progress in the UCL.

windco

There’s no point moving him to a DOF role when the board have already made clear they won’t sign his targets. The board caused the dark cloud around the club after the positive finish to last season, he’s a sitting duck now
He wasn't a club legend, and the fact that Moyes didn't have a clue. His mentality doesn't fit a team that wants and needs to dominate 70 % of their games.
Even if we finish this season on 10th with Ole, I believe I'd still rank him over Moyes as United manager.
Just remember the press conferences with Moyes:
"I don't know how to win. We played well today" - After the 2-1 loss against Stoke.

"Their league position suggests they are ahead of us, and they possibly do come here as favorites. Liverpool are having a very good season and we will have to do everything we possibly can to beat them." Before the game at Old Trafford. They came to us. Yes, they had a good season, but we were the reigning champions at home. We should always see our self as favorites at home against Liverpool. At least back then.
He was honest while Ole lied to us "football is easy when you have good players" and he had past-it squad and never gave him enough players or money to compete fairly , Ole will still end up as worse manager than him for us.

Marcus

I hate this limbo we are in. I am not ok with Ole doing "just enough“ not to get fired. That is how mediocrity becomes acceptable. We are not a team to learn on the job with.

USREDEVIL

I hate this limbo we are in. I am not ok with Ole doing "just enough“ not to get fired. That is how mediocrity becomes acceptable. We are not a team to learn on the job with.
Seems like the teams does the same damn thing. Shows up some games, not so much others.

Foxbatt

No wonder he is down. Nothing seems to be working. I think Ole should have got a top class coach.

KwokSF

Give him afew more years to get his players to form his team. Sancho, haaland, a top young CB. We are not challenging pool and it for couple more years at least so why not use this time to let Ole do his thing and form his team

windco

Im sick of these excuses. If we got beat by PSG, Chelsea and/or even Leipzig then ok. But all we are asking is for consistency and to beat the likes of Palace, and Istanbul and not get schooled (even though we won) against Brighton etc. This has nothing to do with spend. Nothing. 0. Nada.
Yeah , i didn't see this kind of excuses when Mourinho was simply asked for new defender , He didn't even ask them to be expensive as well. Actually looking at the players he brought at spurs, he didn't went for fancy name either , just asked for players who will help him shaping his team , to have at least 2 good players in each position.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Spot on, he was kind of set up to fail after accomplishing what the club asked of him last season. Lampard hasn't shown anything that proves he's a better manager but he was backed unquestionably and is getting a chance to build on last year. Ole hasn't been afforded the same luxury.

It's a shame and he shouldn't be the first one punished for the poor start to the season but unfortunately he's being set up to take the fall as those above him are seemingly indispensable to the Glazers.

Hate how we seem to be drawn into this same cycle every 2-3 years under the club's present management.
And Lampard didn't get an opportunity last year while Ole spent 200m.

Not Lampard's problem that he spent 130m on 2 average defenders

Marcus

If you look at Woodward's comments after Jose was sacked, he said that Ole was brought in to unite the dressing room. I think Ole has succeeded. But if lack of results causes the dressing room to be disunited, I guess Ole gets sacked then. So the important gauge is whether comments are coming from the dressing room to that effect. Ironically, the player most likely to spark such dissatisfaction is Bruno. You heard it here first.

LDUred

We are all of six games into the league season which has been stop-start for us. Annoying injuries and suspensions to key players have not helped, and we haven't been able to successfully integrate any of the new signings for a variety of reasons, some of them out of the control of OGS (Telles getting COVID-19, for example).

I don't see how Ole is to blame for Martial getting a ridiculous red card or for Rashford to go from anonymous to stelllar from one game to the next. He is not to blame for Greenwood's mysterious illness. nor for the failure of the board to back him on Sancho.

What you do hope for though after two underwhelming performances is a reaction in a tough fixture against Everton. We will be under the cosh against a side full of confidence and goals, but that sometimes brings out the best in Ole's sides. He revels in the underdog role, which probably sits uncomfortably at a club like ours.

On the other hand, if we do get thumped and fail to compete with Everton, then it could be a sign that Ole has lost the players. That positive reaction and display of character is ultimately what his continuation in the role of manager rests upon. Personally, I reckon we will bounce back and get something from the game. We are still a side that has gone on impressive runs under his tenure and we need a result to kick start us. I just think that a bit of misfortune here and there could swing it the other way and we may never get back from a bad result this weekend.

Foxbatt

If you look at Woodward's comments after Jose was sacked, he said that Ole was brought in to unite the dressing room. I think Ole has succeeded. But if lack of results causes the dressing room to be disunited, I guess Ole gets sacked then. So the important gauge is whether comments are coming from the dressing room to that effect. Ironically, the player most likely to spark such dissatisfaction is Bruno. You heard it here first.
Top layers want a good salary and also win trophies. Manchester United always has a chance of winning trophies. When players find that this chance is diminishing with managers who does not have a chance of winning then the top quality players get upset.

Foxbatt

We are all of six games into the league season which has been stop-start for us. Annoying injuries and suspensions to key players have not helped, and we haven't been able to successfully integrate any of the new signings for a variety of reasons, some of them out of the control of OGS (Telles getting COVID-19, for example).

I don't see how Ole is to blame for Martial getting a ridiculous red card or for Rashford to go from anonymous to stelllar from one game to the next. He is not to blame for Greenwood's mysterious illness. nor for the failure of the board to back him on Sancho.

What you do hope for though after two underwhelming performances is a reaction in a tough fixture against Everton. We will be under the cosh against a side full of confidence and goals, but that sometimes brings out the best in Ole's sides. He revels in the underdog role, which probably sits uncomfortably at a club like ours.

On the other hand, if we do get thumped and fail to compete with Everton, then it could be a sign that Ole has lost the players. That positive reaction and display of character is ultimately what his continuation in the role of manager rests upon. Personally, I reckon we will bounce back and get something from the game. We are still a side that has gone on impressive runs under his tenure and we need a result to kick start us. I just think that a bit of misfortune here and there could swing it the other way and we may never get back from a bad result this weekend.
Of course we may win this match. Newcastle beat them too. But then we normally go on a bad run after winning an important game. There is no progress at all in the way we play. Ancelotti would be a fool to attack us and leave space behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.