Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Credit where credit is due. Cavani should have started but at least Ole brought him on at halftime instead of wait like he usually does for 60/75 mins.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Absolutely. Credit where it is due. Amazing sub!

el3mel

I'm buzzing I'm fecking buzzing !!!!!!!!

Cavaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

What a fantastic fantastic result and match. Fecking credit for Ole, Cavani, Buro and literally everone who gave me such excitement after first half.

Goddamn it get the feck in Cavaniiiiiiiii.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nah, great second half. Really good. Complete domination of Southampton. Key is to continue like this into our next game. No more false dawns.

tomaldinho1

I wonder if that is the end of DDGs time at No1. Cavani will take the headlines but Hendo looked v composed and, dare I say it, we looked a lot more solid 2nd half.

edgecutter

I am over the moon with the result. Ole should have started Cavani and it goes to show that he still can't pick his best 11.

I still think the players are god enough to challenge, but the management team is what is going to hold us back.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't know, it's the same exact corner they scored last season, someone isn't doing his homework.
We marked the near post well to be fair, Rashford just didn't mark his man as well as he could have. But thats OK, because there was so much better today versus Southampton than last season and that marks a good procession point.
Our performance is better. But we dont have to attacking play that City under Guardiola have that can cut teams open at will.

We instead rely on either individual brilliance (from Bruno or Rashford) or a mistake from the opposition.

My criticism of Ole has always been this. We are not coached to attack as a unit like City are.

If we were actually coached as a collective unit to break down teams we would cut them open.
TBH Southampton are one of the better sides in the league, and City struggled with some games creatively as much as we have.
I've been so active in the past couple days but @RedSky this 45 mins is what I mean - our performance today is actually better than WBA or Everton and even the first 45 vs Newcastle.

There were two silly set pieces that they took but we have generally worked hard, won second balls better and created very good chances that should be taken. If we drop points with performances like these then there's no complaints from me. If the second 45 is like the first by way of our application then I'd mark today as a step forward in my evaluation of Ole. I trust a process of dropping points along the way if I see it on the pitch, and we need to play more like we did in the first half.

It's a stupid error from Fred and I can't complain about the corner, it's a good fecking corner just take it on the chin and trust us to create a couple in the second half because we can.
^I said this as someone doubting Ole, at 45 minutes. The full time result doesn't surprise me one bit because the manager has learned from his previous encounters. It's a good day all round and extremely pleasing performance as well as the result.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Absolutely massive for Ole ahead of those two decisive Champions League games and the Moyesian ghost of United past.

Paul_Scholes18

Great turnaround!

Still we could probably do even better without Ole and having a proper top manager.

Last two wins have been really good though so Ole is getting things right at the moment.

el3mel

What a fecking second half this was !! Whatever he told them during half time it fecking worked!! Cavani and Bruno master classed our way to a fantastic comeback.

JG3001

Glad he’s finally reading these threads and realises youre allowed to make a sub before 75 mins.

Kag

Cavani is not even his signing. Otherwise he wouldn't have come on the last day.
But he signed under Ole’s tenure. Therefore, he’s his signing.

Don’t be a plonker: you can’t criticise a manager when his signings quite literally work together to win us games.

Status
Not open for further replies.